could only keep it this big
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-22, 12:32   Link #4506
Auxilism
For the yuri (╹◡╹)

Referrence:
Images
427x240 1.43 mb Sakura Trick gif
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Characters are from Madoka Magica, Symphogear and Sakura Trick.
Please see the uncompressed version on the right.
Click this for my gif request thread.Max quality version
I take gif requests here.
Please read the opening post (revised as of 22/8/2014).
Auxilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-14, 08:46   Link #4507
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
For a long time, I've wanted to take my all-time favorite anime characters, and put them into one of those D&D moral alignment blocks. My favorite anime characters have changed a bit over time, and now they fit all the D&D moral alignments pretty well, I think. Madoka Magica claims 3 of 9, so I felt this was the best place to share this image. Big thanks to Kogetsu Shirogane for his help in compiling this image.

Any feedback on this block is welcomed. I hope the images and quotes chosen fit nicely.

Notes - Lawful Evil and True Neutral don't necessarily stay that way, but they are that way for a significant stretch. As PMMM fans know, Chaotic Evil didn't start that way, but I'd argue she ended up that way. Neutral Evil is a mid-90s anime character, and my favorite anime villain of all-time. No biggie if you don't recognize him though. The fact female characters claim 8 of 9 spots shows how much my taste in anime has changed over the years. It wasn't that long ago that male characters would have claimed 4 of 9.
Old 2014-09-14, 09:17   Link #4508
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
For a long time, I've wanted to take my all-time favorite anime characters, and put them into one of those D&D moral alignment blocks. My favorite anime characters have changed a bit over time, and now they fit all the D&D moral alignments pretty well, I think. Madoka Magica claims 3 of 9, so I felt this was the best place to share this image. Big thanks to Kogetsu Shirogane for his help in compiling this image.

Any feedback on this block is welcomed. I hope the images and quotes chosen fit nicely.

Notes - Lawful Evil and True Neutral don't necessarily stay that way, but they are that way for a significant stretch. As PMMM fans know, Chaotic Evil didn't start that way, but I'd argue she ended up that way. Neutral Evil is a mid-90s anime character, and my favorite anime villain of all-time. No biggie if you don't recognize him though. The fact female characters claim 8 of 9 spots shows how much my taste in anime has changed over the years. It wasn't that long ago that male characters would have claimed 4 of 9.
Hmm... Very well done. As for Homura and chaotic evil, I can't help think that at some point she will end up having her redemption, presumably accompanied by massive amounts of yuri overtones. Although, knowing Urobuchi, it will not be easy.
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-15, 12:06   Link #4509
Szadek
Missionary of Madoka

Quote:

Sayaka fits perfectly,Homura and Madoka don't.

Madoka rewrote the laws of the universe.That not very lawful.
Neutral good seems more appropriate.
Kyubey makes more sense to me here.

Lawful evil makes no sense to me,unless I missed a part where Homura murders and tortures people for fun.
Her alignment is highly datable and depends on your interpretation.
It could be anything from Neutral Evil (if you think she is just a selfish bitch) to Chaotic Good (If you think what she did was right and that the end justifies the means).
Old 2014-09-15, 12:23   Link #4510
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szadek View Post

Neutral good seems more appropriate.
Kyubey makes more sense to me here.

Lawful evil makes no sense to me,unless I missed a part where Homura murders and tortures people for fun.
Her alignment is highly datable and depends on your interpretation.
It could be anything from Neutral Evil (if you think she is just a selfish bitch) to Chaotic Good (If you think what she did was right and that the end justifies the means).
Really, throughout the series, the proper alignment for Homura is Madoka Neutral.
Old 2014-09-15, 12:25   Link #4511
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Old 2014-09-15, 18:07   Link #4512
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:

Madoka became an universal law. Specifically, the Law of Cycles. I don't know how you get much more lawful than that.

Besides, that quote is very lawful, and is a key direct response to Homura - "It's kind of bad to break rules because you feel like it". That quote would condemn Robin Hood just as assuredly as it would a villainous law-breaker. So I think Lawful Neutral fits Madoka.

Quote:
Homura took the opposite position of Madoka - favoring Desires over Law. So I definitely think she fits the Chaotic side. Homura's assessment of her own actions also seems to suggest "evil" to me. If Homura herself seems to consider her actions evil, then that's awfully telling, if you ask me.

Now she might not stay in the Chaotic Evil alignment, but I think a strong case can be made that she's there at the end of the Rebellion movie.
Old 2014-09-15, 22:47   Link #4513
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Rebellion Hidamari Sketch reference aside, is there a seiyuu joke involving Haiyore! Nyaruko-san?
Sayaka will be tormented by the cosmic horrors of Nagisa.....
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-16, 15:44   Link #4514
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Madoka is definitely in the lawful camp; her method was change within the system, and it's clear she favors having a proper ruleset over anything else. Even her wish was within the system.

So yes, Madoka respects the law a lot; I wonder if she would have this conversation with Homura.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2014-09-16 at 15:49. Reason: to prevent spoiling
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 18:48   Link #4515
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Quote:

Very interesting choices, and very appropriate too, I'd say.

Don't worry, I understand your choices; and I know just who Jinnai is.
Spoiler for My take on these characters; Contains major spoilers!:
Old 2014-09-21, 15:05   Link #4516
Szadek
Missionary of Madoka

Quote:
Homura took the opposite position of Madoka - favoring Desires over Law. So I definitely think she fits the Chaotic side. Homura's assessment of her own actions also seems to suggest "evil" to me. If Homura herself seems to consider her actions evil, then that's awfully telling, if you ask me.

Now she might not stay in the Chaotic Evil alignment, but I think a strong case can be made that she's there at the end of the Rebellion movie.
It's not like neutral evil characters don't break laws.They do wheneven ever it's beneficial to them.

Choatic evil characters on the other hand,well...

and homura is nothing like that at all.
Old 2014-09-21, 23:30   Link #4517
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
About Sayaka, I can't speak on Rebellion, but for the base show...
Spoiler:

Also also
Spoiler for comic strip:
GANBARIMASU

Last edited by Akito Kinomoto; 2014-09-21 at 23:43.
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-22, 07:09   Link #4518
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:

Quote:
and homura is nothing like that at all.
Like I said people, Homura invented the alignment of Madoka neutral, and, by the end of the rebellion movie, chaotic Madoka.

Essentially, she goes full-on yandere for Madoka, but in the end, perhaps still more "Madoka neutral"- or to go with the original set, perhap chaotic neutral. She does not take pleasure in immoral actions, simply sees
Spoiler for Rebellion:
Old 2014-09-22, 09:08   Link #4519
silvercover
Romance Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akito Kinomoto View Post
About Sayaka, I can't speak on Rebellion, but for the base show...
Spoiler:

Also also
Spoiler for comic strip:
I dont think there's any need to spoiler that one, we are in the image thread where even homura's new "position" is apparent...

but anyways, yes she's still lawful good.
she still follows the "laws" of how magical girls "should" be, based on her admiration for mami. while she may have had some selfish desire in wanting kyousuke's affection, ultimately she did make all the proper "good" and "lawful" choices available, which were refusing to sacrifice innocents just to get a grief seed on her own.
actually, the fact that she refused the grief seeds, is quite a common thing regarding lawful good you know. lawful characters in general, are pretty stubborn in following a set of principles, in this case sayaka stuck to her principles in the end.

and even before the whole magical girl thing, sayaka's always been defending and protecting madoka. while sayaka's a bit of a tomboy, which is looked a bit as rebellious, there wasnt really anything to show that she was someone who did things on her own.

heck the very fact that she did those things despite how it went against what she really felt, goes to show how she fits the alignment. she could have been "selfish" as you imply, but she didnt in the end.

and then there's also the whole last bit with her moment as goddess madoka gave her a choice.

actions speak louder than words, which is why...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN 119 View Post
Like I said people, Homura invented the alignment of Madoka neutral, and, by the end of the rebellion movie, chaotic Madoka.

Essentially, she goes full-on yandere for Madoka, but in the end, perhaps still more "Madoka neutral"- or to go with the original set, perhap chaotic neutral. She does not take pleasure in immoral actions, simply sees
Spoiler for Rebellion:
homura still fits in with chaotic, very much with how she prefers desire over order, which is what makes up chaotic individuals.

now the issue though is whether you'd view her as evil or not... and id like to just remind you, just cause you've got some "reason" to do so, doesnt really make you any less evil.

are the antagonists. who would offer up the world just to revive their dead lover, considered to be not evil?

ultimately, homura is evil by definition of her pretty much risking the lives and messing up the world, just for the sake of bringing back her loved one.

id say that you consider a character to be aligned with good, if their interest stretches beyond a few selected individuals, while the ones who focus on solely single object while disregarding everything else, is pretty much evil.

why do you think that most of the time, ultimate rage = ultimate evil, or the "super powered dark side" of a character, often occurs when a person they're close to gets hurt?

could only keep it this big
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-22, 11:32   Link #4520
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

[LIST][*]
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercover View Post

homura still fits in with chaotic, very much with how she prefers desire over order, which is what makes up chaotic individuals.

now the issue though is whether you'd view her as evil or not... and id like to just remind you, just cause you've got some "reason" to do so, doesnt really make you any less evil.

are the antagonists. who would offer up the world just to revive their dead lover, considered to be not evil?

ultimately, homura is evil by definition of her pretty much risking the lives and messing up the world, just for the sake of bringing back her loved one.

id say that you consider a character to be aligned with good, if their interest stretches beyond a few selected individuals, while the ones who focus on solely single object while disregarding everything else, is pretty much evil.

why do you think that most of the time, ultimate rage = ultimate evil, or the "super powered dark side" of a character, often occurs when a person they're close to gets hurt?
Point taken, by the end of Rebellion, HomuHomu had definitely slipped into evil. Still, hoping for some sort of final redemption, preferably with HomuAkuma and Madokami's combined powers succeeding with where both failed individually. With apologies for implying HomuMado to a person who has a HomuSaya sig.

Tags
images, madoka magica