AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Another

Notices

Old 2012-04-01, 02:17   Link #1161
sa547
*Author

I think I should've put that blog entry through Google Translate and posted it at the generic discussions thread instead, but from what I could glean from the mangled translation, it's not about the DVD/BR releases but the director (during a Q&A session ACE2012) was trying to answer hard questions as to why he had Izumi Akazawa and some others killed.
Old 2012-04-01, 08:02   Link #1162
Soverence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Incorrect. Even if Reiko is saved, someone else would be resurrected in her place.

If you have a time machine, the smartest move would be to go straight back to 1972 and avoid former Misaki's death at all cost. That was the one event that triggered the whole chain, so it would be like cutting the phenomenon's deepest roots.
I was speaking somewhat sarcastically, time travel rules depend really upon which series / people you listen to , so who knows what would actually happen, it is interesting to think about though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
I think I should've put that blog entry through Google Translate and posted it at the generic discussions thread instead, but from what I could glean from the mangled translation, it's not about the DVD/BR releases but the director (during a Q&A session ACE2012) was trying to answer hard questions as to why he had Izumi Akazawa and some others killed.
Its interesting to say the least, but I really don't know why he needed to do something like this. I think we were all ready for a decent number of the characters to die about half way through the series. Then again I can't read it and my google translate isn't working so I am just basing that upon him justifying killing people.

And why would he need to justify Izumi dying? I thought it was obvious like 3/4 of the way through from her personality and story that she was most likely going to die?
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 08:43   Link #1163
sa547
*Author

Anyway, the 2ch boys were pissed off at him for killing off perfectly good characters (and mangling them again after they're dead).

-------------

I think these are public acceptability results, or something like that.
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-8540.html#more

Last edited by sa547; 2012-04-02 at 04:43.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 00:04   Link #1164
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Incorrect. Even if Reiko is saved, someone else would be resurrected in her place.

If you have a time machine, the smartest move would be to go straight back to 1972 and avoid former Misaki's death at all cost. That was the one event that triggered the whole chain, so it would be like cutting the phenomenon's deepest roots.
Regardless, the whole thing could have been prevented by Akemi Homura, or perhaps.... HOOUIN KYOUMA!!!!!
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 09:06   Link #1165
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

And not, for something more serious: Another (see what I did there) random crossover idea from the mind of 119

Another/Eternal Darkness Crossover, title pending, w/ summary:

An Alternate universe that diverges with Another in episode ten, when Sakakibara and Mei hear the full tape in the lodge. At that moment, the door bursts open to reveal Reiko Mikami, their assistant teacher with a pickaxe in hand. She starts blabbering something about Lovecraftian-esque entities that existed before mankind and something about the deaths of the students being to sustain the Guardians of Chattur'gha. She then runs at Sakakibara with the pickaxe, only for him to pick up a chair and strike her over the head with it. Mikami falls to the floor, head wounded, only for a creature with a praying mantis-like stance and sharp, sword-like claws to burst from her chest and lunge at Misaki, pinning her to the floor and trying the slash at her chest. Sakakibara grabs the pickaxe and puts in through the skull of the creature, killing it.

Sakakibara and Misaki escape the lodge, fighting through hordes of their own classmates, all of them possessed by these monsters or reanimated as zombies. Before they Sakakibara locks the monsters into the building and destroys the gas pipes in the stove in the kitchen, causing a gas leak. Sakakibara then makes a molotov with some gasoline in a shed next to the lodge and blows the place up. The two make their way back into Yomiyama, only to find most of the inhabitants dead or undead, and the town filled with monsters and zombies.

Sakakibara and Mei get a hold of some guns abandoned by a couple of fallen police officer and fight their way through town while trying to get to the bottom of what's going. Eventually, they find a mysterious book that tells of a number of tales of people in various places and times that encountered similar events. The most notable are two people (not featured in the Eternal Darkness game), a samurai in 1585 who discovers as a network of mysterious ancient catacombs that seem to be some sort of temple. The catacombs, however, are filled with monsters and the living dead in the Yomiyama area, and attempts to destroy the source of evil, but fails in his attempt. Later, in 1946, a U.S. soldier in the occupation force discovers the same tomb, and manages to seal the guardians of Chatturgha in the temple until 1972, when the mysterious deaths started again. The location of this mysterious temple: right on top of Yomiyama North Middle School.
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 14:02   Link #1166
Ushio the Omega

Well this flopped even worse than I thought it would

Vol 1 first week sales 2,192
http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showthrea...09#post1982409

2nd week not listed with 415 threshold (only top 10 BD's listed)
http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showthrea...109291&page=45
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 03:15   Link #1167
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ushio the Omega View Post
Well this flopped even worse than I thought it would

Vol 1 first week sales 2,192
http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showthrea...09#post1982409

2nd week not listed with 415 threshold (only top 10 BD's listed)
http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showthrea...109291&page=45
I don't think it's that bad, given that this is a type of show that normally isn't all that popular in the first place.
Old 2012-05-11, 15:10   Link #1168
tokino

A nicely written review, I think you may find it interesting: http://vs.yokatta.eu/exlusive-features/another-review/
tokino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 21:00   Link #1169
Sir Maddy
~Feel like a sir.
*IT Support

I say, I really liked Another (it can make Higurashi look like child's play, gore wise)
I liked the creepiness in most of the episodes.
I liked it's character development.
Old 2012-06-16, 21:05   Link #1170
Lightning_Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN 119 View Post
Regardless, the whole thing could have been prevented by Akemi Homura, or perhaps.... HOOUIN KYOUMA!!!!!
Hmmm but perhaps the events of Steins;Gate actually started the whole thing...
Old 2012-07-19, 12:46   Link #1171
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Just thought I should leave these here
Old 2014-06-06, 02:34   Link #1172
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

The author of Another, Ayatsuji Yukito, has announced on his twitter account that there is "Another2" coming by the end of the year. Of course he's referring to the book, but maybe it means there's a chance for a second season of the anime as well?

Sure, P.A.Works isn't notorious for making sequels, but we'll see.
Old 2014-11-05, 12:52   Link #1173
Draugur

Sorry, I'm sure this has already been asked, but I'm afraid to read the whole thread because of possible spoilers.

Is there any censorship in the UK DVD release of "Another"?
Draugur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-26, 20:57   Link #1174
nicky.
animesuki

This series did exactly what I want a mystery series to do; I can't praise it enough. It had me thinking and engaged the whole time, and the ending wasn't expected at all.
nicky. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
horror, seinen