AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 80 76.92%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 13.46%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 6.73%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.92%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.96%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-03-30, 09:28   Link #61
noir senshi
Escapist Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai Edge View Post
Spoiler for Light and Misa's first contact at Light's house:
Isn't the 6 digit number just representing a date?

xx/yy/2zzz
Old 2007-03-30, 11:23   Link #62
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by noir senshi View Post
Isn't the 6 digit number just representing a date?

xx/yy/2zzz
It's totally pointless to speculate.
The numbers are in SHINIGAMI YEARS, so it could mean anything.
Old 2007-03-30, 16:37   Link #63
Janey777

I noticed that L appears in preview for episode 25:

Spoiler for screenshot:
Old 2007-03-30, 17:35   Link #64
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
It's totally pointless to speculate.
The numbers are in SHINIGAMI YEARS, so it could mean anything.
Indeed, anyone could spend years trying to work it out, and in the end be right back at the beginning. I'm sure its that way for a reason.
Old 2007-03-30, 20:02   Link #65
Samurai Edge
Swords and Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashCE View Post
So can you explain the scene with the Death Note, Light, Rem and Ryuk?
This is what I understood.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-30, 20:25   Link #66
obentou
Maximum7/Ossu

I love how the police cars in Japan (or at least in Death Note) are Nissan Skylines with spoilers... ahahaha!
Old 2007-03-30, 21:43   Link #67
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Or, to be more specific, Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec IIs (BNR34). And the thing is, I think they DO exist in Japan; if I remember correctly, they're designed to chase down hashiriyas with high-powered cars down the Wangan Line.

Old 2007-03-31, 14:24   Link #68
obentou
Maximum7/Ossu

Interesting, never knew that.
Old 2007-03-31, 16:22   Link #69
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

I'm in awe of this series, There's nothing right now that compares to it and that episode was so beyond phenomenal I'm struggling trying to find the words to describe it...The presentation of almost everything in this episode is brilliant...I could go point for point explaining everything but it's evident almost everyone agrees...Yagami is cocky and evil, yet is deserving of his victory from this episode..The flashbacks explaining what we didn't know was seemless and makes the detour of this arc all worth it...You can see that the people behind this show love it and aren't compromising the integrity of it in any way...I heard the slight complaining about this arc and I couldn't disagree more (It was excellent), at this point with the DEATHNOTE now in L's possession and Rem exposed, for this show to still have endless avenues for story and surprises fathoms me...

The highlight of this episode for me was when Yagami told Ryruk "Long time, no see.." and Ryruk responds in his always cordial snicker (Followed by a great illustration of him standing over Misa and Light)...The atmosphere just shows you how much Ryruk really loves this guy, and why the DEATHNOTE has probably had no-greater owner...
Old 2007-03-31, 16:33   Link #70
darkjester
Desu Desu Desu!!!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to darkjester Send a message via MSN to darkjester Send a message via Yahoo to darkjester
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
I'm in awe of this series, There's nothing right now that compares to it and that episode was so beyond phenomenal I'm struggling trying to find the words to describe it...The presentation of almost everything in this episode is brilliant...I could go point for point explaining everything but it's evident almost everyone agrees...Yagami is cocky and evil, yet is deserving of his victory from this episode..The flashbacks explaining what we didn't know was seemless and makes the detour of this arc all worth it...You can see that the people behind this show love it and aren't compromising the integrity of it in any way...I heard the slight complaining about this arc and I couldn't disagree more (It was excellent), at this point with the DEATHNOTE now in L's possession and Rem exposed, for this show to still have endless avenues for story and surprises fathoms me...

The highlight of this episode for me was when Yagami told Ryruk "Long time, no see.." and Ryruk responds in his always cordial snicker (Followed by a great illustration of him standing over Misa and Light)...The atmosphere just shows you how much Ryruk really loves this guy, and why the DEATHNOTE has probably had no-greater owner...

*sniff....

beautifully put... Cheers to DeathNote!!!!! huzzahs all around to Light...

i give an apple to everybody... remember they're "Juicy" so dig in!!!

p.s.
as u can see my favorite part of the episode is the apple part... lol...
Old 2007-03-31, 16:38   Link #71
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
I give an apple to everybody... remember they're "Juicy" so dig in!!!
I think the term from Ryruk's mouth was "Jewwwww-sheeee..." xD
Old 2007-04-01, 01:53   Link #72
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Send a message via AIM to EadTaes Send a message via MSN to EadTaes
I have been rewatching the episodes and I think i spoted a critical flaw in Lights plan. It nothign he could realy control thou. I dunno if the flaw is a spoiler or not since I dont read the manga yet but it coudl get L back on Lights trail. So just to be safe i will use the spoiler and would be nice if a person reading the manga could tell me if i hitted paydirt or not.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-01, 02:18   Link #73
akoftroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EadTaes View Post
I have been rewatching the episodes and I think i spoted a critical flaw in Lights plan. It nothign he could realy control thou. I dunno if the flaw is a spoiler or not since I dont read the manga yet but it coudl get L back on Lights trail. So just to be safe i will use the spoiler and would be nice if a person reading the manga could tell me if i hitted paydirt or not.

Spoiler:
L figuring that out doesn't mean anything for anybody. And even if it did, it's impossible for L to know that nobody on earth was killed with the Death Note during those 15 days. The only important thing with the fake rules is that it proves Light/Misa couldn't be Kira because if they were, they'd be dead.
Old 2007-04-01, 22:31   Link #74
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
First let me say whoever did not give this episode a perfect 10 may your name be written in the death note for an very painful death LOL.

You know its been a long time since a character in an anime honestly scared the shit out of me. Light has accomplished that the way he said "I win" right after touching the death note and getting his memories back was scary as hell. Not to the mention that laugh yep the evil laugh is back and Ryuk seemed to take pleasure in the fact that Light was also back in action. The way he planned this from the beginning is a master piece I could not fathom how far Light would go to win but to do this maybe he should be ruler of the world.

Misa what can i say your cute in love and very simple minded. However the whole reduce you life by half thing confused me she already made the deal half your life plus half your life again equals your total life. So how the hell is she still alive? I guess well find out in due time.

All i can say about the next episode is L i love ya man and if the quotes from the preview are right. You will be missed buddy maybe you can tangle with Light again in your next life.
Old 2007-04-02, 00:27   Link #75
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
First let me say whoever did not give this episode a perfect 10 may your name be written in the death note for an very painful death LOL.
But it was so far from perfect.

Last edited by Quajafrie; 2007-04-02 at 00:46.
Old 2007-04-02, 03:18   Link #76
ThoHell

LOL, perfect or not it was good and with the preview of 25, it makes you can't wait. And I can't wait because 25 is out NOW NOW NOW, and I'm donwloading....can't wait to watch! Oh, and it's not in raw it's already subbed!!!!!

Last edited by ThoHell; 2007-04-02 at 03:35.
Old 2007-04-02, 05:36   Link #77
Samurai Edge
Swords and Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
LOL, perfect or not it was good and with the preview of 25, it makes you can't wait. And I can't wait because 25 is out NOW NOW NOW, and I'm donwloading....can't wait to watch! Oh, and it's not in raw it's already subbed!!!!!
April Fool. I believed and went to checked
Old 2007-04-02, 06:51   Link #78
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quajafrie View Post
But it was so far from perfect.
To you, maybe.

Not that I'm saying it is, but I do think this episode deserves a hell of a lot more credit than you seem willing to give out. Ah, whatever.
Old 2007-04-02, 07:47   Link #79
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai Edge View Post
April Fool. I believed and went to checked
....took me a bit to figure it out too!
Old 2007-04-02, 09:17   Link #80
Setsuchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Misa what can i say your cute in love and very simple minded. However the whole reduce you life by half thing confused me she already made the deal half your life plus half your life again equals your total life. So how the hell is she still alive? I guess well find out in due time.
No no,not her total life. Let's say the first time she still had 60 years to live. By reducing it by half you get 30 years. Second time it was reduced by half again so that makes it 15 years to live. ^^
Closed Thread