Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-06-10, 13:58   Link #1
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

iphone / itouch apps

Hi Guys,

been searching for some of the threads regarding iphone and itouch but i realise not many have gone into their apps.

wonder what kind of apps you guys have been purchasing or any good ones to recommend?
Ja-Y-Ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 14:23   Link #2
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I don't have an iphone... but a friend of mine who has got one keeps sending me Vogon poetry with one of her apps. (oye...)
Old 2009-06-10, 15:04   Link #3
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Some of the more neat and useful apps I've come across are the following:

Shazam: One of my favorites because I've always found myself pondering on what a certain song I hear on the radio is. What this app allows for one to do is hold up their iPhone to a speaker/or at a concert and it will analyze the song being played and name the song/artist for you. It also features links to iTunes Music Store to the song that was just anaylzed.

Starmap: Helps you find constellations and planets.

The Weather Channel: Pretty self-explanatory. Keeps track of the weather conditions so you can look them up while you're out and about.

Bargain Hunt: This is probably my personal favorite. You snap a picture of an item you may want to purchase while in a store. Then it'll search the internet to find prices that you can compare to the item you want to buy in the store.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 15:23   Link #4
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

I hardly use most of the third party applications on my iPhone, but I jailbroken my iPhone so I can customize it and use applications that will never be approved by Apple in the App Store (MMS (which is implemented in 3.0 firmware), Tetering apps (also implemented in 3.0), and etc)

The only appstore app I use the most is my Twitter client, Twitterific which is only useful if you use Twitter alot.
Old 2009-06-10, 23:24   Link #5
AnimePhantom
The Phantom of Anime

I use the weather channel app over the pre-installed iPhone weather app, it's much more accurate (at least for my area). I also have the iBowling, Live Poker and Cube Runner apps for killing time, but my absalute favorite apps right now would be Manic Marble and Done Drinking, both apps are very, very fun to play.
AnimePhantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 23:53   Link #6
alamarco
Why hello there!

Air Mouse: Allows the iPhone to act as a trackpad for the PC/Mac. Good for when watching videos when you have the PC/Mac connected to your TV.
BeejiveIM: Multi-IM client, the best out there. has a ton of features such as landscaping mode and more than likely will support push as soon as OS 3.0 comes out.
ESPN ScoreCenter: Best sports application. Just needs standings and it would be perfect. Probably my most used application.
Facebook: Self-explanatory
Joost: TV application, has some anime on there such as Bleach
alamarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-10, 21:20   Link #7
LynnieS

Not entirely sure if this also belongs in the "Strange news" thread.

LOL... A few guys at the Droga5 ad agency came up with what gets my vote for the "Fun iPhone App for 2009" category - if one actually exists - when they put together a small(?) campaign for Puma. It's a stock ticker-like applet that can track various - and most well-known - stock indices, and as the index drops, a Puma model *coughs* strips.

But just to their Puma bodywear, so there is no nudity involved! Nevertheless, it's likely not on any parent's Christmas list for his kids.

Youtube video (may not be NSFW due to models in underwear, but gender-friendly - mostly female models but one male one going topless):

Spoiler for Slightly catchy muzak, I guess:

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 03:39   Link #8
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

I don't know what it's called, but one of my friends at my university anime club has a catgirl app for his. She'll get all flustered and tsundere if you touch her and also appropriately changes outfits based on GPS data.

... the embarassing part is that this has actually led me to consider the iPhone much more seriously if I ever want to get a smartphone (the data rates and such in Canada are kind of ridiculous though).
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 12:25   Link #9
SSJiffy
AWWWSOME

I recommend:
Asphalt 4 -- good 3D racing game.
Bejeweled 2
FML -- always good for a laugh.
Galcon Lite -- nice space rts game.
Gift(JPN) Lite -- dating sim app.
Girl's*Break -- it's like breakout but with moe elements.
All the 'Papi' games are good.
SSJiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 18:22   Link #10
Safko

I don't use mine much but I downloaded some Storm8 games.
They're pretty fun that is if you're into games and such.
Lol you should get the fingerprint scanner. It's funny when people actually think you need your fingerprint to access your Itouch/ipod
Safko is offline   Reply With Quote