AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-09-07, 04:51   Link #8201
TheDisruptiveOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
It's pretty sad to Kallen at this moment, cause after all this...she wasn't able to forece herself to understand Lelouch's way to act. But they will reunite, and her Gum line is obviously directed to lelouch.
I don't agree with that. It might not be directed at Lelouch. Anya had a gum card and her line was directed at Suzaku. Prior to this episode...I assumed it was a foregone conclusion that her line would be directed at Lelouch...now I am not so sure.
TheDisruptiveOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 04:51   Link #8202
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
i was right about the kick in the ney neys

but realisticly speaking it couldnt have gone any other way once you consider lulu's actions later in the ep
he couldnt really have done anything other then push her away once more regardless to how he feels since he is still clearly on the path of the devil
Old 2008-09-07, 04:51   Link #8203
lovecakecookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Stop assuming she'll fall for Gino. Not happening. IMHO, Gino and Kallen are going to join up to try and get Lelouch and Suzaku out of the terrible ditch of retardation they got themselves into.
I know.... sheeshhh people are overreacting so much... why cant people just wait until the end ..... do people seriously think they are going to kill each other or shes going to have Gino's babies? Maybe her "essential" role is to kill Lulu
I am going to wait before making any conclusions..
Old 2008-09-07, 04:51   Link #8204
sandykins

My views on this episode:

I expected Kallen to not side with Lelouch the moment I read the spoiler about Nunally being alive. Kallen and Nunally being close, talking about Lelouch and what not after she was captured in the earlier episodes... See where this is going? Kallen will become essential to Lelouch through Nunally and that's surely in the coming episodes. Perhaps she'll be the one to protect Nunally. Perhaps she'll use her gum line near the end.

Wasn't there a spoiler from the VA (Koshimizu Ami) that mentioned Kallen would have to fight Lelouch? I think I read it somewhere on this forum. This is why I expected this turn of events in episode 22. I think Nunally being alive and in Schneizel's camp will be the plot device for us to see how essential her relationship to Lelouch is.

Notice how he seems to be acting distant when it comes to everyone he cares about? I mean look at how he ignored Rivalz! I'm sure that's yet another facade of his. I wouldn't jump to conclusions and say it's the end of Kalulu. Also, the kisses he's had with the different girls have been under very different circumstances and in the case of CC, it was a plot device (memory seal). Why are people not noticing context? He's gone through different personas during those different events: Zero, Lelouch Lamperouge and Lelouch Vi Brittania... I absolutely didn't expect him to kiss her back when she kissed him, seeing how he acted towards Rivalz just prior to them going in private to talk. Does that mean he no longer cares for Rivalz, Milley, etc? Add Kallen there too (He wanted her to come back to Ashford, didn't he?). He's Lelouch Vi Brittania at the moment so no wonder.

I see many of the Kalulu fans despair and I'm actually liking the twist, being a Kalulu fan myself, because it'll now focus on Kallen and Nunally and I personally wouldn't consider this episode closure for Kallen and Lelouch. She is going to play play her essential role soon.
sandykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 04:53   Link #8205
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
Hope springs eternal
My My, change your title line, you aren't logic there

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 04:54   Link #8206
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisruptiveOne View Post
lol, the writer and director really hate the Lelouch/Kallen fans. Not giving them the pairing they want is one thing...and it's certainly understandable. But shoving her aside to someone else late in the series after her entire development all season has been about Lelouch??? Now that's cold.
Assuming that it all truly ends there, yep.

Quote:
At least there are a lot of NFL games to watch today.
At least I've managed to turn my attention to some other anime in preparation... <_<.
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 04:55   Link #8207
neoguyver3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Stop assuming she'll fall for Gino. Not happening. IMHO, Gino and Kallen are going to join up to try and get Lelouch and Suzaku out of the terrible ditch of retardation they got themselves into.
I agree with this point. If you look back the scences with kallen and gino together. Gino is talking bout Suzaku and Kallen is thinking bout lulu. I think its obvious their going to be doing some soul searching together and will get their resolve back to "save" the real Suzaku and Lulu. And on another note: I wonder how Cornellia is gonna react to Schneizel nuking the rest of their family?
neoguyver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 04:56   Link #8208
TheDisruptiveOne

I guess Lelouch Vi Britannia is another fake persona...the same way Zero was? Is that what you are saying? I guess that implies that Lelouch Lamperouge is his "real" personality?

(Damn, Lelouch is a complex character.)
TheDisruptiveOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 04:58   Link #8209
Babaganush
Banned

awesome kallen x gino!
Babaganush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 04:59   Link #8210
Fruit Punch Samurai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoguyver3 View Post
I agree with this point. If you look back the scences with kallen and gino together. Gino is talking bout Suzaku and Kallen is thinking bout lulu. I think its obvious their going to be doing some soul searching together and will get their resolve back to "save" the real Suzaku and Lulu. And on another note: I wonder how Cornellia is gonna react to Schneizel nuking the rest of their family?
Cornelia? What about Nunnally?
Fruit Punch Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 04:59   Link #8211
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
I guess Lelouch Vi Britannia is another fake persona...the same way Zero was? Is that what you are saying? I guess that implies that Lelouch Lamperouge is his "real" personality?

Hmm. As things are now, he isn't wearing the Zero mask. Instead he's wearing the mask called "Emperor Lelouch" <_<.
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 04:59   Link #8212
neoguyver3

Quote:

I'm thinking that Gino wants the Suzaku (the smiling happy Suzaku) back who lived with Nunally and lulu. and Kallen whats the lulu that Naunally told her stories about.

And Vi Britannia is his real persona, but due to certain live events its been distorted alot to what it is now
neoguyver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 05:02   Link #8213
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Send a message via MSN to linkinstreet Send a message via Yahoo to linkinstreet
pics from next preview
Spoiler:

And it's not surprising that Lelouch pushed her away. He feels that he is going to die (or plan to) and not planning to have her follow him.
And I also saw arthur with Llyod. Arthur X kallen maybe?
linkinstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 05:11   Link #8214
Key Board
Carbon

that's Gino, next to her

notice the green cape
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 05:13   Link #8215
sandykins

Quote:

Lelouch Lamperouge = Ashford persona.

He dropped that persona for the sake of the Vi Brittania one so no wonder he's being so distant. Last time he was Lelouch Vi Brittania is when he was all "I'll destroy Brittania" to Suzaku. Remember? First episode even (Little Lelouch Vi Brittania). However, I expect things to change because him ignoring his friends at Ashford wouldn't be what Nunally would approve of... I'm going by the logic that Nunally wants a peaceful world for her friends to enjoy not just peace for the sake of peace only. What's the purpose of a peaceful world wherein you forsake your very own friends till the very end? He'll likely redeem himself in the eyes of his friends later.
sandykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 05:16   Link #8216
scarlet512
カレン愛してるよ

(I shouldn't have cosplayed as Gino the other day...I knew she couldn't resist me )

Er...

Honestly, I think since there's 3 episodes for their characters to develop and knowing this is Code Geass, anything could happen. Last time, we were all hoping for everything to work out between Lelouch and Kallen and predicting that she'll join his side. However, the opposite thing happened. I think we, as Kalulu fans, are reading into the Gino thing too deeply - just like how when we saw Kallen and Lelouch together at Ashford.

Let's just relax a bit and let the things play out while hoping for the best.

However, for some reason, I think in the direction Lelouch is going, he'll lose it and probably be defeated by his own ego. Hopefully, he will learn in the next episode or two but as I said, anything can happen.
scarlet512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 05:19   Link #8217
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet512 View Post
(I shouldn't have cosplayed as Gino the other day...I knew she couldn't resist me )

You fool !

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 05:24   Link #8218
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoguyver3 View Post
Trying to pair Gino and Kallen is like trying to pair C.C. and Suzaku. They had one conversation and one similar interest. It just sounds like the raving of people who don't want to see Lelouch and Kallen be together. They come in here spouting this stuff just to try and get us upset after such a good scene. I think it's best just to ignore it and keep on Kallen this episode.

Kallen got to shine after a lull in her story.

Lelouch and Kallen obviously want to be together, but their positions in the public eye are keeping them apart.
Old 2008-09-07, 05:24   Link #8219
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Send a message via MSN to linkinstreet Send a message via Yahoo to linkinstreet
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet512 View Post

Er...

Honestly, I think since there's 3 episodes for their characters to develop and knowing this is Code Geass, anything could happen. Last time, we were all hoping for everything to work out between Lelouch and Kallen and predicting that she'll join his side. However, the opposite thing happened. I think we, as Kalulu fans, are reading into the Gino thing too deeply - just like how when we saw Kallen and Lelouch together at Ashford.

Let's just relax a bit and let the things play out while hoping for the best.

However, for some reason, I think in the direction Lelouch is going, he'll lose it and probably be defeated by his own ego. Hopefully, he will learn in the next episode or two but as I said, anything can happen.
Did you see how Arthur shows up when he's not expected? He will take Kallen in the end. Mark my words
linkinstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 05:27   Link #8220
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkinstreet View Post
Did you see how Arthur shows up when he's not expected? He will take Kallen in the end. Mark my words
Who I feel really sorry for are some of those other Knights. One episode and dead.