AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-03, 21:16   Link #281
maplehurry

it doesn't even look like she can fight at all in ep1 lol.
maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 21:24   Link #282
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Anime-only watcher here.

I found it has lots of random battles, with random people who aren't introduced fighting each other for no apparent reason, just for the fun of it. It all came pretty much out of nowhere

Still, it was entertaining, to a certain degree, as it had some funny moments. Biggest lolwtf moment was that popcorn machine robot turning into an actual robot

Quite unsuited as a first episode for anyone who doesn't know the characters from the VN. Especially the scene at the end, where that boy is rejected by the girl, went right over my head with a loud "whoosh"

I hope that next episode, we'll get a proper introduction for anyone and all that. If it's too much targeted at people knowing the VN, with too little explanation, I'll probably drop it. We'll see.
Old 2011-10-03, 21:25   Link #283
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Hah, lulzy anime for this season. Not bad, and I think I like Yukie the best. The fight scenes weren't really the best; too many still shots, but the anime did a decent job of telling me who's who and what they're doing. Probably worth a few good laughs.

Edit: Also that robot =D

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 22:09   Link #284
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Any anime that pretty much guarantees an osananajimi ending from the beginning immediately gets a 10/10 out of me. XD

Yes I'm biased and dam well proud of it.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 23:55   Link #285
HandofFate

anime watcher here.

For a first episode, the flashiness, hotblooded action is a pretty good first impression.
Slightly interested in the game now, is it a SRPG like Sengoku Rance?

But impressions on the episode, very pretty character designs for the 'heroes' characters. and fun battle quotes they're all shooting out.
Old 2011-10-04, 01:54   Link #286
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Still not sure why Kokoro didn't fight Chris.
She was ambushed by a superior force? And while she's not helpless, she's not remotely on Chris' level in terms of fighting prowess? Keep in mind, Kokoro is the "haughtily talk down on people due to her heritage, but don't actually deliver" character, no big fighter. Hasn't been throughout the entire game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Any anime that pretty much guarantees an osananajimi ending from the beginning immediately gets a 10/10 out of me. XD
No guarantee yet... storywise, the two best paths are Chris and Yukie, and those two aren't osananajimis

Unfortunately, since Yamato has to commit and work real REAL hard for Chris, I doubt that they will go down her romantic route.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 01:54   Link #287
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Slightly interested in the game now, is it a SRPG like Sengoku Rance?
Nope, just a text-based adult visual novel. A comedy genre with great character interactions and occasional battles. You just need to read, press certain button for text to advance and select a given choice at times.
Old 2011-10-04, 02:12   Link #288
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
She was ambushed by a superior force? And while she's not helpless, she's not remotely on Chris' level in terms of fighting prowess? Keep in mind, Kokoro is the "haughtily talk down on people due to her heritage, but don't actually deliver" character, no big fighter. Hasn't been throughout the entire game.
Maybe I'm misremembering a little but I was pretty sure despite her haughtiness that she wasn't a slouch when it came to fighting as evident from the tournament in Yukie's route. I would have put her just below Chris and Wanko level.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 02:21   Link #289
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
Nope, just a text-based adult visual novel. A comedy genre with great character interactions and occasional battles. You just need to read, press certain button for text to advance and select a given choice at times.
Really? Hats up to the production team I guess. I am actually surprise that it is based in a VN, if the rest of the show keeps up, then I would say this is/can be a rare occasion that VN to anime does work.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 02:49   Link #290
Crimrui
Hollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Really? Hats up to the production team I guess. I am actually surprise that it is based in a VN, if the rest of the show keeps up, then I would say this is/can be a rare occasion that VN to anime does work.
Still too early to say that. 11Eyes anime, which was also adopted from VN, had a pretty awesome start as well, but went downhill with its story changes and butchering the characters. Majikoi VN, like others stated as well, is really good and it is a damn shame if its glorious moments/scenes and interactions won't be implemented into anime, which made the VN so entertaining. I still would like to believe that they will rewind and start with introductions the next episode. But, judging by the expression of those four girls towards the end, they might make the original adaptation and just go with a harem route, with all girls fighting for Yamato's love. Of course I'm just speculating, still hoping that this show will be a blast.
Old 2011-10-04, 03:49   Link #291
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

This anime..., is just perfect for me......

when in the show,There are beautiful girls, who know how to fight.....mmmmm...just perfect!

the animation looks very good to me.....There are a lot of potential for this series.....

And is good to see that the male main character is good......a strategist e?

However..., two confession, and two rejected....hahahaha.......don't give up...Yamato.....i know you're a masochist!!!!!

Haaaaaa...i forgot....i hope...this is not like fortune arterial....because i want that in the end, the route is complete....and the first episode..,is really amazing because i know all route of the girls..,but, the author as change something...however......look for this!

Last edited by Merilyn Mensola; 2011-10-04 at 04:19.
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 05:58   Link #292
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

I've seen the first episode and I've got confused over what was going on throughout the episode. I actually fast forwarded through most of it because I couldn't understand it. There were various battles going, strategies being discussed, and a couple flashbacks.

Does one require to actually have played the VN in order to watch the anime? (Last I checked, only one route has been translated.)

Between this and Horizon, I actually was able to watch the entire episode of Horizon without going into "Derp"-mode. Maybe there was so much going on in the span of 24 minutes in Maji that I had little to no idea what the story was about. I usually expect the first episode to introduce the characters or a general idea of what the plot and story will be.

I didn't see much of that in this though. Hopefully someone will help. I'll give the first episode another shot and wait for second episode to air before I decide to continue it or not.
octoberasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 06:17   Link #293
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by octoberasian View Post
I've seen the first episode and I've got confused over what was going on throughout the episode. I actually fast forwarded through most of it because I couldn't understand it. There were various battles going, strategies being discussed, and a couple flashbacks.

Does one require to actually have played the VN in order to watch the anime? (Last I checked, only one route has been translated.)

Between this and Horizon, I actually was able to watch the entire episode of Horizon without going into "Derp"-mode. Maybe there was so much going on in the span of 24 minutes in Maji that I had little to no idea what the story was about. I usually expect the first episode to introduce the characters or a general idea of what the plot and story will be.

I didn't see much of that in this though. Hopefully someone will help. I'll give the first episode another shot and wait for second episode to air before I decide to continue it or not.

Spoiler:
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 07:38   Link #294
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
Still too early to say that. 11Eyes anime, which was also adopted from VN, had a pretty awesome start as well, but went downhill with its story changes and butchering the characters. Majikoi VN, like others stated as well, is really good and it is a damn shame if its glorious moments/scenes and interactions won't be implemented into anime, which made the VN so entertaining. I still would like to believe that they will rewind and start with introductions the next episode. But, judging by the expression of those four girls towards the end, they might make the original adaptation and just go with a harem route, with all girls fighting for Yamato's love. Of course I'm just speculating, still hoping that this show will be a blast.
I don't think 11eyes and majikoi are close, the genres naturally mean that story is much more important in 11eyes, because hey 11eyes is a grimdark, and the main draw is the heroines and the story, where as majikoi is a comedy, and as long as the atmosphere is nailed down properly and it's funny, and the characters are true to their VN counterparts then there is more leeway when it comes to alterations to the story.

@octoberasian,
not gonna lie, this anime is really targeted to fans of majikoi, you definitely will derive more entertainment from the anime if you go read the vn, plus the cast... but yea majikoi is an average anime at best, but watching characters you like definitely ups the likeability of the anime, and makes a lot of the shortcuts/flaws seem insignificant.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 10:43   Link #295
Crimrui
Hollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
I don't think 11eyes and majikoi are close, the genres naturally mean that story is much more important in 11eyes, because hey 11eyes is a grimdark, and the main draw is the heroines and the story, where as majikoi is a comedy, and as long as the atmosphere is nailed down properly and it's funny, and the characters are true to their VN counterparts then there is more leeway when it comes to alterations to the story.
I used 11Eyes as an example of what happens when you go along the different path and stray away from the original source. Like I said, 11Eyes ''nailed'' everything from the start and went downhill later. Majikoi is true to their characters now, but we shall see what happens later. And that is the only reason I used it for the comparison. It may be a good point for some if they make it a pure fighting anime without good interactions, but it won't be for me. And even if it's a comedy and even if the characters are true to themselves, I don't want this to turn into mindless harem. So genre doesn't matter, the alterations can still be bad.
Old 2011-10-04, 11:22   Link #296
Mentar
Banned

I really love it how people can judge an anime after 1 ep ^_^

Gawd.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 11:32   Link #297
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

i don't understand how people can be confuse by the first ep.

1. Yamato confess to Momo and got turn down twice.
2. S2 and F2 has been butting heads for a while
3. Yamato stage the fight against S2 as birthday present to Momo.
4. The Organize Fights are sanction by the school
5. the four girls on F2 side like Yamato
6. unlike the typical loser harem male lead, yamato has a brain and friends.
7. Yamato is into S&M or at least a spanking fetish.

Did i miss anything?
Old 2011-10-04, 12:09   Link #298
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
@octoberasian,
not gonna lie, this anime is really targeted to fans of majikoi, you definitely will derive more entertainment from the anime if you go read the vn, plus the cast... but yea majikoi is an average anime at best, but watching characters you like definitely ups the likeability of the anime, and makes a lot of the shortcuts/flaws seem insignificant.
Spoiler:
octoberasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 12:15   Link #299
Dirty_Harry

Quote:
How did you get the VN and how did you play it if it's in Japanese both in dialog and text?
Three routes of Majikou are translated (Chris, Yukie and Umeko). Momoyo Route is already translated and will be out soon. This is enough to understand the story. The prologue is quite long and contains all the basics about the characters.
Dirty_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 12:28   Link #300
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I really love it how people can judge an anime after 1 ep ^_^

Gawd.
And sadly, this can lead to a lot of negative feedback.

I liked this first episode, and I am not in the slightest it familiar with the VN.

Tags
action, comedy, eroge, seinen