AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-02, 14:59   Link #41
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

The first pic of Madoka in the manga was misleading (very dark tone for the hair). But I'm incredibly biased towards girls with purple hair (Maya Natsume, Ayane (DOA), Mokoto Kusanagi).

Yeah, Vera doesn't strike me as the type to wear thongs either...lol

But now with Rud and Guhoo, these two are more similar than they are willing to admit. Rud overcame a weakened body and the limitations of a supposedly inferior art to become one of the top 10 in the school for the chance to avenge AniChella. Now Vera's blocking them from fighting because she knows that Rud's incredibly driven to beat Guhoo. And Guhoo follows Vera wherever. He's not a leader, he's a follower, but he's a good follower and Vera trusts that.

And Honse...powerhouse of the 'traditionalists'. He's freakin' awesome.
Old 2009-04-05, 09:10   Link #42
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Spoiler for More answers (hopefully):
Spoiler for Vera and yoori:

Quote:
Spoiler for .:
Spoiler for Madoka:

Quote:
Chapter 28's out. Pondering the new info as I type... And DAMN...this is a nice development. We finally know who Anichella is and the reason for the animosity between Guhoo and Rud. So they are planning a war against the Student Council...I wonder if Madoka returning has something to do with that as well...
It was a very interesting chapter. So Guhoo is the one who killed a girl that rub possibly loved. I see why Rud wants to kill him

Quote:
And Honse...powerhouse of the 'traditionalists'. He's freakin' awesome.
I have not fully understood what is the deal about honse. I should reread the old chapters.

IIRC, he was a strong fighter right? I may be mistaken but Vera did say that he was the second most powerful person in the school behind her, right?

Then why does everyone treat him like a piece of trash? I don't really understand... They are not aware of his past?
Old 2009-04-05, 10:00   Link #43
Yorae_paladin1

yeah maybe they are not aware of honse skills
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Old 2009-04-05, 11:03   Link #44
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Honse was the 3rd strongest overall, just beneath AniChella (Rud's oneesan) and then Vera. Honse modified many skills to be used against Reunion's standardized martial arts with surprising results. He's the one who researched the 'Half-Step' technique to use against Reunion. Honse isn't stupid, he just acts that way to keep under the radar. He still has a lot of pull becaue of Rud and Jeeha backing him.

The reason he's being treated like that is because he can no longer utilize any ki so he can't fight anymore. But what he knows is a gold mine.

Spoiler for Yoori and Vera:

Spoiler for Madoka:

Last edited by Tempest35; 2009-04-05 at 13:33.
Old 2009-04-05, 13:17   Link #45
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

anyone know how many vols this is up to in korea?

http://sining83.blogspot.com
Old 2009-04-05, 13:22   Link #46
AnymX

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
anyone know how many vols this is up to in korea?
Currently there are up to 8 volumes.
Old 2009-04-05, 18:50   Link #47
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Honse was the 3rd strongest overall, just beneath AniChella (Rud's oneesan) and then Vera. Honse modified many skills to be used against Reunion's standardized martial arts with surprising results. He's the one who researched the 'Half-Step' technique to use against Reunion. Honse isn't stupid, he just acts that way to keep under the radar. He still has a lot of pull becaue of Rud and Jeeha backing him.

The reason he's being treated like that is because he can no longer utilize any ki so he can't fight anymore. But what he knows is a gold mine.
Thanks a lot for the explanation I didn't know that he can no longer utilize ki. Do you know why

Quote:
Spoiler for Madoka:
Spoiler for FD/madoka:
Old 2009-04-05, 19:20   Link #48
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

from what I recall its not been explained yet why Honse can't use Ki but I do believe he did to himself.

Now I wouldn't expect Madoka to go all moe-eyed lovey dovey over Ganryong but I wouldn't mind her taking a kinda fondness towards him, then maybe later develop that abit further.
If there has to be someone to fill that role then I want it to be her
Old 2009-04-05, 22:46   Link #49
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I'd certainly vote for Madoka over Vera. Vera doesn't like him because he isn't Yoochun/L.T. - it would be 'weak' to have Vera suddenly fall for him after he beats her up. Madoka doesn't get easily offended around him, she has the maturity to see through his gruff personality - I doubt if she gets refused about anything, especially considering what she wears when she's not in school uniform.

Madoka would have had all of Reunion mad at her if Ganryong actually went along with whatever her idea was.

As for Honse, the story is conflicted: He says that Reunion destroyed his ki center, Vera says that he closed off his ki center himself. Either way, they lost a very valuable fighter.
Old 2009-04-06, 00:21   Link #50
balmung5000
SK;IN

this is one of my
fav new mangas out there
i love the art and
the chars are great too
my fav is rud
Old 2009-04-06, 00:42   Link #51
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Well this manga is far from being my favorite manga. Its like Break blade, you dont like it that much, but your curiousity is whats keeping you from stop reading it.
Old 2009-04-06, 08:39   Link #52
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Well, the art is good, can't complain about that. Story-wise, it is not the best, I'll admit - but props on the EOTL concept though. A martial art that utilizes lightning is just plain awesome.
Old 2009-04-07, 04:00   Link #53
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

My only gripe is that the story moves veeeeery slowly

http://sining83.blogspot.com
Old 2009-04-09, 16:36   Link #54
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Chapter 29 is out. So there are a lot of factions in the story but not enough spotlight on them for us to decide anything about them.

The 9 Dragons - we know a few of them but the last two are hard to determine. Madoka knows them and she befriended them, but I don't think she's with the group itself.
Old 2009-04-09, 17:12   Link #55
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Chapter 29 is out. So there are a lot of factions in the story but not enough spotlight on them for us to decide anything about them.

The 9 Dragons - we know a few of them but the last two are hard to determine. Madoka knows them and she befriended them, but I don't think she's with the group itself.
yea I'm thinking that too, she seems like she is sitting on the fence but would most likely side with Vera when it comes down to it.

she a very fickle lass she is, ...woman

but damn the art is very good with this series, Madoka could very well be my new no1 lass as "prettiest lass in manga"
Kurohime from Kurohime has that topspot atm

oh yea forgot about this before but the cover of vol 6 is soooooo outta place, lol I would never believe she could actually smile but still very very cute

well moar to the point bring me, my VERA WITH WHINNIE THE POOH PANTIES!!!
Old 2009-04-09, 18:13   Link #56
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

We should withhold final judgement on Madoka until we actually see her fight. :3 And she's only one year older than him...yummy.

Right now, I think that Madoka is one of those people that will follow the person rather than the organization. If she believes that the person deserves her loyalty, she'll go with them, regardless of whichever 'side' she's on. Ma Ganryong's similar but he'd rather go his OWN way rather than follow anyone else except Yoochun/L.T.

And Shinra's on edge...XD Love it.

But now I must ponder what 'Elder Wood' was talking about to Fire Dragon. I now understand how Madoka was going to get him out - using Elder Wood's influence, she was going to arrange to have him leave the school under his protection, and using Yoochun's name to get Ganryong to go along with him.
Old 2009-04-09, 18:52   Link #57
Narona
Emotionless White Face

This chapter was great. We get some new pieces of infos

I was so wrong about Fire Dragon and this other guy (Elder Wood). Fire Dragon would have let ma Ganryong to leave the school. To bad Ma Ganryong refused =< I Guess Elder Wood would have helped him about the EOLT art =( As I was thinking, I was sure that somebody will say that "Ma Ganryong is like Yoocheon (Now I wonder if Vera will also fall in love with him if he ever fights her and win, it would be funny =p) That's a bit cliché "the apprentice who resembles to the master" =D

And apparently Yoori is still alive, but unable to be the leader of the Heaven's Riches? I guess she is badly injured.

And Fire Dragon is planning to harm Vera o___o That was unexpected. So is that the role of Mr. Masked Man?

I do think that Madoka or that "paul" guy are maybe part of the 9 Dragons. Or maybe Vera =D No that's impossible, just kidding.

Random comment: I dislike Shinra

Random comment 2: Madoka was beautiful in those pages
Old 2009-04-09, 19:52   Link #58
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Man, it's almost a bit confusing as to what is going on =_=. Still alot of interesting info these past two chaps. I wonder if Rud, Jeeha, and Honse are planning a 'coup de'tat' of sorts, which is why they need 6 student council members.

So there's another faction to Heaven's Riches. If FD is concerned that Vera's going to join them and fight against Yuri, it's understandable that he'd be worried. Maybe I need to reread some more, because I'm not sure exactly what Heaven's Riches is, other than that it's the fighting style Vera uses.

Wonder why Honse is part of the Nine Dragons?What I mean is, if the Nine Dragons are supposed to be some kind of powerful force[for whatever reason], why the hell did Honse allow two normal students join?

And Gangryong is STILL looking at that coffee pot ?

Quote:
And Shinra's on edge...XD Love it.

But now I must ponder what 'Elder Wood' was talking about to Fire Dragon. I now understand how Madoka was going to get him out - using Elder Wood's influence, she was going to arrange to have him leave the school under his protection, and using Yoochun's name to get Ganryong to go along with him.
She was scowling a bit TOO much >_>. In just about every panel .

I didn't see that angle, of Madoka using EW to get him out of the school, so thanks for pointing it out .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
And Fire Dragon is planning to harm Vera o___o That was unexpected. So is that the role of Mr. Masked Man?

I do think that Madoka or that "paul" guy are maybe part of the 9 Dragons. Or maybe Vera =D No that's impossible, just kidding.

Random comment: I dislike Shinra

Random comment 2: Madoka was beautiful in those pages
From what I understand, I thought he was trying to prevent some family successor issues between Vera and Yuri by stopping Vera in some way.

@comment: Well, I just love her. She's such a ***** .
Old 2009-04-09, 23:24   Link #59
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

What we know so far...

It's actually a lot of politics going on in the background. I'm familiar with marital art lineages and the like and this is pretty normal for what goes on behind the really big tournaments and schools/styles.

I'll try to draw parallels between Veritas and Tenjou Tenge since it's set up like that. Heaven's Riches is similar to the Takanayagi Family, meaning that they are the main house.

The 5 Heavenly Path Successors are similar to the 12 Feather Family heads that serve their respective main house. So far we know that the 5 paths corespond to the 5 Elements: Fire, Water, Wind, Earth, and Metal. These elements are used in Eastern culuture moreso than in Western culture. Thanks to that, we know 4 of the 5 Heavenly Path Successors:
Fire = JinYup/ Fire Dragon
Wood/Earth = Ancient Wood
Water = Liquid Shark
Metal = YooCheon/Lightning Tiger
Wind = Unknown

What has me confused is if Earth Beast was a member of the 5 Paths or not, especially since Fire Dragon refers to him as a 'fake'.

Heavenly Riches seems to focus on the 'Void' aspect - the hidden element that none can fully prove nor disprove. Yoori mentioned that in the ancient times, the family that has the Heaven Riches lineage aided five prominent families/lineages in exchange for their continued loyalty to their family alone. Up until Yoori Linus, the Heaven Riches family had not raised a successor worthy of becoming the true head of the family. It's bad because not only Yoori, but her little sister Vera is strong enough to fully understand and utilize the secrets of the Void techniques.

When Yoori tried to use her influnce, along with the artificial ki, to make herself a 'god', the successors of the Paths of Metal, Air, and Water broke away to battle against her idea, even though she had approval from the Elders Council, that governed them all, to do so. They constantly made strikes against Reunion's labs to set them back in making the artificial ki. Ancient Wood just put himself on the sidelines. Some time ago, L.T. managed the unthinkable - he defeated Yoori Linus the previously thought 'untouchable and unbeatable' leader/successor of Heaven's Riches. How he did this we don't know yet but because he defeated her, everyone fears L.T.

This is why Fire Dragon wants the EOTL breathing method - while L.T. didn't use any artificial ki, the self-ki cleansing method put him above someone who was thought to have nearly unlimited ki. If Fire Dragon could manage to learn how to purify all that artificial ki he's got - he'd be unstoppable and he knows it. It's also why he has Reunion put such a high price on it - imagine all that ki and it being purified...

This is why L.T. made Ganryong stare at that coffee pot - visualization of the ki-purifing process.

As for the other factions breaking away, from what Fire Dragon says, they either want to make Vera the new head of Heaven's Riches or they have something else planned altogether. Fire Dragon's surprisingly loyal to Yoori - he doesn't want anyone else trying to claim leadership of the Heaven's Riches family. He's worried since Yoori's in some kind of 'condition' that prevents her from actively participating, that Vera, along with all the new graduates who are incredibly strong in their own right, will try to muscle in Vera as the new named Successor to Heaven's Riches. Fortunately for him, there are the '9 Dragons'...

I don't know what kind of relationship the '9 Dragons' have with everyone other than they seem to be people who bear a grudge against Vera and Reunion as well but are willing to use and be used so they can become strong enough to challenge. Jeeha let a comment slip that they really needed a lightning attack for the dummies - a clue that they indeed could be planning to fight against Reunion. From clues, it's impossible that there are exactly 9 members - the idiots in the lower class don't seem like they are true members of 9D. This person, Paul, seems to be able to sway one of the one of the other remaining Council members to their side, meaning that he is also a member. Coincidently, there are 11 Council seats as well. To have majority, you need 6 - which makes more sense for Paul to say that he can sway one other person to their side. With Paul, Jeeha, and Rud on the council, plus Vera, Shinra, and now Madoka, we need to see the remaining 5 to see who's side they are on.

For now, these are the actual members of 9D that we know of:
1. Honse
2. Rud (Council)
3. Jeeha (Council)
4. Paul (Council - Away)
+
the 3 Stooges

1 Hidden one (possibly Madoka, but not)
1 Coming out of Iso
1 potential from Paul
=
10 + 1 if counting Ganryong

I don't have Madoka listed since she seems more in Vera's camp but she isn't wholly against 9D either. Ganryong might be the one to sway her if things come down to that.

Last edited by Tempest35; 2009-04-09 at 23:51.
Old 2009-04-10, 13:15   Link #60
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Thanks for that wonderful synopsis of the political structure of the manga! I didn't quite realize I missed so much . This is one of the reasons I don't like blazing through chapters all at once; not enough time for me to analysis them.

After reading this, I read through the manga from the beginning(well chp 3), and I see all of the things you mentioned. I laughed when Gangryong had a flashback about the ginseng and LT said if he found some he'd sell it as Honse did exactly that . Also, I wondered why Vera decided to punish Guhoo and Shinra, but not Rud and Jeeha? It feels like she lacks discipline when it comes to the latter two. It's almost seems kinda like she's digging her own grave as Shinra and Guhoo are gonna be locked away for 4 months while the Nine Dragons get ready to strike.

Did Honse teach Rud the Half-Step? I love Honse, since he's soooo amusing, but when it comes to Gangryong, i have a foreboding sense of distrust outta him for that. Then I'm reminded of what Madoka said about them going their own way. Makes me think he might not be siding with them for the entirety of whatever's gonna happen in the future.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, martial arts, shounen, supernatural