Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-11-29, 03:18   Link #1441
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotEffed2RageQuit View Post
So is the N3DS like a 3DS with 2nd analog attachment?
You could put it that way

But reports are that the CPU is now quad-core, more RAM was added, and Wifi speed's are immensely faster. It is a substantial upgrade.
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-29, 03:32   Link #1442
GotEffed2RageQuit
N.Kurogane x N.Vermillion

I see. They're pretty fast with their hands. I saw something like minecraft on 3ds. Is it good?
Old 2014-11-29, 04:13   Link #1443
mangatron

Minecraft, that homebrew thing? I honestly don't know anything about it other than it's in the works by the guy who released the homebrew exploit.
Old 2014-12-25, 20:29   Link #1444
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Ok, was lucky enough to get a 3DS (and Bravely Default) for Christmas. Time to jump on board this train and enjoy some of the great games .
Old 2015-01-14, 10:22   Link #1445
GDB

New Fire Emblem.

HELLS YEAH! And the story's being written by the guy who writes Kindaichi, so it should be good.

Few things of note:

1) Fights appear to take place on the map, rather than merely using a pre-generated battle stages that's determined based on your general area (grass, field, building, etc)
2) Dual system returns
3) Feet return
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-14, 10:43   Link #1446
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Somehow the graphic looks really bad during battle due to not enough resolution... Hopefully the final product will be much smoother...
Old 2015-01-14, 11:47   Link #1447
com_gwp

I'm legitimately annoyed that NoA decided not to bring over both units; I wanted my faceplate-swapping vanity machine.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-14, 11:49   Link #1448
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Somehow the graphic looks really bad during battle due to not enough resolution... Hopefully the final product will be much smoother...
Videos and pictures always look way worse when it comes to 3DS. Smash bros is a major victim of that.
Old 2015-01-14, 13:24   Link #1449
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I wonder if there will be any new content for Xenoblade. I mean, with games like Etrian Odyssey + Mystery Dungeon and stuff coming up, I don't think I will have enough time to spare playing Xenoblade all over again if there is nothing new. Great game, but long game, after all.

"Spear Break!" -> "Starlight Knee! Aitatata..."

Oh yeah, Monster Hunter 4 comes out in America in a month. I wonder if they will do any full update for the JP version as well at the time?
I doubt they will put the effort to do so, but maybe Extreme Yian Garuga and Brachydios will be added? (Denden! DededeDENDEN! Dedededenden!)

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-14, 14:02   Link #1450
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Oh yeah, Monster Hunter 4 comes out in America in a month. I wonder if they will do any full update for the JP version as well at the time?
Wait, what? I thought it was a March release?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-14, 14:10   Link #1451
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

They confirmed it will be available at the same time as the new 3DS, both in Europe and US.
For some reason, the US demo is still tagged "coming soon", while EU demo is available today, albeit with special codes, similar to Smash bros.
Old 2015-01-14, 15:42   Link #1452
Dextro
He Without a Title

Glad to know us Euro folks will be getting the regular 3DS. I'm picking mine ASAP to avoid having to settle for a XL again.

Also, am I the only one loving the soundtrack to this trailer?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2015-01-14, 19:46   Link #1453
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

So North America won't get the smaller New 3DS? If so, that is b.s. I wanted the smaller one. 3DS XL is heavy for a handheld and definitely not a joy to hold in your hands for extended play sessions.

I'll wait on New 3DS. Maybe the smaller one will release over here later, too (hopefully).

I'll need a compelling reason to get New 3DS. I have a 2DS with that 2DS trigger grips accessory, and holding it and playing on it is way better than when I had my 3DS XL.

If I got a New 3DS, and didn't put my NNID on it, what would that mean? That is the other issue, I'd have to choose whether to have my NNID on either my 2DS or my New 3DS.

Lastly, Nintendo is being cheap and making a mistake by not including an AC adapter with New 3DS systems.
Old 2015-01-15, 17:45   Link #1454
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
Lastly, Nintendo is being cheap and making a mistake by not including an AC adapter with New 3DS systems.
While it is true that the lack of a charger is a way to cut down the price of the system, I wouldn't consider it a mistake.

Given how most of the people that will buy the New 3DS XL (including me) are getting it as an update to their current systems, they already have a charger (in my case, two thanks to me also having a DSi, with me using that as a "travel" charger and for I do the data transfer) and thus don't really need another one.
Old 2015-01-15, 19:13   Link #1455
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Well... Considering I used to work retail... The problem I'm seeing here is around the holidays, employees will push buying the New 3DS to parents who don't know much about these and are buying them as first time handhelds for their kids... Now, most of the time the employee will forget or just not care to let them know that there is no charger included...

Bam, ruined Christmas for some 6 year old...
Old 2015-01-16, 01:38   Link #1456
Rias

I was thinking about getting the new 3DS, since I wanted to play bravely default and Persona Q, but gotta say I wasn't impressed by the lack of a charger. I never owned a 3DS, so having to fork over 10-15 dollar extra on what I already pay for the unit seems like a slap in the face. If it was something that was common, like micro USB or something, that I would understand - but they have to have their own standard of plugs.

And it's not about be able to afford that 10-15 dollars or not - it's the principle behind it. You don't see any company selling a laptop will ship it without the power cable. It sure isn't helping someone like me on the other camp to jump over to the Nintendo camp.
Old 2015-01-16, 01:51   Link #1457
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Old 2015-01-16, 02:31   Link #1458
Chosen_Hero

Considering the decisions Nintendo has been making as of late too of by this whole New 3ds having no charger thing reinforces my standing of not giving Nintendo free passes because of "nostalgia".

Seriously what if they release a New New 3ds without a charger and people want to trade in their old New 3ds but for some reason they can't because they need to have the charger (just like with the current 3ds) even though it never came with one in the package?

What if that's the only charger you have because you traded in all the other ones with every iteration of the ds? Mostly because you never had problems with them so you never had to buy a new one, or maybe you sold/gave it away to someone else who needed it when you never used it because you didn't have a 3ds at the time, maybe the the New 3ds was your first portable, etc.

There are too many variable that works against the consumer when you factor in the missing charger alone.

And let's not get into the whole Majora's Mask New 3ds debacle or the whole amiboo thing.
Old 2015-01-16, 03:38   Link #1459
GotEffed2RageQuit
N.Kurogane x N.Vermillion

like the new 3ds start/select buttons. heh
they should also add 220v chargers on others. i guess
Old 2015-01-21, 20:55   Link #1460
mangatron

Does anyone want a code for that Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate unlimited uses demo? I already have it, so I figured maybe someone here would want it

Tags
3ds, dsi, nintendo, nintendo 3ds, nintendo ds