AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-03-17, 05:24   Link #1341
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
I don't get the punchline of iPhone (Apple) + Microsoft/Bill Gates.
Because I am a ninny who sometimes transposes names that exist in the same field. It's now fixed for great justice.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 05:50   Link #1342
Furuno
Fuwaaa~~~
*IT Support

Send a message via Yahoo to Furuno
Okay, how much reputation points is needed to increase that green chamfer (sorry, too much 3dsmax) box?

Check my Blog / Thread / Twitter for some random stuffs...
Furuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 08:36   Link #1343
Zaku Hyuga
Domo Ori Gato Mr. Roboto
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by furuno View Post
Okay, how much reputation points is needed to increase that green chamfer (sorry, too much 3dsmax) box?
I'm not sure what the exact points are but you can read about it here
Zaku Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 10:16   Link #1344
Beelgarion
Anime Rendan

I just wanna ask is there a post counter somewhere, you know, when you post? I don't see any, or there just isn't?
Beelgarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 10:59   Link #1345
Shiro-Oh!
Previously Unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beelgarion View Post
I just wanna ask is there a post counter somewhere, you know, when you post? I don't see any, or there just isn't?
You mean like a bar that shows how many posts a member have made? There isn't one; you'll have to click on the member's profile to see their posts count.
Shiro-Oh! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 11:16   Link #1346
Beelgarion
Anime Rendan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unknown Ace View Post
You mean like a bar that shows how many posts a member have made? There isn't one; you'll have to click on the member's profile to see their posts count.
Yes, I mean like that. Will it be add?
Beelgarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 11:38   Link #1347
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beelgarion View Post
Yes, I mean like that. Will it be add?
You mean the post counter right? It won't be added, that's given.

A discussion about it can be found HERE, from post 22 onwards. You'll also see reasons why it won't be added.
Old 2008-03-17, 16:37   Link #1348
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

This crossed my mind yesterday while making a comment in FC, and I suddenly felt like asking just out of curiosity......

To the mods or anyone that remembers.:

Is it true that the size and dimension limits of sigs was much smaller a few years ago?

I'll be the first to admit that I never put that much attention to sigs when I started checking this place back in mid 2004, and it wasn't until I got into photoshop (2006) that I took notice of the current limits.
Old 2008-03-17, 16:58   Link #1349
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
This crossed my mind yesterday while making a comment in FC, and I suddenly felt like asking just out of curiosity......

To the mods or anyone that remembers.:

Is it true that the size and dimension limits of sigs was much smaller a few years ago?

I'll be the first to admit that I never put that much attention to sigs when I started checking this place back in mid 2004, and it wasn't until I got into photoshop (2006) that I took notice of the current limits.
I wasn't here from Mid 2004 and before, but I remember it being 500x160 and 50kb since I've been here, which is very close to what you're wanting info for.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 17:07   Link #1350
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
If I remember correctly the limit used to be

Max Height 80 pixels, image size 50,000 bytes
or
Max Height 160 pixels, image size 30,000 bytes (hmmm, maybe it was 120 pixels, not 160)

Width was (as it is now) 500 pixels.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 18:04   Link #1351
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
I wasn't here from Mid 2004 and before, but I remember it being 500x160 and 50kb since I've been here, which is very close to what you're wanting info for.
Yeah, even without being certain, I was under the impression that the current limits have been around longer than me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
If I remember correctly the limit used to be

Max Height 80 pixels, image size 50,000 bytes
or
Max Height 160 pixels, image size 30,000 bytes (hmmm, maybe it was 120 pixels, not 160)

Width was (as it is now) 500 pixels.
Hmmmm... It must have been though for the sig makers of those days. >_<

Either way, It's good to know.

Thanks for the replies guys!
Old 2008-03-17, 22:04   Link #1352
Zaku Hyuga
Domo Ori Gato Mr. Roboto
*Author

When I make an image in MS paint it's nice and clear and has great quality, but once I put it on a website like photobucket, or I use it as my signature the quality goes down and it becomes smudgy. Why is this happening and what can I do to either prevent it from happening or fix it after it's happened? You can use what my sig looks like right now as an example, it's much clearer in paint and isn't smudgy in the backround.
Old 2008-03-17, 22:39   Link #1353
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
I would say because when you are creating it on MS paint, the original format is a lossless format, something like the MS paint file or a BMP file or the PSD file in photoshop. And i'm pretty sure you are using a jpeg which is a lossy format, meaning the quality is lowered to save size. Since it's a digital format instead of those magnetic VHS tape which cannot transfer data in a 100% ratio, a digital transfer of data should hold whatever data it is uploaded as.

You should save it as a BMP format and a jpeg to test out what's the different b/t them. Of course this is assuming you saved it as jpeg.

Here's an interesting article on jpeg and it's compression from wiki - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JPEG

from about.com - http://pcworld.about.com/news/Dec072004id118543.htm

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 22:49   Link #1354
Zaku Hyuga
Domo Ori Gato Mr. Roboto
*Author

Your right on target. I was saving them as jpeg, and the bmp doesn't mess them up. I really had never paid any attention to it and just saved them as it was set. Thanks a lot, you'll being seeing some better quality sigs from me from now on!
Old 2008-03-18, 00:46   Link #1355
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Polish Licenses

Whats Animesuk's Policy on Polish Licenses . Are the shows /movies taken as licensed in general ?

WRT : http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=63816
Old 2008-03-18, 01:06   Link #1356
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Whats Animesuk's Policy on Polish Licenses.
Our policy is simple. We ignore them. That's also our policy on German licenses, Spanish licenses, etc... If we were to keep track of every license in every language in the world we'd lose our minds. Not to mention the fact that this site is geared for English language only.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-18, 09:48   Link #1357
monster

Quick questions: Is there any order to the replies list for the people who have the same amount of posts? If so, what is it?

It's been puzzling me for quite some time now, so if anyone would answer, thanks a lot.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-18, 10:43   Link #1358
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
Is there any order to the replies list for the people who have the same amount of posts?
There is an order, obviously, but exactly what the forum software does not specify. I imagine it will be the order they are listed in the database, which would be the order they were created.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-18, 10:57   Link #1359
Kiyoru

I'm not sure if it's correct to ask here, as it's my first time venturing into this General Chat part and I didn't really want to create a whole thread just for this question, but here goes;

I can never stick with the same username on every site, and I want to but Kiyoru is taken in quite a lot of places, besides, I'm bored of that now. I also want to create a new YouTube account, but there's so many names taken on there, it makes it difficult. So, could anyone help me think of a good name that isn't likely to be taken anywhere?

I'm mostly aiming for anime character names, or japanese names really..
Kiyoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-18, 11:33   Link #1360
Zaku Hyuga
Domo Ori Gato Mr. Roboto
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyoru View Post
I'm not sure if it's correct to ask here, as it's my first time venturing into this General Chat part and I didn't really want to create a whole thread just for this question, but here goes;

I can never stick with the same username on every site, and I want to but Kiyoru is taken in quite a lot of places, besides, I'm bored of that now. I also want to create a new YouTube account, but there's so many names taken on there, it makes it difficult. So, could anyone help me think of a good name that isn't likely to be taken anywhere?

I'm mostly aiming for anime character names, or japanese names really..
You ought to be able to find something you like in here

Tags
problem, q&a, serious