AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 29 31.52%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 28.26%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 17.39%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 17.39%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.17%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.09%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.17%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-02-10, 21:16   Link #101
Kagedanji
Doughy goodness. I think.

Something I found funny; Misaka apparently fails at math. Magical spear wielding magicians, though, prove to be better.
Old 2009-02-10, 21:44   Link #102
zero7090

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagedanji View Post
Something I found funny; Misaka apparently fails at math. Magical spear wielding magicians, though, prove to be better.
so how misaka go from lv 1 to lv 5 ?

anyway
Spoiler for .:
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 21:47   Link #103
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
So maybe that explains why Touma looks as if he is feeling down upon seeing Misaka writing down answers for his Maths. He probably got the idea of "does this girl even know what she's doing? moreover, it's my assignment here!!!" or something like that.

Or maybe there was a different reason... I think.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 22:31   Link #104
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by dago2682 View Post
You´re right about that but it isn´t necesarily a bad thing,i´m enjoing this show as it is and besides the fact that the show is giving Index so little screen time is a good change because is unexpected.
Maybe not. The way they've handled Index's character isn't the worst thing this show has done. But she has been pretty much pointless since after the end of the first arc (even in the second arc, she was pretty much a plot device). I suspect it's just a case of the producers knowing their audience. They probably think (correctly) that the audience wants to see more of Misaka than Index. They're just giving the people what they want.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 23:10   Link #105
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Something I found funny; Misaka apparently fails at math.
What are you talking about? She was able to easily solve Touma's homework--that's why he got so depressed.
Old 2009-02-11, 00:15   Link #106
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Toaru Majutsu no Index. The OP/ED makes such a big deal out of her. Supposed to be the main heroine(?).
Yet she just doesn't do anything.
Simple as that. Sure, it's fine if you think she can be this way, but there are Index fans and people just realizing that the great Index appears for 1/4 of the series and still tries to be a heroine in the OP/ED or something of that sort.

And on a more story-focused view, Index isn't any better, leeching off of Touma and biting him instead of giving him thanks or what she should.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Still don't see why she has to do more, but ah well i see there's no point in me voicing my opinion anymore on this subject.
I agree. There is no point in her having to do more as she'll prob serve as a reference source for Touma like in this ep. There's at lease one more mage to go so she'll prob be more active then. Plus there has to be a relationship development with those 2 since they are living in the same apartment. She is also suppose to be in hiding. So doing more would be counterproductive to that part of the storyline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Maybe not. The way they've handled Index's character isn't the worst thing this show has done. But she has been pretty much pointless since after the end of the first arc (even in the second arc, she was pretty much a plot device). I suspect it's just a case of the producers knowing their audience. They probably think (correctly) that the audience wants to see more of Misaka than Index. They're just giving the people what they want.
Given that the real fanservicey shots have been of Index and not Misaka, I think that the audience wants to see more of Index.

They've already seen most of Kaori now.
Old 2009-02-11, 00:45   Link #107
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
LOL, romantice development. I don't know about you but while I do see Index fancying a romance with Touma, from what I can tell Touma himself seems to treat her more like a younger sibling. And really, their relationship does come off as rather sibling-esque, what with the teasing and the biting.

Besides, we all know Touma doesn't give much of a crap about romance.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 04:26   Link #108
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Given that the real fanservicey shots have been of Index and not Misaka, I think that the audience wants to see more of Index.
That's rather silly assumption. Not always what audience want to see more is what they get. Look at School Rumble. The anime just like manga tries to push Tenma's as the main heroine idea, heck anime even cut most of Eri and some Yakumo stuff, while it is obvious that majority of audience do not give a damn about Tenma and want more of Eri and Yakumo goodness.

Index seems to be similar in that way - she gets her focus and shots simply because she is considered to be main heroine even if voting polls and popularity may stand against her.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-12, 23:19   Link #109
orion

Well they wouldn't have gone out of their way if someone wasn't asking for it. Maybe they are trying to channel Kannagi into this. Blue-haired goddess livng with regular guy. Blue-haired nun living with regular guy. Goddess gets fanservice pics. Nun gets fanservice pics.

There's nothing sibling about their interaction. He got aroused in the beach episode. He got a nosebleed in this one.
Old 2009-02-12, 23:41   Link #110
Tokkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
He got a nosebleed in this one.
Check again, he woke up with the nosebleed. I'd wake up with a nosebleed too if I were sleeping in an environment as humid as a bathroom.

Quote:
He got aroused in the beach episode.
Please tell me where? Between paying mostly no attention to her at the beginning beach scene to gaping in total disgust at the swimsuit his dad picked out for Shiina-Index, I see no arousal.
Old 2009-02-13, 02:42   Link #111
Plant42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Please tell me where? Between paying mostly no attention to her at the beginning beach scene to gaping in total disgust at the swimsuit his dad picked out for Shiina-Index, I see no arousal.
Ok then how about this

He blush when looking at her closely.

Plant42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-13, 02:57   Link #112
Tokkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plant42 View Post
Ok then how about this

He blush when looking at her closely.

Blushing doesn't exactly equal arousal. Blushing is sometimes associated with being in love, but is mostly a response to embarrassment. And I'd be embarrassed too if some little girl was going to give me what is most likely a goofy looking hat.

Last edited by Tokkan; 2009-02-13 at 03:25.
Old 2009-02-13, 14:07   Link #113
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Blushing doesn't exactly equal arousal. Blushing is sometimes associated with being in love, but is mostly a response to embarrassment. And I'd be embarrassed too if some little girl was going to give me what is most likely a goofy looking hat.
Blushing is usually a sign of arousal just like nosebleeds.

He is a straight teen guy and he goes home to a girl every night. Sibling thoughts are just not going to be on the agenda.
Old 2009-02-13, 17:46   Link #114
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Blushing is usually a sign of arousal just like nosebleeds.

He is a straight teen guy and he goes home to a girl every night. Sibling thoughts are just not going to be on the agenda.
A loli girl who bites holes in his skin on a regular basis. With that, no memory of why she's there in the first place, and having to sleep in the bathtub, an imagine breaker to the face would be closer to what I'd be expecting...
Old 2009-02-13, 23:49   Link #115
orion

Yet, he lets her stay there, buys her food and gives her his shirt to sleep in. In some cases, he gets a fanservice shot of her if he's quiet enough. He also knows what she looks like in a tiny bikini. He's prob not thinking anything related to sibling thoughts. That's why he's in the bathroom and not on the floor in the same room.
Old 2009-02-18, 14:50   Link #116
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
i found it touching in the end of the Ep Misaka all red because of Toma answer. No matter what he said you could tell by Misaka reaction it was something epic!