AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2006-09-03, 14:10   Link #81
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Enlil
Technically speaking, I'm playing Quake1 (yep the old classic FPS game, still fun to play after all these years). But not in its original form. I'm playing using a TC (Total Conversion) known as Minako Quake which turns your character into Sailor Venus (albeit with powers of almost all the other senshi as well as her own, and she even has Sailor Saturn's Silence Glaive, which serves as a last resort attack by blowing everything up). See these screenshots of the Senshi Attacks.

Thanks to that mod I'm fragging those monsters with the cool senshi attacks - my favorite is the Jupiter Oak Evolution, which can kill most monsters with one shot (the Shambler can be taken down with two J.O.E.'s), followed by Mars Burning Mandala (good for killing groups of weak enemies like the grunts, enforcers, and knights), and the Venus Crescent Beam (good for blowing things up, like groups of zombies - just stay out of the blast radius or you're really gonna get hurt!). And there's the Venus Love Me Chain, which is used like the Grappling Hook in the CTF games so you can get around to normally impossible-to-reach places.

Apparently the author of the mod has a thing against Sailor Chibi/Mini Moon, and somehow turned the Wizard/Scragg (the flying armless thing) into Quake2's Technician (the barrel shaped flying thing) and renamed it the "Pink Spore Monster", except that it shouts "Pink Sugar Heart Attack" when fighting and even shoots those tiny pink hearts to add to the effect.
Wow thats a pretty interesting mod. I remember using the DBZ mod for Jedi Knight that would almost always crash before I could finish a multiplayer session. Those were the days.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 06:05   Link #82
arias

I just finished Front Mission 5.

What a fantastic game, and it's mind boggling even to me now that such a special game will not be coming to North America. Its production values are pretty unbelievable for a non-FF title from Squeenix. The tactical RPG gameplay is also excellent, and the plot is solid as well.. it took me 50 hours to complete, using a FAQ (without which I would have been totally lost on many things, especially equipment and skills). I'd recommend this title to any mecha or tactical fan..
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 14:30   Link #83
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias
I just finished Front Mission 5.

What a fantastic game, and it's mind boggling even to me now that such a special game will not be coming to North America. Its production values are pretty unbelievable for a non-FF title from Squeenix. The tactical RPG gameplay is also excellent, and the plot is solid as well.. it took me 50 hours to complete, using a FAQ (without which I would have been totally lost on many things, especially equipment and skills). I'd recommend this title to any mecha or tactical fan..
WHAT?!?!?! FM5 isn't coming to the US? Why? Do you have a source on this?
Old 2006-09-09, 15:11   Link #84
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsheit
WHAT?!?!?! FM5 isn't coming to the US? Why? Do you have a source on this?
FM5 has been out in Japan since December 2005, earlier than Dirge of Cerberus (Jan 2006) even. All Squeenix N.A. releases are announced during conferences/expos, and we all just knew when FM5 was nowhere to be found on the E3 list. Squeenix do not usually confirm which games aren't coming to North American shores, so don't expect a news article on it.

FM5 has quite abit of text and a fair bit of voice acting, and I'm guessing the localization process would not make economic sense.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-10, 07:01   Link #85
Ishimaru Kaito
Magister Magi Zero

Send a message via AIM to Ishimaru Kaito Send a message via MSN to Ishimaru Kaito
i'm playing SMT nocturne
Ishimaru Kaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-10, 11:39   Link #86
Zhemos

Playing Grandia 3 now.

Wow what a fun game. I'm 8 hours into it, and I just can't seem to find out why people are so quick to dismiss this game.

It's got one of the most fun, strategtic, and original battle systems I've ever played with. The story is light hearted, and quite charming.

The voice acting is also top notch, plus the graphics are absolutely beautiful.
Old 2006-09-10, 11:55   Link #87
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhemos
I'm 8 hours into it, and I just can't seem to find out why people are so quick to dismiss this game.
That's why. Don't get me wrong though, I love the game. The battle system's fantastic all the way through - it's the only game in years (since, er, Grandia 2 actually) that I beat every enemy in every dungeon except the last and went around hunting items when it was safe and cleared. Flying the airship's fun too, and the graphics are gorgeous. You'll enjoy playing it, and I'd still recommend it to anyone, but what hurts it is the story later. Let's just say your party will undergo some changes and from then on it starts to slowly drop in quality. The villains are underdeveloped to say the very least (worse than that, really) and certain other characters that had potential are really badly neglected.

You'll enjoy it for sure even later on, even if only for the gameplay, but it could've been so much more. Plus Alfina's even more annoying than Elena from 2, and that's saying something. The further into the game you go the more you'll want to stab her in the head.

Oh, and cheers for the summary of ICO arias I'll have to pick it up sometime, still got about 4 games on the go right now >_>
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-11, 22:03   Link #88
ECFNW

Started playing Final Fantasy X-2 again to finally finish it.
My last save was dated February 2004!
ECFNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-12, 09:36   Link #89
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias
FM5 has been out in Japan since December 2005, earlier than Dirge of Cerberus (Jan 2006) even. All Squeenix N.A. releases are announced during conferences/expos, and we all just knew when FM5 was nowhere to be found on the E3 list. Squeenix do not usually confirm which games aren't coming to North American shores, so don't expect a news article on it.

FM5 has quite abit of text and a fair bit of voice acting, and I'm guessing the localization process would not make economic sense.
wow...that really sucks. Front Mission 3 is one of my all time favs (although it pissed me off when they took away the ability to get out of the mechs in FM4).
Old 2006-09-13, 04:51   Link #90
cyw1988
Japaholic

Send a message via MSN to cyw1988
Playing through Fatal Frame 1 to 3 all over again... Jap version(no quick turn and vocals are in jap)!!! XD
cyw1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-13, 11:05   Link #91
martino
makes no files now

Ever 17 and Dablo II for now...
Old 2006-09-13, 12:31   Link #92
Js2756
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhemos
Wow what a fun game. I'm 8 hours into it, and I just can't seem to find out why people are so quick to dismiss this game.
It might have to do with a little game called Grandia Xtreme that turned a lot of people, fans and non-fans, away from the Grandia series as a whole. It (Grandia 3, that is) is a title that I'm looking forward to playing at some point though.

Last edited by Js2756; 2006-09-13 at 13:21.
Js2756 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-13, 12:47   Link #93
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Currently working on Castlevania: Curse of Darkness. It's not as good as DMC and Ninja Gaiden in terms of graphics and fighting, but it still looks good IMO in many ways. I'm trying to finish the weapon list and I'm trying to get my character to maximum level, which is taking longer than I thought.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-13, 18:25   Link #94
BuddyLee

battlefield 2 and Faces of War gg

... oh my friend is trying to get me into Audition
BuddyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-13, 18:42   Link #95
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Just started re-playing Dragon Quest VIII to get all my characters to level 99.

I think it's a great game by the way. Though, it would have been much better without some of the old-school elements they forced into it.
Old 2006-09-13, 20:26   Link #96
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

Finishing Need for Speed: Most Wanted
And Warcraft, my little obsession :P
Matt Soulblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-13, 20:53   Link #97
07ChanF
Mass Dictionary Lookup...

Hiragashi Daybreak- Fun but somewhat hard to understand combos
World Of Warcraft- Lv.42 Druid, Lv.20 Shaman & Lv.5 Mage= Druid spamming is awesome.
To play list: Rise of Legends, Heroes 5 [Need better graphics...], Clannad [Love reading; lack of time still]
07ChanF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 14:07   Link #98
sedukshun
kimee ~

hmms after while...
im not actually playing many games coz ive been busy lately
but im hooked on my mobile phone games if that counts
i got sims2 and townsmen on it lol
can keep me occupied on long journeys ^^
sedukshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-16, 01:20   Link #99
Akeval

Send a message via AIM to Akeval
Alot less people listed W.O.W. than i expected.

World of Warcraft-Lv.60 Paladin Lv. 60 Rouge Lv. 60 Mage Lv. 41 Shaman
Ragnarok-Private Server of course XileRO- Lv. 165 Lord Knight
Warrock-Rank 5

Nowadays i find that i dont want to play single player games, so those are out of question
Old 2006-09-18, 09:48   Link #100
Kaka
罪人クロノ

Currently playing FFXII.....
Kaka is offline   Reply With Quote