3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-04-01, 14:11   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Attack on Titan - Episode 26 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Attack on Titan, Episode 26.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-01, 14:31   Link #2
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I haven't finished it yet, but that OP THOUGH. It's growing on me. It's like they took elements from the first two openings and put them together.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-01, 15:16   Link #3
kitten320

And it's back!
Old 2017-04-01, 15:32   Link #4
DemonneoPT

I'm going to copi pasterino my comment to this thread instead.
Episode 1:

I really enjoyed this first episode. The mystery regarding the titans just gets even deeper. Titans in the wall that looks like were common knowledge for the crazy priests and of course, the highlight of the episode, the abnormal Harambe Titan! That thing can speak and it displays intelligence. Not even Annie or Eren could speak while in titan form as i recall. Very interesting stuff right there. The OP had nice action scenes. Let's hope studio Wit does not disappoint in that department especially now with a season with just 12 episodes. Mike's death was awesome so they already started well
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-01, 15:38   Link #5
Applehell

Ah, I had forgotten how bad horses are treated in this show.

Well that was a good start. Almost felt like the show didn't end 4 years ago. Props for keeping the recap short instead wasting half an episode on it unlike MHA. Though I did have a hard time putting names to a lot of characters faces for a bit.

New OP nowhere as good season 1's first OP, but it's a bit better than Wings of Freedom. I'll give it some time to grow me more.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-01, 16:38   Link #6
AntonKutovoi

Beast Titan is voiced by Takehito Koyasu. Guess he really likes throwing moving objects on the people.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-01, 17:35   Link #7
Ghostfriendly

The Titan violence is rather brutal, but not so bad as asphyxiating if they eat you whole. Hange is rather strong. A scene on the edge of the wall really suggested their fearful situation. Beast Titan's evil calm makes him scarier than Female, and comes over more clearly than in the manga.

Really pumped for Sasha's big scene next week.

Quote:
Props for keeping the recap short instead wasting half an episode on it unlike MHA.
I think more people are reading Attack on Titan manga, so less recap needed? I'm impressed how well Eren and Misaka's scene instantly recaptured their character dynamic.

Last edited by Ghostfriendly; 2017-04-02 at 06:24.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-01, 18:26   Link #8
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

it's really been four years? this is about where i stopped reading the manga, so i guess i'm on this ride.. the budget seems to have increased this season, if my memory of the first is correct.

poor mike.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-01, 20:36   Link #9
Psyco Diver

I was shocked when I saw this pop up in my notifications, boy that was a brutal 1st episode
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-01, 21:26   Link #10
Peanutbutter

Spoiler:
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 00:33   Link #11
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Great episode for the return of AOT. Can't wait to see what happens next.

PS: The ED was creepy and nightmarish.
Old 2017-04-02, 01:50   Link #12
Ghostfriendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
PS: The ED was creepy and nightmarish.
It really was, especially the bulging cheeks Titan.

Btw, I heard that the ending of the second season may divert from the manga? That would be bad with a 12 ep season, since it would shut the door for future adaptions.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 03:03   Link #13
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Wait, we only have 12 ep? Is that it or is it a split cour?
Old 2017-04-02, 03:31   Link #14
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I actually stopped reading the manga around this part...

Anyway now that the actual material the walls are made of, one can only imagine what will happen when this becomes public knowledge.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 08:51   Link #15
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Like no one noticed the big ass human that they're pouring concrete over when they were making the wall, or were the workers blind?

In all honesty, as an anime only viewer, I'm totally confused. Last season ended with Eren injured under the care of Mikasa, so I know that at least. But part of the Survey Corps quarantined? The last season ended with the voice over talking about them taking the initiative to attack the titans or something, so it feels like I missed a major piece between the end of S1 and the beginning here.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 09:16   Link #16
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I actually stopped reading the manga around this part...

Anyway now that the actual material the walls are made of, one can only imagine what will happen when this becomes public knowledge.
They're most likely going to keep that info to themselves. People would go nuts if they found out the walls are made of titans.
Old 2017-04-02, 12:04   Link #17
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Like no one noticed the big ass human that they're pouring concrete over when they were making the wall, or were the workers blind?
It's not like walls were build 10 years ago. It's been 100s of years and most of the witnesses were probably murdered as well after the build.
Old 2017-04-02, 12:30   Link #18
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
The walls have been built for more than a hundred years, and it isn't like the remnants of humanity were all present when they were built. If you consider how Pastor Nick and its cult are so hell bent regarding the wall, you bet they made sure only people from their side were present during the construction of the wall.

Plus, the fact that the wall has been created by using Titans pretty much negate time issues. If the process takes few hours/days, then chances that someone outside of the cult witnessing the process are extremely slim.

Quote:
In all honesty, as an anime only viewer, I'm totally confused. Last season ended with Eren injured under the care of Mikasa, so I know that at least. But part of the Survey Corps quarantined? The last season ended with the voice over talking about them taking the initiative to attack the titans or something, so it feels like I missed a major piece between the end of S1 and the beginning here.
It wasn't shown at all in S1, nor in the manga for that specific event either. This was shown as events going on at the same time as Annie was being captured (hence why they used an ellipsis/time jump for this specific scene). They aren't sure if there is an ally hiding among 104th squad, hence why the latter has been quarantined while they were proceeding with the capture of Annie.

So in short, the plan was two folds: while Eren was being used as a bait to lure out Annie as the Female Titan within Wall Shina, they made sure no one would assist her, assuming there was an ally hiding among the 104th squad hence why they were quarantined outside, within the region of Wall Rose.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2017-04-02 at 19:01.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 14:55   Link #19
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Mike's demise was already painful on paper. Now, its hard on the stomach to watch it animated.
Old 2017-04-02, 16:48   Link #20
IceHism

Man, this is just so far behind. While the show is very pretty and i like the choreography with the vertical gear, i dunno if the story will be able to keep me excited like i was when i first started the first season.

op not as good as guren no yumiya.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote