AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 27
10: Amazing... 5 11.63%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 8 18.60%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 11 25.58%
7 out of 10: Good... 12 27.91%
6 out of 10: Average... 6 13.95%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 0 0%
4 out of 10: Poor... 0 0%
3 out of 10: Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 1 2.33%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 0 0%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-04-19, 00:29   Link #121
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
Calling it again, Earth = Barren wasteland.

No but, the lack of earth in Gen 1/2 annoyed me slightly, it feel good that we're finally going to see the good old lady animated.

This episode felt too rushed for my taste, the previous one was a solid 9/10 for me, giving this one a 6/10.
Earth looks to be in pretty good condition, going from the next episode previews.

Last edited by GN0010 Nosferatu; 2012-04-19 at 20:54.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 01:35   Link #122
gundamdrawer
Super Pilot

For a change, future earth might be shown as a beautiful paradise as opposed to the usual wasteland being portrayed by other shows/anime. )

I realized the reason why Kio sucks as of this moment is because unlike flit and asemu, he doesn't have a badass ally named woolf!
gundamdrawer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 05:50   Link #123
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamdrawer View Post
For a change, future earth might be shown as a beautiful paradise as opposed to the usual wasteland being portrayed by other shows/anime. )
But "change" isn't the buzzword for Gundam AGE since it really is a show meant to introduce kids to the Gundam tradition. It seems like an exhausted Earth is always needed in Gundam to magnify the extent of damage done by a humanity warring with itself. And it also sort of justify the necessity for space migration of large populations.

Though I suspect Earth in AGE still retains some of its beauty, at the very least more liveable compared to Mars. If not, why would the Vagans want to take back Earth, right?
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 08:12   Link #124
gundamdrawer
Super Pilot

Yeah, your right but still vagans will see earth as a paradise compared to mars just like what you said.

I realized the reason why Kio sucks as of this moment is because unlike flit and asemu, he doesn't have a badass ally named woolf!
gundamdrawer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 10:58   Link #125
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamdrawer View Post
Yeah, your right but still vagans will see earth as a paradise compared to mars just like what you said.
Actually, going by Ezelcant's logic, to the Vagans Earth would be Eden even if she's completely devastated and wrecked with five million tons of hydrogen and anti-matter grade bombs. They were probably made to see the pure soul and life of the Earth, untainted by the radiation on Mars, that everything else is non-matter.

RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 20:22   Link #126
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

So apparently AGE-2 can survive an atmosphere entry by itself without any damage (not even the rifles blew up)?
Old 2012-04-22, 05:41   Link #127
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Alright, so I had a think about it, and I will say that there were parts of this episode I liked, like how Asem managed to parallel his father after seeing a close one die in front of him (that one shot before he engaged Zeheart made me recall the moment when Flit removed the limiters from the Titus) how Flit and Romary finally shown some concern for Asem and his following speech about how pity he had been and how he finally realized that he was making something complex when he shouldn't have (he wants to protect people, that's all their is too it) his team up with Zeheart was awesome in general and how the two reached an understanding was great, and the end scene was very G Gundam esque and was really touching. Remi's death scene was also pretty great even if I still question if it was all that necessary, but there is no denying the actual way it unfolded was pretty fantastic. Also, Max actually becomes a pretty good pilot

So this episode had a lot of good things about it, no doubt.

On the other hand, there was a sense that something was just off most of the time, namely the editing choices from when Remi decides to go to fix the Diva's canon to suddenly cutting to her already being there, and Asem and Zeheart deciding to team up only to arrive in the reactor room only a second latter (this was really bad considering how Zeheart made it a point that he was unleashing the full power of his X-rounder abilities and him talking about how complex each layer of the ship is going to get). But even getting past that, I couldn't help but feel nothing at all the deaths that were occurring on both sides, when by all accounts I should've felt at least something for these characters.

The biggest offenders are probably the magician ... 0, since I couldn't in all honesty care for them nor understand what did they add other than confirming that Badass normal pilots and commanders could beat, making them little more than glorified grunts as opposed to an actual characters, but even then I though at least someone like Dole who seemed like he had something going on with him apparently not really caring at first for the cause they were fighting for but seeing ''the light'' following his talks with Zeheart might have had a lot more punch if it was given the proper time to grow. Same goes to Daz's death, and for a character that's been around as far as the first episode of this generation, I thought they would've felt something more about his send off. It was a nice try to make him sacrfice his life to try and tip the odds in his sides favor, but since most of the time he was nothing more than a background character, I couldn't really feel much.

And really, I think that is pretty much it, the lack of time to develop everything nicely really harmed my enjoyment of the episode. I'm normally more forgiving to some of AGE's shortcomings, but for the penultimate episode of the 2nd gen, I expected better especially after the great finale of the first gen and the early promise of this one.

6/10

Tags
weekly episode discussion