Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-02-01, 19:43   Link #921
Ardea

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet View Post
Kids, don't you ever make Yasu mad!

Oh, man, episode 39 was so cooool. There was I, getting bored to death by the constant waves of angst and ...BAM... Yasu saves the series with his badassery! 8)

Definitely one of the most exciting episodes of NANA in recent memory.
Yeaaaahh, go Yasu! I totally cheered for him afterwards! That was the highlight of the episode

The ending of the episode was very sweet too with Hachi going into puppy mode
Ardea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 20:36   Link #922
Trax
Rock beats scissors

A nice collection of twists and turns in episode 34... Nana is seriously pissed off at Takumi, but also extremely frustrated by Hachi's silence especially after Takumi drops the bomb on her. Then Takumi is a total bastard again by having sex with Hachi more or less against her will, and seemingly rubbing it in with Nana. It drives Nana nuts, and she breaks a strawberry glass by accident, and after that she loses it and just breaks the matching one that made the pair. Yet later on she doesn't remember what happened at all since that. I didn't like how Hachi was portrayed as a golddigger by whatshisname, although I suppose it could seem that way. During that conversation at the recording studio, Reira makes herself scarce, for some reason she got really depressed. Because of the comments about her song? And/or the conversation about Takumi's marriage? Anyway, it looks like she's still not over Yasu and asks his number from Shin and goes over to Yasu's place. A shame for Shin, who was on the verge of getting serious with her, going by his actions and words over the phone. Then the episode ends with Hachi crying over the broken glass and the broken relation with Nana.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 21:16   Link #923
kauldron26
Med Student

having nana 34 on my laptop and refusing to watch it till ep 50 is out is goin to be one of the hardest things i will ever do...
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-03, 00:11   Link #924
kriez
dAydream slAcker

Send a message via MSN to kriez
why are you doing that?? exams? lol.. any changes or anime-originals in Nana somebody inform me please.. too bored to follow the anime, it's not catching up fast enough with the manga....
kriez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-03, 03:43   Link #925
Ardea

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauldron26 View Post
having nana 34 on my laptop and refusing to watch it till ep 50 is out is goin to be one of the hardest things i will ever do...
If you can do it, more power to you! I really do think it's so much more enjoyable to understand it the first time watching it, than to watch each episode twice. For me, it just loses its initial impact, but I have terrible willpower

34 doesn't seem as cliff-hanger-y as the previous episodes, though it is sad at the end. I think you can watch it and not feel as compelled to immediately seek out the next episode
Ardea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-03, 08:27   Link #926
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Quote:
Here here, I'm doing the same thing. I'm tired of those cliffhanger handings and waiting for new episodes to be released. I'm just gonna wait for atleast 10 more episodes to start watching again.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-03, 11:34   Link #927
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

Hmm, I juz watched episode 39. Seems like they r not going to extend NANA anime as the NANA host says that NANA will only have 2 more mths to go. =( I wonder where they will stop at since the manga is still ongoing.

Hopefully, there is Season 2 or sth for NANA cos' the manga now is getting quite interesting (as in approaching to the answer for everything) ;P
Ja-Y-Ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-03, 13:21   Link #928
Aidan
Am I bad? Yes... Very X(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
Reira makes herself scarce, for some reason
That would be because she has always been in love with Takumi, her illusion was finally broken, Yasu has always been a substitute.

Note that this is only my interpretation.
Aidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-03, 14:08   Link #929
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Ah, totally forgot about that, good point. That would explain why the Takumi marriage talk upset her. And she turned to Yasu for some comfort...

kauldron26: Wouldn't it be easier to go for batches of 5 episodes or something like that?
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-04, 09:31   Link #930
kriez
dAydream slAcker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ja-Y-Ce View Post
Hmm, I juz watched episode 39. Seems like they r not going to extend NANA anime as the NANA host says that NANA will only have 2 more mths to go. =( I wonder where they will stop at since the manga is still ongoing.

Hopefully, there is Season 2 or sth for NANA cos' the manga now is getting quite interesting (as in approaching to the answer for everything) ;P
oh yea~ i always dislike too much anime-originals and changes to the original plot.. and i cried when..
Spoiler:

the manga uploads at wangyou are slow...~
Old 2007-02-04, 23:24   Link #931
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
The Glass house is Shattered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan View Post
That would be because she has always been in love with Takumi, her illusion was finally broken, Yasu has always been a substitute.

Note that this is only my interpretation.
I think you hit the nail right on the coffin thats how i have always interpreted it
Quote:
You my friend have the will power of a saint.

Well I was prepared for this episode having gone back and read the manga from beginning to the current chapters. As much as i was prepared for it I was still pissed and upset. I think the only person i couldnt yell at is Yasu. Takumi yes i still hate you no one can tell me the scene with him and Hachi in the bedroom was not F&@ked up, not to mention with Nana right outside the door. To me how Takumi acted in that scene is his true self not the sly double talking pretty boy. But he thinks of everything as possession including Hachi, its all about it his happiness no one elses

Hachi's silence was painful to watch and then the tagging along after Takumi to the bedroom without saying a word to Nana. I count this episode as basically the beginning of the end for Hachi and Nana, as the breaking of strawberry glasses symbolized. The hurt and confusion Nana O must be feeling right now is unbearable unfortunately her mental state only gets worse. Reira really disappointed me but it obvious why she went to Yasu but Shin for once realized he truly cares for Reira and says he doesnt need money, to have it turn out like that.

Over all the hatefest is only going to get worse and my Takumi bashing will surly continue if not worsen as he shows he true colors. I honestly dont think their is a single person in Nana right now that is truly happy but who is happy all the time anyway.

Does anyone else think that if Yasu were to open up his own Psychology clinc hed be a millionaire, hell hes already got the clients.
Old 2007-02-04, 23:30   Link #932
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Sorry for the double post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriez View Post
oh yea~ i always dislike too much anime-originals and changes to the original plot.. and i cried when..
Spoiler:

the manga uploads at wangyou are slow...~
Kriez your guess is as good as anyone the current chapter you just read is where pretty much everyone is at. The translated manga comes out pretty slow everywhere. Also, since Ai has not announced when the manga will be ending all we can pretty much do is sit and wait, as for your spoiler question.....

Spoiler for manga spoilers:
Old 2007-02-05, 02:48   Link #933
PiccoloUE

Location: 1/3 down the road to life 2/3 twords the grave, where the meet who knows.
Watching NANA not for the fient of heart

I swear, every time I am about to start playing a new episode... my heart starts pounding, my eyes well up, and I get really pissed. and thats BEFORE I even start watching.

This show is like the emotional rollercoaster from hell, Its like getting my heart ripped out once every 2 weeks.

Heaven help me

I do to the english language... What Chuck Norris does to your face. Creates it and then destorys it!

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-02-05 at 02:59. Reason: Threads merged
PiccoloUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-05, 08:30   Link #934
kriez
dAydream slAcker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Well I was prepared for this episode having gone back and read the manga from beginning to the current chapters. As much as i was prepared for it I was still pissed and upset. I think the only person i couldnt yell at is Yasu. Takumi yes i still hate you no one can tell me the scene with him and Hachi in the bedroom was not F&@ked up, not to mention with Nana right outside the door. To me how Takumi acted in that scene is his true self not the sly double talking pretty boy. But he thinks of everything as possession including Hachi, its all about it his happiness no one elses

Does anyone else think that if Yasu were to open up his own Psychology clinc hed be a millionaire, hell hes already got the clients.
couldn't agree with you more..~ takumi can kiss my arse! except for the friendship and silent comfort hachi can provide for nana, (i'm sorry that i'm not sincere in being sorry,) i think hachi is the typical simple-minded bimbotic girly naive girls that i detest. she can't seem to grow up and mature! a child living an adult's life.. nana is about the main reason i keep reading on.. and yasu is so quiet and reserved in his understanding...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Kriez your guess is as good as anyone the current chapter you just read is where pretty much everyone is at. The translated manga comes out pretty slow everywhere. Also, since Ai has not announced when the manga will be ending all we can pretty much do is sit and wait, as for your spoiler question.....

Spoiler for manga spoilers:
mm~ you pretty much branched out possible reasons..
Old 2007-02-05, 21:46   Link #935
brightredglow

I guess I am one of the few that doesn't blame everything on Takumi for what transpired.

Spoiler:
brightredglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-06, 00:36   Link #936
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

I understand perhaps why takumi wanted to and did forse himself unto hachi, but shiesh, how is she ever going to connect to him other than "the lust side" is this is his way. Yup, he's pissed, but if he cared anything for her, he'd of given her at least SOME time to adjust to loosing the love of her life. I just didn't think it was necessary at this point.

Regardless if Hachi chose Takumi because she didn't want her true love's life messed up at such a young life, I don't believe she had that right to make that decision.

Fact being, she should of just told him she loved him, and let HIM make the decision. Protecting someone without giving them the choise isn't fair to all. IMO

bah....angst
pathyfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-07, 07:06   Link #937
kriez
dAydream slAcker

i certainly do understand takumi's role in Nana but i don't believe he's falling for hachi.
Spoiler:

so there..
Old 2007-02-07, 14:21   Link #938
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Exclamation Hm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriez View Post
i certainly do understand takumi's role in Nana but i don't believe he's falling for hachi.
Spoiler:

so there..
Perhaps but I see it this way:

Spoiler:

I can't wait to see the next episode!
Old 2007-02-09, 12:12   Link #939
kriez
dAydream slAcker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensporebomb View Post
Perhaps but I see it this way:

Spoiler:

I can't wait to see the next episode!
*sheesh* takumi still ain't any favourite of mine, haha.. however,
Spoiler:
Old 2007-02-09, 18:26   Link #940
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
NANA IS LOVE 8)

Seriously, I am so pleased with both episode 40 and the recent batch of angstless episodes. Just 10 more remaining till conclusion and I still can't believe it's going to end. All I hope for is that the remaining episodes bear semblance to #40, which was funny and inspiring and uplifting and everything a good episode of NANA should.

Less angst! More hilarity! Or else Hachi will give you a glare! 8)

Spoiler:

BTW, recently, the studio has been animating exactly 1 chapter of NANA per episode. The most recently animated episode (#40) corresponds to chapter 35. Thus, if they keep this exact pace for the rest of the series and not invent some crazy-ass made-up finale, the end should approximately correspond to
Spoiler for major manga spoilers:

That would be a killer way to end it all, won't it? Berserk's ending will pale in comparison in terms of "cliffhangery-ness". 8)
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romance