AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-31, 18:51   Link #221
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
After being forced to become a side-kick for Luffy, Crocodile is already dead, he just ain't buried yet.
Crocodile is awesome, don't hate.
He aint Luffy's sidekick, he's going because he wants to take Whitebeard's head.
[As was stated in the manga]

I noticed something, the fact that Crocodile seem to have a grudge against Whitebeard, does that mean he's a silver medalist?
Old 2009-07-31, 19:16   Link #222
AnbuItachi

those rookies becoming shichibukai? i mean it would be interesting to see luffy face them but having them join at their current level would seriously disgrace the government. maybe in another 10 years, seeing how a fake kuma gave the combined force of kid and law's crew trouble. the real kuma would wipe both of their crews out without a sweat probably.

Quote:
6) Luffy's dream is to become Pirate King; Zoro's is to become the greatest swordsman. Mihawk HIMSELF commented on this, saying that Luffy's dream was even harder then Zoro's, and that Luffy would have to surpass him (Mihawk) to reach it.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/52/11/
Becoming the #1 swordsman also requires becoming stronger than mihawk lol...
Old 2009-07-31, 19:23   Link #223
D Lusion AL

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Bellamy?

World Nobles?

How about Zoro picking up the injured guy and taking him to the hopsital?

Captain Morgan?

I'm sure Luffy would have saved Nami's village even if he didn't want her as a crewmate.

Luffy only fought bellamy because he took Norland's gold

He only fought the world nobles because they were going to sell Kaimi and they shot Hachi

Zoro never fought to save him

They fought Morgan forhis own self defense, and to free Zoro

If he didnt want her as a crewmate, they wouldnt have went after her in the first place.
Old 2009-07-31, 19:42   Link #224
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnbuItachi View Post
those rookies becoming shichibukai? i mean it would be interesting to see luffy face them but having them join at their current level would seriously disgrace the government. maybe in another 10 years, seeing how a fake kuma gave the combined force of kid and law's crew trouble. the real kuma would wipe both of their crews out without a sweat probably.
I believe they were referring to the Post-War World Government.
Old 2009-07-31, 20:00   Link #225
itachi29al

Man, can anyone stand up to Whitebeard. Maybe Dragon but thats the only one i could think of.I think Sengoku was exaggerating when he said, destroy the earth, but who knows.
Old 2009-07-31, 20:04   Link #226
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I hope you mean just for this current story arc (just cause the Whitebeard war may end, doesn't mean the overall War has ended (it won't end until either the pirates/revolutionaries or the WG falls)), because while I'd like the WG to win a big one by the end of this arc, the entire government needs a good revolution to come and kill off all of the disgustingly evil Tenryubito that currently control the world.
Of course. I'm only talking about the present, which is the here and now with the marines and shichibukai versus Whitebeard's crew and his allies. The WG acts as a big deterrent to piracy, and with them out of the picture, pirates would have their way a lot easier, which would make things a lot less interesting. Even if Whitebeard bites the dust, there is still a lot of opposition left to challenge the WG, such as: the Strawhats (eventually later on), the Blackbeard Pirates, the remaining three emperors, the Revolutionaries, and other unknown adversaries/factions that we have yet to see in the New World.

@Phenomenal - If Moria falls in this war, then so be it. Like I said before, as long as he doesn't job miserably and causes lots of problems, I'll be happy . Having a warlord brushed aside so easily would make no sense and be very disappointing from Oda.
Old 2009-07-31, 20:37   Link #227
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
So you didn't agree? I had a hunch that so yeah wasn't in agreement.
I didn't agree, I used "so yeah" in the contexts as "moving on."

Quote:
Nope, you're free to do what you want. I don't think highly enough of myself to think I got the right to decide what others want to do.
Why Thank you.

Quote:
Blackbeard thougth that bringing in Luffy was enough to become a shichibukai so I hardly find an invitation to the shichibukai worth mentioning.
Blackbeard proving himself for the spot =/= being offered a spot.

Quote:
If Luffy wouldn't have declared war to the WG I think he would be their prime candidate atm.
Maybe, maybe not.

Quote:
Be better then this, dissing the Hancock avatar and calling me a Luffy fanboy... . And I have no problem admitting I'm a Luffy fanboy though that's not the same as admitting that I can't discuss rational about him.
Be better then what? I didn't diss the Hancock avatar.

Quote:
Which we know of due to Sengoku has to do with him beeing the son of Roger. Which takes again from that achievement.
Can you show me where this is stated? For just last chapter Ace told Newgate about about Rogers being his Pops, after Ace was offered to be commander of the 2nd crops, after he made the Doma gang surrender, who may have connections to Bohemian Knight Doma. In any case, Newgate see's Roger being Aces father as no big deal. So yeah ain't jack takin away from Ace's achievement.

Quote:
I could now mock how WB bitchslapped him and he failed assasinating WB 100x but I actually do find it cool and gutsy so I won't.
Whats there to mock?

Quote:
I'm not saying this isn't worth mentioning but it happened in the NW, a place Luffy hasn't set foot yet so imo it's invalid. And we don't know how long it took him to get there.
Too bad for Luffy then.

Quote:
Then you deserve the title of king obvious far better then me. So you just wanted to state that Ace atm is superior to Luffy when his journey been 3 year longer and he's already been ages at the New Word. Like we didn't knew that. Thanks king obvious...
If you DID know, why where you arguing?

Quote:
The one beeing ridiculed never finds it funny. King obvious. But can we stop acting immature cause I hardly enjoy it.
I don't think i am being ridiculed, in any case So what do you say when no one finds your joke funny? and I guess I have to be King Obvious for some of you, who miss the obvious, and yeah we can stop acting immature if you truly dislike it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
^^^^
LOL
*Chuckles.*

Last edited by Master Mold; 2009-07-31 at 22:18. Reason: spoon feeding.
Old 2009-07-31, 21:02   Link #228
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Really? What about "Dick" Spandam or the "Assfuck" Tenryubito (these are official titles, mind you)? Wapol seems like a feather-weight compared to their sheer douchebaggery.
Oh yeah, I kinda forgot about Spandam , the Tenryubito are just greedy, racist, rich, spoiled-a**holes with buster call permissions.
Old 2009-07-31, 21:46   Link #229
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
Oh yeah, I kinda forgot about Spandam , the Tenryubito are just greedy, racist, rich, spoiled-a**holes with buster call permissions.
Yeah, Spandam is trouble all right, a big-time megalomaniac. Megalomaniacs are often insensitive braggarts, corrupt for power, annoyingly insane (along with annoyingly stupid), and always think too big and too hard (never rational). As for the Tenryuubito, they have a mix of all 7 deadly sins at different levels:

Sloth (being insensitive, relying on transport, racist)- 9
Gluttony (eating large amounts and not sharing)- 8
Envy (getting upset about being insulted or not getting what they want)- 8
Lust (Possible chances to rape someone)- 7
Greed (keeping their money to themselves and spending them on ill goods)- 7
Pride (thinking only of themselves and how important they are)- 10
Wrath (brutally beating on someone for fun or killing them for no reason)- 5
Old 2009-07-31, 21:56   Link #230
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Yeah, Spandam is trouble all right, a big-time megalomaniac. Megalomaniacs are often insensitive braggarts, corrupt for power, annoyingly insane (along with annoyingly stupid), and always think too big and too hard (never rational). As for the Tenryuubito, they have a mix of all 7 deadly sins at different levels:

Sloth (being insensitive, relying on transport, racist)- 9
Gluttony (eating large amounts and not sharing)- 8
Envy (getting upset about being insulted or not getting what they want)- 8
Lust (Possible chances to rape someone)- 7
Greed (keeping their money to themselves and spending them on ill goods)- 7
Pride (thinking only of themselves and how important they are)- 10
Wrath (brutally beating on someone for fun or killing them for no reason)- 5
That's an interesting way of looking at it Rainbowman, I never really paid too much attention to the big 7's when it comes to villains, but when you think about it arrogant snobs like the Tenryubito are pretty much stereotypical "fat cats" not unlike plantation owners from the South circ 1800, etc.
Old 2009-08-01, 01:46   Link #231
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
@Phenomenal - If Moria falls in this war, then so be it. Like I said before, as long as he doesn't job miserably and causes lots of problems, I'll be happy . Having a warlord brushed aside so easily would make no sense and be very disappointing from Oda.
Wouldn't be the 1st time.
Old 2009-08-01, 03:15   Link #232
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

As a long time member of this forum, i'd have to say that the discussion is more entertaining then ever since Master Mold arrived in these threads. Not very usefull for One Piece per se, since discussions are never resolved because Mold blatantly denies facts and is as thickheaded as..well something very thickheaded. But he's not always wrong. And certainly not stupid. Entertaining indeed. Besides, he draws out the best (or worse ) in James.
Old 2009-08-01, 06:03   Link #233
seiji_kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold View Post
Be better then what? I didn't diss the Hancock avatar.
I'm glad then.

Quote:
Can you show me where this is stated?
Sengoku didn't flat out tell it but his words did imply it in a sense imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sengoku
.Two years ago, it was......... // ...Choosing to take your mother's name...
Ace: ............ you had risen with frightening speed and remarkable power to notability as Captain of the Spade Pirates... / It was then that we finally realised... that Roger's blood still lived on!! But Whitebeard, who came to the same realisation just as we did... // ...chose to take in the son of his old rival onto his own ship... / ...that he might raise him to be the next Pirate

http://dl01.mangashare.com/manga/One-Piece/551/007.jpg
http://dl01.mangashare.com/manga/One-Piece/551/008.jpg
Quote:
Whats there to mock?
Some people find getting your ass owned 100x+ worth mocking.

Quote:
If you DID know, why where you arguing?
Guess a huge misconception on my part. Cause I do find Luffy's overall track record already more impressive with beating 2 shichis, a random logia and taking out EL and infiltrating and escaping ID but Ace beeing quite a big shot in the New World does kind of outshine anything he did now that we know Luffy is far from that lvl. That's what I'm kind of arguing against. But kind of want to give up on it cause this is just a matter of opinion anyway and I know I'm a little biased when it comes to my favorite character in the series.

Quote:
I don't think i am being ridiculed, in any case So what do you say when no one finds your joke funny? and I guess I have to be King Obvious for some of you, who miss the obvious, and yeah we can stop acting immature if you truly dislike it.
Here I thougth we were with calling each other obvious and my earlier comment, not heavely ofc but at least lightly.
Btw, you =/= no-one. But if it'd be the case, all I can do is apologize for making a lame joke. If this was 2/3+ years back I'd probably reply more nastly but I'm getting to old for that.
Old 2009-08-01, 06:57   Link #234
shankss
CP10

Whitebeard will die no matter what.Thats for certain.
-He was almighty and legendary,
-He showed that he is actually not that bad character by freeing fishmens,rescuing ace and making him pirate king, we will all miss him and stuff.
-He also show his powers enough, some more deaths by cool moves, an "OhNoesImDyingImustUseThisSecretForbiddenUberJutsu ThingThatWillCostMe50YearsOfMyLife" skill and then Whitebeards's goner.

Like hell someone capable of destroying the world can make his way out of that place alive.Im just wondering who will be the one to finish him.
Old 2009-08-01, 07:21   Link #235
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

The main 2 People I'm expecting to give a hell of a performance is Whitebeard and Garp.
As the only 2 men to ever match the Pirate King. They should be the strongest there. So through these 2 we should be able to get a taste of what the Seas were like back then. Also Mihawk too, just because he's one of my favorites and looks like he's ready to chop some fuckers up
Old 2009-08-01, 07:55   Link #236
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Hope this week things will go better for World Government.I know it was WB's flashy entrance week but they overdid it a bit, WG's pathetic.Sengoku was about to bow before WB trembling like a coward in nearly all panels and WB crews were chit-chatting in the middle of a battlefield.

They are taking World Government too lightly and hope Akainu will make them pay...or Blackbeard kick both sides ass to end this all.
Old 2009-08-01, 08:17   Link #237
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Indeed Sengoku fears Whitebeard's power, the three Admirals, the Shichibukai and all of the marines as well. They were all shocked and disorientated by the trembles and the tsunami.

Whitebeard's display of power struck fear into the WG forces, they were intimidated, yes, this is what Haki means. Like I've always been saying, Haki is not some kind of mysterious power or energy, its simply how someone's will to dominate can affect others, in the form of intimidation or pressure.

Whitebeard's display of power shows that he dominates the seas and people fear his power, he let his opponents know that he is serious.

Now that the WG is shaken, they will need to bring up their own Haki to let Whitebeard know that they are serious as well. You need Haki to fight Haki, a battle is not just fought physically, its also a battle of wills. Those with weak wills will be defeated easily, you have stand up to your opponent's will with your own will.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-08-01, 10:10   Link #238
DSDSSDWE
Blah

(Can't believe I'm getting into this debate again)

Yes C.A. I think people understand the difference between fighting physically and psychologically, which is what "will" falls under: psychological conditions. And that what you do can and usually does require both. It's not difficult to get at all.

It's once you start moving it beyond the "psychological" realm and get into the "spiritual" realm, like infusing it in arrows to make them strong enough to break rocks or hit rubber properly, is when you stop talking about "will" and start talking about magic or mysterious energy. Your inability to separate the "psychological" with the "spiritual" needs fixing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Like I've always been saying, Haki is not some kind of mysterious power or energy, its simply how someone's will to dominate can affect others, in the form of intimidation or pressure.
Exactly, nothing mysterious at all about making arrows stronger to break rocks, make Luffy less rubbery so hits can be more effective, and an entire room of people can faint because of a person they don't know. Nothing mysterious about that at all. </sarcasm>
Old 2009-08-01, 10:17   Link #239
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSDSSDWE View Post
(Can't believe I'm getting into this debate again)

Yes C.A. I think people understand the difference between fighting physically and psychologically, which is what "will" falls under: psychological conditions. And that what you do can and usually does require both. It's not difficult to get at all.

It's once you start moving it beyond the "psychological" realm and get into the "spiritual" realm, like infusing it in arrows to make them strong enough to break rocks or hit rubber properly, is when you stop talking about "will" and start talking about magic or mysterious energy. Your inability to separate the "psychological" with the "spiritual" needs fixing.
Let me tell you this as well, the Japanese sees the body, mind and spirit, all 3 as the same thing.

From the dictionary: 精神(Seishin): heart, intention, mind, body, spirit.

The entire being is seen as one, this is what Ki is about. In order to express your will, you have to do action. You do that action because you have the intention. Your intention is your spirit, your spirit is your emotions.

This is how the Japanese view things and how Oda has based One Piece onto. If you're not able to see the Japanese perspective, then you're not seeing the right picture.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSDSSDWE View Post
Exactly, nothing mysterious at all about making arrows stronger to break rocks, make Luffy less rubbery so hits can be more effective, and an entire room of people can faint because of a person they don't know. Nothing mysterious about that at all. </sarcasm>
A mystery is only one when you perceive it as one. As far as shounen manga goes, it has never been a mystery. It has been used over and over again in different stories that its something common in manga.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-08-01, 10:40   Link #240
DSDSSDWE
Blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
This is how the Japanese view things and how Oda has based One Piece onto. If you're not able to see the Japanese perspective, then you're not seeing the right picture.
I find it hard to believe that the Japanese are unable to distinguish "will" as a purely psychological condition, which is what most of the rest of the world see it, and "will" the way you use it, combining both the psychological and spiritual characteristics. It sounds like a severe limitation of the Japanese vocabulary, not to mention a rather unscientific assumption of the workings of humans from a psychological perspective by the Japanese.

However, if that is truly the case (again, highly doubtful) and if you insist on using the loaded Japanese perspective, then don't translate "Haki" but just call it exactly like that. Calling it "will" is a distortion of the word as everybody else knows it. Which makes debating a lot more confusing. Because no matter what you say, "will" pertains to the psychological.

Quote:
A mystery is only one when you perceive it as one. As far as shounen manga goes, it has never been a mystery. It has been used over and over again in different stories that its something common in manga.
Except they don't consider it "will" or call it "Haki" in HxH (which, btw, shares a LOT of similarities with how "Haki" is used in One Piece) or DBZ, but instead consider it some internal energy.
Closed Thread