AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

Old 2008-11-14, 01:27   Link #2421
Haninozuka

[QUOTE=forgottendiary;2052593]Just wondering, is this from the AltoxSheryl LJ comm? If so, please do credit cutesherry

Ooh, is it from her? I found the pics on 4ch in 2 pieces, but yeah, I think it looks like her scans. Thanks for letting me know. I'll credit her for it.
Haninozuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 01:32   Link #2422
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Relative? Surely you meant overwhelming?

- Tak

Yes you speak the truth. That's what I wanted to say, but it would've attracted the attention and rebuttal of ahm, some people who would not be able to comprehend the truth even when faced with megabytes or even terrabytes of Arusheri images.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haninozuka View Post
Ooh, is it from her? I found the pics on 4ch in 2 pieces, but yeah, I think it looks like her scans. Thanks for letting me know. I'll credit her for it.
NP! ^_^ It could be different, but just in case.
Old 2008-11-14, 02:26   Link #2423
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgottendiary View Post
Yes you speak the truth. That's what I wanted to say, but it would've attracted the attention and rebuttal of ahm, some people who would not be able to comprehend the truth even when faced with megabytes or even terrabytes of Arusheri images.
Well, with regard to forum "demographics" worldwide numbers don't matter. Regardless of actual numbers it will always boil down to the kind of majority crowd a particular forum has.

There are a lot Sheryl fans here, but cases in point:

- the Sheryl social group, and the Ranka social group

- Crusader's entries at THAT Animeblog = Sheryl blog (...though if I'm not mistaken, he actually started pretty much in support of Ranka, and was hoping for her to improve more. That changed over time, especially when episode 21 aired.)

- Random Curiosity = Ranka blog (Not sure how it's like there, but I hear it's quite the Ranka crowd.)

- Macross World = No Shippers Island

As far as group affiliations are concerned, the balance in the universe is still maintained.

Last edited by kujoe; 2008-11-14 at 02:37.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 03:15   Link #2424
Westlo
Lets be reality

Sheryls more popular nearly everywhere, I think Musouka put it best when she was telling me about the status on 2ch, "It's not a question of whether Sheryl is more popular, it's a question of by how much".

Even female dominated places like Livejournal and Japanese Anime Mag Animage who started out favouring Ranka ended up being pro Sheryl by the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
- Random Curiosity = Ranka blog (Not sure how it's like there, but I hear it's quite the Ranka crowd.)
No, not true, far from it, there's more Sheryl fans on Omni's blog, it's just that 5-6 diehard Ranka fans took up residence their and it become the focal point of the shipping war once Ranka's army quit here.

Quote:
- Macross World = No Shippers Island
Sheryl's dominance on that site was more than here at some stages.... its just it has a lot of mecha heads on their too.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 04:48   Link #2425
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Thumbs up

Quote:
This one wins on so many levels.
We sure have a little shortage on classic images, don't we? And yes, Max and his (ex) wife rule!!!

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 05:42   Link #2426
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Sheryl's dominance on that site was more than here at some stages.... its just it has a lot of mecha heads on their too.
Well, some of the people there are openly hostile to shippers.
Old 2008-11-14, 07:19   Link #2427
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Well, taking into consideration some of the examples that we have here, that's not really so surprising, now is it?

Old 2008-11-14, 07:43   Link #2428
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
We sure have a little shortage on classic images, don't we? And yes, Max and his (ex) wife rule!!!
Call me hopeful or delusional, but I think they'll reconcile eventually. Maybe not necessarily going through an entire wedding ceremony again though, since if I'm not mistaken, they're just legally separated, not divorced. Not to mention, the love is still there for the both of them.

That seemed to be the flow of things in Macross 7, though again Kawamori isn't willing to resolve everything in the series with straight finality. (This is one of the reasons why I prefer the Macross Plus movie over the OVA, if only because of the extended ending...) Max and Milia is just one example from the series. They're really better off flying, as that's what they're born to do. Their mistake was to stop and take up demanding desk jobs among other things.
Old 2008-11-14, 08:19   Link #2429
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Guys, look, Sheryl's popularity cannot be contested. I mean, to think she would rank 2nd, and 3 paces above Ranka in a teeny magazine. Come on, is that a testimony or what?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 08:24   Link #2430
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Wink

Quote:
Call me hopeful or delusional, but I think they'll reconcile eventually. Maybe not necessarily going through an entire wedding ceremony again though, since if I'm not mistaken, they're just legally separated, not divorced. Not to mention, the love is still there for the both of them.

That seemed to be the flow of things in Macross 7, though again Kawamori isn't willing to resolve everything in the series with straight finality. (This is one of the reasons why I prefer the Macross Plus movie over the OVA, if only because of the extended ending...) Max and Milia is just one example from the series. They're really better off flying, as that's what they're born to do. Their mistake was to stop and take up demanding desk jobs among other things.
Well, since I'm still in the beginning stages of watching Macross 7, I can't really comment on that. Although I sure hope the hints toward a reconciliation are laid out more strongly 'till the end, myself.

And I want more images of them, gosh darn it!

Old 2008-11-14, 08:28   Link #2431
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Well .. unless there's a lot of MinMay fans here.. no use posting them neh .. and the pink hair girl in Mac7 ..

Beside, I hate old school picture
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 08:28   Link #2432
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Guys, look, Sheryl's popularity cannot be contested. I mean, to think she would rank 2nd, and 3 paces above Ranka in a teeny magazine. Come on, is that a testimony or what?

- Tak
Yeah, although it's a magazine for teenagers and the polls are well, as everyone can see, she still managed to get that high place. This makes you wonder, eh?

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 09:00   Link #2433
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Well .. unless there's a lot of MinMay fans here.. no use posting them neh .. and the pink hair girl in Mac7 ..
I was thinking more in the lines of Max and Milia Jenius and Misa Hayase, as well.

Old 2008-11-14, 14:34   Link #2434
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post

Beside, I hate old school picture
Some of us here have been with Macross since the first image hit the screen. For us, there is no "Old" school.
Mughi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 15:46   Link #2435
kujoe
from head to heel

What about us who started from Robotech?

*gets pelted with random objects*

Last edited by kujoe; 2008-11-14 at 16:06.
Old 2008-11-14, 15:52   Link #2436
Westlo
Lets be reality

heh if it wasn't for being given a Robotech VHS (Homecoming!) back when I was 5 of 6 I probably wouldn't be an anime fan....
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 15:57   Link #2437
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Hey, I started from Robotech. But eventually, I managed to see the light.

Well, to be precise, I started with Yamato and Groizer X. Then, I wen to Robotech.

Old 2008-11-14, 19:38   Link #2438
Tak

Watched the original, but caught Robotech in the mid 90s. You can easily imagine my reaction...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-11-14, 20:41   Link #2439
herbert

Maybe I am too late to the party. I still want to say, please be nice to those Ranka fans. It hurts nobody to let them post Ranka pics. They have the very right to do so. These days are not very easy to be Ranka fans, don't make them harder.
Old 2008-11-14, 21:01   Link #2440
Tak

Well guys, don't jinx it. There is a reason why I refrained from being personal.

- Tak

Tags
images, macross