AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-16, 13:02   Link #781
Eratas123

Where did you guys watch it? Can anyone post a link?
Old 2012-06-16, 13:18   Link #782
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I watched it on my tv! Episodes generally go up on the nick.com site (in the Korra section) on Monday afternoons, I think for both US and Canada, and since that is the legal producer/streamer we can't post any illegal links here.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 13:24   Link #783
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkark07 View Post
Yeah, I'm wondering too how will Korra make everyone's bending return. Hopefully Aang has some advices for her when she meets him.
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Where did you guys watch it? Can anyone post a link?
Its on nick, Saturday mornings at 11 AM eastern time for american audiences
Old 2012-06-16, 13:26   Link #784
Who

As much as it sucks that I can't work right now, I'm glad I anklebended yesterday. Allowed me to catch it live when I was supposed to go on shift.

The last ten minutes were amazing, as usual.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 13:38   Link #785
monster

Wow, wow, wow, very nice. Other than the jealousy angle, I like everything else that happened this episode, even Lin getting her power removed (poor her), and especially the scenes with Tenzin, his family, and Lin. Will Korra enter the Avatar State? Hmm, I'm very excited for next week.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 15:18   Link #786
Kirarakim

Korra is the Avatar so if anyone can return bending I am pretty sure it's her.
Old 2012-06-16, 15:34   Link #787
Eratas123

Then again, does returning bending to people like "Lightning Bolt" Zolt seem like a good idea?
Old 2012-06-16, 16:10   Link #788
Who

Quote:
Then again, does returning bending to people like "Lightning Bolt" Zolt seem like a good idea?
Well, all you'd really have to do is go and access criminal records to find out who deserves it back and who doesn't.
Old 2012-06-16, 16:14   Link #789
monster

Quote:
It depends, if the solution is an all-or-nothing solution, then I don't think they would worry about criminals getting their bending powers back. Even criminals are treated in hospitals, and bending ability is a natural function of their body since it is genetic. However, the Avatar could always choose to retake the bending ability for the really bad ones since she probably has the authority to do so.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 16:21   Link #790
Eratas123

This is why I love this series: The morality actually tends to be gray most of the time. Everybody has a good point (Except Yakone and Tarrlok) every now and then. I mean, would you want to live powerless in a world where just about everybody else can spit fire out of their asses?
Old 2012-06-16, 17:04   Link #791
Awrya
U mad?

Mako redirected lightning? Seriously, every little trick/ability from the original Avatar series is known to every bender
Guards from the White Lotus, glad to see them again, I thought they were long forgotten. Lin, using metal against electric weapons isn't going to work

For a second I thought they'd name their son Aang for some reason.

General Iroh, is that Zuko's voice actor Dev Patel? While it is nice to hear his voice again, it does not fit with the image of the character
Old 2012-06-16, 17:50   Link #792
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Mako redirected lightning? Seriously, every little trick/ability from the original Avatar series is known to every bender
Guards from the White Lotus, glad to see them again, I thought they were long forgotten. Lin, using metal against electric weapons isn't going to work

General Iroh, is that Zuko's voice actor Dev Patel? While it is nice to hear his voice again, it does not fit with the image of the character
Dante Basco was the voice actor, Dev Patel was the actor from the live-action movie which shall not be mentioned
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 17:52   Link #793
Ushio the Omega

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post

Please tell more your joking! Dante Basco is Zuko's voice actor Dev is from the shitty movie.
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 18:35   Link #794
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

No Lin Nooooooooooo!

ca not wait fro united force vs equalist

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 19:36   Link #795
LuxorMG
ItadakiMAKO

I heard Dante Basco talking, and I was like OMG it's Zuko!

But I realized it's more likely that it's Zuko's son or grandson (nephew?), since Zuko himself retired as Fire Lord and is 86-7 by now.
Old 2012-06-16, 20:27   Link #796
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
This is why I love this series: The morality actually tends to be gray most of the time. Everybody has a good point (Except Yakone and Tarrlok) every now and then. I mean, would you want to live powerless in a world where just about everybody else can spit fire out of their asses?
But they're not powerless and power structures are a part of society. Whether it's based on money, talent, knowledge or a combination, it's there. Just assuming that you remove someone's natural born talent and everything is going to be okay is pretty naive. Another force will just step into the vacuum and establish their own set of rules.

Who's to say that after Amon wipes out the benders that he doesn't establish himself as the new top dog? Or that his backers don't knock him off and seize control?

What Amon is doing is just another form of ethnic cleansing imo.

Last edited by orion; 2012-06-16 at 20:45.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 21:49   Link #797
Who

Meelo

Spoiler for best .gifs ever:
Old 2012-06-16, 22:00   Link #798
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Oooh, Asami still jelly. She kicked MAJOR ass this episode, but waiting on her turning coat any time now...

And Tenzin, look at the lengths your childhood friend will go for you. And you picked Pema WHY? Stupid git. >_>

But woot, we finally see the fire nation. Kinda late to introduce Iroh though IMO, but I guess I can't be too harsh considering this was supposed to be only a 12 episode series.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 22:48   Link #799
Kirarakim

Keep in mind there is another season of 14 episodes.

Even though non-benders might have legitimate complaints what Amon & the equalists are doing is definitely wrong. I don't see anything gray about it.

I suppose you can make an argument about taking criminals bending away who abuse that power (after all that is what Aang did) but just taking away people's bending because bending is bad according to Amon? What gives him the right to decide that?
Old 2012-06-16, 23:40   Link #800
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
But woot, we finally see the fire nation. Kinda late to introduce Iroh though IMO, but I guess I can't be too harsh considering this was supposed to be only a 12 episode series.
It's about time the ass kicking nation comes on board for this. Mako needs a role model and shippers need more material.

Tags
avatar the last airbender, korra