AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > sola

Notices

View Poll Results: Sola - DVD Special 1 rating
Perfect 10 12 24.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 24.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 32.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 12.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 4.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.00%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-13, 14:50   Link #21
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Not a bad episode overall, but nothing that great either. I also feel that Yorito was being OOC somewhat in the start ... can't exactly picture him being as 'cold' towards Matsuri as he was in the start.

Other than that not much to say, besides me being disappointed with the lack of Matsuri screentime. Hu well. ... some harmless fun i guess.
Old 2007-10-14, 16:17   Link #22
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well thought it was a good relaxing episode.

Winning that spa trip really was bad luck for Takeshi at the end. The tissue would've been so much better. . Was pretty fun to see more Takeshi and Mayuko interactions. Such as the part of taking a shot at her with calling her selfish, though she certainly got the last laugh in the end. Was interesting though to see those two interacting with a group like that. Though at the end the father and daughter story wasn't completely believed. Still how he got her in there had me curious, maybe in a box then let her out once inside.

Found it surprising that Koyori managed to avoid getting knocked on the head by Mana. Guess being in public kept her safe this time. But was prepared each time for some kind of reaction.

Not a lot of screen time for Matsuri and Aono. Though we did get some posing from Aono and the end was fun. Going with the dying music again during that awkward moment.
Old 2007-10-14, 23:46   Link #23
Neaco
*Graphic Designer

Just watched this. Takeshi and Mayuko were too funny. The expression he made at the end just came out of nowhere; no surprise he got kicked^^

And Koyori got spared from "demon sister" Mana for once... yay
Old 2007-10-15, 07:47   Link #24
Juggercaut
Unhappy Animal

Send a message via ICQ to Juggercaut Send a message via MSN to Juggercaut
I was quite pleased with this episode, and well, I'm not sure if there will be another(s) one(s), but certainly I hope so.

Spoiler for About the time the ep was placed...:
Old 2007-10-15, 09:48   Link #25
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well can't entirely blame Takeshi for going for the CPR. After all is a girl he liked before her 'death' and doubt those feelings were lost over time. Was probably as good an excuse as any for him.

Wouldn't mind them if they are going to have more in the future. To spend some time with Takeshi and Mayuko on things like their journey before the series started (where a guy who could barely afford a birthday present gets living money). But guess they felt it was important to get the series a spa episode .
Old 2007-10-17, 05:42   Link #26
bismuth

A nice episode. I'm reacquainted with the sola characters, remembering how cute they are especially Koyori. I guess that no anime series of this genre is complete without an episode showing girls in a bathing suit.

While this episode is nice and fun, it reveals no additional information about characters apart from what we already knew.

Oh yes, there should have been more Yorito & Matsuri interaction!
Old 2007-10-17, 18:10   Link #27
Telliamed
sensei no pet

Quote:
Originally Posted by bismuth View Post
Oh yes, there should have been more Matsuri!
Fixed.

I was shocked that Koyori said "Mana-san" twice without getting chopped. I suppose her onee-chan decided to try being nice for one day. (As a welcome-back-from-the-hospital gift). But then she gets criticized because it appears she makes Koyori be formal.

Curious, though, that this is the first time they've met Koyori.
Old 2007-10-18, 19:40   Link #28
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Thumbs up

I literally laughed until it hurt for the most of this episode.

Geez it really did make me miss this show though an enormous amount. Well I should say it made me miss the little slow moments like the stuff sprinkled throughout this one. Didn't much care for any of the fighting that happened later on...

Either way fabulous episode that made me laugh like crazy...Easy 10.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2007-10-19, 02:42   Link #29
stonedzombie
またね

Send a message via AIM to stonedzombie
keep in mind guys, theres still one more ep coming.
Old 2007-10-19, 11:51   Link #30
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Another Route

This was an extremely exhilarating and cute episode. From the gathered facts of the exchanging dialogue between Yorito and Takeshi, and Yoritos' memories about meeting with Mayuko I presume that the first DVD-episode takes place between episodes 3 to 4; Aono's still in the hospital.

Gosh, I forgot how devious but kawaii Matsuri could be at teasing Yorito that she's her guardian of sorts or at the bath teasing him with perverted thoughts.

But the one who blow the roof was Chisato with her unhealthy obsession to hug kawaii things like Koyori in swimsuit or attempting to suffocate with love poor Mayuko in the hot spring.

Sae's freaked imagination about interpreting things going along between Mayuko and Takeshi was a welcoming refreshment.

And saving the best for the very end of the episode, the animators did not forget that Aono's a girl after all, and Yorito's face became priceless when he unexpectedly came into her room and behold his nee-sama in full swimsuit glory just as she blushed.
Old 2007-10-21, 01:13   Link #31
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

I never, ever needed to see Takeshi in DTs. Ever. I must erase that from my memory by banging my head against a wall, pronto.

*Bang* *Bang* *Bang*

Ok, good, all gone.

Fanservice episode. Rather pointless overall. The character interactions were really awkward as well. I think I'll forget this pretty quickly, but I have just been banging my head against a wall, afterall.
Old 2007-10-22, 01:41   Link #32
Anime Hate Machine

Very nice reminder of the episodes before sola started to suck.

Aono's blushing was very amusing.

Matsuri's teasing was excellent.

Sae's theories were great.

This episode was everything I liked about sola, and also some fan service. Overall, an eight.
Old 2007-12-26, 00:09   Link #33
Generic Asian Guy
^_^

Send a message via MSN to Generic Asian Guy
I love Aono

Spoiler:
Old 2007-12-30, 20:43   Link #34
Kresnik
Anti-Hero

Will we ever find out the reason behind Koyori calling Mana, Mana-san and making her french toast sweeter than it should be?
Closed Thread