AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-09-20, 13:48   Link #2221
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

But a landslide can not be considered as a lifeform
Old 2009-09-20, 13:49   Link #2222
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssol View Post
The order is not correct because Kumasawa and Nanjo died before those three. They should have been the real fourth and fifth.

The twilight must be determined only by where on your body you are staked for episode 3. However, Kyrie is staked in the head in episode 4 but is not the fourth twilight.
How do we know they died in the order we're told? How do we know Nanjo and Kumasawa were dead when they said, or which of the three in Natsuhi's room died first? The magic scenes are obviously misleading.

The easiest explanation for a mistaken staking, though, regardless of death order, is that the staker found the bodies all at once. Not knowing who died when, he or she simply staked the people at random, creating the "proper" order. If the staker isn't the killer, this makes even more sense, as he or she has no idea when people were killed.
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 13:51   Link #2223
~Diru~
SS.VDine full steam ahead

Maybe ep 3 is different as the nonhuman truth is only for the 3rd gameboard.
Old 2009-09-20, 14:04   Link #2224
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
If nobody survives the island, most of the impossibilities (as far as the police are concerned) never appear. (For example, Turn can be explained quite simply with Rosa killing everyone else.) What importance is the presence of a sixth key to them, when the location of the five during the two days are unknowable?

I don't think the killer cares that much what the police think; by the time they get involved, everything is over. I think the killer is trying to manipulate Maria into doing something, or revealing something she knows. (And on a longshot, maybe Battler can substitute for her, which is why he survives to the end.)
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 14:35   Link #2225
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

we know that Kinzo died before everyone else. that alone should suffice to come to the conclusion that either the "sacrifices" do not require to be killed in the right order, or the whole ritual is fake.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 14:41   Link #2226
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
we know that Kinzo died before everyone else. that alone should suffice to come to the conclusion that either the "sacrifices" do not require to be killed in the right order, or the whole ritual is fake.
Whole thing is that sometimes the culprit does attempt to make the ritual look convincing, concerning staking. Only time I see any abnormalities in it is in EP 4 and in EP 5. The ritual is fake but the culprit is obviously making some sort of attempt to follow the epitaph to some level.

But yes, obviously order of death does not factor order of staking. Yet another way the culprit tries to throw everyone off.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 17:01   Link #2227
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Whole thing is that sometimes the culprit does attempt to make the ritual look convincing, concerning staking. Only time I see any abnormalities in it is in EP 4 and in EP 5. The ritual is fake but the culprit is obviously making some sort of attempt to follow the epitaph to some level.

But yes, obviously order of death does not factor order of staking. Yet another way the culprit tries to throw everyone off.
Or the culprit is an opportunist, and stakes both his/her own kills as well as those made by others... or kills those who fake their deaths.
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 12:43   Link #2228
Escargotage
I want to believe.

Just curious, has EP6 been given a release date yet? I've heard Comkiet 77, but I'm sure that's speculation, right?
Old 2009-09-21, 12:46   Link #2229
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escargotage View Post
Just curious, has EP6 been given a release date yet? I've heard Comkiet 77, but I'm sure that's speculation, right?
Technically it is, but it's pretty good speculation considering that he releases an EP every Comiket.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 14:39   Link #2230
rogerpepitone

In episode 1, Krauss showed Natsuhi a hidden room where he had a bar of gold. Is there any other mention (even if just from the outside) of that room? (Battler doesn't mention it when he's searching the house in episode 4, for example.)
Old 2009-09-21, 14:42   Link #2231
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

As far as I know that room was never mentioned again. Anyway it is said that there was a very big padlock closing it. I'm 100% sure this means servants aren't allowed to enter. So Krauss is the only one who holds the key to that place....

That gotta be a pretty dusty room.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 15:38   Link #2232
rogerpepitone

Possibilities:

1) Continuity glitch: Ryukishi forgot about the room when he was writing episode 4.
2) Hidden: Battler was unable to find the room.
3) Indifference: Battler noticed it, but didn't mention it. (With the padlock, it couldn't be closed from the inside.)
4) Non-notability: The room was opened (and the gold removed?), and the room was no longer interesting.
5) Nonexistence: There was no such room, and the scene in episode 1 was phony.
Old 2009-09-21, 15:47   Link #2233
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
Possibilities:

1) Continuity glitch: Ryukishi forgot about the room when he was writing episode 4.
2) Hidden: Battler was unable to find the room.
3) Indifference: Battler noticed it, but didn't mention it. (With the padlock, it couldn't be closed from the inside.)
4) Non-notability: The room was opened (and the gold removed?), and the room was no longer interesting.
5) Nonexistence: There was no such room, and the scene in episode 1 was phony.
6) Illusion: The room exists but it's not locked and never had a gold bar in it. The scene was all in Natsuhi's mind.
Old 2009-09-21, 22:59   Link #2234
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssol View Post
6) Illusion: The room exists but it's not locked and never had a gold bar in it. The scene was all in Natsuhi's mind.
Why?

The gold is confirmed to exist by the red, which was the original point of that scene.

Why would it be fake?
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 23:12   Link #2235
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!

Send a message via AIM to Tjfarmer
Was the single gold bar, shown to Natsuhi by Krauss in ep 1 ever confirmed in red? Because I don't recall that one ever being confirmed.
Tjfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 23:51   Link #2236
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjfarmer View Post
Was the single gold bar, shown to Natsuhi by Krauss in ep 1 ever confirmed in red? Because I don't recall that one ever being confirmed.
-_-

The gold is confirmed to exist, and before scenes started to be fake, that scene existed to confirm the gold's existence.

It really doesn't matter.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 00:29   Link #2237
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
-_-

The gold is confirmed to exist, and before scenes started to be fake, that scene existed to confirm the gold's existence.

It really doesn't matter.
The confirmation given by Lambdadelta:
This mountain of gold is the real deal.
The ingots stored here are all genuine pure gold!
There are absolutely no trickeries, like replicas or imitations!!

There is no confirmation of the existence of the gold beyond episodes 2 and 5. While people will obviously point to episode 3 where Eva and Rosa find it, there is no confirmation in red.
You can't trust any words that aren't red.

However, I agree. Since it is confirmed to exist in eps 2 and 5 it probably exists in all the episodes.
Old 2009-09-22, 09:25   Link #2238
Dlanor .A. Nox
The Death!

Still it's most likely a Red Herring for the culprit since he/she knows it's location, since the epitaph was solved in Ep5 the culprit just gave the head's ring back and that was it, the Revenge of the Young Man from 19 Years Ago then started. The culprit was probably just trying to get the family riled up and confused with the gold scheme. I'm thinking the culprit didn't accomplish his/her original goal since Natsuhi was confirmed to be the killer (In everyone's eyes but Batter) and since then everyone banded together. Hence the killer was unable to do anything anymore, since he/she couldn't divide them anymore. How's this?
Old 2009-09-22, 12:41   Link #2239
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

The official poll is up now! :3
(Sorry, I didn't know where else to put this)
It seems to be a popularity poll. :3

http://umineko.locker.jp/vote/

... and somehow Ange STILL made it into the top 5 of this even though I don't remember seeing anything about her in EP5. O.o;
(same goes for Eva-Beatrice...)

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 12:44   Link #2240
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
The official poll is up now! :3
(Sorry, I didn't know where else to put this)
It seems to be a popularity poll. :3

http://umineko.locker.jp/vote/

... and somehow Ange STILL made it into the top 5 of this even though I don't remember seeing anything about her in EP5. O.o;
(same goes for Eva-Beatrice...)
You sound disapppointed that Ange made it so far.

afterall, incest is wincest.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote