AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

View Poll Results: Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren - Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 1 3.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 6 20.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 40.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 16.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 6.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 13.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-30, 09:38   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren - Overall Series Impressions & Total Series Rating

This thread is to be used for discussing the entire episodes of Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren... your thoughts about the show, overall impressions, expectations and hopes about Blu-Ray/DVD-exclusive footage etc.

A few subjects you might want to ramble on about:
  • General impression of the series.
  • Opinions on the overall story, writing & plot devices.
  • Thoughts about the animation quality.
  • Characters/Character Design
  • Voice Acting
  • Which kind of footage (Blu-Ray/DVD-exclusive) you feel you'd really like to see.
  • What the show meant to you.
  • What could the creators/animators/writers have done better.

And so on.

The poll represents your total series rating. In other words, how you would rate all the episodes combined (1-10)? If you'd rather rate the whole series by technical/artistic merits, you can do so. An example:

Animation Quality: 1-10
Voice Actors: 1-10
Script: 1-10
Soundtrack: 1-10
Editing: 1-10
Enjoyment: 1-10
Emotional Involvement: 1-10

Average = Total Series Rating

Or a combination of the two. Or your general gut feeling.

Feel free to discuss and more importantly, have fun
Old 2014-03-31, 06:20   Link #2
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

I enjoyed the second season quite a bit more compared to the first, mostly because it had a greater SoL aspect. Didn't really like the drama at the end of first season, but in this season Satone's plot wasn't nearly as intrusive, so I could enjoy just watching the characters being themselves much more. Rikka (and other people)'s chuunibyou are as awesome as always, of course.
Old 2014-03-31, 10:07   Link #3
SeanJD

This season was very good which I gave an 8/10 because I enjoy seeing the characters once again and I felt really happy and yet sad at the same time that it's finally over. I had wanted to see Shichimiya animated and she same the exact expression just like in the light novel as well. Yuuta and Rikka have both come a long way from knowing each other to the point of dating and so on and so forth. Nibutani had changed quite a lot from S1 to S2 and I don't see her that much as a sadistic kind of girl and Dekomori hasn't changed a bit with her usual tactics of finding ways to make Nibutani's life as a living hell with her. Kumin didn't really have that much going on but she did have that siesta episode which I had no idea that napping competitions even existed. Back on topic, I really did like the series and it feels so refreshing watching an enjoyable anime that I could say was one of my favorites despite what others may say.
Old 2014-04-01, 01:45   Link #4
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
10 / 10
CHIHIROOO XD
Too bad Satone-chwan didn't get her happily ever after. I'd totally make her my waifu.
Old 2014-04-01, 08:32   Link #5
Zeydra
A random passerby

After finishing the series I have to say I honestly liked it as much if not slightly more than the first season. While it was glacial in its pacing to the point nothing honestly really happened I was perfectly fine with that, it continued to be a highly enjoyable and cheerful comedy to look forward to each weak with an endearing and likable cast of characters.

Despite the almost non-existence of a major plot what there was I liked the way it was handled. Shichimiya didn't go where I feared it would in to some over the top melodramatic contest over Yuuta, instead going with a friendly pseudo rivalry that ended with resolving her own issues rather than a melodramatic attempt to snatch Yuuta despite it being plain as day that he and rikka will always be the couple of the series.

That said given it was the only real overarching plot besides the stalker subplot I would have liked to see a bit more time given to Shichimiya, perhaps with another episode focused more on her than the rest of the gang akin to episode 10, it would have only strengthened my interest in the plotline and Shichimiya as a character.

Overall I'd give the series a 8.5, rounded up to a 9 because I just personally really enjoyed it. Despite its rather large flaws it did more right for me than it did wrong, and I hope for a third series, although I won't expect one.
Old 2014-04-02, 03:21   Link #6
teja208
Critical fanboy

I gave this an 8/10.

Pros:
- Awesome battle scenes
- Some very outstanding episodes: 2, 3, 4, and 7.
- Sophia's characterization is very faithful and might even be considered an improvement from her novel counterpart IMO.
- Some romantic progression from both YuutaxRikka and ShinkxDeko.

Cons:
- Anime writer sometime rely on cliche situations (actually same could be said for some of the novel events so it's not much of an improvement): examples

Spoiler for Episode 5, 8, and 12:

- Trying too hard to keep the status qua perhaps out of fear that it may diverge too much from the novel storyline.

Spoiler for Episode 4:

EDIT: For the point above, I feel like I had to explaining my reasoning a little.

Spoiler for More about episode 4:

- Some characters need more expansion.
  • I want to know more about Kumin like her family and where she live. Something other then her talent for sleeping and cracking lame puns.
  • Ishiki is a total buttmonkey in the anime and took a nosedive in s2. His novel counterpart is much much of a better bro to Yuuta.
  • Stalker-chan: I think she could be a better character if she had other motives beside the one she had in her breakout character episode.
  • And last but not least, I want more Kazari and her love advice.

Last edited by teja208; 2014-04-02 at 06:03.
Old 2014-04-12, 23:47   Link #7
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

For me Chuunibyou was about a character who tried to deny the past own history of 8th grade disease, while the heroines along with her antics constantly tried to revoke the main character's denial toward Chuunibyou. That follows by lots of hurdle, and a vertain love rival, but it seems their true love is on the progress to overcome them all.

And while the audiences can't wait to see a faster progression in their relationship, KyoAni has took a snail approach, and keep copping out at affection gestures just to keep the audiences hanging over the nature of the couple's relationship.....

.... well, at least they lock-lipped during Christmas episode. So hope more of that to come in S3, if it's ever coming. My gaydar is patiently waiting

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2014-04-13 at 00:03.
Old 2014-04-20, 18:14   Link #8
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
For me Chuunibyou was about a character [...]
.... well, at least they lock-lipped during Christmas episode.
Images
I see what you did there.
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2015-03-03, 21:30   Link #9
NovaControl

I enjoyed both seasons I just think there is only 1 perfect anime to me. That anime is "White Album 2". I loved the art, music and everything about this anime.
Closed Thread