AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2014-06-18, 10:59   Link #7521
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Seriously?! Arika Takarano of Ali Project is 50?!
Old 2014-06-19, 02:13   Link #7522
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
In a Weiss Schwarz sample Java match

Are the ones that you need

public abstract class Card {
String cardName;
String cardType;
String color;
String level;
int cost;
String series;
String cardID;
String effect1;
String effect2;
String effect3;
String effect4;

} then make it abstract and instantiate/override/polymorph

then power and soul (for characters)

And classes for steps and timings?

(will not include images and such)

Last edited by bhl88; 2014-06-19 at 23:11.
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-11, 11:02   Link #7523
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

I need some bicycle advice.

My budget is $400. Can go over a bit. Just for general commute stuff really. I look around seem I will chose hybrid bike. Any recommendations?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-26, 16:10   Link #7524
Typhoon743

Question about the clause about solicitation of services on the website

If I wish to offer my services as a paid tutor to the Japanese Animesuki community, would that count as an infraction of that rule?
Typhoon743 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-26, 22:16   Link #7525
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoon743 View Post
Question about the clause about solicitation of services on the website

If I wish to offer my services as a paid tutor to the Japanese Animesuki community, would that count as an infraction of that rule?
Yes,that would be a violation of Rule 2.6.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-29, 12:45   Link #7526
jdblood1207

I am new to anime and I who'd like to now where to get gal games and such can some one help me.
jdblood1207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-29, 13:13   Link #7527
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdblood1207 View Post
I am new to anime and I who'd like to now where to get gal games and such can some one help me.
Look here at the stickied threads listed as a possible place to begin.
Old 2014-08-07, 02:18   Link #7528
Seitsuki
Onee!

So for those of you who remember me bringing this up a long time ago...I finally went and had an exam/x-ray re:wisdom teeth. Apparently they're fine (for now) but they're submerged or something and it'll take some surgery to get them out involving cutting bits off the bone and whatnot. Needless to say that...does not sound very appealing. Anyone knowledgeable in this area can tell me whether or not I'm likely to need to go through with this?
Old 2014-08-07, 02:25   Link #7529
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
So for those of you who remember me bringing this up a long time ago...I finally went and had an exam/x-ray re:wisdom teeth. Apparently they're fine (for now) but they're submerged or something and it'll take some surgery to get them out involving cutting bits off the bone and whatnot. Needless to say that...does not sound very appealing. Anyone knowledgeable in this area can tell me whether or not I'm likely to need to go through with this?
You'll probably need to do it someday, but unless it is causing you pain or discomfort now or starts to, you can generally delays for numerous years and be just fine doing it much later til it is an issue (if at all). At least that's what I was told was fine to do with mine anyways. Since it also didn't sound appealing to me.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-07, 03:25   Link #7530
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
You might want to do it now while you are still a loli. As you grow bigger, your teeth do too; plucking them out would be more painful.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-07, 07:12   Link #7531
Seitsuki
Onee!

The thing is apparently some people don't ever need them extracted right? As long as they won't impact?
Old 2014-08-07, 07:18   Link #7532
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
The thing is apparently some people don't ever need them extracted right? As long as they won't impact?
The problem is WHEN. As long as it does not grow vertically upwards, it will impact.

Oh ho I see, you are afraid of the dentist.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2014-08-07, 07:22   Link #7533
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
As long as they don't really give any sort of issues and don't hinder in you chewing food and such, you should be fine leaving them in. Of course, if it does start hurting, getting them extracted should be the logical course of action.

Besides, the extraction happens under (heavy) sedation and you don't always feel pain once they wear off. Plus, it's not like you actually need your wisdom teeth for anything.
Old 2014-08-07, 07:29   Link #7534
Seitsuki
Onee!

I'm not scared! I just don't like the chlorine smell or the horribly vulnerable chair or the weird probing bits or the really really painful power saw (I swear that's what it is).

Everyone has been telling me how it hurts quite a bit for week(s) afterward and I, well it's not like I can't handle pain or anything, I'm just...pain adverse. If possible.
Old 2014-08-07, 07:43   Link #7535
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

It is less painful than having a needle stuck into your coccyx.

If you are still scared, you can ask for full anesthetic to put yourself to sleep. Or have your elder sister accompany you to the clinic you worthless nee-con.

Old 2014-08-07, 08:20   Link #7536
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

If it goes well you just have to bear with it a bit. If it does not go that well, you can just sue the dentist or something, so at least you get some compensation. Just take it optimistically and it will be fine.
Old 2014-08-27, 23:45   Link #7537
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Why are Japanese girls so short; or rather, small-sized and cute?

I just read that the voice actress Asuka Ogame is only 1.42m. Standing at 1.78m myself, I could literally pick her up and carry her like a 10-year-old little sister.

That is not all, I checked through the internet and found out that she is not alone - Aoi Yuuki, Ayana Taketatsu and even the infamous goddesses Yukari Tamura and Mizuki Nana, despite being over 30, still stand at around 1.5m.

Old 2014-08-28, 10:39   Link #7538
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Is Antidepressant have major side effects?
Is it better to stay away from it no matter how depress you are?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-29, 11:50   Link #7539
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Is Antidepressant have major side effects?
Is it better to stay away from it no matter how depress you are?
Antidepressants are standard treatment for severe depression which is just as much an illness as any other illness that requires drug treatment. Whilst there are side effects to antidepressants there are potential side effects to any medication and not everyone gets them. To put it into perspective, common side effects are defined as side effects that only 1 to 10% of the population can get. Your doctor can decide whether your depression requires antidepressants. It is not better to stay away from them no matter how depressed you are. Some people need them and there's nothing wrong with that any more than a diabetic needing insulin.

FYI, I work as a pharmacist and have come across loads of people that have been prescribed antidepressants that are perfectly normal. In most cases their medication allows them to lead healthy lives where they wouldn't have been able to before.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-07, 15:57   Link #7540
Jaden

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Why are Japanese girls so short; or rather, small-sized and cute?

I just read that the voice actress Asuka Ogame is only 1.42m. Standing at 1.78m myself, I could literally pick her up and carry her like a 10-year-old little sister.

That is not all, I checked through the internet and found out that she is not alone - Aoi Yuuki, Ayana Taketatsu and even the infamous goddesses Yukari Tamura and Mizuki Nana, despite being over 30, still stand at around 1.5m.
It's not fully understood, but there definitely is a significant hereditary component to height and Japan still retains its particular gene pool.

India and the Philippines actually have the shortest women, and that's probably just from the kids' protein intake being low. Growth gets stunted if you don't eat a lot. The Japanese are relatively light eaters, too - just compare their restaurant portions to the west. As to how they stay thin, well, Japan has some of the most intense peer pressure when it comes to that stuff. They will rather be miserable than be fat. Of course, that attitude is going to affect the children in the family as well.

Tags
problem, q&a, serious