AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-07, 15:01   Link #2761
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I like how the pundits bash the welfare recipients. But they support giving the largest ones entitlements. :3

Don't give me this free market BS when you support corporatism.

The US is as much as a Free Market as it is a democracy.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-11-07, 15:35   Link #2762
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Chiibi, with all due respect: I'm a practicing German catholic, and for me, the GOP would be completely unelectable. In my understanding, the core teaching of Christ is the grace of charity. Love thy neighbor. Care for the needy. Do not seek worldly riches. What did Christ do with sinners and whores? He didn't condemn them and demanded them cast out and punished, he sat with them. This is the exact opposite of what the GOP tries to do.

I can't take a political party seriously as "Christian" that on one hand dogmatically declares abortion a crime and mortal sin, yet at the same time openly advocates starting wars of aggression.

I can't take a political party seriously as "Christian" that openly advocates the use of torture.

I can't take a political party seriously as "Christian" that openly rejects the principle of welfare and helping the needy.

Hell, even the US Conference of American Catholic Bishops explicitly lamented that Ryan's plans were incompatible with Christian teachings.

Do you seriously believe that if Jesus were to be born into our modern times, he would find the GOP to be of his kind? I sure don't. How can you resolve all these contradictions?
I'm a Christian, too (I go to a Catholic church but am currently a non-denominational Christian), and I just can't support the GOP of today.
Old 2012-11-07, 15:37   Link #2763
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

BTW what's happenig with Florida? did they stop counting because it wasn't worth it ?
Old 2012-11-07, 15:41   Link #2764
Xion Valkyrie

GOP's road to 2016 might be an even more difficult one than their road to 2012. With their shrinking demographics they're going to need to abandon a lot of their current conservative social stances to try to get more of the Hispanic and women votes. Jeb Bush and Chris Christie are great moderates that would actually give them a fighting chance on the national level, but with the GOP right now, they wouldn't get past the primaries without ending up looking like Romney did.

A lot of indicators are showing that the economy is going to recover in the next 4 years (The effect of the white house on the overall larger economic trends are actually not that significant). If the economy does recover and let's say Hilary decides to step up, the Republicans would be fighting almost an impossible battle in 2016 if they plan to win 2016 the same way they did 2012.
Old 2012-11-07, 15:43   Link #2765
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Chiibi, with all due respect: I'm a practicing German catholic, and for me, the GOP would be completely unelectable. In my understanding, the core teaching of Christ is the grace of charity. Love thy neighbor. Care for the needy. Do not seek worldly riches. What did Christ do with sinners and whores? He didn't condemn them and demanded them cast out and punished, he sat with them. This is the exact opposite of what the GOP tries to do.

I can't take a political party seriously as "Christian" that on one hand dogmatically declares abortion a crime and mortal sin, yet at the same time openly advocates starting wars of aggression.

I can't take a political party seriously as "Christian" that openly advocates the use of torture.

I can't take a political party seriously as "Christian" that openly rejects the principle of welfare and helping the needy.

Hell, even the US Conference of American Catholic Bishops explicitly lamented that Ryan's plans were incompatible with Christian teachings.

Do you seriously believe that if Jesus were to be born into our modern times, he would find the GOP to be of his kind? I sure don't. How can you resolve all these contradictions?
This is so true, and why I can't believe anyone can take these guys seriously anymore. It's like walking hypocrisy.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-11-07, 15:44   Link #2766
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
BTW what's happenig with Florida? did they stop counting because it wasn't worth it ?
They said the counting team was told to go home and sleep, and finish tomorrow. It isn't urgent any more.
Old 2012-11-07, 15:52   Link #2767
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Well we can. China taking over them as the No.1 economy of the world.
Why did the dow plunge after this election? Is it concerns about the debt ceiling crisis? The one that the republicans aren't willing to compromise on?
Old 2012-11-07, 15:55   Link #2768
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
Why did the dow plunge after this election? Is it concerns about the debt ceiling crisis? The one that the republicans aren't willing to compromise on?
there is probably some concern that Obama will looking for some payback on Wall Street via the justice dept and SEC.
Old 2012-11-07, 15:55   Link #2769
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
It actually always drops after election day, oddly enough. I think someone mentioned that earlier in the topic. Honestly I really hate how the stock market operates.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2012-11-07, 16:02   Link #2770
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
It actually always drops after election day, oddly enough. I think someone mentioned that earlier in the topic. Honestly I really hate how the stock market operates.
For some reason, I think if Romney were elected, the stock market would have gone up. Heh
Old 2012-11-07, 16:08   Link #2771
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Hence pot calling the kettle black. Sorry, but demanding respect while refusing to give it is hypocritical in the extreme.
Where in ANY of my posts did I state "I refuse to give respect to ____"?

I freaking hate when people put words in my mouth!
Old 2012-11-07, 16:13   Link #2772
Dr. Casey

Chiibi! Nice to see you here, I'm glad to have someone around that's pro-Romney and not too crazy about Obama.
Old 2012-11-07, 16:15   Link #2773
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Chiibi! Nice to see you here, I'm glad to have someone around that's pro-Romney and not too crazy about Obama.
United we stand, my brother!

Quote:
Someone hasn't been looking for work in the last few years I see.
Because I have a job.
Old 2012-11-07, 16:16   Link #2774
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
I'm not crazy about Obama.

I'm just also not crazy about Romney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Because I have a job.
So if you're somehow unfamiliar with the current job market as you claim, why are you so quick to pass sweeping judgement on those who has to deal with it?
Old 2012-11-07, 16:20   Link #2775
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:

I freaking hate when people put words in my mouth!
The republican mega pastors are doing it for you.

See:
Pat Robertson declare homosexually is leading cause of hurricane and other godly wrath.
Unconditional support of Israel in hoping to trigger Armageddon.
Insane fascination with the female body while the economy is on life support (See 1000+ Laws restricting reproduction rights, rape comments).
Attacks on gays.
Preach family value while practicing the opposite: See Newt...
Attacks on Homosexuals as a Dogma (Never minding Jesus never commented on it)

Oh, erratically attack anime and video games as too sexual or violent without realizing the bible can be just as explicit.

Sooooo if their views don't match with yours, you need to speak up.
Old 2012-11-07, 16:24   Link #2776
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Because I have a job.
I only hope you never have to experience as long a period of unemployment as I have.

6 months and counting!

You're missing out man, there ain't nothing more fun then filling out job applications. What's really amazing is the way 9/10s of them don't even bother replying!
Old 2012-11-07, 16:26   Link #2777
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
United we stand, my brother!

Because I have a job.
As a college student?
Old 2012-11-07, 16:27   Link #2778
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
I only hope you never have to experience as long a period of unemployment as I have.

6 months and counting!

You're missing out man, there ain't nothing more fun then filling out job applications. What's really amazing is the way 9/10s of them don't even bother replying!
Personally, I preferred it that way. Why bother reading a "no"?
Old 2012-11-07, 16:29   Link #2779
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post

6 months and counting!

You're obviously a lazy bum, you should've sent out at least twice as much applications!!!!!!
Old 2012-11-07, 16:35   Link #2780
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Many of us can read betweem the lines here, we don't need a neon sign under someone's name to get what kind of individual he is.