AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2011-08-06, 20:30   Link #6741
seaburntd

ah, thanks for the reply, but the tv's already set to 0% overscan. The weird thing is that i saw the resize happen shortly after i opened higu tsumi about 80% through it. And to our knowledge, our settings hadn't changed, but obviously something was altered there that time, for some reason, and we actually have a Radeon but...I've been getting used to it in windowed mode (though wouold be nice to be able to resize the window just a bit bigger).

Oh and ep 5 is really interesting so far XD Great work, guys! Interestingly, the scanlations for this ep go up to exactly where I am in the game.
seaburntd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 07:39   Link #6742
Xyrius Cherubim
The Observer

the ep8 translation taking too long was probably because they were (too) bored to continue with the story and the grammar...

Well, Japanese grammar might not be that hard, but sometimes it could cause some serious trouble when the meaning of a sentence after being translated was making no sense, although it has been translated correctly.
Old 2011-08-07, 07:40   Link #6743
Cao Ni Ma

Translation is slow cause people got jobs
Cao Ni Ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 07:49   Link #6744
gn_X00

people have many things to do... even if you're given money for doing translating like that, you won't translating it all day long right?
Old 2011-08-07, 09:00   Link #6745
moldy_tomato

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaburntd View Post
ah, thanks for the reply, but the tv's already set to 0% overscan. The weird thing is that i saw the resize happen shortly after i opened higu tsumi about 80% through it. And to our knowledge, our settings hadn't changed, but obviously something was altered there that time, for some reason, and we actually have a Radeon but...I've been getting used to it in windowed mode (though wouold be nice to be able to resize the window just a bit bigger).
Here's how you do that: http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/7873/...obigwindow.jpg

(you need to add --window-width #### as a parameter, where #### is the width)
moldy_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 15:00   Link #6746
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

Klashi said a while back that Chrono, their main translator, got a full time job and that it would impede the translation, its still getting progress (presumably) but every1 just gotta be patient as Chrono makes his living
Old 2011-08-08, 02:24   Link #6747
gn_X00

except someone want to fund every translators's life until umineko series have finished being translated
Old 2011-08-08, 04:58   Link #6748
Azule
Golden Witch

Send a message via AIM to Azule Send a message via MSN to Azule
Quote:
Originally Posted by gn_X00 View Post
except someone want to fund every translators's life until umineko series have finished being translated
I think a lot of people would happily donate to Witch Hunt if they asked for it or if it would get the translation faster. But that isn't the case, so yeah.

It's been around the right amount of time, so i'm hopeful for a release before the end of August.
Old 2011-08-08, 05:00   Link #6749
Oblivion

Quote:
I doubt it would make them go any faster. Paid or not, it's pretty boring to sit around all day just translating words from Japanese to English.
Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-08, 07:21   Link #6750
legomaple

Quote:
WH didn't want to accept money
legomaple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-08, 10:02   Link #6751
gn_X00

Sorry if that sounds rude.. just saying my response for "be patient as the translator makes his living". didn't intended to sound rude
Old 2011-08-08, 11:08   Link #6752
Mirri

Send a message via MSN to Mirri
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaburntd View Post

Oh and ep 5 is really interesting so far XD Great work, guys! Interestingly, the scanlations for this ep go up to exactly where I am in the game.
I have a feeling that with the window size change command that you were suggested that it will work even in fullscreen. Even with overscan off it's an issue that sometimes happens with pure 640x480 video on modern monitors. It happens on my PC with Starcraft: Brood War, Umineko, Tsukihime, Diablo 2 when set to 640x480, anything set to 640x480.

Also, sometimes even with the monitor's scaling set properly you will have problems with 640x480 resolution on modern video hardware. Try:

Code:
  1. Right click on the Desktop and open CCC
  2. If you're not already in Advanced Mode, Switch to this.
  3. Click dropdown menu Graphics in the top right
  4. Select Desktops and Displays
  5. Right Click your currently activated display under ‘Please Select a Display’
  6. Select Configure
  7. Click on the "Scaling Options" tab
  8. Try each scaling option.
Mirri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-08, 11:39   Link #6753
Tambo

I have no idea if this was asked before, but:
A friend of mine has a problem. He has a Mac now and wants to read the VNs on it but doesn't know how. Does anyone here know how the VNs work on Macs?
It would be great if one of you could help and sorry if this question was already answered in this thread ;A;
Tambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-08, 13:42   Link #6754
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

go into the DVD as a folder and drag everything out, then move everything in a folder (sorry I forget which one) that has the game launcher in it, out into the game parent folder. Download the WH mac patch and run it from there, it should work

(if it doesn't, sorry but I use a PC, I think I remember way back when when this was discussed that you just need to do that to bypass the installation)
Old 2011-08-08, 15:57   Link #6755
Aeriven
Please grant my wish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
I have no idea if this was asked before, but:
A friend of mine has a problem. He has a Mac now and wants to read the VNs on it but doesn't know how. Does anyone here know how the VNs work on Macs?
It would be great if one of you could help and sorry if this question was already answered in this thread ;A;
I run Umineko on a Macbook. Witch-Hunt has an automatic installer for Macs now that works just like the one for Windows. He can just go to the Getting Started page on Witch-Hunt's website and click the applicable links on whether he has the download version of the game from Hobibox or the DVD version. I believe all of them have download instructions for Macs. When you download the DMG file, just run it and follow the prompts and he should be good to go.

It's been a while since I ran a Umineko patch, but IIRC, you shouldn't have to drag out any files from the disk; the Mac installer does everything for you.

If it's a more specific problem, I'm sure I or someone else here could try to figure it out.
Old 2011-08-11, 19:10   Link #6756
bigemperor

I don't know if this is the place to ask this question, sorry if not.
I want to know witch-hunt opinion about umineko finale, i mean the final was only read by people that knows Japanese and there were a lot of mixed reactions about the finale in this forum and in every place but i always like and respect Klashikari opinions (i love his blog) and every member of which hunt so basically i will like to know if they were happy about the ending and the conclusion from the story they devoted so much work and let THOUSANDS of people to read.
bigemperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-11, 19:23   Link #6757
TW25

I know Klashikari posted his initial view here.
TW25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-11, 19:26   Link #6758
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

It has been ages I didn't read Episode 8 for -reading purpose-, so I can't exactly do a thorough article about it whatsoever, but the post I have made in Episode 8 thread still stand true (even now, I wouldn't be surprised if I still keep ep8 as my favorite episode, or toe on toe with Episode 3).
I guess it won't hurt to make a complete post regarding the franchise once I've read it several times in English.

Your mileage may vary though, but funnily enough, the whole situation with debates going left and right about ep8 or the franchise as a whole are quite similar to what's happening there.
Old 2011-08-11, 19:42   Link #6759
bigemperor

Thank you so much, that was exactly what i was looking for, i hate spoilers so i was very scared to read episode 8 thread =P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I guess it won't hurt to make a complete post regarding the franchise once I've read it several times in English.
I'm sure a lot of us will love that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Episode 8[/URL] thread still stand true (even now, I wouldn't be surprised if I still keep ep8 as my favorite episode, or toe on toe with Episode 3).
In my opinion Episode 8 first part was AMAZING so i'm really looking foward the second part.
bigemperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 05:38   Link #6760
st_nick5

Any update on the progress of Episode 8? I'm holding off from reading it until it's been completely translated, can't wait.
st_nick5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation