AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Old 2009-03-28, 13:13   Link #1101
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

Location: Dying to get back to Japan (but currently near Chicago)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Chances are they would announce it after he's done with the last novel. Its been said that they're probably waiting for a complete story to make the anime more core-story related. (And the last novel is hopefully going to be in these few months)
This is what I've been hearing for a long time too. But don't they already have plenty of novel material to do a 20+ season already? It sounds like if they want to end on the novel's ending with the next season that they'll be cutting out a lot of material.
Ryuou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-28, 13:37   Link #1102
SkoolRumble4Ya

Well the last novel is about to be release and if they don't announce anything even though the last novel is release I say hopes of FMP season 4 is lowered even more than I will probaly cry me a river
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 20:53   Link #1103
azndragon4k

when is that last novel guna be released?
azndragon4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 21:41   Link #1104
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
probably around mid to end of this year but most probably end
Old 2009-04-02, 04:51   Link #1105
The Quack-man

First up, can I say that this comes from a work colleague who works over in Japan:
The Blu-ray edition of TSR (one of the few anime's so far to be re-released & get the Blu-ray re-working may I add) has a new audio commentary amongst some other new features. But it is during the commentary, Seki Tomokazu, the voice-actor for Sousuke, mentions & makes references to a 'new' series of FMP before his fellow commentators laugh & 'shhhhhhhhh' him up. He also declares that he has already been assigned to this series..............

How true or accurate this info is up to you guys. Little hard to back this up since all the Blu-ray FMPs are still only available in Japan. If anyone is totally keen enough to order through Rinkya or Mandarake (cheaper than Amazon jp) & sit through translating the commentary, that may reveal some more info.
The Quack-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 09:25   Link #1106
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

Location: Dying to get back to Japan (but currently near Chicago)
Hmm...interesting. I wonder if leaks about new series from voice actors is the accepted way to go about these things, because there was a similar case with SnS III. Hopefully someone will put a clip online and we could check it out that way.
Ryuou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 13:22   Link #1107
Full Metal Jackass
Most Senior Member

my god can this really be true?
after all the straw grasping that goes on in this thread i was just starting to resign myself to the fact that FMP will never be. but now you tell me there is actual substantial info that not only will there be one but the wheels are already in motion. if this is some sort of sick joke then shame on you my friend but if it is not you have given me reason to live once more.
Full Metal Jackass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 13:22   Link #1108
SkoolRumble4Ya

I seriously hope they are talking about FMP . I can understand why they want to keep it a suprised. They probably want to announce it at some big event.
Old 2009-04-02, 13:59   Link #1109
Alchemist007
*Author

Yeah got my hopes up...and a reason to get a blu-ray player (media disc exclusive content!! )
Old 2009-04-02, 14:56   Link #1110
Meatrose
Antihero

I'd be as happy as anyone if this was true, but I think that if something like that is in fact in the audio commentary, it's random teasing. If it's really there, it was deliberately put there since they decided to leave it there for the fans to hear. If they wanted it to be a secret they would've deleted that line and if they wanted it to be known they would've announced something. I'm not saying that the reality strictly falls within one of these two scenarios, but I refuse to get my hopes up just yet. I'd like to think that the Japanese fans would've been talking about it by now if something like that was mentioned in the BD release. ^^

I'd love to see someone confirm this though, someone who owns the BD. Until then I'll keep lurking.
Old 2009-04-02, 15:01   Link #1111
SkoolRumble4Ya

Yeah that's true never get your hopes up I learn that lesson a long time ago
Old 2009-04-02, 15:27   Link #1112
Full Metal Jackass
Most Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatrose View Post
I'd be as happy as anyone if this was true, but I think that if something like that is in fact in the audio commentary, it's random teasing. If it's really there, it was deliberately put there since they decided to leave it there for the fans to hear. If they wanted it to be a secret they would've deleted that line and if they wanted it to be known they would've announced something. I'm not saying that the reality strictly falls within one of these two scenarios, but I refuse to get my hopes up just yet. I'd like to think that the Japanese fans would've been talking about it by now if something like that was mentioned in the BD release. ^^

I'd love to see someone confirm this though, someone who owns the BD. Until then I'll keep lurking.
and once more the straw seems to slip threw my fingers
Full Metal Jackass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 20:34   Link #1113
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

yeah but on the other hand if it is true....
its going to be epic
Old 2009-04-03, 03:11   Link #1114
Eak
One angry cloud.

Also.. to sort of beat the common part of it. He is the voice of Sousuke, an essential character.. of course he would be "assigned" again. I also believe it is just teasing.

Forgive the pessimism, the trolls are strong in 2009.
Eak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 14:16   Link #1115
DrBobr

I also agree with all members - it is great news if it is true. My exams are about to begin and such good information certainly will help me to pass them good ^_^.
DrBobr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 18:45   Link #1116
Alchemist007
*Author

I took all this in at once (I marathoned the first season for recap, then TSR for the first time and then learned about the happenings of the novel), all that kinda stuff can be a real mindfuck. You know this is probably just a cowardly approach but one way to get it off your mind while waiting for new releases and such is to pick another series to mindfuck yourself with. I marathoned all of gundam 00, now that's taken a part of the burden which helps but I do recommend such an approach for the weak of heart/patience
Old 2009-04-05, 12:56   Link #1117
SkoolRumble4Ya

Yeah it's best if you start looking at other shows to forget about FMP for awhile or your gonna go crazy.
Old 2009-04-05, 20:54   Link #1118
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoolRumble4Ya View Post
Yeah it's best if you start looking at other shows to forget about FMP for awhile or your gonna go crazy.
easier said than done.
its exactly what ive tried to do but constantly in the back of my mind there is this little voice that says over and over again Full Metal Panic, Full Metal Panic, Full Metal Panic
Old 2009-04-06, 01:48   Link #1119
Revalent

Actually, with all the figures and numbers out there that proves that FMP sales is low and stuff (which stopped its ccontinuation), I wonder why FMP gets the honour of being, well according to Quack-man, one of the very few to be re-released as a Blue-Ray Disc. Could there be a link here? Or maybe I'm just bluffing myself.
Revalent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 03:17   Link #1120
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal Coast View Post
easier said than done.
its exactly what ive tried to do but constantly in the back of my mind there is this little voice that says over and over again Full Metal Panic, Full Metal Panic, Full Metal Panic
No amount of alcohol other anime will get rid of that, its just to dull the pain. But it kinda helps the time fly at least.

Tags
there is a god!