AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto (Season Two) - Episode 14-16 Rating
Perfect 10 25 19.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 13.95%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 10.08%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 6.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 9.30%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.55%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 3.10%
3 out of 10 : Bad 10 7.75%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 3.10%
1 out of 10 : Painful 33 25.58%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-18, 18:24   Link #121
Black Phoenix
Photography is my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVN.Chaos View Post
Agreed. Not only that, she at least wanted to confess her love (but, well, considered that she had three whole year and did nothing, it's like she was asking for someone to take the guy)
Yeap! She was asking for that, as she stated for 10 years had been together but never had really taken the step. Too bad, you lost for his sister!
Old 2013-08-18, 18:28   Link #122
VORTIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Well what's worse. Going for the reprehensible ending, or copping out of it due to pressure from your publishers?
With the title, premise, and everything it entails, particularly in Japan where there's no small market for little sister media, it's pretty silly both to single Fushimi-sensei out for writing to a known demographic and pretending that his publishers were blind-sided by his plot direction and had to somehow "shut him down". The publishers are quite knowingly and deliberately balancing their ability to market an incest story with their desire to avoid a big scandal. I'm sure both Fushimi and the publisher were both interested in taking things just as far as they thought they could go. The last thing Fushimi or Dengeki Bunko want is to end up on some Tokyo Municipal black list.

Quote:
The author lost all his integrity by caving into the pressure.
If you write a story that will not be released, or will be banned, what's the point of writing it? You write a story to share your thoughts or feelings with the world. If it's killed dead on your doorstep, then you've communicated nothing. It's not exactly a happy ending, but it's quite possibly the happiest ending two incestuous, underage lovers could ever have, at least in the short term. From what I've read in interviews with Fushimi-sensei, I think that's the whole point. They chose their love, and now they have to deal with it, and society isn't going to make it easy.
Old 2013-08-18, 18:34   Link #123
Black Phoenix
Photography is my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VORTIA View Post
If you write a story that will not be released, or will be banned, what's the point of writing it? You write a story to share your thoughts or feelings with the world. If it's killed dead on your doorstep, then you've communicated nothing. It's not exactly a happy ending, but it's quite possibly the happiest ending two incestuous, underage lovers could ever have, at least in the short term. From what I've read in interviews with Fushimi-sensei, I think that's the whole point. They chose their love, and now they have to deal with it, and society isn't going to make it easy.
Can't agree more. That was my sensation in the ending, as I stated in my post:
"I think that this ending was the possible one, because of everything that was implied in the Manga / Anime / LN."

In that case I'm satisfied. Of course I'd preferred a better all around ending, with more details that this one, but from the writer point of view he left lot's of flags during all the Anime/LN showing that nothing will return to the way things were in the beginning of the "life consulting".
Old 2013-08-18, 18:44   Link #124
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by VORTIA View Post
With the title, premise, and everything it entails, particularly in Japan where there's no small market for little sister media, it's pretty silly both to single Fushimi-sensei out for writing to a known demographic and pretending that his publishers were blind-sided by his plot direction and had to somehow "shut him down". The publishers are quite knowingly and deliberately balancing their ability to market an incest story with their desire to avoid a big scandal. I'm sure both Fushimi and the publisher were both interested in taking things just as far as they thought they could go. The last thing Fushimi or Dengeki Bunko want is to end up on some Tokyo Municipal black list.
I think it's a little frustrating that we live in a world where writing a story that isn't completely Puritanical can result in a huge scandal and is the sort of thing that authors feel the need to tiptoe around. It's fine to be offended by whatever offends you, since people have the right to feel however they want about whatever they want, but more people need to act like adults and accept that other people likewise have the right to express ideas that go against their sensibilities. Different people feel different ways about different things, an author shouldn't be peer pressured by mass groups of people just because he dares to condone ideas that stray outside the box of what society considers proper. But I suppose that ranting about political correctness making everyone feel as though they're walking on eggshells is another subject for another day.

(Note that I don't mean people complaining about stories that condone things like racism or bullying or purely destructive things like that - I wouldn't join in the protests myself, but I wouldn't really mind either. But when your main reason for raising a stink about something is that it's "icky," and the story isn't promoting hate but instead the 'wrong' kind of love - amongst two people that are above the age of consent by Japan's national law, at that - then that's the time one should just sit down, let the person write whatever they wish, and just ignore it if they don't like it.)

Last edited by Dr. Casey; 2013-08-18 at 19:11.
Old 2013-08-18, 18:50   Link #125
Mouretsu
Behemoth Tactical Soldier

I want to notate few things about Ayase now that I've read up few posts:

Spoiler:

Point number 2:

Spoiler:

I will have to go ahead and give this a 10/10 because of the last few sentences in my last spoiler. Excellent series. Twisted. Would love to see an OVA or some sort to ease up our minds.

The Collector's Edition for PS3 will come out at the end of September for those of you who don't know - standing at about 100-130 USD.

Last edited by Mouretsu; 2013-08-18 at 19:07.
Old 2013-08-18, 18:57   Link #126
VORTIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouretsu View Post
Spoiler:
I want to say that's a sub-plot in the light novel that just didn't make it into the anime.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-08-18 at 19:10. Reason: corrected quoted spoiler
Old 2013-08-18, 19:09   Link #127
Mouretsu

^ Can you correct my spoiler, please? I screwed up.

And yea, that did seem about right. Second season took a whole big turn and left us with ... unanswered questions. :/ ...

I hope they could at least close up those loose holes for once. This is one hell of a series I'd like to praise in my life time when I look back to it.
Old 2013-08-18, 19:09   Link #128
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
I want to say that's a sub-plot in the light novel that just didn't make it into the anime.
And I added : then what is the point of adding it in the first place? Another OVA?
Old 2013-08-18, 19:11   Link #129
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVN.Chaos View Post
And I added : then what is the point of adding it in the first place? Another OVA?
It may be covered in one of the audio dramas that will accompany the anime Blu-Rays/DVDs, or it may simply be an allusion to the novels so that you understand that this also happened but just couldn't be shown on-screen due to time constraints.
Old 2013-08-18, 19:26   Link #130
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Phoenix View Post
Kuroneko has their own manga, that covers the extra episodes in the first Season, the ones when Kirino was in the USA.

Look for Ore no Kouhai ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai.
Thank you! I hopefully can find it on one of the scan sites.
Old 2013-08-18, 19:38   Link #131
Mouretsu

Does the PSP game cover those loop holes in Kirino's route? Anyone played it?
Old 2013-08-18, 19:39   Link #132
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouretsu View Post
Does the PSP game cover those loop holes in Kirino's route? Anyone played it?
No, the PSP game does not cover to the end of the novel content, as they were written a few years ago.
Old 2013-08-18, 20:15   Link #133
Sakuratsuki

I have just finished the OVA's. Had something to do today so couldn't see it in the morning.

Well, firstly it is sad to see Oreimo ending. I enjoyed this story and I hope that Tsukasa will gives us another great story in the future.

I think the OVA's were really great. Although some scenes felt rushed. Like the kuroneko rejection and the wedding at the end. But I expected this because 3 episodes is not enough to cover volume 12.

I have read the novel so I am also a bit disappointed about the things they left out in this OVA's. Like the part of mikiagmi and mereru ring. Those things would have explained the ending a little bit better. However the ending scene with a smiling Kirino after kyousuke gave her a kiss on the cheek. Left me thinking like this:

It is not easy for both of them, going back to being normal siblings again despite mutually agreeing to do this. In other words the ending scenes told you the following message:

The words of Kirino and Kyousuke are clear (they want to go back being siblings again after they graduate). But their actions say something else. This is the feeling I get from the ending. And that is how life works. It is easy to say something but it is hard to put into practice.

Leaving that aside. I enjoyed this three ending episodes very much and the fight with manami was great. Respect for both of them they really have a good punch . Mike Tyson (in his old days) would be scared to fight them.

I give it a 10/10. I was a bit disappointed. But the kiss scene at the wedding deserved a 10/10.

Last edited by Sakuratsuki; 2013-08-18 at 20:25.
Old 2013-08-18, 20:19   Link #134
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

disappointed that followed LN instead of VN. always expecting it to come out then after the end I was like what a crappy ending, Kyo such a baka!
Old 2013-08-18, 20:23   Link #135
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisu View Post
disappointed that followed LN instead of VN.
The VNs are just spin-off games that have a whole bunch of alternate routes that branch off a much earlier point in the story. It was always impossible for them to follow those given how far the story had come since then. And besides, even then, what route would you follow anyway? They all had routes there.
Old 2013-08-18, 20:33   Link #136
mpt37

Quote:
Originally Posted by shironeko8 View Post
this was me the whole time:
Haha, that pretty much nails it for me too. I just felt confused for a lot of the reasons already mentioned. But I honestly think I would've been ok with everything that happened if it wasn't for Kyousuke's triumphant SSJ pose after his important lines...

Spoiler for Kyousuke SSJ1, SSJ2, SSJ3:

I know his screaming is nothing new but I just couldn't take anything seriously after seeing it 3 times, kinda killed the mood.
Old 2013-08-18, 20:43   Link #137
kniteowl

As a anime only watcher, I enjoyed the journey a lot more then the conclusion. The conclusion just didn't feel satisfactory, I don't know what was missing, maybe it was a little rushed, maybe they didn't give enough screen to how the supporting characters affected the main cast, I'm not exactly sure but overall as a series/franchise, it was a decent watch just to meet kuroneko and ayase.
Old 2013-08-18, 21:20   Link #138
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I was pretty much giving a standing ovation for the duration of Manami's screentime. Everything she said rang true... getting your confession rejected because the reasoning of the guy you like is that he loves his little sister? Or about that girl who just got in high school bragging that she's going out with her big brother? Think about it in real life; hearing those kind of things truly is 'disgusting'.

Oh yeah, that gut punch was truly satisfying. Kirino pretty much parading Kyousuke as her war trophy really wasn't helping her image in that scene. Final boss indeed.

As for a lot of people saying Manami got what's coming for her, all I can say is "meh, whatever." While Manami would like nothing but to be Kyousuke's girlfriend, more important for her is for Kyousuke not to go to the 'dark side'. Her willingness to even set aside her feelings and even 'nominate' Ayase as his girlfriend just goes to show that what she did, she did because an 'anything end' is better than a 'wincest end', even if she loses in those scenarios.

If she really were as 'evil' or 'manipulative' as some people claim her to be, she could've just very well just told their father anyway about their relationship out of bitterness of being rejected. THAT would have certainly ended that relationship, but we all know that didn't happen. As I see it, Manami really only had what she thought was Kyousuke's best interest in mind , even ahead of her's, right up until the very last moment.

Yeah, THAT is exactly what osananjimi is all about. Kyousuke's loss for not seeing it, though I am glad he did do the right thing and at the very least gave Manami closure for her feelings.

Although I am thoroughly confused at the end. Their 'lover' relationship will only last till they graduate and they'll be back to becoming normal siblings like Manami was adamant for them to be? Like what, I'm confused about that... if they're going for True Incest End why didn't they go all the way?

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2013-08-18, 21:28   Link #139
Lumine
Band Army Member

Everything was going fine until Kirino went full "LOL U MAD BRO? U MAD?!" on Manami, it was expecting that to happen to her someday but I never thought about Manami being the one kick her from her high cloud

Bravo
Old 2013-08-18, 21:34   Link #140
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Great, Kyousuke Kousaka, the heartbreaker! Bravo! An applause to this gutsy fellow!

No, screw that. You don't deserve Ruri. You broke her heart TWICE. And now I have to comfort her.

Anyway, I haven't watched everything yet (just the story in parts), so I'll get back to you shortly. But hell, this watch would be a masochistic nightmare to me.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Closed Thread