Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-10-16, 20:51   Link #241
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaku Emperor View Post
I dun think psysical maturity effects mind maturity...
Well, yes and no. 'Maturity' in the sense of comprehensive personality growth is definitely not determined by physical growth, but at the same time, your brain's development does help with aspects of personal maturation just because a brain that has formed many neural pathways over time is capable of functioning on higher levels than one that has not, and this process is helped along greatly by physical growth.
Old 2009-10-16, 23:18   Link #242
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyannew View Post
Needless to say we've swapped to Organic products, though the damage is partly done.
Be careful with this. Many of those products aren't as "all natural" as they appear.
Old 2009-12-02, 21:38   Link #243
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Controversy View Post
Well, yes and no. 'Maturity' in the sense of comprehensive personality growth is definitely not determined by physical growth, but at the same time, your brain's development does help with aspects of personal maturation just because a brain that has formed many neural pathways over time is capable of functioning on higher levels than one that has not, and this process is helped along greatly by physical growth.
That just means you have the potential, that's all. And potential isn't always realized.

(Sorry for the bump, I was searching something else and came across this, lol).
Old 2009-12-02, 22:12   Link #244
LeoXiao
思想工作

I am attracted to women and sometimes find aesthetic qualities in men (meaning they are good to look at). However this doesn't mean I am homosexual, but rather that to me there is beauty in both men and women.
Many people I know would say "it's all sexual" but while I agree with them, there is to it than that. For example, I might/would find a "hot" (big boobs and provocative behavior) girl to be attractive, but at the same time there might be a less "hot" but "prettier" girl who I would rate higher in terms of beauty, even if she were not voluptuous. The same goes for men, except I wouldn't necessarily find a "hot" man attractive, since I have little or no "direct" sexual attraction. Sure, it may be all sexual in the end (even the "aesthetic" qualities can be said to have sexual roots), but there is a difference that I don't think should be always ignored.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 22:33   Link #245
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
I am straight......but right now I'm not really interested in dating because of my hobbies. Guy friends get annoyed with me cause I never want to go out anywhere to have "fun" but to me "fun" is staying home and working on hobbies like arts and crafts and sewing. I barely have time to do all the things I want to do...let alone give my time to a boyfriend.

........ I guess you could say that I'm really self-centered..... I have met a couple fellow anime fans online and I'm pretty sure I'd be dating at least one of them if he lived closer.... From sixth grade all the way to today, once I DO meet someone, it seems like I'm constantly suffering from what I like to call: "The Kataomoi Curse". It's ALWAYS one-sided...either on his side or mine. I haven't had a mutual feelings relationship since high school and haven't crushed on anybody (in RL) for a couple of years. Like I said, I'm a bit too self-involved at the moment lol.

Quote:
Do you think it matters what sexuality you are?
Extremely. I'm Christian...

Last edited by Chiibi; 2009-12-02 at 22:45.
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 23:04   Link #246
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
o.O

I'm confused, how does your sexuality matter if you're Christian? o.O

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 23:07   Link #247
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
... Um, so? I'm Christian too and I don't let that cloud my opinion of people and their sexuality.
Old 2009-12-02, 23:07   Link #248
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
I affiliate myself with the Bi group, but I always go after women though. Haven't dated a guy, but messed around when i was in high school. I find the manliness of women to be very appealing to me. Yet it's strange that i find effeminate males attractive too. In terms of my behaviour, it's mostly a hybrid of masculinity and femanine qualities, or rather the term is eccentric. Most people often wonder what my preference is, I always tell them it's whatever they want me to be. For some reason i like to keep people guessing about my sexuality.

The problem i have with a lot of the homosexual people is that the ones i've come across are only interested in sex, and so far i have been right on the guys who try to talk to me, but girls seem slightly different, but they can be just as bad. the only way i'd ever date a guy, would be online or long distance all the same i guess.
Old 2009-12-02, 23:07   Link #249
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyannew View Post
o.O

I'm confused, how does your sexuality matter if you're Christian? o.O
It doesn't, necessarily. However, certain sects of Christianity believe that homosexuality is morally objectionable, for instance.

Edit: Also what RadiantBeam said.
Old 2009-12-02, 23:48   Link #250
blue skies
noch einmal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
The problem i have with a lot of the homosexual people is that the ones i've come across are only interested in sex, and so far i have been right on the guys who try to talk to me, but girls seem slightly different, but they can be just as bad. the only way i'd ever date a guy, would be online or long distance all the same i guess.
I know a lot of heterosexual people just like that. ;>

Just as there are gay men who are only interested in one thing, there are straight men who are only interested in one thing. There are promiscuous people of every race, gender, nationality and sexual orientation imaginable; it's not just unique to one. (Note! I am not lecturing you, I just felt like going off on a mini-tangent.)

If those boys are only in it for sex, they're not worth your time. There are better ones out there, I promise.
blue skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 23:51   Link #251
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
^never said there weren't. just speaking from my own experiances with the same sex.
Old 2009-12-02, 23:58   Link #252
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue skies View Post
I know a lot of heterosexual people just like that. ;>

Just as there are gay men who are only interested in one thing, there are straight men who are only interested in one thing. There are promiscuous people of every race, gender, nationality and sexual orientation imaginable; it's not just unique to one. (Note! I am not lecturing you, I just felt like going off on a mini-tangent.)

If those boys are only in it for sex, they're not worth your time. There are better ones out there, I promise.
One comment: it is, perhaps, made more obvious by more homosexual individuals. It's not that any one group is actually more promiscuous than any other, rather that due to the social oppression homosexuals endured and still endure to some extent, the resultant backlash of liberated sexuality is inevitably pronounced and celebratory.
Old 2009-12-03, 00:01   Link #253
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Generally I identify as straight, if only because so far in my life the only people I've been seriously attracted to and have dated are boys. I use the term 'generally' because even with that, I have to admit that some small part of me has been in love with my childhood friend, who is a girl, ever since I met her. I pretty much I know I have no chance with her, and as it is I just have some faint feelings for her; they aren't something I'd act on.
Old 2009-12-03, 00:10   Link #254
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
... Um, so? I'm Christian too and I don't let that cloud my opinion of people and their sexuality.
Oh no-I was only talking about me. Others can be whatever they are. I don't judge either. My uncle is gay and he and his partner are two of the nicest guys I know.
Old 2009-12-03, 08:24   Link #255
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
I think religion would influence your sexuality, as opposed to cloud your opinion. Although most Christians these days don't let their religion influence their sexuality, lol.

Quote:
Generally I identify as straight, if only because so far in my life the only people I've been seriously attracted to and have dated are boys. I use the term 'generally' because even with that, I have to admit that some small part of me has been in love with my childhood friend, who is a girl, ever since I met her. I pretty much I know I have no chance with her, and as it is I just have some faint feelings for her; they aren't something I'd act on.
But is it a sexual attraction or just love? Its different if you feel that way for one girl, and only one girl.
Old 2009-12-03, 08:31   Link #256
Edaniel
I fought the law

I'm pansexual, though I call myself bi to make it less confusing. I live in a pretty crappy small town, so my sexuality can get in the way sometimes.

I have a boyfriend, but I call him my girlfriend. He's uberfeminine and an AMAZING crossdresser. :3
Edaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 09:39   Link #257
Cipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edaniel View Post
I'm pansexual, though I call myself bi to make it less confusing. I live in a pretty crappy small town, so my sexuality can get in the way sometimes.

I have a boyfriend, but I call him my girlfriend. He's uberfeminine and an AMAZING crossdresser. :3
that is weird but fascinating. what's your boyfriend's sexuality?

On a side note, can a homosexual female be attracted to a homosexual male?
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 09:40   Link #258
Edaniel
I fought the law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
that is weird but fascinating. what's your boyfriend's sexuality?
He's bisexual/pansexual like me. He prefers really masculine people. I hate to admit it, but I am really masculine >.>
Edaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 09:44   Link #259
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
On a side note, can a homosexual female be attracted to a homosexual male?
No, that would make her bisexual or straight.
Old 2009-12-03, 09:47   Link #260
Cipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
No, that would make her bisexual or straight.
so its not really the "inside" that matters, its the "outside"?!
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote