AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Maria-sama

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-26, 10:36   Link #141
Sarah89

Send a message via MSN to Sarah89
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
I think in the first meeting with the Hanandera Student Council, Sachiko's reaction to being embrased by "Alice" looks much more like panic or even terror (which would indicate she has a pathological fear or men), rather than the annoyance or anger she would feel if she just hated them.
It's difficult to say, as despite her anger towards him she is able to interact with her father at least calmly, and of course she has a bit of a soft spot for Yuuki. Also, despite her conflicted feelings towards him, she is usually very contained around Suguru. I noticed she reacted most strongly to the twins who were quite 'manly', so perhaps she has a problem with more stereotypically 'macho' men than ones a little more sensitive, gentle or less archetypally 'masculine'.
Old 2007-07-26, 12:47   Link #142
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah89 View Post
It's difficult to say, as despite her anger towards him she is able to interact with her father at least calmly, and of course she has a bit of a soft spot for Yuuki.
Well, she has been exposed to her father all her life, so she may just be used to him. and I think Yuuki benfits from the fact that he is Yumi's brother, thus her affection for Yumi bleeds over into at least tolerance of Yuuki.

Quote:
so perhaps she has a problem with more stereotypically 'macho' men than ones a little more sensitive, gentle or less archetypally 'masculine'.
Yes, but "Alice" is probably least masculine guy you can find (much less so than even Yuuki), and she obviously was having problems with him.

My feeling is that she has a general phobia about men, that in certain cases is aleviated or at least lessened by familiarity (her Father) or other factors (Yuuki).
Old 2007-07-26, 12:52   Link #143
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Alice hugged her. Androgynous or not, she's not used to penis bearers doing that.

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2007-07-26 at 14:13.
Old 2007-07-26, 13:12   Link #144
Sarah89

Send a message via MSN to Sarah89
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
Well, she has been exposed to her father all her life, so she may just be used to him. and I think Yuuki benfits from the fact that he is Yumi's brother, thus her affection for Yumi bleeds over into at least tolerance of Yuuki.

Yes, but "Alice" is probably least masculine guy you can find (much less so than even Yuuki), and she obviously was having problems with him.

My feeling is that she has a general phobia about men, that in certain cases is aleviated or at least lessened by familiarity (her Father) or other factors (Yuuki).
Yeah, I think you're right. She did warm to Alice before he hugged her though, which made me think she didn't really have any gripes with him until he came into close physical contact with her (which was definitely going to scare her witless ).
Old 2009-05-15, 18:56   Link #145
Copycatken

Very late to the party, but I've just watched this episode and I was wondering, right after Yumi leaves the Detective Novel club in the Panda suit, we see that all of the club members have a red cheek. I didn't quite catch who slapped/punched them. Was it Yumi who slapped them as a punishment for kidnapping her or was it Kashiwagi himself punching some sense into his kouhais?
Old 2009-05-15, 19:20   Link #146
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Kashiwagi. IIRC, Yumi commented on the directness of male justice.
Old 2009-08-13, 06:10   Link #147
karloring

qns

in the 5th? ova the one which yumi travelled to rome... shimako still has the rosary tt sei gave her... so did tt happen before shimako made noriko her ptetie soeur?
Old 2009-08-13, 13:48   Link #148
inisipis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copycatken View Post
Very late to the party, but I've just watched this episode and I was wondering, right after Yumi leaves the Detective Novel club in the Panda suit, we see that all of the club members have a red cheek. I didn't quite catch who slapped/punched them. Was it Yumi who slapped them as a punishment for kidnapping her or was it Kashiwagi himself punching some sense into his kouhais?
I've read in a Fan translation of the novel (Okazu). That after Yumi left and many minutes before Yuki came, a very terrifying and very angry Kashiwagi ordered the the whole club members to stand in line and face him. Later when Yuki came he noticed all the guys with their left cheek sore.
Old 2009-08-13, 14:42   Link #149
inisipis

Quote:
Originally Posted by karloring View Post
in the 5th? ova the one which yumi travelled to rome... shimako still has the rosary tt sei gave her... so did tt happen before shimako made noriko her ptetie soeur?
The trip to Rome happened many months AFTER Shimako made Noriko her soeur. I could guess , maybe Shimako bought some new Rosary, or maybe she temporally borrowed back the Rosary, or maybe the Animators just messed up.

Now that i think about it, you're the first one to point it out.
Old 2009-08-13, 14:44   Link #150
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I didn't see the rosary... Which scene?
Old 2009-08-13, 14:50   Link #151
inisipis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I didn't see the rosary... Which scene?
Near the end of the Italy trip, When Yumi ask Shimako about the Sei rumor. Shimako raises her wrist to look at her Rosary and answers Yumi about she sensing Sei and it's for her own good...
Old 2009-08-15, 07:33   Link #152
karloring

lol
i've noticed it quite long ago but didnt bother to ask
but it's been bothering me since i'm a fan of seiXshimako
i hope she keeps the one tt sei gave her
Old 2009-10-08, 16:50   Link #153
agila61

As Noriko said (season 2), for her the rosary is just a trinket, while its something far more to Shimako, so Noriko letting Shimako have it for good luck during the trip would be perfectly in character.
Closed Thread