AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-05-03, 19:40   Link #41
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Or were all of the GODS toned down?

You say that Raiden can only fight on the level of mortals...because he was BALANCED that way. How fun would the games be if one little lightning bolt from Raiden or whoever was equal to getting smashed by a real lightning bolt and you got Fatality'd on the spot? Not very.

The same thing will apply to Superman, etc...
Well that's kind of the point... many of the DC heroes would need to be nerfed horribly just to fight on the same level as most of the MK fighters (and that fact they need to be nerfed means they are in a different league)... this rather smacks in the face the idea of keeping the DC "true" to how they are portrayed in the comics.

The DC heroes have been long portrayed as being able to do stuff like fly at high speeds, tossing busses, run at speeds that humans can't even see, be invulnerable against bullets, swords and so forth... the gods of MK on the other hand, can not make the same claims as they have never been seen going nearly as far... they have always been potrayed as fighting on a low enough level that the humans can still fight against them.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-03, 20:18   Link #42
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Well that's kind of the point... many of the DC heroes would need to be nerfed horribly just to fight on the same level as most of the MK fighters (and that fact they need to be nerfed means they are in a different league)... this rather smacks in the face the idea of keeping the DC "true" to how they are portrayed in the comics.

The DC heroes have been long portrayed as being able to do stuff like fly at high speeds, tossing busses, run at speeds that humans can't even see, be invulnerable against bullets, swords and so forth... the gods of MK on the other hand, can not make the same claims as they have never been seen going nearly as far... they have always been potrayed as fighting on a low enough level that the humans can still fight against them.
Many of the MK characters has that kind of abilities

High Speeds: Kabal
Invulnerable Against Bullets: Blaze
Fly: Raiden

keep mentionating
Old 2008-05-04, 04:28   Link #43
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
Many of the MK characters has that kind of abilities

High Speeds: Kabal
Invulnerable Against Bullets: Blaze
Fly: Raiden

keep mentionating
Well, Kabal i would overlook since his speed is in short sprints, while flash does laps around the globe... Raiden, Flying isn't too special, i would think more about his lightning... but the way i always felt, his bolts were rather week as normal fighters don't fry (with the exceptions of fatalities)... i really don't recall seeing blaze doing that, but it's been a while since i played so i'll take your word for it...

So with a few exceptions like Blaze, i guess Demongod was somewhat right to say it's more like some MK characters were nerfed to fit the game... i mean, having that kind of invulnerability, and yet still be hurt by punches just screams of inconsistency. And that's what it comes down to... frankly, the way i think many feel is that whatever inconsistency that currently exists in MK they have been willing to overlook, since after years of seeing mere mortals fight with gods, we got use to the idea that the gods were just that weak (they call themselves gods and demons, but they don't flaunt their power like the DC heroes have always done)... but now with DC in the picture we look at it all again and it just doesn't make any sense since we can actually recognize how broken things are... I guess it's like the toning down was there, we just didn't see it before, but now the nerfing will be as bright as day... Hell even the DC heroes fighting against eachother seems broken... Some are just so much higher of a level.

And i think the big problem that comes with nerfing is the fact that it makes it impossible for those writers to keep the DC character true to how they are portrayed in the comics... Kinda funny thought did come to mind though... Scorpion vs Green Lantern
Old 2008-05-05, 21:24   Link #44
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Scorpion vs. Green Lantern=LMFAO.

As for the DC superheroes...basically all of them are hacks. If flash could run at the speed of light, by the laws of regular physics, he can just smash a decent sized rock into something and wipe it out in a heartbeat. Superman with his basic invulnerability+light speed flight can do the same thing.

The whole DC universe is ridiculous to begin with and the powers vary so long as it makes things interesting.
Old 2008-05-05, 23:08   Link #45
RisArk

The Flash can also phase through solid objects. He just holds back as much as Superman, sadly.
RisArk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-07, 11:48   Link #46
EvilMonkzilla

Send a message via MSN to EvilMonkzilla
hmmm i wonder who going to be the final boss in this game?
EvilMonkzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-07, 13:06   Link #47
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Exclamation NewInfo

Scorpion Confirmed

This is the oficial new aspect of Scorpion for MK-vs-DC, who was confirmed as character for the new Midway's Game yesterday

I don't know you, but I think that this is his best costume until now
Old 2008-05-07, 14:04   Link #48
EvilMonkzilla

i like Scorpion's new costume and is that the only character they showed?
Old 2008-05-07, 22:01   Link #49
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

^ Yep, for now the only characters confirmed for the game are Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Batman and Superman
Old 2008-05-09, 01:10   Link #50
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Exclamation New Info

Fatalityes Yes or No?

Although the fact that there will not be gore Fatalityes in MK-vs-DC was "confirmed", recently the cite Game Tap made an interview with Ed Boon in wich he made a coment a bit curious

"There are a lot of assumptions that there will be no blood in the game, that there are no fatalities in the game. My response is that, no, we're modifying fatalities. But I have every intention to keep finishers."

What is going on?

PLUS: A better image of Scorpion

Old 2008-05-09, 07:11   Link #51
EvilMonkzilla

well maybe he is going to make new fatalities (but he better keep some old ones)
Old 2008-05-09, 17:30   Link #52
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
[CENTER][SIZE="5"]
"There are a lot of assumptions that there will be no blood in the game, that there are no fatalities in the game. My response is that, no, we're modifying fatalities. But I have every intention to keep finishers."
The way i'm thinking from what i've heard going around...
Fatalties... minus the death and gore; taking the fatal out of fatality...
Cause you can have a "finishing move" that does not result in death... like some really fancy ass kicking... you can probably keep dreaming about ripping off Superman's head

Last edited by Slayerx; 2008-05-10 at 00:36.
Old 2008-05-10, 02:41   Link #53
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Exclamation New Info

More characters confirmed

The next characters had been confirmed for the game:

From DC universe: Superman, Batman, Catwoman, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter & Poison Ivy

From Mortal Kombat: Scorpion, Subzero, Liu Kang, Mileena, Sindel & Shang Tsung

There are still more to be confirmed

PLUS: Here is the full interview that Game Reactor made to Ed Boon

Old 2008-05-10, 09:13   Link #54
Blackbeard D. Kuma

I have to say that I love the new look for Scorpion. He has always been my favorite MK character so I am glad they gave him a design that is aesthetically pleasing for me. The roster is already starting to look really interesting as well. So far, from the DC side, I am looking forward to using Batman and Martian Manhunter. Thanks for the info Evil Rick.
Old 2008-05-10, 13:08   Link #55
rg4619

Quote:
Cause you can have a "finishing move" that does not result in death... like some really fancy ass kicking... you can probably keep dreaming about ripping off Superman's head
Yes, it isn't hard to understand what Boon means. They'll keep finishing moves, which is what he's trying to stress to the fans. However, since DC requires a Teen rating, they'll have to provide these in an acceptable form.

At this point, Boon won't say what the changes are. His job is to reassure fans with vague statements instead of turning them against the project. However, you can bet that it involves the removal of gore and gruesome deaths (i.e. possibility = super combo blowing the opponent off-screen or a finisher that knocks them into a pit without showing what happens next).
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-18, 13:46   Link #56
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Exclamation NewInfo

First Image of Superman

A colleague of mine passed me this photo taked from a Play Station Magazine in wich is showed the first render of Superman for MK -vs- DC, sorry for the quality, I will try to get a better image of him in the future >.<
Old 2008-05-20, 01:49   Link #57
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Exclamation New Info

2 Stages confirmed, Metropolis and Netherrealm

Midway had released images of 2 stages of the game MK -vs- DC

Metropolis, destroyed by the clash between MK universe and DC universe

And Netherreal, the hell, home of Scorpion

They look awesome, don't you think?
Old 2008-05-20, 16:57   Link #58
Blackbeard D. Kuma

@Evil Rick - Apparently the confirmed characters that you listed above (barring Batman, Superman, Sub-Zero, and Scorpion) have been proven to be false. I personally think this is a good thing because having Catwoman and Poison Ivy in the game would give the DC side too many Batman characters (not to mention Poison Ivy is not a very iconic character). If any Batman villain deserves to be in this game, it is definitely the Joker. Here are 5 characters from each respective side that I feel should definitely be included in this game.

MK side - Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Liu Kang, Rayden, Sonya/Kitana

DC side - Batman, Superman, Wonderwoman, Flash, Green Lantern
Old 2008-05-20, 23:59   Link #59
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
@Evil Rick - Apparently the confirmed characters that you listed above (barring Batman, Superman, Sub-Zero, and Scorpion) have been proven to be false. I personally think this is a good thing because having Catwoman and Poison Ivy in the game would give the DC side too many Batman characters (not to mention Poison Ivy is not a very iconic character). If any Batman villain deserves to be in this game, it is definitely the Joker. Here are 5 characters from each respective side that I feel should definitely be included in this game.

MK side - Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Liu Kang, Rayden, Sonya/Kitana

DC side - Batman, Superman, Wonderwoman, Flash, Green Lantern
That rooster is the one that Midway had "confirmed", although I can't asure you if they are going to be, cause there still are not any render or image of them >.<, don't worry, the soon I get any new info about the rooster, I will post it here

Oh, yeah, as I promised, here is a better image of Superman!

Old 2008-05-21, 20:44   Link #60
Blackbeard D. Kuma

This game is really starting to look good. My main hope is that the gameplay is actually good this time. The gameplay in Mortal Kombat Armageddon was absolutely terrible. Since this game is being done from scratch, there is a good chance that the gameplay will be good due to the new fighting engine being used. Hopefully, Midway's game testers will actually test this game out properly before releasing it.