AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-07-10, 08:58   Link #121
Konja7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Watching the OP (which was awesome 2nd only to Watamote's OP), I can't help but notice that main girl seems flatter in her g-suit than her normal clothes. Yeah, need to get my mind out of the gutter...
I also noticed that. She must be really tight in that suit.

Actually, the three characters do not seem to fit into their suits. The guys must have lot of empty in the suit (they do not have enough muscle).
Konja7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 12:05   Link #122
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
I also noticed that. She must be really tight in that suit.

Actually, the three characters do not seem to fit into their suits. The guys must have lot of empty in the suit (they do not have enough muscle).
Or the suit could have a lot of armor and/or concealed weapons in them.
Old 2013-07-10, 23:16   Link #123
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
they transform into their superhero modes using cellphones instead of the original wrist watches/ bracelets? so Super Sentai-y & Jetman was said to be inspired by the original Gatchaman
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 15:13   Link #124
Jun pls

I've got a question. Any info on Rui Ninomiya's gender?
Seiyuu is male and I think (not too sure) his voice is rather low?
I forgot what Haru in Tonari sounded like.

But wiki and MAL are talking about a young woman so I'm kinda confused
Jun pls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 03:17   Link #125
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jun pls View Post
I've got a question. Any info on Rui Ninomiya's gender?
Seiyuu is male and I think (not too sure) his voice is rather low?
I forgot what Haru in Tonari sounded like.

But wiki and MAL are talking about a young woman so I'm kinda confused
Nah, Murase Ayumu's voice is not low, I think it's high for a guy, it has this "young teenage boy" quality to it. (Btw Haru was played by Suzuki Tatsuhisa, not him.) The official site doesn't state the character's gender, but I think he's a guy? At least I can't imagine them getting a male seiyuu (even with a voice like Murase's, it's still obviously a male voice) to play a woman, unless it's for comedy purposes, and this doesn't seem to be that kind of show. (Also observe the perfectly flat chest.)

Btw, if you've seen Shinsekai yori, Murase played teenage Shun, I think that's the voice he's going to use here.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 03:46   Link #126
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Nah, Murase Ayumu's voice is not low, I think it's high for a guy, it has this "young teenage boy" quality to it.
That's because he is a teenage boy. This is him standing next to director Ishihama last year and him behind Kaji in a group shot with the Shinsekai Yori cast early this year (source: Motoki Takagi's blog).
Quote:
(Btw Haru was played by Suzuki Tatsuhisa, not him.)
He played young Haru and Shizuku's little brother in the anime.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 04:29   Link #127
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
That's because he is a teenage boy. This is him standing next to director Ishihama last year and him behind Kaji in a group shot with the Shinsekai Yori cast early this year (source: Motoki Takagi's blog).
Yes, I know he's very young (awww), but I've known many teenage boys with a deeper voice, so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
He played young Haru and Shizuku's little brother in the anime.
Ah. I think I never got that far...
Old 2013-07-12, 06:23   Link #128
Jun pls

Quote:
Nah, Murase Ayumu's voice is not low, I think it's high for a guy, it has this "young teenage boy" quality to it. (Btw Haru was played by Suzuki Tatsuhisa, not him.) The official site doesn't state the character's gender, but I think he's a guy? At least I can't imagine them getting a male seiyuu (even with a voice like Murase's, it's still obviously a male voice) to play a woman, unless it's for comedy purposes, and this doesn't seem to be that kind of show. (Also observe the perfectly flat chest.)

Btw, if you've seen Shinsekai yori, Murase played teenage Shun, I think that's the voice he's going to use here.
Ah, I only watched a clip or two of Tonari and I read on his site on ANN that he voiced Haru so I didn't know that, sorry.

Well, I thought that Rui is going to be a guy too (especially because of that super flat chest) but then again, that idol (which looks pretty girly so I asume it's a girl???) is extremely flatchested as well (at least on that artwork shown here on this thread). And bikini girl is kinda flat as well, and that's what confused me the most in the end.
And MAL and wiki both wrote this:
"A young woman living on the top floor in the high-class mansion-apartment building Glorious Tower Toyosu in Tokyo's Koto ward. Her trump card is her superb intellect. [...] "

After that I wasn't sure anymore because I thought that Rui looked rather boy-ish

Thanks for answering, btw!
Old 2013-07-12, 08:34   Link #129
kuromitsu

Quote:
Well, I thought that Rui is going to be a guy too (especially because of that super flat chest) but then again, that idol (which looks pretty girly so I asume it's a girl???) is extremely flatchested as well (at least on that artwork shown here on this thread). And bikini girl is kinda flat as well, and that's what confused me the most in the end.
Ah, but bikini girl and Mysterious Female-type Character have female seiyuu. There also Berg Katze but his seiyuu is Miyano Mamoru so there's not a lot of chance of him being female in the traditional meaning of the word.

Quote:
And MAL and wiki both wrote this:
"A young woman living on the top floor in the high-class mansion-apartment building Glorious Tower Toyosu in Tokyo's Koto ward. Her trump card is her superb intellect. [...] "
I don't know where they got that from - was there an interview or something? By the way, the Japanese wikipedia says 青年 "seinen" which most definitely implies being male.
Old 2013-07-12, 10:05   Link #130
Jun pls

Quote:
Ah, but bikini girl and Mysterious Female-type Character have female seiyuu. There also Berg Katze but his seiyuu is Miyano Mamoru so there's not a lot of chance of him being female in the traditional meaning of the word.

I don't know where they got that from - was there an interview or something? By the way, the Japanese wikipedia says 青年 "seinen" which most definitely implies being male.
I guess that's true about bikini girl and mysterious female-type.

And thanks about clearing that up with the "seinen" in Japanese wiki. And no idea where they got that from.
I was on zerochan yesterday and on a FA of Sugune and Joe (??) was also Rui and it was tagged as "female" (and other tags of course).
I showed this to my best friend because I thought it was funny and then she told me that MAL wrote that Rui is female.
Old 2013-07-12, 10:27   Link #131
kuromitsu

Well, in any case the official site doesn't really specify anything so I suppose it's still up in the air. (Technically "seinen" could be female as well, but it's usually used for males.) But with a male seiyuu I'd be really surprised if Rui was female.
Old 2013-07-12, 14:38   Link #132
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Well. Hajime really enjoyed that!

Spoiler for HENSHIN!:
Old 2013-07-12, 14:50   Link #133
ustatsu

That was ok, hard to say anything more, typical 1st episode with some introduction to the world and its characters, nothing special. I like the overall design of the show, not only the fabulous style of the characters, but some of the backgrounds were also pretty, I also don’t mind the CG suits.

Transformation BGM is also cool, Gatchamaaaaaaan~

Edit: If the voice acting in Aiura is considered to be ear-sex, Maaya Uchidas voice would be ear-cancer.
ustatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 15:05   Link #134
Kazu-kun

Hajime's voice will take some getting used to but I'm loving her already. She so fucking crazy.
Old 2013-07-12, 15:13   Link #135
Jun pls

All of them are so freaky and weird I already love them
I agree with Kazu-kun, Hajime is so friggin' crazy but I like that
I like the OP and ED alot already, can't wait for next episode!
Old 2013-07-12, 15:13   Link #136
Horse

That super long shot of their legs and ripples tells me the 2D animation might be unfinished (not to mention not that great). I was afraid of this with the lack of promos before the show. Kind of a C redux in that department.

The CG work is surefine though. Not much else to say, unfortunately.
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 15:58   Link #137
InternHertz
.lone.....

Show is an instant win : Tange Sakura is the voice of the phone the woman having a stomach ache right at the start of episode 1.
Only reason I need to continue watching it! (I have of course other reasons at well )
InternHertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 16:06   Link #138
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Welp, Hajime just topped Hasebe as my favourite character of the season. Talk about taking one's genkiness AND eccentricness to the next level.

Oh yeah, I think I'm in love with her trademark smile :->

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 16:45   Link #139
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 1:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 16:50   Link #140
kuromitsu

I think Hajime's voice is fine, what she does with it is another thing... But it fits her crazy personality. She's not exactly what I expected, but I think that's for the better. I can't help but like her, she just totally rolls with everything, no matter how weird it is, and takes the lead. She's probably going to be a divisive character, though (much like Haru was in Tsuritama).

Also, I like how they breezed through the obligatory introduction part. "YOU ARE GATCHAMAN" "Sure, can I keep the notebook?" "We are the Gatchaman team, we protect the Earth blah blah blah" "'Kay, got it!" Right into the craziness.

As for the story, there was not a lot of it yet, but I loved what we got. I hope we'll get to know a lot about the other characters, they all seem interesting (even though I sort of hoped OD wouldn't have the usual okama type voice, ah well).

And JJ is cool.

Also, the visuals - I love the visuals. The anime looks sort of fragmented but in a non-obnoxious, stylish way. (And the character designer is apparently really into high heels. Not that I mind, they look cool.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse View Post
That super long shot of their legs and ripples tells me the 2D animation might be unfinished (not to mention not that great).
There was certainly something missing from that scene, namely the thing they were talking about. Hajime even says "ooh they're back" or something to that effect but we see nothing. The 2D animation in general doesn't really mesh with the more blatantly CG settings, but to me this just adds to the abstract, pop quality of the show. Especially with the way the MESS baddies are totally flat 2D without even trying to merge in their environment, and how the CGI suits are totally... well, what one would expect. So even if they're having animation issues, I actually don't have an issue with it so far.

Tags
reimagining, science fiction, superhero