AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On! - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 25 20.49%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 31.97%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 19.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 22 18.03%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 4.92%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 3.28%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.82%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.82%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-15, 07:00   Link #21
TCman

Another great episode of K-On!

The wish of Ui for a white Christmas and Yui's fulfillment of her sister's wish is so sweet and cute. Mio is super cute in her red Kimono.

Is it true (or not) that female teachers (in Japan) are always having difficulties when it comes to getting a boyfriend/ getting married in real life? In anime/manga it's a very common thing (+ drinking habit): in Tora Dora, Azumanga, Lucky Star etc..
Old 2009-05-15, 07:23   Link #22
Serffix

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCman View Post
Is it true (or not) that female teachers (in Japan) are always having difficulties when it comes to getting a boyfriend/ getting married in real life? In anime/manga it's a very common thing (+ drinking habit): in Tora Dora, Azumanga, Lucky Star etc..
I believe it has more something to do with the fact that most of the time the only adults we get to see in an anime/manga are teachers, even the parents get left out a lot. And in order to present them in a "funny" light, they are kind of portrayed as "social failures".
Old 2009-05-15, 08:04   Link #23
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Spoiler for WARNING: EXTREME MOE CONTENT:

I love these kind of episodes that are pure fun yet also show different things about some of the characters. This and episode 4 are my favorites for this series so far.

High points:

Spoiler for Episode 7:

I give this ep a 9/10 for being totally fun and enjoyable while also yet again proving just how awesome Yui is. Apparently it runs in the family since Ui is also awesome in her own way.
Old 2009-05-15, 08:33   Link #24
RhapsodyInBlue
lolwut?

Is there a fashion designer working in KyoAni? I mean, the casual clothes of the girls are so moe especially the one Mio wears... Oh wait. Mio is always moe in whatever costumes she wears.

I hope Santa Mio visits me this Christmas.
Old 2009-05-15, 08:33   Link #25
Sixth
Hu Tao

Yui steal the show in this week for me.

She is just too cute and I like how she always doing her idle mode (Black and White Eye with Frozen Smile)..

and Mugi is the one who actually enjoy the Christmas to the fullest...

and what happen tot he gentle Sawako that I used to know?

and again, airhead = awesome. It literally broke Sawako for couple of times.

Mio got raped...
Old 2009-05-15, 08:53   Link #26
Emerald Emblem
Casual gaming

The Sweet Sawako Sensei we knew has gone, gone forever. I did get quite a few laughs from how she reacted to Yui's comments. Yui while not as moe, the outfit Sawako made her and Mio wear I thought really suited her.

Mugi shows again she is such a caring considerate person, I thought it sweet that the party was the best Christmas party she had ever been too and she gave a up a trip to Hawaii so she could get a game they could play at the party.

Ritsu's teasing of Mio was quite funny especially when searching for gifts. You know she is the character who likes things to be as abnormal and fun as possible which is quite an appeal

Mio again showed no-one can wear outfits and look so moe while doing so than she is with her shyness. Quite a nice wardrobe she wore in this episode as well.

Current Anime DVD: Kannagi + Clannad AS <3 | Current Anime Blu Ray: None </3
Old 2009-05-15, 09:01   Link #27
sinner0

Forget Mio, I want to marry Ui-chan too.

Nice episode. A good stress reliever for me after a stressful day. This episode basically made my day. I will give it 9 out of 10.

If they omit the lottery part and spend more time on New Year part, I will give it a perfect score.

Last edited by sinner0; 2009-05-15 at 10:26.
Old 2009-05-15, 09:03   Link #28
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
does this mean sawako-sensei is a cosplay (fetish ) expert?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2009-05-15, 09:04   Link #29
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhapsodyInBlue View Post
Is there a fashion designer working in KyoAni? I mean, the casual clothes of the girls are so moe especially the one Mio wears... Oh wait. Mio is always moe in whatever costumes she wears.
It's not just this series, just about every KyoAni series I've watched in recent years has gone to great lengths to create varied wardrobes for the characters, which I must say is something I appreciate. I've long since gotten sick of series where the characters wear the same clothes in every single episode.
Old 2009-05-15, 09:57   Link #30
Chant
Inactive Member

So high moe level. I'm glad I'm alive. ;__;

Also, a very cute episode of Yui & Ui.

Spoiler for Preview:
Old 2009-05-15, 10:25   Link #31
stubby42

I really loved this episode, it was alot more like the first two in that we werent forced to like anyone it was nice, relaxed and genuinely funny.

I'm also with Ritsu, can I marry Ui? shes awesome I'd put her up there as one of my favourite characters in the show.

I do have one slight gripe with the episode and I cant believe I'm saying this because normally I hate it when people use this phrase but...

The scene at the temple was funnier in the manga

Spoiler for temple scene:
Old 2009-05-15, 10:44   Link #32
arkxkra
全力全開

Now I know why Ui love her sister so much, really a good pair of sister.
and Mio in Kimono is real real awesome!!!
Old 2009-05-15, 10:44   Link #33
Fran~
floating away...

ahhh... they skipped Mugi in Kimono!!!...
Old 2009-05-15, 11:35   Link #34
RhapsodyInBlue
lolwut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJLowrider View Post
It's not just this series, just about every KyoAni series I've watched in recent years has gone to great lengths to create varied wardrobes for the characters, which I must say is something I appreciate. I've long since gotten sick of series where the characters wear the same clothes in every single episode.
Agreed. That's one of the reasons why KyoAni is my most favorite studio. They really put the extra effort in their work.

Now, I want a fashion show of characters from KyoAni shows.
Old 2009-05-15, 11:46   Link #35
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Episode 7 article is up:

[RIUVA] K-ON!, Episode 7

They're rushing the pace a bit too much here. Also, I can't help but feel sad at how badly Sawa-chan sensei gets the short end of the stick; she wasn't this desperate even in the manga. 7/10.
Old 2009-05-15, 11:47   Link #36
Hyperion
Black Lagoon Social Club

Sawa-chan...I must marry her NAO!!!!!
Old 2009-05-15, 12:04   Link #37
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
Sawa-chan...I must marry her NAO!!!!!
How lucky... Sawa-chan is as single as Yuri-chan (from toradora), Nanako sensei (from Lucky Star), Yukari-chan and Nyamo (from Azumanga), etc...

They can make a club of "lonely single women".
Old 2009-05-15, 12:08   Link #38
Takuto19
Yarrrr

Ah i always love the Christmas episodes, obviously there not as good in the spring heh, but i loved it none the less.

I love Mio even more now

Last edited by Takuto19; 2009-05-15 at 12:49.
Old 2009-05-15, 12:37   Link #39
hai_san

Best things in this episode:

Small Yui and Ai
Mio in Santa and Kimono
Ui please let me marry her!
Old 2009-05-15, 12:44   Link #40
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

So much nice and mushy sisterly love between Yui and Ui. Makes you feel warm inside as well.

Probably passed down from their lovey-dovey parents, last seen outside Berlin's Brandenburg Gate. (Just what do they do for a living anyway? )

LOL at Sawa-chan "raping" poor Mio with her cosplays again. Mio looks perfect in her kimono, good job Ritsu, for tricking her into wearing that.

Amazed at Yui's ability at not getting fat no matter how much she eats, Mugi's incredulous reaction at Yui's claim, while surprising, is understandably expected. (Both she and Mio were later lamenting at how much weight they've gained over the holidays. )

All in all, a very relaxing "transitional" episode after last week's "climax". It's near my bedtime and I can afford to half turn off my brain and not miss anything fun. (This is meant as a compliment. )

Spoiler for Elaboration concerning relaxing shows:

LMAO at the Chicken costume in the preview. And it seems like it'll be a new school term as Ui is seen wearing the Sakura-kou uniform while being greeted by the K-On Maid Cafe. New school term means recruiting new band members, no?
Closed Thread