AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-06-08, 14:32   Link #1
NeoSam

Hataraki Man

働きマン
Hataraki Man

Based on a manga for young men.

Broadcast: Autumn 2006

Based on a manga thats serialized in the seinen(young men's) manga magazine Morning.
For now there are 3 volumes released of this manga.
Here are the covers:

Site of the manga:
http://e-morning.jp/manga/hataraki.html

First chapter of the manga has been scanlated by Entropy group: Manganews.

Genre: Seinen, Drama

This is a seinen manga/anime. (A manga/anime for young men)

Last edited by NeoSam; 2006-10-13 at 16:13.
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 15:07   Link #2
NeoSam

The site for the seinen anime Hataraki Man has opened:

http://www.hataraki-anime.com/

Its starting in October 2006.
Old 2006-07-06, 15:57   Link #3
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

The leftmost picture reminds me of Kokoro-chin in Aishteruze Baby for some reason. Probably the general expression and facial features.
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 16:51   Link #4
Siegel Clyne

Tanaka Rie Stars as Matsukata Hiroko in the Hataraki Man Anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam
????
Hataraki Man

Based on a manga for young men.

Broadcast: Autumn 2006

Based on a manga thats serialized in the seinen(young men's) manga magazine Morning.
For now there are 2 volumes released of this manga.
Here are the covers:

Site of the manga:
http://e-morning.jp/manga/hataraki.html

First chapter of the manga has been scanlated by Entropy group: Manganews.

Genre: Seinen, Drama

This is a seinen manga/anime. (A manga/anime for young men)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam
The site for the seinen anime Hataraki Man has opened:

http://www.hataraki-anime.com/

Its starting in October 2006.

Morning Comic Magazine

Quote:
A MANGA PICK-ME-UP FOR TIRED PROFESSIONALS

Information
PUBLISHING FREQUENCY:
Weekly
AVERAGE NO. OF PAGES:
420 pages
TARGET READERS:
Men

Introduction
A weekly comic magazine aimed at men in their twenties and thirties, but boasting a 30% female readership. MORNING is a comic for adult readers, featuring realistic stories about businessmen and office workers, sports professionals and college professors, samurai adventure and military action. It is read for entertainment, amusement and relaxation.

Hatarakiman : Anno Moyoko latest series - AnimeSuki Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphaël
I wanted to open a thread about it because i really think it deserves it and that it's sort of a shame there's nothing about it in here already.

Matsukata Hiroko is a 28 year-old journalist working as an editor for a weekly information magazine called "Jidai". The manga describes her life as a Hatarakiman (Workaholic) amongst her colleagues and editing chiefs, and her struggle against herself and her own frustrations, as a journalist, a woman and a lover.

Serialized in Shôgakukan's "Morning", 2 volumes have been released so far. I have to say i only read the first one, for now, in which Matsukata is distressed over the fate of the secretary of a maggoty minister of foreign affairs.

Since "Happy Mania" Anno made herself famous for her humour and the psychological accuracy of her characters. At that time her drawings might have looked a bit awkward to some in the first place ( i still don't agree...), but with this new manga, her line is now completely flawless, live and more expressive than any other. I wouldn't bet it will be licensed one day, as it's more serious and maybe more focusing on "pure" Japanese matters than Happy Mania, and i'm not sure english scans are already available ( i didn't really look), but if there are, just have a look. This is real good stuff, believe me. And if there aren't, read Happy Mania instead, you will tell me about it.

I don't know why, i feel like a salesman. lol

PUFFY, aka Puffy AmiYumi, will perform the theme song for Hataraki Man.

Tanaka Rie Plays the Main Character in Hataraki Man

Tanaka Rie has announced in the 2002/08/22 23:55 entry on diary at her official website, rierie world, that she plays Matsukata Hiroko, the lead role in Hataraki Man.

Over one and a half hours ago, on the Hataraki Man television animation (anime) series entry in the Anime News Network Encyclopedia, I entered in Tanaka Rie as the Japanese voice actor (seiyuu) for Matsukata Hiroko.

Hataraki Man will air in Fuji TV's popular NOITAMINA late night television animation block, replacing Honey and Clover II in October 2006. Nodame Cantabile will replace it in January 2007.

So this is the "big work" ("great work") Tanaka Rie was referring to in early August 2006.

Last edited by Siegel Clyne; 2006-08-22 at 17:07.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 17:11   Link #5
raphaël
trainee archangel

Send a message via AIM to raphaël
Yay, this is all very good news. I don't know why, I was eagearly waiting for vol.3 to come out, and I completely forgot about the anime.

Joy.

Don't forget to bump my thread for whatever's concerning the manga.

My only worry would be that to this day, there's only a very few material for an anime, in my humble opinion. I don't even know if that could fill 13 episodes...
raphaël is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 17:56   Link #6
NeoSam

According to some sources volume 3 of Hataraki Man manga will be released on 22/9/2006

I'll add its cover to this thread when its available.
Old 2006-08-22, 22:40   Link #7
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Just FYI, Arienai fansubs intends to pick this series up. We already do Moyoco's other anime, Sugar Sugar Rune, after all . Well, this one is for a slightly older crowd.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-26, 03:28   Link #8
Siegel Clyne

Hataraki Man Staff, Cast, etc.

HATARAKI MAN

STAFF

Original Work: Anno Moyoco [Anno Moyoko] (Serialized in Morning / Koudansha Publication)

Series Composition: Ooshima Satomi

Character Design: Kagawa Hisashi

Animation Production: GALLOP

Music: Kanno Yuugo

Production: Hataraki Man Production Committee

Opening Theme Song: "Hataraku Otoko" by PUFFY

Ending Theme Song: "Shangri-La" by chatmonchy

Insert Song(s) by Sambomaster

CAST

Matsukata Hiroko: Tanaka Rie

Umemiya Tatsuhiko: Nishimura Tomomichi

Narita Kimio: Horiuchi Ken'yuu

Kobayashi Akihisa: Ueda Yuuji

Sugawara Fumiya: Nakai Kazuya

Nogawa Yumi: Shishido Rumi

Nagisa Mayu: Fukuen Misato

Tanaka Kunio: Homura Makoto

Kaji Maiko: Tanaka Atsuko

Yamashiro Shinji: Hanawa Eiji

==========

"Hatarakiman" Anime Announced - The latest Anime and Manga direct from Japan! ANIMAXIS.COM: Japanese Anime Online Shop

Quote:
A TV anime adaptation of Weekly Morning anime "Hatarakiman" (Moyoko Anno) has been announced. The series is set to air on Fuji TV affiliates beginning October 2006.

Hit series "Hatarakiman" first hit the pages of Weekly Morning (Kodansha) in 2004 and is penned by Moyoko Anno, the creator of "Happy Mania", "Hana to Mitsubachi", and Sugar Sugar Rune. The story deals with the career-related exploits of 29-year-old workaholic editor Hiroko Matsukata as well as the way her colleagues approach their working lives. Animation is being handled by Gallop (Eye Shield 21, Ojyaru-maru, Rurouni Kenshin, etc.) and the series is to be directed by Katsumi Ono. Character design is by Hisashi Kagawa (Sailor Moon S Movie: Hearts in Ice; Pocket Monsters: Emperor of the Crystal Tower).

AnimeNfo :: View topic - Descriptions and Casts for: Asatte no Hoko, Bokura ga Ita..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinji-chan
Hataraki-Man
(this description is based on reading the first chapter of the manga)
Matsukata Hiroko is a 28 year old editor with naturally large breasts. She's often at odds with Tanaka Kunio, a novice editor. Her work already stresses her out and he's unapologetic about his own mistakes! Everyone refers to Hiroko as a masculine woman for how seriously she takes her work. She smokes too much, works too much, and never has sex. However, when it's time to get a story done, she switches into "Working Man" mode where her testosterone in her blood increases, she works three times her normal speed, and all thoughts of life's necessities disappear.

Note: Hataraki-Man translates to "Working Man"
Old 2006-08-30, 08:51   Link #9
gknight
shounen ai

Send a message via ICQ to gknight Send a message via MSN to gknight
it really interests me because of the creator, sugar sugar rune is very good.
gknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-30, 09:06   Link #10
Katapan
俺様祭り

On top on the author being Anno Moyoco (Anata no haato, pick up! <3), it's a nice surprise to see that Tanaka Rie will be the main character. I'm definitely looking forward to Arienai's subs!
Old 2006-08-30, 15:58   Link #11
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

I think I'm going to like this since it's aimed for a more mature audience. Does anyone know the animation studio that's working on this. I've never heard of Gallop and there isn't much about them on ANN.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-30, 19:14   Link #12
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan
On top on the author being Anno Moyoco (Anata no haato, pick up! <3), it's a nice surprise to see that Tanaka Rie will be the main character. I'm definitely looking forward to Arienai's subs!
Coincidentally enough, Tanaka Rei also plays one of the main characters in the other series Arienai works on, Pretty Cure Max Heart (she plays Hikari, the "new" girl in season 2). It's more like her Chii role, however, than what she'll have to do for Hataraki Man.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-02, 21:21   Link #13
Siegel Clyne

Hataraki Man: Battles Without Honor and Humanity

Hataraki Man Staff, Cast, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegel Clyne
HATARAKI MAN

STAFF

Original Work: Anno Moyoco [Anno Moyoko] (Serialized in Morning / Koudansha Publication)

Series Composition: Ooshima Satomi

Character Design: Kagawa Hisashi

Animation Production: GALLOP

Music: Kanno Yuugo

Production: Hataraki Man Production Committee

Opening Theme Song: "Hataraku Otoko" by PUFFY

Ending Theme Song: "Shangri-La" by chatmonchy

Insert Song(s) by Sambomaster

CAST

Matsukata Hiroko: Tanaka Rie

Umemiya Tatsuhiko: Nishimura Tomomichi

Narita Kimio: Horiuchi Ken'yuu

Kobayashi Akihisa: Ueda Yuuji

Sugawara Fumiya: Nakai Kazuya

Nogawa Yumi: Shishido Rumi

Nagisa Mayu: Fukuen Misato

Tanaka Kunio: Homura Makoto

Kaji Maiko: Tanaka Atsuko

Yamashiro Shinji: Hanawa Eiji

According to The Sugar Sugar Rune Encyclopedia, a Japanese website, although not officially announced, Anno Moyoco - wife of Evangelion writer-director Anno Hideaki - seems to have named characters in Hataraki Man after real life actors who appeared in the 1970s landmark series of yakuza films by the late Battle Royale director Fukasaku Kinji, Jingi Naki Tatakai (Battles Without Honor and Humanity), known in English as The Yakuza Papers: Battles Without Honor and Humanity.

JINGI NAKI TATAKAI ACTOR --> HATARAKI MAN CHARACTER

Matsukata Hiroki --> Matsukata Hiroko

Umemiya Tatsuo --> Umemiya Tatsuhiko

Narita Mikio --> Narita Kimio

Kobayashi Akira --> Kobayashi Akihisa

Sugawara Bunta --> Sugawara Bun'ya (Bunsai)

Nogawa Yumiko --> Nogawa Yumi

Nagisa Mayumi --> Nagisa Mayu

Tanaka Kunie --> Tanaka Kunio

Kaji Meiko --> Kaji Maiko

Yamashiro Shingo --> Yamashiro Shinji

A few characters - e.g., Matsukata, Tanaka - changed sex / gender in the transition from real life to manga and anime.

Having come across The Sugar Sugar Rune Encylopedia just today, I apparently got only Sugawara's given name wrong in Hataraki Man.

I will modify my entry of Sugawara's full name in the Hataraki Man on the Anime News Network Encyclopedia shortly.
Old 2006-09-02, 21:52   Link #14
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haohmaru
I think I'm going to like this since it's aimed for a more mature audience. Does anyone know the animation studio that's working on this. I've never heard of Gallop and there isn't much about them on ANN.
That has to be referring to Studio Gallop who animated series like Rurouni Kenshin, Kodocha, Initial D, and Yu-Gi-Oh! Someone messed up cross-referencing that company.
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-03, 05:49   Link #15
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Sounds interesting, and I'll check out sugar sugar rune while I'm at it. ^^

Totally OT, but..

Quote:
Nodame Cantabile will replace it in January 2007
Booyah!

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-21, 12:15   Link #16
eggplant
Eggplant

Uploaded a trailer of Hatarakiman here.

Hm, Anno Moyoco and Tanaka Rie, looks like a winning combination.

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-22, 19:35   Link #17
NeoSam

Volume 3 of the manga which was supposed to get out today (22/9/2006) was delayed to October 6th, 2006 >.<
Old 2006-09-23, 04:11   Link #18
wao
OK.

I'm really very keen on watching this after watching the trailer. I'm very interested to see what the story has to say about the whole idea of the worklife... Japanese are sometimes famous for their workaholic nature, but what is it really worth?

Some people don't want to, just before they die, look back at their lives and see that all they've done is just slave away at the workplace.

Some, on the other hand, want to know that they've worked hard and done something worthwhile before they died...

How much do you owe society? When is it enough to work? Hm... Well, soem of the answers seem more straightforward to some people rather than others.

By the way, I love Rie Tanaka's voice in that trailer. Much nicer than her Lacus Clyne voice... it sounds very convincing for some reason.
Old 2006-09-23, 10:41   Link #19
mippa
Mahou Shoujo~!

Send a message via AIM to mippa Send a message via MSN to mippa Send a message via Yahoo to mippa
I just wanted to jump on the bandwagon and thank Quarkboy for agreeing to let us do the series! I have been a big fan of SugarSugarRune (which is why I asked Quarkboy if he wanted help translating) and I was thrilled that so early on in my tenure with Arienai, he has agreed to let us do it!

We will do our best to release it in good timing and with the quality you have come to expect with our subs! Please continue to support us, everyone! Yoroshiku!
mippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-23, 12:44   Link #20
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Absolutely looking forward to it, much more so because the Fall Season seems to be very-very short on intriguing, mature series.

Definitely need a josei fix right now. 8)

I'm not a big fan of Rie Tanaka, but it would be interesting to see her try to escape her usual 2 voice-style matrix (one being clueless sexy bimbo, the other - evil sexy bimbo). It's nice that she has a chance to use a normal voice.

But... just 13 episodes? Aww...
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
noitamina, office, seinen