Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2008-02-04, 17:48   Link #1
xaisen

windows error

i have a packard bell h5 315 laptop with windows xp home sp2
i use zone alarm for security
i leave it on over night most of the time for azureus to seed
but lately i've left it on and as soon as i go back onto it in the morning i get an error and everything on azureus has hardly even moved

"Windows cannot access the specified Device, Path or File. You may not have appropriate permissions to access the items"

nothing works, i click on lolifox, my computer even Turn Off Computer, i get the error.
i just have to turn it off with the power button. Normally i wouldn't be bothered but if it happens an hour after i fall asleep and i sleep for 10 hours thats 9 hours of it not seeding or downloading or even doing anything else
its really annoying me
what can i do
i need this sorting anyone know how besides formattin and starting again, i've had to alot lately
HELP!!
xaisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 18:28   Link #2
Isaak
Anime preferred

You could first try using a different download client.
Isaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 19:06   Link #3
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

First, I'd want to know what the object was the Windows can't access. The torrent program? The directory where the files are stored?

Try starting a torrent and saving the files to a different location if you have one available to you; a different partition on the hard drive, another machine on any network you might be connected to, or a USB thumb drive. If you can save the files to a different location, something is blocking your permissions to your normal storage location. I'm not enough of a Windows expert to help beyond that, though. (Haven't used Windows in about three or four years now and don't ever expect to use it again.)
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 15:50   Link #4
arcadeplayer987

I'm using Zone Alarm firewall also and Bitcomet and never had any problem with it. Use bitcomet or utorrent is my advice
arcadeplayer987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 05:13   Link #5
xaisen

i think i found the problem...
but not the solution
i left the laptop on for 2 nights
1 night with azureus running and downloading and the other without
the error appeared whilst azureus was running
but i got the same kind of error before i re-installed xp home so it might be the files
but if its the files on the external HD what can i do?
how to fix?
and i've only ever used azureus and prefer to stay that way
xaisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 09:14   Link #6
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Maybe it's some kind of power-saving feature either on the laptop (prime suspect) or the external drive. I take it the laptop is connected to the wall while it's downloading overnight; if so, disable any power-saving features you might have enabled. Usually you can set up different "profiles" in the power-saving utility.

The HDD might also have some type of power saving features like disk spin-downs. Make sure these are disabled as well.

Also, take a look at this thread: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=62017
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote