AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-11-07, 18:45   Link #501
PzIVf3

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Lori was no more stupid or unrealistic than any of the other characters, especially judging by their actions last season (no one survived Season 2 unscathed). I don't doubt that fans dislike her, I just think their dislike is generally misplaced.

And, I do understand cutting your loses, I just feel Lori deserved a chance to clear the air before she was sent off.

Spoiler for episode spoilers...:
Spoiler for spoiler:
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 18:59   Link #502
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:

It's been three days, I guess spoilers tags are now a little irrelevant...

Last edited by james0246; 2012-11-07 at 19:42.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 19:09   Link #503
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset View Post
Three black characters rule is in full effect.
this truly was a swap one black guy for another heck of a tv moment.

Glad lorie was killed off, I mean any person who is the only person in the world driving and still manages to crash deserves to be dead.
Old 2012-11-07, 19:41   Link #504
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizoku Keenan View Post
this truly was a swap one black guy for another heck of a tv moment.

Glad lorie was killed off, I mean any person who is the only person in the world driving and still manages to crash deserves to be dead.
LOL, I'll give you that one . It was easily one of the sillier moments of Season 2.
Old 2012-11-08, 06:46   Link #505
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Lori was no more stupid or unrealistic than any of the other characters, especially judging by their actions last season (no one survived Season 2 unscathed). I don't doubt that fans dislike her, I just think their dislike is generally misplaced.

And, I do understand cutting your loses, I just feel Lori deserved a chance to clear the air before she was sent off.
She was the most inconsistently written character by far. Especially when it came to the entire love triangle involving Rick and Shane. I don't think you're giving people enough credit when there is a consensus opinion that she was a terrible character. I don't see why they would randomly hate one character more than anyone else unless she was just written poorly. Perhaps you would like to explain why people have misplaced hate towards her compared to other characters on the show.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 16:08   Link #506
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Finally got caught up with the last two episodes. Very awesome. Heard an interview with IronE Singleton on the radio this morning describing how he found out he was about to be axed. He received a phone call from (I forget his name, but he's important to the show's production), but wasn't left a message. IronE played phone tag with the Important Guy, but finally managed to connect with him.

Important Guy: Hi Mr. Singleton.
IronE: Hello.
Important Guy: Well, it's been a pleasure having you on the show, but....
IronE: Nooooo!

Endless "Axed" Soul
Old 2012-11-08, 16:23   Link #507
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
She was the most inconsistently written character by far. Especially when it came to the entire love triangle involving Rick and Shane. I don't think you're giving people enough credit when there is a consensus opinion that she was a terrible character.
If she was a "terrible character" then the writers should have tried to fix her, or at least redeem her...as I've said the entire time .

You seem to think I do not understand that she was badly written at times (Andrea is worse in my opinion), but I do understand. Rather, I am saying that the writers of the show should have tried to let her have her redemptive moment rather than simply gutting her and then popping her in the head. And, what's worse, there was set-up for a redemptive moment - saving Herschel and her 2 conversations with Rick chief among them; but we get nothing but a wonderfully gruesome scene and plenty of angsty drama later on. Frankly, right now it seems her main purpose this season is to be a breeding cow, and I find that far worse than the silly love triangle or driving her car off the side of the road (amongst other stupid things she has done).
Old 2012-11-08, 20:53   Link #508
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
If she was a "terrible character" then the writers should have tried to fix her, or at least redeem her...as I've said the entire time .

You seem to think I do not understand that she was badly written at times (Andrea is worse in my opinion), but I do understand. Rather, I am saying that the writers of the show should have tried to let her have her redemptive moment rather than simply gutting her and then popping her in the head. And, what's worse, there was set-up for a redemptive moment - saving Herschel and her 2 conversations with Rick chief among them; but we get nothing but a wonderfully gruesome scene and plenty of angsty drama later on. Frankly, right now it seems her main purpose this season is to be a breeding cow, and I find that far worse than the silly love triangle or driving her car off the side of the road (amongst other stupid things she has done).
Well, this wouldn't be the first time a character has gotten the axe in a show because they were unpopular and/or their character just wasn't going anywhere. Sometimes getting rid of a character is a better solution than trying to repair damaged goods.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 21:03   Link #509
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Well, this wouldn't be the first time a character has gotten the axe in a show because they were unpopular and/or their character just wasn't going anywhere. Sometimes getting rid of a character is a better solution than trying to repair damaged goods.
I'm not saying Walking Dead is unique for getting rid of characters based on popular opinion or simple desire (Lost, for example, was notorious for killing characters based on stupid reasons), but that doesn't excuse the process though, which is ultimately bad writing.

Edit: that's not to say the scene we do have isn't one of the most emotuonally powerful in the series. In fact, besides Shane's Barnyard escapades there hasn't been a more powerful and emotional sequence. I just wish there was more...

Last edited by james0246; 2012-11-10 at 00:43.
Old 2012-11-10, 00:32   Link #510
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i'm very sad T-Dog died. but if Daryl dies, i'm sure half the people would stop watching the show. myself included. but man, Rick's acting was amazing at the end of the episode.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 17:35   Link #511
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

Totally agree if Daryl dies I'd stop watching, he's such a badass that one.
Old 2012-11-12, 05:09   Link #512
PzIVf3

Spoiler for Episode 5:
Old 2012-11-12, 08:18   Link #513
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:

It's been three days, I guess spoilers tags are now a little irrelevant...
Not to mention the stuffed zombie with long black hair on its lips.

Carol was practicing to open the womb, not stitch it up and all that HEAVILY MEDICAL SUPPLY NEEDED TO SAVE THE WOMAN!
Old 2012-11-13, 00:24   Link #514
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

yeah, wait a sec. did that zombie eat her? all of her? i didn't even notice the hair the first time..

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2012-11-13, 08:14   Link #515
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
yeah, wait a sec. did that zombie eat her? all of her? i didn't even notice the hair the first time..
Yea even the guy who directed that episode said so and pointed out the hair.
Old 2012-11-13, 09:35   Link #516
james0246

Yep, bitch got ate...which begs the question of why they actually dug up three graves. Oh well, between Andrea's and now Rick's crazy, Carol's weird absence, Carl getting some special healing from Beth, Michonne busting the intensity'o'meter, and the Governor brushing his dead daughters hair - this episode was ba nay nay, and I loved it . There's only 3 more episode before the mid-season finale, and everything is starting to fall into place. 80/100.
Old 2012-11-13, 14:08   Link #517
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Yep, bitch got ate...which begs the question of why they actually dug up three graves.
I think the graves are just meant to be symbolic, hence why they had them immediately filled back in. I doubt they ever expected to be able to recover any of the bodies from the walker infested areas of the prison.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 21:14   Link #518
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

also, what's with the list of girls' names in the governor's book? were they all replacements?

Old 2012-11-14, 22:18   Link #519
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
also, what's with the list of girls' names in the governor's book? were they all replacements?
People that wanted to leave i'm guessing.
Old 2012-11-14, 22:34   Link #520
PzIVf3

A fish tank filled with zombie head.
List of names and marks notebook. I think these people in the list are the successful test stage.
Survivor people. I think there are guinea pigs for parts.

Answer.
Frankenstein?

Tags
zombie apocalypse, zombies