AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-06-21, 21:49   Link #41
Lvrhina
Akamatsu Fan

Send a message via MSN to Lvrhina
Planetarian was "ok" while Kanon is like the "bible" ... however aside from Kanon I'm not really too sure of any of the other games i liked from Key... I'm mainly a Type-moon fan
Lvrhina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-21, 22:23   Link #42
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orophin View Post
About the Kanon patch, what version is it compatible with? All ages, 18+ or both?

By the way, I just finished Planetarian. It was a good read.
I know for sure it's supporting the 18+ ver, maybe the all ages one too.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-22, 07:52   Link #43
Doraneko
The Owl of Minerva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
Lulz, I'm gonna guess it's the girl on the left, with the double odango.
Bingo! You are good at identifying people, aren't you?

Regardless, Itaru Hinoue's pictures are really hard to find and so far this is the only one I have come across. Pictures of Jun Maeda are easier to find.
Doraneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-22, 11:11   Link #44
Komori
D:

Quote:
I know for sure it's supporting the 18+ ver, maybe the all ages one too.
Standard (18+) is the only one officially supported but it should install on the all ages version. I think there might be plans to eventually do an all ages patch but I'm not entirely sure. One of the problems that comes to mind is h-scenes wouldn't have images with the all ages version. I'm not sure what was changed besides removing CG and changing some text during the h-scenes so there could be other issues.

If it runs on RealLive, it should be able to patch.
Komori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-22, 12:20   Link #45
Orophin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komori View Post
Standard (18+) is the only one officially supported but it should install on the all ages version. I think there might be plans to eventually do an all ages patch but I'm not entirely sure. One of the problems that comes to mind is h-scenes wouldn't have images with the all ages version. I'm not sure what was changed besides removing CG and changing some text during the h-scenes so there could be other issues.
Okay, thanks for clarifying this.

By the way, how bad are the H-scenes? Is there a lot of them?
Orophin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-22, 14:12   Link #46
Komori
D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orophin View Post
Okay, thanks for clarifying this.

By the way, how bad are the H-scenes? Is there a lot of them?
Pretty bad. "Uguu it hurts" is a bit of a joke amongst the staff. I don't know how many are in Mai or Ayu's path since I didn't care to read them but there was something like 1 per character in the other routes. I assume Mai and Ayu also have only 1 scene each.

Spoiler:

Totally not a turn on at all.
Komori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-22, 14:47   Link #47
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Actually that's why some of the fan-translation groups started to TL the all ages variant instead, if there's any. (like Dakkodango with Eien no Aselia for example). The H-content indeed feels slightly off in several title anyway, like IMO Kanon too. Of course I admit that having them raises the sellings probably, so I cannot blame them for designing it.

Thanks for the patch by the way, it is awesome that besides Planetarian, soon there is going to be another (strictly) KEY game completely finished. (AFAIK Clannad patch never was an "approved" sorta, and Moon. / One aren't officially KEY.)
I've purposely waited for the full patch after trying the teaser (on the first playthrough I like to just choose whatever decision I feel like, regardless of characters). Gonna send typos if there's any in PM.

Last edited by izmosmolnar; 2009-06-22 at 15:17. Reason: punctuation
izmosmolnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 07:08   Link #48
plmko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komori View Post
Pretty bad. "Uguu it hurts" is a bit of a joke amongst the staff. I don't know how many are in Mai or Ayu's path since I didn't care to read them but there was something like 1 per character in the other routes. I assume Mai and Ayu also have only 1 scene each.

Spoiler:

Totally not a turn on at all.
"Uguu its hurtss" haha I remember that, yeah Key games have always been light on the naughty stuff and they usually involve simple soft-core stuff that happens when you get the girl (no in between hanky panky during the story line).

The trend with Clannad and Little Busters (not Ecstasy) shows that Key are kind of reluctant to put in the naughty stuff but do so in expansions to satisfy fans.
plmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 20:05   Link #49
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

After looking after the ero-scenes via CG-Mode in Kanon... I have to agree... the ero-scenes are very bad... but besides from that... the story content is outstanding.
Old 2009-07-08, 00:15   Link #50
Kudryavka

I'm hearing all this talk about how Key's hentai sucks.
I always wondered why Key even bothers with hentai in their games if they can't even do it right. I think a hentai fan would rather have no hentai than sex scenes playing to the tune of Sha la la Esctacy. Just my thoughts.
Old 2009-07-08, 02:39   Link #51
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
I'm hearing all this talk about how Key's hentai sucks.
I always wondered why Key even bothers with hentai in their games if they can't even do it right. I think a hentai fan would rather have no hentai than sex scenes playing to the tune of Sha la la Esctacy. Just my thoughts.
Urgh, why did you remind me of that .... thing! And i had actually forgotten about it .... yes, it was facepalm worthy (Or was it head-desk worthy) when said music started playing in the scene. If we assume that music is supposed to set a mood in general ... then it failed spectacularly here. I think i was somewhere between laughing and crying Lets just say ... the opinion that Key should be kept away from ero scenes with a ten feet pole is not unfounded.
Old 2009-07-08, 14:52   Link #52
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Still can't be as bad as Type-Moon.

"The friction excites my sensitive penis".
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 17:53   Link #53
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lvrhina View Post
Planetarian was "ok" while Kanon is like the "bible" ... however aside from Kanon I'm not really too sure of any of the other games i liked from Key... I'm mainly a Type-moon fan
Depends on what kind of game you like. Type-Moon delivers a different genre of story.

Planetarian was different writers and was MUCH shorther than their other games. Have you tried Clannad? ONE? Tomoyo After? AIR? or Little Busters? Those games are quite good too and have great stories.

I perfer KEY as their stories are much more interesting and more impacting than type-moon. As well, they don't milk their franchise like typemoon with fate.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 12:56   Link #54
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

NDT finally released the final patch to Kanon which makes it the 2nd completely translated game besides Planetarian so far...

So far, I only completed 3 arcs (Nayuki, Shiori, Mai) in the game including Sayuri's arc.
Old 2009-07-21, 21:23   Link #55
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
NDT finally released the final patch to Kanon which makes it the 2nd completely translated game besides Planetarian so far...

So far, I only completed 3 arcs (Nayuki, Shiori, Mai) in the game including Sayuri's arc.
How many total paths are there?

Is there a way to unlock sound test? Not that I need it..
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 21:44   Link #56
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Kira01 View Post
How many total paths are there?

Is there a way to unlock sound test? Not that I need it..
I think there is 5 paths including 1 optional path (Sayuri's) and at least 3 bad endings (Shiori's Bad End, Ayu's Bad End and the normal Bad Ending)

The total should be 9

Also, the Sound and CG modes are unlocked once you finish one of the arcs completely (meaning, no bad endings).
Old 2010-09-21, 12:45   Link #57
Mithfalath
Elegiac Servant

Send a message via Yahoo to Mithfalath
Hi is this a place where

..you can share your Key's visual novel games (English)? (e.g. Clannad, Tomoyo After, Planetarian, Kud Wafter, etc.)

Or even perhaps Fate series.. (e.g. stay night, hollow ataraxia)..

I'd really like to try at least 1 of those..

Thanks a lot!
Old 2010-09-21, 22:01   Link #58
Kudryavka

Share? Sure, I'll share with you a list of shops who carry those games. Try Himeya Shop for starters.

There was also a freeware Little Busters demo that's been translated, it should come up quick on Google.
Old 2010-09-22, 00:05   Link #59
MaiNoKen
◕ ‿‿ ◕
*Scanlator

One thing to remember all the Key games are originally released in Japanese, so some comprehension is definitely needed.

Little Buster is the only major Key work has not got animated. I think it is a matter of time Angel Beats! will get licensed in US. Of course there are no Angel Beats to begin with either...
MaiNoKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-29, 07:00   Link #60
YaminoSeigi

Image collections for AIR if anyone interested

http://www.mediafire.com/?c29wft3zcynszk6

Tags
key, visual game