AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hidan no Aria

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-05, 14:44   Link #381
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoakeNoHikari View Post
Spoiler for Volume 7:
I meant addiction / withdrawal - must have some brainfart that managed me to type in a completely different word.
Old 2011-06-05, 14:56   Link #382
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Her name is taken from the Ar Tonelico series, where girls have magic in their voices. I was thinking of Fragarach, but it's background it too dry.
Right...Fragarach's abilities vary depending on the story, from making those who have its blade pointed at their neck tell the truth, to being unstoppable by any armor, or even being able to control the wind.
As for owners, Lugh and Cú Chulainn are the ones I know of.

Well, there's always the sword of light, Claíomh Solais, which belonged to Nuadha the Silver Arm

Also, given this last episode, which revealed Jeanne D'Arc...makes one think what happened to Gille de Rais in that universe
Did he know? Or was he fooled like everyone else? Eventually driven to madness and committing all those crimes

Cue a descendant who came to know of Jeanne's descendant and that wants to exact revenge for what her ancestor did to his

*runs away*
Old 2011-06-05, 16:30   Link #383
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator98 View Post

For some reason, Minato's acting SO MUCH like Jason Statham in some of his movies... I don't know, I just have that image of that mean bad mofo out there kicking people's sorry butts... But yes, this is a younger version with more mercy. He's also smarter.

But the Persona Minato's gonna come and get you if he knows what you made him become...

Jason Statham? Try Jeffrey Donovan

Spoiler for Burn Notice:

Anyway, the first part was just an act to scare the prisoners, the second is how he normally behaves. In the first place, the beauty of Persona's Minato's personality is that you can make it how ever you want him to be; if you're referring to the manga, he was too passive in that one for my taste- He doesn't even hug the girl!!
Old 2011-06-05, 18:36   Link #384
Terminator98
Archangelic Demon Vampire
*Author

@Chaos: Was talking more about the manga, but yeah, the game's pretty open. I would've sworn though that out of all personalities, the one you gave him would've been one of the lasts I've lumped on him.

@Yoake: Where was the Rekki's irokane located already? Was it her earphones (I know that she listens to the sound of the wind in there... but didn't catch if it was the irokane or not).

Also, is it possible to have two Wind type irokanes? I have come up with a plot where the Kusanagi Sword is a wind type irokane that has been preserved for years... and my sword maiden actually has a fragment of it forged into her katana to improve her wind powers.

AND NOW... Main Male OC Over Haul OC Finished!

Allow me to present (re-present) you:

Yamato Kyousuke

Comments and appreciations are always welcomed.

Next coming up is my main Female OC, overhauled as well, Yamato V.H. Alexandra.
P.S: Plus a preview of the last OC that I'll be adding probably...

Adolph Whitman

Last edited by Terminator98; 2011-06-05 at 18:48.
Old 2011-06-05, 18:46   Link #385
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Spoiler for Reki:Irokane:

このときに、この二人は独自の世界を展開・・・
Old 2011-06-05, 18:47   Link #386
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Well my Arisato is relatively more talkative, but he's still the type of character that doesn't try too hard, everything comes naturally to him. Thats not to say nothing fazes him, just very little; he's the type to improvise.

If you recall his profile, he has the Eagle Vision from the bloodline of the Assassin's Creed.
Old 2011-06-05, 19:06   Link #387
Terminator98
*Author

Jah, I just read it again finishing the overhaul for my 1st OC... gonna redo my main girl now after I sleep. All the ideas are already in place... I just need the energy to weave everything together.

Comments and appreciations are welcome as always.

I decided to lump a bunch of the OCs here as fellow classmates of my own OCs. They'll all be in Tokyo Butei High Class B for 2nd Years (apparently, Kinji's in class A, so we'll at least already explain "WTH DUN I SEE YOUR OC IN THE CLASS?).

I'm already imagining Kyousuke having a flirt fest with Fiorenza... Minato and Gabriel discussing about the darkness of dagula... Asuka (gun-ho explosive user) arguing with Raimei what's the best way to blow up a tank, Yui and Aila discussing swordplay... but most of all, Kyouko wanting to arrest Kyousuke due to his Casanova attitude.

Times of fun ahead.

@Yoake: Interesting, might use this as some plot point for my own two irokane users... Glad to hear that Irokanes are based on color and not on elements... so the plan for the Kusanagi is a go I guess. (P.S; You're really doing your work just like that girl in your avatar does it... fine RL representation of her indeed. Can you make me an ice-cream plz? )
Old 2011-06-05, 19:57   Link #388
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

^^ all while Chrysanthe is trying to figure out whether to hand her Class Rep position to either Athra or Gertrude.

Quote:
Gram belongs to Siegfried, from the Norse myth where he slew the dragon Fafnir with it.

Out of all European myths, I hated Siegfried the most because he is way too overpowered, hard to tell a story like that. Even Beowulf got toasted by a dragon.
Oops.

Quote:
Galahad's sword had no name, but legends stated that it was a "destiny finder" - Galahad's pure heart enabled him to find the holy grail, which Aerondight's owner could only get a glimpse of.

Which reminds me, Arthur was no saint either. And even

Quote:
More details of the Arthurian swords can be found here. I am renaming the sword "Grace" - you can take Aerondight and the runes.
Thanks, that saved me a bunch of headaches.

While the character is fine, the sword won't appear till later, until Adara's arc. That would be end of season 1 (episode 22-26):

Spoiler for From my notes:

That's about... 6 novels worth of fics to write.

And then with the antagonists established this season, I can run for another 2 seasons, making it a total of 18 novels in all...
Old 2011-06-06, 00:31   Link #389
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Look, if you just need a Dragon-Slaying Sword; simply roll with ASCALON and be done with it

It was created on the idea of calculating out what precisely would be needed to slay the 50 foot long "Dragon of St. George" from the legend using only that one weapon. It is 3.5 metres long and weighs 200kg. It also possesses the following traits, though only one can be used at a time:

An axe-like thick blade to cleave at the sinews of the evil dragon.
A razor-like thin blade to cut away at the fat of the evil dragon.
A churchkey spike in the blade to tear off the scales of the evil dragon.
A fretsaw wire nestled on the blade to disembowel the evil dragon.
A giant saw on the back to severe the bones of the evil dragon.
A hook spike attached to the pommel to pull out the fangs of the evil dragon.
A close-combat spike near the grip to gouge out the nerves of the evil dragon.

...And a bunch of other hidden weapons within. Perfect for a crazy person like you

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-06-06 at 00:45.
Old 2011-06-06, 05:05   Link #390
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Look, if you just need a Dragon-Slaying Sword; simply roll with ASCALON and be done with it

It was created on the idea of calculating out what precisely would be needed to slay the 50 foot long "Dragon of St. George" from the legend using only that one weapon. It is 3.5 metres long and weighs 200kg. It also possesses the following traits, though only one can be used at a time:

An axe-like thick blade to cleave at the sinews of the evil dragon.
A razor-like thin blade to cut away at the fat of the evil dragon.
A fretsaw wire nestled on the blade to disembowel the evil dragon.
A giant saw on the back to severe the bones of the evil dragon.
A hook spike attached to the pommel to pull out the fangs of the evil dragon.
A close-combat spike near the grip to gouge out the nerves of the evil dragon.

...And a bunch of other hidden weapons within. Perfect for a crazy person like you
Thankfully, no, the League of Extraordinary Butei don't need to slay a dragon. Perhaps not until the Reign of Fire arc in the London Underground of Aoike no Athra S2.

However, a tool of all trades fits the jack of all trades... Hmm...

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2011-06-06 at 05:17.
Old 2011-06-06, 06:05   Link #391
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Thankfully, no, the League of Extraordinary Butei don't need to slay a dragon. Perhaps not until the Reign of Fire arc in the London Underground of Aoike no Athra S2.

Iyaa~ In the first place, do you even have a character that can singlehandedly wield a 3.5m long, 200kg chunk of steel
Old 2011-06-06, 06:17   Link #392
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Right...Fragarach's abilities vary depending on the story, from making those who have its blade pointed at their neck tell the truth, to being unstoppable by any armor, or even being able to control the wind.
As for owners, Lugh and Cú Chulainn are the ones I know of.

Well, there's always the sword of light, Claíomh Solais, which belonged to Nuadha the Silver Arm
I wanted a sword whose previous wielder had an association with being effeminate, or seems that the sword is not meant to be his. Claiomh Solais is about Neptune and his little land wife, didn't quite like god tales.

Quote:
Which reminds me, Arthur was no saint either. And even
Well, according to a few texts I have read on MoB and MoF, Arthur came from a dysfunctional family. His mum married twice, and it is said that his half-sister Morgan Lefay is a bro-con - she likes Arthur and is jealous of Guinevere.

Quote:
Think about a gigantic SOG multitool with a hammerspace function.

Quote:
Thanks, that saved me a bunch of headaches.
No problem. You're welcome to add-in my characters to your fics because I'll be pushing 12 hour shifts on a daily basis in my new FT job.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2011-06-06 at 06:27.
Old 2011-06-06, 06:36   Link #393
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Iyaa~ In the first place, do you even have a character that can singlehandedly wield a 3.5m long, 200kg chunk of steel
A charm to match the might of a dragon.

Not to worry; the Ascalon carries itself!

Quote:
Well, according to a few texts I have read on MoB and MoF, Arthur came from a dysfunctional family. His mum married twice, and it is said that his half-sister Morgan Lefay is a bro-con - she likes Arthur and is jealous of Guinevere.
I know I just watched Denpa, but why did I just imagine Meme le Fay?! She's supposed to be my anti-heroine + arc-villainess!!

Quote:
I already have...

Quote:
No problem. You're welcome to add-in my characters to your fics because I'll be pushing 12 hour shifts on a daily basis in my new FT job.
This too.
Old 2011-06-06, 07:40   Link #394
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

Lol, what hammerspace functions ? Everything is all there.

Quote:

Symbolically, you can use it to do other things like for example

Sinews = Strength, therefore used to weaken the Enemy's stamina
Scales = Armor, therefore used to break the enemy's defense
Fangs = Weapon, therefore used to disarm your enemy
Nerves = Control, therefore used to paralyze the enemy
Old 2011-06-06, 09:11   Link #395
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost

Support Character - The Cute and Shy Nerd

Spoiler for portrait:

Name: Nene Otonashi
(theorical) VA: Kaori Shimizu (Hiyori Tamura's voice range in Lucky Star)
Nationality: Japanese
Class 2nd year
Butei Rank: A (close to S)
Ancestor: Nobody famous.
Department: Repier
Bloodline Ability: None
Weapon: Walter PPK, Benchmade Model 860 Bedlam folding knife.
Friends: Yves Brunet, Kaede Fujita, Yasmin Saif, Sanae Noriaki and Naoko Kazami (those two only as online acquaintances).

Character Quotes:

"Wah! What! What are you going to do with the rope you asked for? Are you going to do xxxx or xxxx to me?!"

Background:
Spoiler:

Personality:
Spoiler:

Ability:
None

Style:
She is another of those non-combatant Butei who regularly takes classes in Assault to better themselves. During those occasions, she is one of those who get scolded.

Trivia
Spoiler:

Author's note

Nene is the last of the nerd girls trio (Sanae, Naoko and herself), if Sanae is the caustic one, Naoko the cool and sociable one, Nene is the shy of the trio.
Her creation have been rather chaotic in my mind. Firstly, I intended her to be a descendant of the father of forensic sciences, Vidocq, but I refrained because, first, I estimated there are enough people with famous ancestors in my roster as it is, lastly because I feared that whoever, either someone else or I, eventually tries to write her may not succeed into making her look the part. Then, I have wanted to base a character on Abby Sciuto, only to realize that Abby is too cool so I may fail short. Also, I have needed to find the right pic that would fit, those in danbooru under the "original + labcoat" search have yielded results that have gone like this "Too big. Too small. Too modest. Too slutty. OOoooooh that one is just right." Yes, this picture by Tony Taka have been the one I have chosen. Then, the need to give a personality to the character. This one is as weird one, I have very loosely based it on the online persona of someone named wanwan combined with the ability of some people to take anything out of context and misinterpret the most mundane line as something totally questionable, "that" kind of questionable. So here we have this bespetacled shrinking violet with a closet pervert quirk.

Last one in line

Yasmin

Characters so far

Kirsten Vikernes (Assault)

Preston Lee Whitworth (Medica)

Amelie D'Artagnan (Inquista)

Fiorenza Diotallevi (Logi)

Sanae Noriaki (Amdo)

Jin Yamazaki (SSR)

Svetlana Dragovic (Snipe)

Naoko Kazami (Connect)

Erin Dee Kirishima (Informa)

Kentaro Murasame (Amdo)

Yves Brunet (Assault)

Kaede Fujita (Inquesta)
Old 2011-06-06, 09:19   Link #396
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I did consider that, but the implications of...

...then becomes a new way to destroy Butei 'Walking Churches'?

For the character I'm cannibalizing it for, he's a handyman and an hardcore improviser. With the Ascalon instead of being sequestered but modified and upgraded over the ages, the modern Buteirized weapon is obscenely-large multi-part blade. As it grew larger and heavier, a charm was added to the blade to offset the mass. As it became stained with more dragon blood, a shroud was included to hide from the nose of the evil dragon, rendering it invisible and intangible when unused. Each component is pulled out of the blade with a sorting chant, inspired by the list above.

I think the core of Aria's world is fapping to weaponry both guns and ancient. Guess I'll specialize in ancient relics while the experts handle the guns. So I'll arm Chrysanthe with a Papyrus Sceptor of Isis, and Manami with... flintlock pistols and pirate-style sabres? Handcannon?

I need a better idea here...
Old 2011-06-06, 11:05   Link #397
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I find it amusing - sorta - that you've forgotten about Rachel and Michelle; I think the only other person who's made note of them has been Sheba.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2011-06-06, 11:17   Link #398
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
There's Yukio the ABJ hoon too.

Last edited by kct; 2011-06-07 at 00:52.
Old 2011-06-06, 11:21   Link #399
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Oops. I'd forgotten about him too.

If Jon doesn't want or need to drive, he might just get Derek to ferry everybody around. Though given that Jon's vehicle of choice is a 1985 Toyota Land Cruiser BJ60, due to having grown up in that particular vehicle, and having found that it's quite useful for transporting a fully armed squad of Butei in SWAT gear...

I believe in miracles.

Old 2011-06-06, 11:38   Link #400
Terminator98
*Author

Wait a second... I thought that I had scoured the entire thread for every single OC... my eyes are tired... Let me go get em.