AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-01-15, 17:06   Link #41
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Frost View Post
I wonder how the manga has touched on the subject.
I know the anime has changed a lot from the manga, making the anime a new story with added material. I don't know for sure because i haven't read a lot of the manga, though Ouri and the cat may just be new material.
Old 2009-01-15, 23:11   Link #42
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Well episode 2 was certainly disappointing...One thing that the show had going for it, well animated action scenes, went down the tubes...

Blurry still images where you can barely tell whats going on instead is what we got this time...bah...

On the upside I've already warmed up to our new Ero-monk...Not so much his hime, but I'm holding out hope his second one is a step-up from the idiot he has now.

One last note...I usually don't get bothered by the VA work in this show like SB does, but god was Genpaku's hime beyond awful oy this episode...Heres hoping they can manage to get this thing turned around because right now it just feels like the whole show lost alot of steam with Kensei's death...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 09:43   Link #43
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Not a surprise that activity going around this thread has dropped to lukewarm temperature. After all, the beginning episodes to season two have been dull or long-winded for the most part.

It makes me wonder where exactly the animation staff is heading on this show?
I mean just take a look and see many subplots are popping up, which the most important relate to Makina-Keisei issues, Makina issues, Ouri issues, other Shikabane issues, and, lastly, Akasha issues.

Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 09:45   Link #44
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Not a surprise that activity going around this thread has dropped to lukewarm temperature. After all, the beginning episodes to season two have been dull or long-winded for the most part.
No it's because a lot of people don't watch this show raw.
Old 2009-01-20, 19:53   Link #45
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
No it's because a lot of people don't watch this show raw.
Ha,ha,ha...

I got your point and should have realized it, since I'm one of the many viewers, who watch this show, hindered by the language barrier, as well.

In any case, I do agree with serenade_beta and you regarding the fanservice in this season.
Spoiler:
Old 2009-01-22, 00:00   Link #46
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep4:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-23, 20:45   Link #47
ChibiGoku
FightingMagic Founder

Looks like FUNimation went straight into episode 1 of Kuro, despite not announcing it initially. You can find it here. Oddly, it's listed as season 1...
ChibiGoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 18:45   Link #48
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Well s_b already covered my major gripe with episode 3...Ouri and Makina's story just seems to be going in circles here. If these characters were more interesting with more depth then moving the narrative in this fashion might work and show the pain of moving on from their shared past...But ya know when you try it with ones that have about as much depth as a puddle it really just comes off as annoying.

Meh rest was alright though...With Keisei gone atleast the secondary cast is managing to pick up some of the emotional slack and I'm actually looking forward to next episode centering on Genpaku.

Hopefully it I'll throttle back on the rampant fan-service thats emerged this season though...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

Old 2009-01-25, 07:51   Link #49
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I still like the show mainly for its fanservice now. The girls and the crazier and crazier fanservice. Fresh is just so absurd in every aspect :ahem:

But yeah, Ouri/Makina's story is just going into circles. If I had to materialize it, it'd be the third circle so far.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-25, 08:15   Link #50
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
But yeah, Ouri/Makina's story is just going into circles. If I had to materialize it, it'd be the third circle so far.
Indeed. At the moment i'm a lot more interested in Takamasa and Itsuki's development. Looking forward to seeing their past unfold in episode four.
Old 2009-01-25, 08:20   Link #51
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
I still like the show mainly for its fanservice now. The girls and the crazier and crazier fanservice. Fresh is just so absurd in every aspect :ahem:

Agreed, though you should admit that Itsuki and her priest's arc is interesting ... in a non-absurd way
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-25, 20:27   Link #52
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiGoku View Post
Looks like FUNimation went straight into episode 1 of Kuro, despite not announcing it initially. You can find it here. Oddly, it's listed as season 1...
Awesome, I had no idea what they were going to do. Thanks for the heads up.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 06:16   Link #53
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
I wonder what do you find good about this? The fact that they jumped into the fan-service intensive part of the series completely ignoring the story?
The series is not ignoring the story, what are you on about?
Old 2009-01-26, 07:18   Link #54
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
The series is not ignoring the story, what are you on about?
Oops! A mistake from my part, I assumed that they "jumped" into the second season without finishing the first, but I obviously misunderstood
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 23:41   Link #55
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

zzzzzzzz....
Spoiler for ep5:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-29, 19:15   Link #56
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

This week has now move on with discussion of episode five, when I haven't still post my comments for episode 4.

Geez, I'm such a lazy bum.

Spoiler:
Old 2009-01-31, 09:00   Link #57
Jarppa

What is that insert song that starts at 20.47 at ep 4. sounds cool
Jarppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-31, 15:23   Link #58
Lewin Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
This week has now move on with discussion of episode five, when I haven't still post my comments for episode 4.

Geez, I'm such a lazy bum.

Spoiler:
I would describe the last bit a bit different.
Spoiler:

Anyway the philosophies in the shows annoy me. Unnatural my ass... They aren`t human anymore okay. (though that depends on your definition of a human) But as long as they have their contractor priest they have normal feelings and act and think quite normal. Since they don`t have the urge to kill humans like the normal shikabane the only reason to treat them different than normal humans is that they can regenerate and are super strong but that are stupid reasons. I wouldn`t change my mind as easily as Takamasa.
Meh going to a forum to critize the opinion of fictional characters cause I can`t talk with the character himself is quite stupid...
Lewin Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-01, 04:05   Link #59
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Well atleast episode 4 had a half interesting story , but it deserved better then being compressed and crammed into one episode...Heck if they had spent the effort and expanded genpaku's character abit he woulda made for a far better lead then what we got...Oh well.

Atleast now that we have a kensei reappearance, albeit a fake, hopefully the story can finally move forward with makina finally getting out of infinite loop hell...

That is...

Old 2009-02-01, 17:21   Link #60
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post

Atleast now that we have a kensei reappearance, albeit a fake, hopefully the story can finally move forward with makina finally getting out of infinite loop hell...
Spoiler:

Tags
action, horror, shounen