AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

Old 2011-09-22, 19:36   Link #561
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Agree, his manga counterpart is the most intimidating one...
Kodaka also supposed to look scariest when he smile but his smile on the OVA is pretty normal. But then again it's just his dream, he could be anything he wants XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
Other than that, Yozora still sounds weird (I will get use to it eventually...), Kobato not quite Chuu-ni enough yet...oh well, but then, each girls only have what? 10 lines? I guess I'll have to wait for Meat to start playing eroge...(On the other hand, though, Itou Kanae sounds weird as Meat also...)
You could always listen to the Drama CD to start getting use to their voice. There's a subbed one
Old 2011-09-22, 20:04   Link #562
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
For quick comparison:
Spoiler for img; non-spoiler:

Now how he looks on the bottom-left is how he should look most of the time. Instead, he looks like the top-right, which doesn't make him seem like a delinquent at all, esp how non-slanted the eyes are(which is 1 of 2 defining factors). Just makes it seem like he bleached his hair =0\. The manga version(top-left) looks the most like a delinquent, and makes him look more intimidating, which is why I like it best. The original doesn't really look intimidating either, though as Chaos said, the eyes do have a slant. They don't give him the appearance of a delinquent in my opinion though like the left side versions do.

In the end, how he looks is just a minor quibble really, but I'm able to empathize with the fact that he's seen as a delinquent if his normal faces are like the two left-side images than the right side ones.

Ever thought that in his fantasy, he sees himself as a good looking popular guy?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 20:47   Link #563
larethian

Kodaka is taken to be a yankee not just because of his facial expression or appearance but his hair color. a little like Ichigo in that respect.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 20:49   Link #564
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

In the first place the manga art was kinda bad, so anyone in there would naturally look more ugly/scary/angry
Old 2011-09-22, 21:05   Link #565
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Ever thought that in his fantasy, he sees himself as a good looking popular guy?
Even if that was the case, the promo material/scans/trailer still show him as that good looking guy =0\.

Quote:
In the first place the manga art was kinda bad, so anyone in there would naturally look more ugly/scary/angry
I disagree, although it is a bit sloppy(it's not a tank scan I believe), I like the art of the manga best. At least, I would have liked it better than how they've adapted this Buriki style(or whatever its called) so far. Then again the TV series could be more polished, but I doubt it'll be too much better than the ova.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 21:33   Link #566
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Even if that was the case, the promo material/scans/trailer still show him as that good looking guy =0\.

I disagree, although it is a bit sloppy(it's not a tank scan I believe), I like the art of the manga best. At least, I would have liked it better than how they've adapted this Buriki style(or whatever its called) so far. Then again the TV series could be more polished, but I doubt it'll be too much better than the ova.
Between the Anime art and the Manga's, it's no competition which one is more 'true' to Buriki's style. So I'm guessing you're just not in flavor of the original art?
Old 2011-09-22, 22:26   Link #567
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Between the Anime art and the Manga's, it's no competition which one is more 'true' to Buriki's style. So I'm guessing you're just not in flavor of the original art?
It's not that I dislike his style. I really loved the look of Denpa Otoko. You're right in that the manga's art style doesn't look like Buriki's style, while the anime does. Kodaka's looks aside, I just think that the manga's art style is more unique and appealing to my eyes than what the ova has shown thus far, even compared to the original. This isn't in any way to say the original's art is bad. It's like, given that I like both oranges and apples, with the orange having a rough texture and the apple having a shiny one, I prefer the orange.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 01:45   Link #568
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

theres a problem with buriki style and that is that male characters can end looking feminine too, but i really dont care that much about the designs im more interested how they gonna adapt the story, and seeing the ova they migth not be holding anything back or tuning things down, and thats the best this series can get.
Old 2011-09-23, 04:11   Link #569
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
In between, that was quite some negative feedback on the OVA
Well imo it was a pretty horrible introduction for people not familiar with the source material. Personally would hate to see someone get their first impressions of the series from this as opposed to episode 1.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 04:19   Link #570
larethian

yeah, like what Klashikari said, this is bundled with v7 for that reason. it serves to showcase to the LN readers, the chara design, production style, voices, etc. etc. of the anime version. speaking of v7, it should come to my local Kino today. *twiddle*

and I agree with most people's comments on the slight weirdness. I think Buriki's original art is not meant to move.
Old 2011-09-23, 04:24   Link #571
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Well imo it was a pretty horrible introduction for people not familiar with the source material. Personally would hate to see someone get their first impressions of the series from this as opposed to episode 1.
Thinking about it, this is probably why it was found in the 7th volume and not intended to be released online for us foreign devils...

...You know, on hindsight ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
I think Buriki's original art is not meant to move.
So whoever gets Buriki as their illustrator is curse to never get an Anime for their work lets they face the wraith of a thousand anal art critics ?
Old 2011-09-23, 04:38   Link #572
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Thinking about it, this is probably why it was found in the 7th volume and not intended to be released online for us foreign devils...

Clearly.

But lets be you know "realistic", people who haven't read the manga/light novel would've watched this by now. And not just us "foreign devils", unless you think this wasn't put up on Japanese file sharing programs, nico and other sites like that in Japan. Lets also not act like this isn't labeled as Episode 0 in the first place.... that sort of labeling would make people think "I can watch this" even though it's bundled with Vol 7.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 04:44   Link #573
larethian

Quote:

So whoever gets Buriki as their illustrator is curse to never get an Anime for their work lets they face the wraith of a thousand anal art critics ?
oops, what I meant was Shaft did better. but this one for Haganai seems ermm, like non-moving designs. I may just rambling though since I know shit about art. *runs away*
Old 2011-09-23, 04:49   Link #574
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

^Then again, they don't usually go all out with the art for a pilot episode.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 05:10   Link #575
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

with mayo chiki as an example, character designs dont have to be the same as the LN to be good(dont know how this series is doing in japan but is one of my favorites this ending season).
Old 2011-09-23, 05:34   Link #576
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Or Dantalian no Shoka in which the character design sounds horrible and completely different (in terms of hairstyle, clothes and personnality) than the light novel.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 19:31   Link #577
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

So, fellow meat-lovers. Show you're support for the big ones by brandishing these avatars! (well, just one since I'm using the other one)

Ah, but seeing the reaction to that Special Episode (I refuse to call it episode 0 ), eh half is understandable but the other half, it certainly doesn't look like it's supposed to introduce one to the series.

For one thing, having an OAD as an introduction is certainly bound to confuse one; take for example having watched the Air Gear TV series when it aired, and stop reading that manga about the same time, and then those OAD's came out, I was befuddled to say the least. I had no idea what I missed.

I would say it's the fault of wherever you "acquired" this OAD, as it should be properly labeled. All it took me was a glance at the runtime and I said "Yup, this is something special rather than tied to the TV series". I enjoyed it at least (although it's not hard to see what I enjoyed)

And... I don't find anything wrong with the art. Like the earlier comparison to Mayo Chiki, I honestly say I might not have enjoyed that series if the art was similar to its novel or manga counterparts, mainly because the anime Kanade is so sadistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
And before anyone tries anything funny
Just tell Crow I said Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
This is going to be heaven.
You mean you're not in heaven yet? I saw those big ones jiggle and that went straight through my heart
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 19:55   Link #578
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
So, fellow meat-lovers. Show you're support for the big ones by brandishing these avatars! (well, just one since I'm using the other one)

It's not that I particular like these kinds of things, but to usher in the new season I'm going to need a new Avatar and sig...

"SO FEEL THE GLORY MEATBAG! Your value as a human being- Obediently let me have it !"

Quote:
And... I don't find anything wrong with the art. Like the earlier comparison to Mayo Chiki, I honestly say I might not have enjoyed that series if the art was similar to its novel or manga counterparts, mainly because the anime Kanade is so sadistic
That's because people like us are simple minded tools that are easily satisfied

Quote:
You mean you're not in heaven yet? I saw those big ones jiggle and that went straight through my heart
Da-Ka-Raa, I'm really not into these kinds of things.... >.>

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-09-23 at 20:06.
Old 2011-09-23, 19:57   Link #579
larethian

Sena's charm for me is not from her boobs though......
Old 2011-09-23, 20:10   Link #580
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Sena's charm for me is not from her boobs though......
lol you know knowing my track record that would be the obvious reason for me but surprise it isn't, there is def alot more to Sena than the obvious here

But thats not to say the obvious isn't part of the reason just not exactly a main one in this case, it's more a whole package deal going on.

Now I gotta admit I still got that little niggle from before, still not sure about Marina Inoue as Yozora.
Don't get me wrong I love Marina Inoue, she's one of my favs but i do think she may have been mismatched here, will just have to wait and see how it goes.

mmmm meat~

Tags
comedy, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen