AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

Old 2010-01-24, 19:08   Link #61
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by raeryne View Post
I liked this one a lot, too... please make one for a SHERYL NOME unit, too...or if you don't mind my selfishness, please make one for the main characters...ALL of them...haha,just kidding, a SHERYL unit alone is fine...
The SHERYL NOME unit is next on my list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raeryne View Post
did you write it?this particular chapter was very sweet...
Yes and thank you
Old 2010-01-25, 05:14   Link #62
raeryne

Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
The SHERYL NOME unit is next on my list.
Yes and thank you
Then, I will definitely look forward to it!thanks!
raeryne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 13:50   Link #63
fox7812

Hello from Russia! Here in this topic a russian story about Macross World will be published. GET READY!

Macross Nord (Russian Macross) English Version

I`ll publish chapters as soon as they are translated.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2010-11-25 at 00:09. Reason: Let's not double post, use the edit button instead...
fox7812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 22:58   Link #64
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

SHERYL NOME: The Owner's Guide and Maintenance Manual

Old 2010-05-10, 23:11   Link #65
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
SHERYL NOME: The Owner's Guide and Maintenance Manual

"Minmay was supposed to perform a concert that was for the sake of humanity, but much to our dismay, she chickened out in the last minute! We had to look for a replacement else meet our doom. That's when we stumbled upon the SAOTOME ALTO unit. We dressed the unit up and curled up his hair to increase his feminine looks. With lip-synching and a Vocaloid program, no one was able to tell the difference! Not even the Zentradi! What's more…the SAOTOME ALTO unit looks a hundreds time more pretty than the original Minmay! Now, that's quality we can really recommend."

--Hikaru, Misa and Kaifun (SDF Macross)

haha!! that one cracked me up so hard and at the same time I gotta say it's true that alto is prettier than minmay if you dress him up like that...
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-30, 23:59   Link #66
Spartanz1170

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5786638/...nited_We_Stand
Macross Frontier United We Stand
It centers around the aftermath of Frontier, particular around Klan Klang and another OC Character named Calvin Wagner, Klang, trying to get over Michael Death.
Calvin, trying to find some meaning in his life.
And Alto trying to deal being away from Sheryl and Ranka for so long.
Features Original Characters and Made Up ones. Along with many romances and love triangles. And of course Varaja....

I Recommend reading this because it seems something that would happen after Frontier and would (try) to fill in some plot holes. Plus the writer is very talented in a way.
Spartanz1170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-23, 20:06   Link #67
John117xCortana

I'm currently working on a Macross Frontier fanfic but I need some help with a few things first.. How would Alto react if one of his newest close friend teases him like this ?

"Well isn't it Cassanova. The man who seduced herself."

or

"Look who tore himself away from herself long enough to join us for lunch."
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-23, 22:50   Link #68
charles88

Of course he piss off at him when he says first one.So please tell me what fic you planning todo?If got OC what VF he gonna pilot?
charles88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 02:49   Link #69
magnuskn

The first sentence is a better turn of phrase, IMO.
Old 2010-10-24, 06:55   Link #70
John117xCortana

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles88 View Post
Of course he piss off at him when he says first one.So please tell me what fic you planning todo?If got OC what VF he gonna pilot?
Yes it has OCs in in. As for the VF. Well it's gonna be this.

It's something like a self insert but it would be written in third person like in most novels.

Already got the first few chapters ready. Still haven't posted them yet though.
Old 2010-10-24, 09:45   Link #71
charles88

How its capability compare with VF-25(all pack) and VF-27?Alsdo what type this VF like VF-25 is all purpose figther while VF-27 is superior/interceptor figther?

Also whats his role in your fic?
Old 2010-10-24, 10:00   Link #72
John117xCortana

Slow down man. Your words are all mixed up. I take it that English isn't your first language ?

The AVFX-02A Wyvren is based on the VF-5000. It's a multi role fighter just like the VF-25. But it's more versatile, it has more pack options. It's performance is superior than the VF-171 ( and the VF-171EX) but overall inferior than the VF-25. The VF-25 has more power than the AVFX-02A and would generally beat the Wyvren in most fights. Except in the atmosphere where the Wyvren has more agility than the Messiah.

His role ? Well it's not that simple to explain. He's not the only one that ended up in the Macross verse.
Old 2010-10-24, 14:19   Link #73
charles88

Sorry,i got too exicted to finally see real action Macross Frontier fic.Anyway im looking forward to see your fanfic release.

P.S
What your OC reletion with other Macross Frontier cast?
Old 2010-10-24, 19:39   Link #74
John117xCortana

With Mikhail, Luca, Ranka and Alto he would be good friends with them. Mikhail is a bit suspicious of the OC because his eyes and behaviour appear far older than his apparent age and his eye look like they have seen a lot of war. Which they have.

Sheryl on the other hand....well they keep slipping in between close friends and antagonists. Sheryl is not really comfortable with the OC because he seems to know a lot about her despite the fact they have never met. And the OC saying "They call you the Galactic Fairy ? You're more like the Queen Bitch of the Universe." in ep 1 didn't help thing either. Not to mention that Sheryl tried to blackmail the OC only for the OC to counter blackmail her.

Ozma and Cathy don't really trust the OC because he feels 'odd' to them.
Old 2010-10-24, 21:04   Link #75
charles88

When you gonna release your fic?Also is he league with Grace O(bitch) Connor or he actually secrect agent send bt NUNS?
Old 2010-10-27, 08:55   Link #76
John117xCortana

He's neither.

As for when, well I still need some chapters to do first.

BTW, what would be the best way to support the NUNS squadrons that were getting massacred by the Vajra in ep 1 without really revealing themselves ? Place snipers in the asteroid field and provide long range sniper support ?

Would a 120mm hybird coilgun gunpod be able to one shot a Red Vajra and shatter it ?
Old 2010-10-27, 09:32   Link #77
charles88

Yes using sniper is the best choice.Not sure about 120mm hybird coilgun could penetrate but if uts use anti Vajra armor warhead,i think can.

By the way at least post first 2 chapter.Also did OC has love intrest? If yes who?

Also are you gonna add VF-19 and VF-22 in your fic?

Please also list down all pack and its weapon of AVFX-02A Wyvren.If its has Armored pack,does it capable to transform when using Armored pack like VF-25.Also i like to see OC dogfigting Brera.

P.S
Do you watch Macross Frontier movie?
Old 2010-10-27, 10:09   Link #78
John117xCortana

The OC's love interest would be with another OC.

Early on they use upgraded VF-19s but they late upgraded to the Wyvrens because the VF-19s were obsolete. If I remember correctly the YF-24/VF-25 defeated several VF-19s in it's test.

AVFX-02A Wyvren

Unit type: multi-role advance variable fighter
Manufacturer: Martinez Industries Arsenal Development
Empty mass: 10400 kg
Powerplant type: MI/P&W/RR FF-4000AX Stage I plasma thermonuclear
reaction turbine engine x 2
Powerplant output: 160,200 kg each
Vernier thruster type: P&W VMM-3A/MUZV x 22
Design features: Prototype inertia store converter/dampener,
internal short range fold drive x 1, PBB system

Standard Armament:
Hervesh GU-25A 76mm Hybird coilgun assault gun pod x 1
Misriah BM-302 beam gun x 2 (Head/Turret Mounted
aft
Raketan PE-17A 20mm high-speed plasma gun x 2 ( internally mounted )
Salle AML-07A internal micro missile launcher x 4( 7 micro missiles in
each launchers, 28 total )
PBB knife x 2
Retractable PBB wrist blades x 2 ( can only be used in GERWALK or Battroid
modes )
Optional equipment:
Type A 'Aegir' FAST pack
Type B 'Sidewinder' FAST pack
Type C 'Juggernaut' FAST pack
Fold booster

Fighter mode:
Wingspan (fully extended): 16.00 meters
Wingspan (folded inwards): 8.00 meters
Overall length: 18.90 meters
Overall height (without landing gear): 4.03 meters
Standard atmospheric cruising speed at 10000 meters: Mach 4.9+ (up to Mach 7.8+)
Atmospheric ceiling: unlimited (capable of launching into satellite
orbit over Earth-class planet)
Maximum speed with alpha limiters off ( in atmoshpere ) Mach 25, not recommended

Battroid mode:
Overall height (with beam guns): 15.59 meters

Type A 'Aegir': Increases speed and manoevrability( both in space and
atmosphere), has 218 micro-missiles, 1 extra gunpod and 2 extra beam
cannons. good for an all-around setup to use. Likely the Aces would
use this. ( looks like a streamlined and less bulky version of the Armored pack )

Type B 'Sidewinder': Increases speed and manoevrability( both in space
and atmosphere), has 4+ of the small gatling pulse lasers for close-in
suppressive fire, 114 micro-missiles. The range on the
lasers would be very short, but due to the close range have VERY high
focal points - meaning that they'll burn through almost anything they
hit very rapidly. Also a larger anti-ballistic/energy shield as well.
A good dogfighter setup. ( looks like a more compact, streamlined and without the BFG turret Tornado pack )

Type C 'Juggernaut: Increases firepower and armor,2 heavy handheld
plasma cannons, 2 railguns ( like the ones on the Koenig Monster
except smaller ) on its shoulders, 2 particle gatling guns and several
missile pods along with the PPB shield. And it has a small fusion
reactor dedicated to the armaments. It decreases the VFs speed and
manoevrability though. Meant for long range artillery support. ( looks like an armored pack with the BFG turret of the Tornado pack on it. )
Old 2010-10-27, 14:27   Link #79
Lancel

I always imagined the VF-19 never got widespread adoption because it was more of an atmospheric fighter instead of a space fighter, that's why we got the VF-19F in Macross 7 as more of a space fighter design, although really the fact that they had to make some last minute design changes to make it more of a space fighter should be indicative that it wasn't really suited for that, even though it did pretty well compared to the VF-17. I also figure the VF-19 was expensive, which is probably why the VF-171s exist.

A VF-25 with Super Pack I imagine would flat out destroy a VF-19 in space. I'd still give the edge to the straight production version of Isamu's YF-19 (like the Fire Valkyrie) in an atmosphere, FASTs or no, although Hybrid pack seems to address the VF-25's weakness in an atmosphere. I still haven't exactly figured out if the VF-25 even has an internal missile bay. The only time a non-FAST VF-25 ever seems to fire a missile is when a couple fall on the Vajra in episode 1 from off-screen, the fact that Gilliam flies overhead immediately after suggests that he fired them, but from where?

Alright, probably diverging off topic. I'd say sniping is your best bet, perhaps some close range fighting with some Vajra that get split off from the main group, or intercepting Vajra reinforcements before they reach NUNS. Just make sure your snipers aren't using rounds with tracers like Mikhail's seems to have. Other than that NUNS has some difficulty with evasive maneuvers so hopefully those Vajra won't be changing direction toooo much. Even still, it's an asteroid field so you should be able to get relatively close if you have stealth systems to avoid NUNS detecting you. Other than that just keep the engine throttle down so you don't get the considerable exhaust plume like what you get on full throttle.

Actually, a better tactic would be to "hop" from asteroid to asteroid if you want to get closer. Give a tap of the throttle to throw the Valkyrie off of one rock toward another rock, and use inertia to cross the gap with silent running. Or even just push off the rock with the legs or arms in Battroid and climb over the rocks, then you won't need to use the engines at all. Just watch for stray shots and be ready to maneuver if one of the Vajra spot you, but you should have someone covering the guy moving with his own sniper rifle, so if any Vajra gets close to the guy running silent, blam.
Lancel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 20:28   Link #80
John117xCortana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancel View Post
I always imagined the VF-19 never got widespread adoption because it was more of an atmospheric fighter instead of a space fighter, that's why we got the VF-19F in Macross 7 as more of a space fighter design, although really the fact that they had to make some last minute design changes to make it more of a space fighter should be indicative that it wasn't really suited for that, even though it did pretty well compared to the VF-17. I also figure the VF-19 was expensive, which is probably why the VF-171s exist.
From the Macross Conpendium it said that the YF-24 in simulated air combat where 3 prototypes participated, it defeated 12 VF-19s and VF-22s and 6 air-to-air specification QF-4000s. Then, in a simulated attack was devised by the space mobile fleet designating a large-sized space aircraft carrier as the central target, a single fighter folded in and made a direct hit to the bridge of the aircraft carrier with a simulated reaction warhead. As a result, the plan for deployment and adoption of the YF-24 Evolution was approved.

Quote:
A VF-25 with Super Pack I imagine would flat out destroy a VF-19 in space. I'd still give the edge to the straight production version of Isamu's YF-19 (like the Fire Valkyrie) in an atmosphere, FASTs or no, although Hybrid pack seems to address the VF-25's weakness in an atmosphere. I still haven't exactly figured out if the VF-25 even has an internal missile bay. The only time a non-FAST VF-25 ever seems to fire a missile is when a couple fall on the Vajra in episode 1 from off-screen, the fact that Gilliam flies overhead immediately after suggests that he fired them, but from where?
I think they would either be in the legs or in the sides under the wings.

Quote:
Alright, probably diverging off topic. I'd say sniping is your best bet, perhaps some close range fighting with some Vajra that get split off from the main group, or intercepting Vajra reinforcements before they reach NUNS. Just make sure your snipers aren't using rounds with tracers like Mikhail's seems to have. Other than that NUNS has some difficulty with evasive maneuvers so hopefully those Vajra won't be changing direction toooo much. Even still, it's an asteroid field so you should be able to get relatively close if you have stealth systems to avoid NUNS detecting you. Other than that just keep the engine throttle down so you don't get the considerable exhaust plume like what you get on full throttle.
Would a 120mm hybird coilgun round ( it uses the traditional shell in casing but as the shell travels along the barrel the magnetic coils in the barrel accelerates the shell even faster as it travels down the barrel ) be overkill against the Yellow and Red type Vajras ?

Quote:
Actually, a better tactic would be to "hop" from asteroid to asteroid if you want to get closer. Give a tap of the throttle to throw the Valkyrie off of one rock toward another rock, and use inertia to cross the gap with silent running. Or even just push off the rock with the legs or arms in Battroid and climb over the rocks, then you won't need to use the engines at all. Just watch for stray shots and be ready to maneuver if one of the Vajra spot you, but you should have someone covering the guy moving with his own sniper rifle, so if any Vajra gets close to the guy running silent, blam.
You mean like having a sniper and a spotter ( in this case a Stealth Wyvren equipped with an Electronic Warfare pack ) beside the sniper tp increase combat effectiveness and the sniper's accuracy?

How would the NUNS and SMS react when they see Vajra getting take out all of nowhere ?