Old 2013-03-13, 17:15   Link #5242
Wingzeroangelofdeath

I tried but it makes up weird sentences lol
Old 2013-03-15, 18:16   Link #5243
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingzeroangelofdeath View Post
I tried but it makes up weird sentences lol
LOL! Even when you try to break it down word by word it's hard to figure out what Google Translate is trying to say. If anyone knows of a reliable Spanish site I can translate that!

BTW, what happened to Deacon? Is he still around or did he give up on GoL?

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 20:11   Link #5244
Wingzeroangelofdeath

What is GoL if I may ask? I see it coming back and forth but don't know the meaning :P?
Old 2013-03-15, 23:49   Link #5245
FalsePrime

GoL is Glory of The Losers, it's a retelling of the Gundam Wing TV series using the Katoki Designs and story changes (that unlike FT actually kick ass and so far has done nothing but make Wing far better then it actually was) like Trowa becoming a member of OZ earlier and a different interactions for Duo/Heero/Relena in school.

I can't recommend GoL enough to anyone who loved, or even hated Wing just because how much better it is.

I can't remmeber if it was confirmed or just rumored but I remember reading that GoL would go up through EW and possibly FT. However give FT is a mess I wouldn't mind if it skipped it once we got the rest of the Designs.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 09:39   Link #5246
Wingzeroangelofdeath

I have a manga on my pc called the Glory of the defeated, isn't that the same thing?
It starts with Duo attacking some space leo's.

So if I'm not mistaken, GoL is still running? When will the next chapter(s) come out, I've chapter 1-4 now.
Old 2013-03-16, 10:04   Link #5247
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

First of all, welcome to the threat Wingzeroangelofdeath.

Glory of the Defeated was the initial (and better sounding) translation title of the new GW manga, until Bandai revealed it's actually supposed to be Glory of Losers. Yay for Japanese and English...

As for the chapters, we're currently at chapter 27. In light of that, you might want to go with the volume releases found here and here. The first three volumes cover chapters 1 to 19, so after those you'll need to download the rest individually.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 10:22   Link #5248
Ragecry

So, bare with me here.
Frozen Teardrop = How high Sumisawa has to be to think that a plot is good.

I was actaully thinking, "Hey, this can be a good thing to read once I'm done with some other anime, maybe even rewatching Wing / EW and go on to reading this."

But now I have that fear after reading SO MUCH negative opinions on the novel.
Ragecry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 13:14   Link #5249
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Considering how many fans had high expectations for the novel, the amount of negative feedback is hardly surprising, given how Sumizawa has written a boatload of bullcrap into the series with it.

Still, that shouldn't keep you from giving it a shot. Although my suggestion would be to only read the parts happening in the Mars timeline. If you see AC in the headline, skip it. The only thing you'll miss out on is killing your brain cells. Doing it this way might even save the pacing.
Old 2013-03-16, 13:53   Link #5250
Wingzeroangelofdeath

Thanks Ikuze, I'm now downloading volume 1 and 2 from the first link you gave me, but there isn't a download link for vol. 3 on that website.

As for GW/EW, I rewatched both, I finished EW last Sunday lol. Even though FT might irritate me, I still wan't to read it. That's why I'm waiting for someone to post the english chapters
Old 2013-03-16, 14:10   Link #5251
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

I know, but you can find the third volume through the second link. Just scroll down and click on the third post from the bottom which reads "Endless Waltz blabla." That's the one you're looking for.

And as far as FT is concerned, I'm afraid we'll have to settle with Google translator for now. Even if we found someone else willing to translate the chapters into English, that person would have to be fluent in Chinese since we don't have Japanese raws right now.
Not that I blame anyone, Gundam Ace is dang expensive. Especially when it needs to be shipped. >_>

Oh, and you're welcome.
Old 2013-03-17, 07:29   Link #5252
Wingzeroangelofdeath

I wouldn't mind buying Gundam Ace, even if it's € 50 euros :P, as long as it contains the English version of FT lol.

Anyways, just really glad I found this thread somewhere on the internet, at least I'll be able to keep up with the updates and stuff
Old 2013-03-17, 14:33   Link #5253
Wingzeroangelofdeath

@IkuzeMinna, sorry for asking so much things, but the mediafire link to volume 03 is dead. Do you have any other site to download from? (Guess that's why torrents work better because the availability of the files lol)
Old 2013-03-18, 11:11   Link #5254
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Oh, sorry about that. I guess that's why the link was missing. Here's a mirror.

Now that you mention it, I remember something about mediafire being a jerk about Deacon's files. If there's any other missing link, drop me a word.
Old 2013-03-18, 16:40   Link #5255
Wingzeroangelofdeath

Thanks IkuzeMinna!

Will do! Before I forget, is there any chance of FT becoming an actual anime? Like Unicorn was if I'm not mistaken? Even though FT isn't great according to a lot of fans, some people like me would still watch it.
Old 2013-03-18, 21:51   Link #5256
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingzeroangelofdeath View Post
Will do! Before I forget, is there any chance of FT becoming an actual anime? Like Unicorn was if I'm not mistaken? Even though FT isn't great according to a lot of fans, some people like me would still watch it.
Let us hope not. Personally, there is WAY too much OOCness that it puts fanfics to shame.

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Old 2013-03-19, 08:17   Link #5257
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

I dunno... If it had Unicorn's level of animation, I wouldn't care less if Doc S is a tranny or if suits are meowing or barking or gobbling like turkeys. It would be stupid, yes, especially if there's Wagner playing in the background, but I'd take it if we'd get to see Epyon vs Epyon or Duo vs Naina. Names and story and characters aside, I genuinely enjoyed the Gundam battles and certainly wouldn't mind seeing those animated. And, quite frankly, only those.

Still, I believe chances are relatively low for that to happen. I have absolutely no idea how FT and subsequently Wing are faring in Japan right now, but I think Bandai and Sunrise would make more profit off other shows. For instance, Seed's promised movie would be higher on the list of priorities than FT, since it's more recent and has a huge following, if the DVD sales of that brain fart GSD are any indication.
So yeah, snowball's chance I'd say.

EDIT: In case anyone is bored, here's a GW quiz. You know you're a real nerd when you can answer all of these.

Spoiler for GW quiz:

Spoiler for Answers:

Last edited by IkuzeMinna; 2014-10-08 at 15:18. Reason: added answers. seriously late, that is
Old 2013-03-19, 17:47   Link #5258
Wingzeroangelofdeath

Answers:

Spoiler:
Old 2013-03-19, 20:45   Link #5259
Eeni

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
EDIT: In case anyone is bored, here's a GW quiz. You know you're a real nerd when you can answer all of these.

Spoiler for GW quiz & my answers:
I think I did decently!

Last edited by Eeni; 2013-03-20 at 03:06.
Old 2013-03-20, 15:36   Link #5260
Wingzeroangelofdeath

Hi there again,

I downloaded the remaining chapters for GoL, but chapter 20,21,22,23 couldn't be downloaded because of broken links. Can someone give me the proper links?

My sincere thanks

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing