AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto (Season Two) - Episode 14-16 Rating
Perfect 10 25 19.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 13.95%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 10.08%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 6.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 9.30%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.55%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 3.10%
3 out of 10 : Bad 10 7.75%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 3.10%
1 out of 10 : Painful 33 25.58%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-18, 08:03   Link #61
MasterVampire

Dat kiss.

Why couldnt they stay secret lovers?
Old 2013-08-18, 08:05   Link #62
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist

Well I have to say, as an anime only viewer....That ending was bullshit and contrived. He broke all those girls hearts (at least 4 of them ffs) for the sake of a relationship he knew would never flourish with his own biological sister. I'm lucky to get one girlfriend in 2-3 years and this guy is throwing a handful of them away all at once for nothing!

Dumb, dumb, dumb, and pretty much ruined the entire series.
Old 2013-08-18, 08:21   Link #63
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterVampire View Post
Dat kiss.

Why couldnt they stay secret lovers?
Well, they weren't secret lovers to begin with. They pretty much told every single one of their close friends. What happens afterwards is up to the reader / viewer. But the author has left enough hints as to where their relationship is possibly headed.

Quote:
He broke all those girls hearts (at least 4 of them ffs) for the sake of a relationship he knew would never flourish with his own biological sister. I'm lucky to get one girlfriend in 2-3 years and this guy is throwing a handful of them away all at once for nothing!
I have seen this argument a couple of times now. And, ignoring interpretational content, I have to ask this question: Should he then be together with somebody he knows he loves less than another person? Would this be fair to himself and fair to the girl?
Old 2013-08-18, 08:34   Link #64
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
I have seen this argument a couple of times now. And, ignoring interpretational content, I have to ask this question: Should he then be together with somebody he knows he loves less than another person? Would this be fair to himself and fair to the girl?
No, but love can develop between the two over time. I've seen situations and stories that have pulled this off pretty well(even better than the main romance imo).
If circumstances demand it, over time, a person can learn to love someone even if there is someone else that they love more.
The belief that your lover, significant other etc. is the person you love the most in the world isn't exactly as true as many people believe but that really depends on the couple in context tho. :/
All in all, this is a difficult question to answer when you take into account all of the possibilities and scenarios that apply to it.
Old 2013-08-18, 09:47   Link #65
Peanutbutter

As an anime-only watcher, commenting on the story presented, I'll say this is really bad writing. As an imouto series, usually, the writing goes into the development of why there is an imouto end, then gradually leading the reader to it.

Here, it's like I'm being shoved down the imouto end, and later after that, all the "justifications" and development that I was trying to see before it.

Maybe the light novels does make it slightly better, from a viewer commenting on the author's writing, I'll still think it's really bad writing, and an ending that is shoved on us.

(It's different from my avatar, even from the anime, even though the development was sexual in nature, I still felt better watching that rather than this.)

This is just my point of view. Can't help it if anyone really wants to take it seriously, but I just need to let it out.

That Kuroneko rejection was so heartbreaking I nearly teared.

That Manami punch was so cool and unexpected I clapped and applauded.

Props to the VAs and Satou Satomi in particular. That cute voice along with that stare, brilliant. Her rejection was also sad to watch.

Really, the best parts of this series were the rejections. I'm definitely not on the Kirino bandwagon.
Old 2013-08-18, 10:02   Link #66
jandkas

And thus the end of a great anime series. Words can't described how I feel. The ending is too bittersweet.
Old 2013-08-18, 10:14   Link #67
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
No, but love can develop between the two over time. I've seen situations and stories that have pulled this off pretty well(even better than the main romance imo).
If circumstances demand it, over time, a person can learn to love someone even if there is someone else that they love more.
The belief that your lover, significant other etc. is the person you love the most in the world isn't exactly as true as many people believe but that really depends on the couple in context tho. :/
All in all, this is a difficult question to answer when you take into account all of the possibilities and scenarios that apply to it.
Even you admit that this is not fair. And for him, those girl deserve better than this. They deserve someone better than him, better than a person who 'might' love them back in the future.
Old 2013-08-18, 10:42   Link #68
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Kuroneko, I feel your pain because deep down:

"Yes... from the beginning... I... knew it would... end this way..."

This is one of the most painful rejections I've seen - to hope that things will end the way you want to, yet know that it never will, and still have to watch and smile as you voluntarily tear up all your plans, both literally and figuratively.

With my biased shipper goggles on tight, I think Kuroneko has grown the most out of all the characters, and it's a pity that we don't get to see how things turn out for her.

Goeben Alaska Hood Albacore Archerfish

Lexington Hornet Taihou Ranger Surcouf

Wichita Houston Sirius Yuubari Brooklyn

Ikazuchi Hibiki Aviere Akizuki Suzutsuki

Old 2013-08-18, 11:21   Link #69
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
What can I say, that Kyou-chan can't be a heartbreaking lady killer!?

Seriously, Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu is slightly better than this...
Old 2013-08-18, 11:29   Link #70
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
I think you're expecting a fair bit of a teenager, though. At his age, he's still driven primarily by hormones, but he's put in a situation where he has all these girls waiting for him to give them an answer. After soul-searching, he follows his heart, and tries to do "the right thing" by closing the doors to help them move on. He knows in his head that the relationship can't work out as easily as it does in games, but he can't reconcile his feelings for Kirino with the idea of committing to a different romantic relationship at that time, and he doesn't want them to keep expecting that of him.

If he were, like, 5-10 years older and more world-wise, then maybe he'd have the maturity needed to compartmentalize his feelings for Kirino and push himself into a relationship with someone else. I suppose you could even argue that this is what he was doing without realizing it when Kirino encouraged him to get into a relationship with Ruri -- if Ruri had let that progress, he may have been able eventually to let his feelings for Kirino die down. But for him to make that sort of choice consciously at his age requires a lot more wisdom/maturity than most teenagers have, in my experience at least.

In the end, Kyousuke had to do what it made sense for Kyousuke to do in that situation at his age, not necessarily what we as viewers would have done at our age in his situation.
Old 2013-08-18, 11:33   Link #71
shironeko8

this was me the whole time:
Old 2013-08-18, 11:42   Link #72
eduard3

Quote:
Sorry to but in but....the moment you said "No" it's already wrong in my opinion. Take note that all this is just opinionated but...I feel that it's wrong to accept to tell someone you love them when there's someone else you love more. It's insulting to the girl as if they're just your "backup" or "2nd best." While what you say IS true that the love can grow, I don't think someone should go into the relationship before then, there are ways to get yourself some time to decide and Kyousuke kinda did that with Ruri, and when he finally did decide he told her.
Old 2013-08-18, 11:44   Link #73
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Spoiler for ..:
Old 2013-08-18, 11:52   Link #74
vadrigar848

i wonder if they are going to add the missing scenes in the BD release such as the mikagami scene.

just like fate zero, where saber, gil, rider were talking together. in the BD relase the episode, if i remember correctly, clocked 26 or 28 minutes.
Old 2013-08-18, 11:54   Link #75
kentasaiba

Welcome in the 21th century
Old 2013-08-18, 12:40   Link #76
Guy Incognito
Odd Gentlemen

i wish it was less vague but i like the ending.

- Guy Incognito 2014
Old 2013-08-18, 13:00   Link #77
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I think you're expecting a fair bit of a teenager, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduard3 View Post
Sorry to but in but....the moment you said "No" it's already wrong in my opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVN.Chaos View Post
Even you admit that this is not fair. And for him, those girl deserve better than this. They deserve someone better than him, better than a person who 'might' love them back in the future.
a)I was expecting a little too much out of a teenager but that's more my fault than his to be frank. He did alright for a kid his age, but sometimes being a kid can't excuse a person from their actions which is why I judge harsher than most people. :/
Was mostly thinking of Maison Ikkoku and Itazura na Kiss as examples of two people ending up together despite not being #1 in their heart.

b)Was mostly thinking of people who value their children more than their significant other thus making them their #1 in their hearts. If a father loves his children more than his significant other, should his significant other feel insulted that he loves someone else more than the significant other?

c)They probably do, but I think they also need to grow up more because there's a lot out there that they need to experience first. But in the end, life isn't as fair as we want it to be.

I was just suggesting that it is possible that two people would end up together even if they are not in love with other or love someone else and it could be fleshed out decently but I didn't intend to imply that I was suggesting that it should happen and I apologize if I sounded like that.

tl;dr: I didn't explain myself well enough and didn't include enough specifics.
Old 2013-08-18, 13:07   Link #78
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was awful. Absolutely awful. The writing for this series has never been very good in the first place but it reached a new low in these final episodes. If you want to make an incest ending despite it not making sense in the first place (at least in the context of the anime, I don't know and don't care about the light novels), do it. Don't cop out at the last minute. He rejected all those awesome girls for the chance to be with Kirino only for a few months? You have to be kidding me... that's just adding to the injury. I can't think of any way they could have made this ending worse.

The only good scene was Manami punching Kirino. I'm not pro violence but I have to admit that was incredibly satisfying. The vindicative **** totally deserved it. This made suffering through these three episodes worth it. Kind of.

In the end, Kuroneko remained the best girl in this show by far. She was able to remain friends with Kirino and support her even after all this. I hope she'll find somebody better than Kyousuke.
Old 2013-08-18, 13:22   Link #79
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Stopped watching after the first one of these so I've missed things like the Kirino/Manami fight etc. - all I can say that it's struck off my list of anime.

The whole thing doesn't make any sense - this plot point of Kyousuke confessing and proposing to Kirino (and her ACCEPTING after yelling out how creepy it all is) is so hopelessly forced into the series that it feels less like shoehorning and more hammering the damn thing in. The whole incestuous nature of it was bad enough, but this takes enough biscuits to fill a school hallway.

Seriously bad, horrible, awful, I'm running out of derogatory words to say about it. Very disappointing.
Old 2013-08-18, 13:26   Link #80
Dop
Mmmm....

OK, so instead of Copout Terrible Ending or Even Worse Terrible Ending, they plumped for Completely Nonsensical but Slighty Less Terrible Ending. Which doesn't make it any better.

High point: MANAMI PUNCH!
Heartwrenching point: Kuroneko's wail.
Closed Thread