1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-18, 23:42   Link #41
Jinsoo
KAGEYAMA!!!
*Artist

Send a message via AIM to Jinsoo Send a message via MSN to Jinsoo
:O Seems like wing stroke'll be the offical term here XD Neat, I started something lol

But yes, I'm amused to see a wing stroke in action ;o WILL THEY SQUEEK TOO? D:> *the squeek turn on* XD
Old 2006-05-19, 08:09   Link #42
Lost

They will squeek and then accidentally flame you into a heap of dust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
Just some random thoughts.

Would you serve fried chicken or any type of fowl to a guest with wings?

And do you guys prefer wings, legs or breast? And no it is not a naughty question
Why not? Unless I had reason to believe that they were remotely related to chickens or fowls. Just because they have wings doesnt really make them birds does it? Erm. You talking about Chicken right? Breast for me. If you were talking about something else, Mukuru take you.

BTW 7's been subbed.
Old 2006-05-19, 11:59   Link #43
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
furry chicken breast banzai!

er...that didn't come out right....
Old 2006-05-19, 12:48   Link #44
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
furry chicken breast banzai!

er...that didn't come out right....
LOL. Steamed Chicken Breast banzai! Chicken Tonight banzai! bleh.

Ep 7. Wow. I LOVE the animation they do for the massive battle charges. WOW. Looks like the animation from Medieval Total War; its almost 3D!! Beautiful
Spoiler for screenshot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
I was hoping for a scene where Hakuoro names the new country as Tuskuru in her honor. Oh well...
Spoiler:

Spoiler for my spoilerish views on ep7:

And lastly...
Spoiler for angel pictures:

Last edited by Lost; 2006-05-19 at 13:28.
Old 2006-05-19, 13:32   Link #45
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz
yea, i guess so. but that kind of thinking will get him killed someday. but that what makes him a hero of the story ne?
That kind of thinking will also save him on some days. There are a great variety of would-be enemies and thus there is no perfect attitude to deter all of them. Some would kill him if he did kill Nuwangi. Some would kill him if he didn't kill Nuwangi. You cannot tell what kind of people will become your enemies, so it's useless to say that one is better than the other without trying out a huge variety of contexts.

No need for me to repeat what everyone else has said that his actions boost his Rep/Honour/Fame.

Anyway, CG BATTLES!!! YEAH! Eventually, technology should reach a point where they don't use repeat frames, they just use repeat 3D animation shown from a different angle and against different skins of 'cannon fodder'.

And as with previous eps, it's good that they take the time to show casualties on both sides to illustrate the reality of war, while keeping within Broadcasting Licence Limits (i.e. no excessive gore).

Lol at the old man and young child beating up the downed soldier. Kurou only using fists on the peasants was a nice touch too - no need to kill to keep them at bay. Benawi + Kurou know of high people deserving Honourable Death. Hakuoro follows a different code of Honour though, not letting Benawi depart the country before its end (Benawi's own words: "The people is the country", and the people were not wiped).

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2006-05-19, 13:39   Link #46
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psieye
That kind of thinking will also save him on some days. There are a great variety of would-be enemies and thus there is no perfect attitude to deter all of them. Some would kill him if he did kill Nuwangi. Some would kill him if he didn't kill Nuwangi. You cannot tell what kind of people will become your enemies, so it's useless to say that one is better than the other without trying out a huge variety of contexts.

Lol at the old man and young child beating up the downed soldier. Kurou only using fists on the peasants was a nice touch too - no need to kill to keep them at bay. Benawi + Kurou know of high people deserving Honourable Death. Hakuoro follows a different code of Honour though, not letting Benawi depart the country before its end (Benawi's own words: "The people is the country", and the people were not wiped).
Does anyone think Nuwangi will change? For the better? I'm asking because he wasnt laughing when he ran off into the mist. Perhaps that jolt from being shown mercy by a girl may make him review his actions.

Personally I still want to see him die.

I lol'ed at that part too. And the part near the end where pleasant had soldier under arm and was administering pain.
Old 2006-05-19, 15:18   Link #47
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Overall a good episode. It did seem a bit rushed, and the cgi wasn't that impressive, though I guess for a tv series that doesn't have an insane budget it was ok. I ended up giving it an 8. Hopefully the battles are over for a while and we can see a lot more of Eruruu in the next few episodes. Not to mention I'm curious about the new girls with wings being introduced, even if they aren't quite as cute as Eruruu.
Old 2006-05-19, 16:42   Link #48
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
Does anyone think Nuwangi will change? For the better? I'm asking because he wasnt laughing when he ran off into the mist. Perhaps that jolt from being shown mercy by a girl may make him review his actions.

Personally I still want to see him die.
Killing such scum is the easy option. More satisfying I say to wreck their personality and wrack mental torture upon them, then rebuild them as decent folk. 'Showing Mercy' is the archetypical tactic for such brutally cruel treatment. It's harder because you have to be extra confident you'll succeed too.

Nyheheh, worded that slightly oddly to emphasise it ^^

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2006-05-19, 17:13   Link #49
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Killing such scum is the easy option. More satisfying I say to wreck their personality and wrack mental torture upon them, then rebuild them as decent folk.^^
what th-... .....

*slowly creeps away from the Brainwashing expert*
Old 2006-05-19, 17:19   Link #50
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Wreck their personality? Mental torture? Nonsense, that is soooo tame. You've got to do it using tentacle monsters! Anyone can be broken with a sufficient number and/or length of tentacles!! And then rebuild their personality (ie mindless sex toy).

Ehem, that aside,

Quote:
Plot movement was just nice, although I felt that it wasnt good to skip over such a long time period (must have been a few months) would be nice if we journied on their battles together with them;
There's a lot more of Utawarerumono to cover. The studio aren't moving fast cause they want to but because they have to.
Old 2006-05-19, 18:34   Link #51
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

I wasn't a huge fan of the CG battle scenes. It worked for the distant aerial shots, but when it got closer it didn't look that great. At least it wasn't as terrible as School Rumble's CG P.E. festival battle scene... but I'll chalk that up as a sign that the technology is improving.

I'm really liking the way the story is progressing. They're doing a good job of showing as much as they can/need to, but they're still going at a reasonably brisk pace. The characters to date have been fairly simple, but all their motivations have been well explained, so their actions are (mostly) believable. It's kinda like the anti-F/SN in those respects </another cheap shot at F/SN>

Spoiler for Nuwangi:
Spoiler for Tusukuru:
Good stuff. I'm highly enjoying this. I think this sort of anime shows what a visual novel-to-anime conversion can do when it has an interesting story that's actually told well and coherently.
Old 2006-05-19, 18:58   Link #52
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K
Spoiler for Tusukuru:
If I'm to believe Hakuoro's a homage/reference to Zhuge-Liang (what is the English name of that saga... Romance of the Three Kingdoms? Sango?) then he wouldn't place himself as Emperor. He'd be Head Strategist and General Affairs Advisor (I doubt he could go back to being an ordinary villager any time soon - as sadly that'd be irresponsible).

Old 2006-05-19, 19:16   Link #53
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

I don't think he'll want the position of Emperor, but he's the best man for the job so he'll be kinda forced into the position.
Old 2006-05-19, 19:25   Link #54
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
If I'm to believe Hakuoro's a homage/reference to Zhuge-Liang (what is the English name of that saga... Romance of the Three Kingdoms? Sango?) then he wouldn't place himself as Emperor. He'd be Head Strategist and General Affairs Advisor (I doubt he could go back to being an ordinary villager any time soon - as sadly that'd be irresponsible).
There is no Lui bei. WHo is he going to pass the job to anyway? Benai is the next best guy for the job but he probably doesn't want it either.

his choice is to either take the job as emperor or like the country slide into civil war with warlord fighting for the job.
Old 2006-05-19, 19:31   Link #55
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I really loved the music for episode seven - each piece used really went with whats was going on, right down to the style of fights that we got to see. The mini 3D parts used in the birds eye view part of the episode were kinda crazy.. i hope its not something that'll appear in episodes to come.

Benawi killed the 80's disco king, i'm so glad he did - i wouldn't have been happy if it was anyone else. & i love the fact that Kurou and Benawi are going to stay in the show, though you could kinda tell it was going to happen.. here's hoping we eventually get to see Benawi fight at 100%. ^^

Nexted episode look to be really cute, and oh yeah - Wings! <3
Old 2006-05-19, 19:36   Link #56
Trax
Rock beats scissors

From battle to battle, it all went rather fast... Too fast. Would have liked to see some more interaction, like with any PoWs they might have captured before they reached the emperor. For some reason, none of the battles in the series so far really managed to make much of an impression on me, even the rematch vs Benawi didn't. Ohwell, hopefully the character interactions will make up for it, since at this point I'm not interested in seeing any more battles if it's more of the same. Pretty birds (ooo, double meaning) are coming!
Old 2006-05-19, 22:56   Link #57
Lost

Quote:
Killing such scum is the easy option. More satisfying I say to wreck their personality and wrack mental torture upon them, then rebuild them as decent folk. 'Showing Mercy' is the archetypical tactic for such brutally cruel treatment. It's harder because you have to be extra confident you'll succeed too.

Nyheheh, worded that slightly oddly to emphasise it ^^
Great. Now I want him to be crushed, stripped of all self-respect and dignity, made pitiable, suffer horribly and then die slowly. J/k j/k. Don't run, Oni-GTO!!

Anyhow he's definitely crushed, no doubt about that. But I wonder if that will make him good, or just go worse and kill more people. Because the way I see it, if Nuwangi does release more bloodshed, Eruruu will partially be responsible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K
I think it's fairly safe to say he's been relegated to the sideline, and won't have any sort of huge impact on the story from here on out.
I wouldn't be too sure.. Characters disappearing into the fog never stay in the fog.
Old 2006-05-19, 23:05   Link #58
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

I may be wrong, but at the end of this episode, I got the impression that Hakuoro will try to force the position of Emperor on Benawi.

That part about "You must take responsability" really send that message to me.

On the preview for the next episode.....

Spoiler for fox girls & wing girls:

EDIT:

Ooops, Hakuoro actually says "You have an obligation"

Oh well, different line same message.
Old 2006-05-19, 23:11   Link #59
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E.
Spoiler for fox girls & wing girls:
Spoiler:

Spoiler for speculation:

EDIT:

Quote:
I may be wrong, but at the end of this episode, I got the impression that Hakuoro will try to force the position of Emperor on Benawi.
Hakuoro doesn't come off as the kind of person who'd willingly force anything on anyone (forcing death on Sasante aside).
Old 2006-05-19, 23:19   Link #60
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Spoiler:

So true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova
Hakuoro doesn't come off as the kind of person who'd willingly force anything on anyone (forcing death on Sasante aside).
He just forced Benawi to live. Why not force him to become the emperor as well?

Of course, I haven't played the game. This is just a guess on my behalf.