AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-02-27, 06:35   Link #3361
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
I suppose that I need to settle down now and get at least one of my grinds finished instead of chipping away at all of them at once.

But which?

T20 to Pershing with about 50000 XP remaining. (All modules researched.)
T29 to T32 with 98000 XP remaining. (All modules researched.)
IS to IS-3 with 67000 XP remaining. (D-25T not researched.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Go for IS-3.
don't Knackwurst, while IS3 maybe better than T32, both M103 and T110E5 is better than IS-8 and IS-7.
Old 2013-02-27, 06:40   Link #3362
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

so how is T110E4?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 10:21   Link #3363
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
We haven't done Tier 5 platoons, have we?

However, you did see me blitz through the north side of the Mannerheim Line, when you were in your Wespe. That's why your team was defeated.
I was killed by the covenanter when I was trying move into position. No one covered mid on my team.

Anyways I sold my arties, so I no longer have it. I can get M41 or Hummel since I fully researched them both. But the Murica arty is better arty by tier V and up, but its more costly to research. They have the biggest gun in the game on the T92 (240mm).

Last time Wil was trying to kill me while I was play my Wespe, unfortunately I was killed before he got to my base.

Its weird, when there is MUP on the opposing team in the match I'm in we mainly lose its like bad karma or bad luck.
Old 2013-02-27, 10:24   Link #3364
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
don't Knackwurst, while IS3 maybe better than T32, both M103 and T110E5 is better than IS-8 and IS-7.
Yeah the T32 isn't so great becuz ur stuck with T29's gun, but M103 is a great tank. I still need money to the T110E5. BTW I can kill the E5 on the M103.

I wouldn't go IS 8 or IS 7 if you intend to go high tier tanks.
Old 2013-02-27, 10:26   Link #3365
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
so how is T110E4?
From what i've seen in games, in the right player's hands, they can be very deadly. There last gun was what 155mm or something. That's why i'm doing that line, that will be my next tier X, on top of it being a Turret TD. YAY for Murica.

I'll also have the T25/2 that you has for your highest tier.
Old 2013-02-27, 10:39   Link #3366
Gravitas Free Zone

Hmm. Well, I didn't plan on going down all of the national lines to Tier X anyway. It seems that the T110E5 is the most popular thing since sliced bread right now, though.

Nobody seems to like the American medium line beyond, say, Tier 6, with the Patton being too big and squishy, etc. I remain curious enough to make a run at the Pershing (it would just be a back burner project) but after that I am not committed to the grind.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 11:03   Link #3367
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Pershing is amazing. It's slower but it's got fantastic gun depression, a great black hole mantlet that just sucks in shells into the netherworld, and a decent gun. It's very good as a vision control tank that picks a nice spot in the terrain and says "Nothing's getting through on my watch." kind of tank. It's a decent all-rounder. If you brawl against an IS-3 you will lose, and if you try to outsnipe a German you will lose, but you can play against their weakness and come out on top. It leads to the M46 playstyle nicely.

That being said, I haven't played either tank since like 10 patches ago so my information may be outdated.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 11:45   Link #3368
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
*GASP*

Why are you depriving of my clan mates of their beautiful IS-7s?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 11:50   Link #3369
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
Pershing is amazing. It's slower but it's got fantastic gun depression, a great black hole mantlet that just sucks in shells into the netherworld, and a decent gun. It's very good as a vision control tank that picks a nice spot in the terrain and says "Nothing's getting through on my watch." kind of tank. It's a decent all-rounder. If you brawl against an IS-3 you will lose, and if you try to outsnipe a German you will lose, but you can play against their weakness and come out on top. It leads to the M46 playstyle nicely.

That being said, I haven't played either tank since like 10 patches ago so my information may be outdated.
I still have the Pershing in my garage, and everything Mow Yun said above remains true. Same goes for the M46 Patton I recently acquired, and I've yet to get the long 105 for it yet.

For lack of a better description, you can make the Patton line dance simply because it's so flexible. Their superior view ranges compared to practically any other tank line makes them good choices as scouts. They're mobile enough to break away from a stand-off and attempt to exploit a flank. If you can find the right kind of terrain, they can even serve as damage soakers to an extent.

You can exploit the German medium line's weakness at close range to run rings around them and get at their weaker side and rear armour. You can exploit the Soviet medium line's weakness at long range to snipe at them. Their great gun elevation and depression means they can abuse terrain, which is a great edge especially against the French.

The Pershing and the Pattons, quite simply, have all the tools to get the job done; you just need to choose the right one for the occasion. Unlike other lines which are designed to lend themselves to a particular playstyle, the strength of the US medium line lies in its ability to do whatever you ask of it.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 12:16   Link #3370
Sumeragi
Banned

Just figured I should mention my current garage:

Škoda T-25
E-50 Ausf. M
PzKpfw VII Löwe
PzKpfw VIB Tiger II
StuG III (StuH 42)
T1E6 (Gift, unused)
PzKpfw II Luchs (Investment for 8.4)

Unused slots: 3 slots
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 12:18   Link #3371
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
*GASP*

Why are you depriving of my clan mates of their beautiful IS-7s?

- Tak
Yes Q, he's dissing the IS line, although Kimi said he would rather play the Russian Medium Line than the US Mediums. But he's pitting the Patton Medium tank with a IS Heavy series, which is a bit uneven if you know what I mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
I still have the Pershing in my garage, and everything Mow Yun said above remains true. Same goes for the M46 Patton I recently acquired, and I've yet to get the long 105 for it yet.

For lack of a better description, you can make the Patton line dance simply because it's so flexible. Their superior view ranges compared to practically any other tank line makes them good choices as scouts. They're mobile enough to break away from a stand-off and attempt to exploit a flank. If you can find the right kind of terrain, they can even serve as damage soakers to an extent.

You can exploit the German medium line's weakness at close range to run rings around them and get at their weaker side and rear armour. You can exploit the Soviet medium line's weakness at long range to snipe at them. Their great gun elevation and depression means they can abuse terrain, which is a great edge especially against the French.

The Pershing and the Pattons, quite simply, have all the tools to get the job done; you just need to choose the right one for the occasion. Unlike other lines which are designed to lend themselves to a particular playstyle, the strength of the US medium line lies in its ability to do whatever you ask of it.
Pattons are good in the right hands, but Kimi said that the Brit medium is better at tier 9 and 10. But why go Russian medium, unless you like the undergunned medium tanks on the Russian side.

SideStrafe said M10 Wolf was undergunned for its tier and he said its a keeper in his garage. I too like the Wolf, despite it being undergunned, the 2.76 sec reload time with Rammer, GLD or what ever that is used to make aim time faster, and the binocs, makes the tank far superior TD over other TDs. So I'm keeping mine. Con't the Hellcat line its awesome due to spd, aim/accuracy, and reload time similar to my SP. with the same set up for my M10. I think Kimi should play the TD turret line on the US than go Russian Medium. Its far more amusing than playing undergunned tanks.

The only thing the T25/2 has is that its final gun is an upgraded 90mm of the Hellcat's 90mm. which sucks for its tier, so I might not keep it when I get the Proto unlocked and fully researched. So Yeah RRW, I think you should get rid of the upgraded T25/2 if you need to have free slot open for the Proto or just need some cash to get it. But I would rather you unlocked everything on the Proto before playing it. Once you unlocked the Proto you can switch back the turret less T28 from the Proto.
Old 2013-02-27, 12:21   Link #3372
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
You can exploit the German medium line's weakness at close range to run rings around them and get at their weaker side and rear armour.
Explains why I was never afraid to take on the Pershing and Pattons head on.
Old 2013-02-27, 12:23   Link #3373
Gravitas Free Zone

Well, there goes the neighborhood:

http://worldoftanks.com/news/1936-83-update-notes/

Yep, 8.4 soooooooooon. Hope you have some really old NVDIA drivers handy.
Old 2013-02-27, 12:25   Link #3374
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Wow, you only have 7 garage slots, no wonder your rich. everyone else has at least 10 or more. So you were serious about hating variety huh.

Anyways I was thinking about getting the VK H series to the Tiger but then I hate driving something that looks like a freaking lunch box.
Old 2013-02-27, 12:26   Link #3375
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Well, there goes the neighborhood:

http://worldoftanks.com/news/1936-83-update-notes/

Yep, 8.4 soooooooooon. Hope you have some really old NVDIA drivers handy.
LAME, their down grading their graphics, Its prolly not going to fix the FPS drop for arty at all.
Old 2013-02-27, 12:28   Link #3376
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
Yes Q, he's dissing the IS line, although Kimi said he would rather play the Russian Medium Line than the US Mediums. But he's pitting the Patton Medium tank with a IS Heavy series, which is a bit uneven if you know what I mean.
I must reluctantly admit... I play Soviet tanks with an air of confidence I never had until I unlocked the E-75 on the German line. That is, playing Soviet tanks the way its meant to be played... throw them into the thick of it and let God sort us out

Ok ok exaggerations aside, the IS series is actually a faster tank than the US mediums. Even with my IS-8 and its less-than-spectacular second-tier weapon @ 225 pen, I had neither a problem taking on Pattons head on nor an issue chasing them down. Although this occurs rarely, I was involved in a prolonged shootout with a M48A1 this early morning, and I actually came out on top! Of course, my front hull managed to bounce two shots whereas my opponent took every hit I dish out.

Never trade luck for skill, ever...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 12:30   Link #3377
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Wow, you only have 7 garage slots, no wonder your rich. everyone else has at least 10 or more. So you were serious about hating variety huh.
I like to concentrate resources. All my crew are past 70% on their third skill. It also saves slots for when the Japanese tree comes around and gold for training/camo/equipment.

Quote:
Anyways I was thinking about getting the VK H series to the Tiger but then I hate driving something that looks like a freaking lunch box.
VK 3601 (H) is probably the best Tier 6 medium out there.
Old 2013-02-27, 12:32   Link #3378
Gravitas Free Zone

The VK3601H is a great tank to use.

They really did things to the VK2801. I suppose I might as well fully camo mine before the price goes up, and maybe sneak the Luchs into my garage before the price goes up, though I have no idea what I'd do with it (have to check the planned tree again to see where the new Panzers fit in). The Leopard is also sitting in my garage, without a crew.

Interesting that they increased the view range, which is nice, but I was already using the 1602 Leopard as a passive spotter (until I stopped using it for the VK2801). The 1602 needed a maneuverability and fighting buff, not a fighting nerf and a spotting buff...
Old 2013-02-27, 12:35   Link #3379
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Oh gun depression, how I miss thee:

This is as far down as this gun points. That's how I lost my most recent match - I was 5 feet away from a T29 and couldn't hit him even though we were on the same level because I couldn't point my gun far down enough.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 12:36   Link #3380
Sumeragi
Banned

For me, I'll be selling the Luchs for extra profit, while slowly working towards Technical Engineer, Germany.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks