AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-10-20, 21:41   Link #101
LynnieS

I don't really like Amazon's marketplace when it comes to older goods. More times than not, I've found that I can pay less by bidding on the item on Yahoo Japan's auction site instead - as long as it has it, of course. You just have to know how much you are willing to pay, and not go over it. Just don't forget any bank transfer or credit card fees plus shipping costs. Depending on how much you are willing to pay and how popular an auction is, the cost isn't that bad.

That particular "Denkegi G's Festival" issue is up on the site, and right now, it's going for 2800 yen. There isn't much about it except the seller is selling a new issue of volume 9, and it should be for both magazine and pillowcase.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 02:06   Link #102
relentlessflame

*Administrator

By the way, since I said that I'd mention once I heard a new Festival issue was coming, there are actually two new Festival series with first volumes coming at the end of this month (I guess the G's Festival line has been a successful for MediaWorks). Anyway, you can see them on the G's Blog: Dengeki G's Festival Comic Vol. 1 and the ef-focused Dengeki G's Festival Deluxe Vol. 1 (whose headlining extra is... rather unconventional for a mainstream inclusion... ). They're to be released on the 26th and 30th of November respectively, and haven't appeared on Amazon quite yet. So, just so you know! I still wonder if it'd be better to create a thread for these sorts of special magazine issues, but this'll do for now.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-23, 17:53   Link #103
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

Does anyone know where to subscribe for the US localization? I dont mind going to the bookstore but I'd rather it be mailed home.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-23, 21:51   Link #104
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Hey PC.

I do know these 2 site does it.

Jlist & Benippon

http://www.jlist.com/SEARCH/megami/1/

http://benippon.com/shop/product_inf...oducts_id=1377

From the benippon, you choose and click the amount you want(you'll see the 1, 2, 3, 6, 9, 12 and 18 I do think). Though cause of the shipping on every volume the shipping gets really expensive. This is for jlist too.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 07:11   Link #105
yoh_fangirl

wow, i see so many votes for Newtype, its a shame that i didnt get a chance to buy it now that it's come to an end... Dont they sell a magazine called Otaku america aswell? i'm wondering what people think of that magzine
yoh_fangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-25, 01:44   Link #106
Alchemist007
*Author

Anime/Japanese news magazine?

Are there any internet (preferably free) magazine style websites for Anime news? I mean aside from forums, anidb, animenewsnetwork, I don't really have anything (assuming what I said wasn't enough already ).
Old 2009-01-27, 04:28   Link #107
Alchemist007
*Author

seriously? NOBODY here visits any?
Old 2009-01-27, 09:31   Link #108
-Kh-
ポルカ

- http://www.sankakucomplex.com/ NSFW

- http://akibanana.com/

- http://www.dannychoo.com/
-Kh- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 11:32   Link #109
Alchemist007
*Author

Thanks, those all look nice!
Old 2009-03-02, 00:35   Link #110
kguthrie

Anime Insider Magazine

I was just checking out anime stuff on Amazon and I came across a magazine called Anime Insider. Does anyone know if it is any good? There is a special where it is $28 for a year (Normal price is $78.88). Just curious if it is worth buying?
kguthrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-02, 11:04   Link #111
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kguthrie View Post
I was just checking out anime stuff on Amazon and I came across a magazine called Anime Insider. Does anyone know if it is any good? There is a special where it is $28 for a year (Normal price is $78.88). Just curious if it is worth buying?
http://www.wizarduniverse.com/anime.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anime_Insider

Thinner than the defunct Newtype USA/PiQ, but yes it's worth buying. Great artwork and layout. Good insider stories and commentaries. News on even j-pop and games, and old school anime. They look into what's coming, what's hot, and even what's being currently aired in Japan (and therefore being subbed).

Right now the March 2009 issue has D-Grayman on the cover. Yes, they even spelled Ogasawara correctly.

OBTW, getting AI was real damn hard: two days and I covered six malls across the city just to buy it because of what's inside:

I presume this is the last copy of this issue -- literally a collector's item -- existing in the Philippines, as it's found only in a comic bookstore called Comic Quest.

Last edited by sa547; 2009-03-02 at 11:16.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-02, 13:46   Link #112
npcomplete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Are there any internet (preferably free) magazine style websites for Anime news? I mean aside from forums, anidb, animenewsnetwork, I don't really have anything (assuming what I said wasn't enough already ).
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Kh- View Post
although by default you have to click to display the actual NSFW pics
anyways, it's a great place for current otaku related news and the only English site I know so far where you can quickly find out about things like.. the differences in censorship between multiple stations, if any e.g. the placement of the "bat" in the TV version of R+V2
npcomplete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-03, 12:36   Link #113
Amray

I only posess two volumes of the same anime magazine. I never did buy a lot of magazines although inside of these two in particular, and various others, I appreciate what is written inside of them. They can give me ideas on what manga's I can get when I am in a pinch and do not know which one to read next. Nonetheless I can usually find a random manga in stores that I take a liking towards.

Magazines can be quite helpful to me, in conclusion, although I often prefer to find and review things such as anime and manga for myself. I will never fully appreciate some reviews written by other people as it is obviously always going to be a case of "She likes this, but I do not" or vice versa. It all depends on ones own speculation and preferences with regards to things such as this, which is why I will never take anothers review into account when wanting to view or read a specific series.
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-03, 19:08   Link #114
Soryu
The Black Prince

two magazines that i know of are Newtype and Anime Insider.
Soryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 13:51   Link #115
sa547
*Author

Sorry for being a bearer of bad news but because AI's shutting down this year, according to its former editor:

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2009/03/...001_-_2009.php

This mag really impressed me more than anything else I've seen. Now I wonder if I'll gonna have to wrap my February and March 2009 issues in clear plastic.
Old 2009-03-26, 15:29   Link #116
solomon

crap, are there ANY anime mags left in the states?!
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 15:38   Link #117
sa547
*Author

Recession can really be a bitch, especially when it finally takes down some very good magazines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
crap, are there ANY anime mags left in the states?!
Otaku USA and the e-Mag Protoculture are probably the ones left around, but sometimes I always have a double-take everytime I see a cover like from one issue:
http://patrickmacias.blogs.com/er/20...pril-2009.html
Old 2009-03-27, 05:51   Link #118
KimmyChan

There's three anime-esque related magazines that I read without fail each month:

* Neo

* Shojo Beat

* Shonen Jump
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote