Old 2012-02-15, 13:03   Link #1821
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
Thanks for the advice, Duo and Kafriel. Trinity, huh? That's a lot of gold
Old 2012-02-15, 13:33   Link #1822
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Play smart, you don't rush trinity force. What you do rush, is Sheen, due to the amazing synergy with Q. If you're stomping the enemy team, you can opt to finish TriForce early and take the game, I've done it on occasion...but yeah, Nasus is a slow starter, so by the time you've farmed enough, completing the item will just keep your damage up to date with everyone's survivability investments.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 18:43   Link #1823
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I just can't see a single lane where Nautilus is actually good. As jungler he autoloses to everyone who can clear camps quickly (Shyvana, Nocturne, etc), as support he autoloses specially to Janna but any other support as well except Leona, as solo top he autoloses to anyone with sustain and dies to every gank if he ever crosses midway.

While his ultimate looks pretty amazing it's on a fairly high cooldown and if he misses his Q he does ... nothing. Maybe I'm exaggerating but after just a few games seeing him I'm already don't like him one bit.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 02:22   Link #1824
Kafriel
Senior Guest

You're exaggerating, it's all about teamwork. Nautilus+Volibear combo = full control over a lane. Why, you ask? Because the fling+pull+root from the former's passive is a very likely turret kill. Once you get the hang of riptide, you'll see his true dmg and cc potential, it can be used to slow down pursuers and clear minion waves. I prefer playing @ bot because he can use dredge line to freely change his position and proceed to be aggressive, he's not much of a farmer before LV9.

P.S: Just because he can jungle, it doesn't mean he should Phreak may enjoy playing everyone as a jungler, but put Nautilus and Lee Sin together and see who clears faster and ganks better...
Old 2012-02-17, 08:01   Link #1825
Kafriel
Senior Guest

New champion (Fiora - fencer) kit:
Spoiler for Abilities:

Bears the carry tag, so AD carry to match Ahri in terms of speed. Should be good...
Old 2012-02-17, 14:57   Link #1826
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

You forgot her look ^^

She looks like Talon's sis
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 18:08   Link #1827
M3llo
munch munch

Nautilus is slow in the jungle and weak solo top, his ganks are only good for very low ELO. hes something like the boar champion released 2-3 weeks ago
as for the new champ llike, i guess they never gonna release a support, its like either force some changes in meta and rework supports or make it 4 vs 4 on SR cos its boring
M3llo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 19:44   Link #1828
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
You forgot her look ^^

She looks like Talon's sis
She definitely looks to be part of the Noxian commando group thing. She looks a lot like Riven in that one skin.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 23:17   Link #1829
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Hmmm Fiora sounds interesting, I think I'll plan to save IP for her release since it seems like she'll be a good solo top champ and I really need someone as alternative Irelia despite how good I am with her sometimes , since bans or otherside picks her in draft I don't have a good 2nd for the role.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 03:15   Link #1830
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I got enough of everything, but...one more couldn't hurt, right?
Quote:
Nautilus is slow in the jungle and weak solo top, his ganks are only good for very low ELO. hes something like the boar champion released 2-3 weeks ago
QFT...not jungler material in any case.
Old 2012-02-19, 10:27   Link #1831
Otani-kun
Beta Tester

Send a message via MSN to Otani-kun
Nautilus is a fine jungler, way better in everything than Sejuani.

He clears the jungle decently fast, and he does more damage + plus he has a slow (E) and some stuns (Q + passive), makes for some pretty good ganks. I wouldnt know about solo top though, I prefer to play champions with sustain there.
Otani-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 12:01   Link #1832
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
He clears the jungle decently fast, and he does more damage + plus he has a slow (E) and some stuns (Q + passive), makes for some pretty good ganks.
Fast is anything between 3:30 and 4:20. His damage is very weak early game, he seriously lacks mobility (like, couldn't go any lower without Riot introducing a new limit to speed), and his slow is hard to land, exactly because he lacks mobility. His Q is a pull, not a stun; it pulls and knocks back at the same time, there is always some distance between Nautilus and his target, which makes riptide more likely to miss. His passive is a root, also not a stun, and lasts for a whooping 1 second...even with this and red buff, booted enemies can and will outrun him.
Sejuani isn't a great jungler but imo she's better than Nautilus, both in damage and CC. If anything, she's got three slows, which are much better and more consistent than Nautilus' kit, and her W actually deals damage. Nautilus' weakest point is definitely his W, the shield is too easy to break even mid-game, so the resulting heavy dps is rarely ever dished out.
Old 2012-02-19, 19:25   Link #1833
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Thing that really ticks me off Nautilus is that nothing short of cloth + 5 pot will work, unless you have REAL STRONG pull at blue.

Call me being spoiled, but I'm so used to regrowth, longsword, vamp sceptre, or boots start that all other junglers do that going back to cloth makes me question on the viability of his jungle. Apparently he REALLY starts getting quick once he gets levels (no duh, he has two AoE abilities when junglers are lucky to have 1), but sometimes, you can't just rely on teammates to hold out long enough for you to do so that I personally don't like him.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 23:42   Link #1834
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otani-kun View Post
Nautilus is a fine jungler, way better in everything than Sejuani.
There is a common misunderstanding about Sejuani. You don't jungle Sejuani to kill, you play her to win teamfights. If you want to compare her to another jungler, compare her to Alistar.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 00:20   Link #1835
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

The only reason you jungle with Sej is because she's horrible in lane. Another thing to take it in mind that a jungling Sej's priority is different compare to, say, a Tryn or Jax.
Old 2012-02-20, 08:40   Link #1836
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Actually, Sejuani is most alike to Amumu. AoE speed clears the jungle, pre-6 ganks are meh, but 6+ ganks are godlike with ult up. XD

That said, Sejuani clears jungle better than Nautilus for the first (even maybe second) clear, but Nautilus has better ganks pre-6. Only difference is that Sejuani has alternatives (like aforementioned Amumu, but also Malphite), but Nautilus is one of a kind in his devastating ganks pre-6 that continues to pick up jungle speed as he levels while being item independent all along.

Old 2012-02-20, 14:39   Link #1837
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Thing that really ticks me off Nautilus is that nothing short of cloth + 5 pot will work, unless you have REAL STRONG pull at blue.
One parrrley and I pulled it off with pendant Okay, so...I tried some more jungling with Nautilus, still average-to-slow on clearing jungle, laid up some good ganks but they depended on dredge line a lot. If the lane's even slightly pushed, the enemy can take cover in brush behind minions and walk away. Doesn't make it any easier when it's Shen&Irelia, but at least I managed to get one of the two.
Old 2012-02-22, 09:46   Link #1838
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I realized what I was doing wrong... Nautilus W actually resets his attack timer (I was wondering why I can't put up the shield just as he is to hit the target). Which considering he has the 2nd or 3rd worst base AS in the game, is a significant HUGE increase in terms of survivability as DPSing his targets is his main weakness early.

Old 2012-02-29, 08:12   Link #1839
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

So first Fiora by my testing in custom/bots seems to pull off my jungle Yi route better than Yi does with higher HP the whole way with similar time due RNG for Yi (starting with Vampiric Scepter2 golems(smite) > wraiths/wolves > blue(smite) > wraith/golems > red(smite)), and stronger earlier ganks with the way her q and e work, and I was just shocked at her ult does so much damage , definitely need to try her out in some real matches later...

Also I found this red post to be a sign of something I hopes happens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello
Atmog's is something I wanna chew up, but we want to put more appropriate Fighter items in first so they don't just leave the game.
I hate Atmogs generally personally it easily feels like the most cheesy item ever, so I'd love to see it go .
MAL

Last edited by Kotohono; 2012-02-29 at 08:42.
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 14:25   Link #1840
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Fiora's not out in Europe yet Funny you should mention jungle Yi, I just got out of such a game. Pretty fast time (did a straight blue->red->wolves path with all the rest in it and ganked top), full HP, no smite I rarely ever sub smite on junglers, but cleanse/ghost is just too damn good on him. Add youmuu's active and a cleaver, and he's a real killing machine. His Q is imba though, I dodged ace in the hole with alpha strike...such a waste of an ulti.

Atmog's is the staple combo of any tough dps, which is probably the predominant class in LoL. Can't just get rid of it like that...but after the new items, I'm sure riot will make something even better!

Tags
league of legends, lol