AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Sword Art Online - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 101 43.35%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 62 26.61%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 43 18.45%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 7.30%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 1.72%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.29%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.29%
Voters: 233. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-07-08, 16:31   Link #341
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
Very nice episode, but I still wished the main character to look a bit more mature.
He's only 14.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 16:55   Link #342
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
He's only 14.
People have too much Final Fantasy mentality nowadays..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkatron View Post
I'm pretty sure the UN would want to have a word with that creator. Also any of the NerveGear exported to other countries would become banned and go for mad money on the black market.
True, unless a safer alternative is created.
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 17:04   Link #343
lightsenshi
Author

One word: Creepy....
Old 2012-07-08, 17:07   Link #344
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmm.... View Post
Well, I believe there should be a use for such powerful microwave emitter in nervegear. We just don't know it yet. Not to fly user's brain of cause as no sane person would program nervegear to fly his own customer's brain. The same can be said with no sane person would drop toaster plugged into bathtub. No sane person would runover someone else with a car. We don't really need Jet engine to runover someone would we ? And until we invent a 5 volt toaster, dropping it into bathtub will alway fatal.
But you'd have to be a dumbass to put a plugged toaster where it might fall into a bathtub. (Also, I think mythbuster did it... and it wasn't invariably fatal.)

The car thing isn't a matter of sanity. A normal car with a jet engine isn't controllable anymore. All it takes at this point is a tiny mistake. You'd need to add a lot of feature to make it usable, let alone safe. As safe as cars ever are.

And no, there's just no freaking use for brain fryers. It uses the microwaves to interact with the brain. It's all a NervGear's supposed to do. Fair enough. But the difference in power between "can be used for hours on end without damage" and "insta-fry" is huge. And there's no reason for a small dysfunction to be able to allow the latter to happen.

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2012-07-08 at 17:25.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 17:38   Link #345
gunzblitz

Discussions Discussions...

Let's try to steer the discussion.

So! Anyway, this book was shown in EP1. Anybody knows what it means?
Spoiler for Image:
gunzblitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 17:44   Link #346
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
And no, there's just no freaking use for brain fryers. It uses the microwaves to interact with the brain. It's all a NervGear's supposed to do. Fair enough. But the difference in power between "can be used for hours on end without damage" and "insta-fry" is huge. And there's no reason for a small dysfunction to be able to allow the latter to happen.
Eh, not sure if you realize this, but it doesn't take much to fry your brain cells. The NervGear doesn't need to cook your brain like a microwave oven cooking a frozen dinner. All it needs to do is to increase your brain temperature by a few degrees to start causing damage, and not much more to 'cause immediate and irreversible damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunzblitz View Post
Discussions Discussions...

Let's try to steer the discussion.

So! Anyway, this book was shown in EP1. Anybody knows what it means?
Spoiler for Image:
Those are books written by/about Kayaba.

first book on the right is titled "The Man Who Created NervGear", the one in the middle is "New Star in the Game World - About Kayaba Akihiko"
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 17:47   Link #347
gunzblitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
Those are books written by/about Kayaba.

first book on the right is titled "The Man Who Created NervGear", the one in the middle is "New Star in the Game World - About Kayaba Akihiko"
Ah I see. Too bad.

I thought it would show the non-novel reader a hint about Kayaba's level of knowledge or something, since people have been saying do this to nervegear and do that to nervegear.
Old 2012-07-08, 17:56   Link #348
Hmm....

Quote:
But you'd have to be a dumbass to put a plugged toaster where it might fall into a bathtub. (Also, I think mythbuster did it... and it wasn't invariably fatal.)

The car thing isn't a matter of sanity. A normal car with a jet engine isn't controllable anymore. All it takes at this point is a tiny mistake. You'd need to add a lot of feature to make it usable, let alone safe. As safe as cars ever are.

I do agree that toaster example is a bad one. It's just there so I put it together
What I and original poster tried to say is many object around us is fatal if use incorrectly whether accidentally or intentionally.
Car is the best example. Millions people around the world die from car accident every year (not that I know exact number) but we still drive it.

If Kayaba were to be car inventor, he has no need to rigged jet engine into a car.
He only need to tamper with brake make you drive non stop at 150 km/h which I'm sure any normal engine is capable of.
(perhap an uncontrolable cruise mode ?) There you have it, sooner or later, one death driver.

As for NerveGear's BrainFryer, since NerveGear've never been invented yet.
We have no way to know how strong a microwave signal need not only to communicate with brain
but to intercept and prevent any signal sent by brain to go beyond our spine as well.
(How will it work exactly ^^")
I would imagine it require quite a stong one. Perhap not enough to "insta-fry".
but I can see it easily make us paralyse or stop heart/lung function.
Hmm.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 18:03   Link #349
gunzblitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmm.... View Post
As for NerveGear's BrainFryer, since NerveGear've never been invented yet.
We have no way to know how strong a microwave signal need not only to communicate with brain
but to intercept and prevent any signal sent by brain to go beyond our spine as well.
(How will it work exactly ^^")
I would imagine it require quite a stong one. Perhap not enough to "insta-fry".
but I can see it easily make us paralyse or stop heart/lung function.
If I remember correctly, the brain would be overstimulated at a certain range.

I think it was in mili or nano digits, but either way, an implanted electrode on the brain emitting more than that would overstimulate the brain (and, for example, you'll get seizures or something).

I forgot the exact details, but I'll try to re-read later about Dobelle's documentation of work in visual prosthesis.
Old 2012-07-08, 18:35   Link #350
prototype_sky

Why make a virtual world realistic, that totally defeats the whole purpose.
Well this game makes for the greatest buyers remorse ever.
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 18:43   Link #351
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:

Lol as the poster above pointed out the toaster example is a bad one but I was trying to think of one on the spot .

What I was generally trying to say is that there are tons of devices around us that are capable of causing us harm, but they have supposed safety in places to prevent this. My example with the car was showing how something got past even testing, there wasn't even any tampering that caused it (At least I hope not ). Seeing this it's probably not so hard to conceive that he could hide a feature in the game as it got shipped, especially considering it had a beta in which things worked fine.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 19:11   Link #352
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
God, they made a game that has a high life threatening risk? and its accessible to the youth?! Anyway... the first episode was very promising... hmmm... 100 levels? How long will this anime be? 100+?
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 19:21   Link #353
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
God, they made a game that has a high life threatening risk? and its accessible to the youth?! Anyway... the first episode was very promising... hmmm... 100 levels? How long will this anime be? 100+?
Hah. The fans wish.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 19:25   Link #354
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Hah. The fans wish.
Now, now. 100 episodes would just be a tad too much.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 19:30   Link #355
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Now, now. 100 episodes would just be a tad too much.
Depends on how much Asuna and Co. (female ones) are there in the 100 episodes....
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 19:36   Link #356
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

I'm really digging this series so far. Hopefully it won't go the way of .Hack/Sign and get boring.
KleenexGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 19:37   Link #357
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
I'm really digging this series so far. Hopefully it won't go the way of .Hack/Sign and get boring.
Don't remind of the ending.....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 20:54   Link #358
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Don't remind of the ending.....
I dropped the show before it even got to the ending. It was that boring.
KleenexGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 20:58   Link #359
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Very good first episode. LOL at the guys using girl characters. And from the OP, I think we'll have a fun series with some good action. Can't wait to meet the heroine too.

I wonder if the game company will pay for IV's for each player, lol.

Suspending the disbelief that game hardware with a microwave can be produced and sold is required, however.
Old 2012-07-08, 21:11   Link #360
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

OMG, just starting to watch it. The visuals -eyegasms- tbc...
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sci-fi, shonen