Old 2013-02-21, 19:03   Link #3081
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
They're making the E-75 Tier X?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
No, Tak is just saying he's not getting the E-100.
Correct. The whole reason I even bothered starting on the Russian heavies is because I cannot find myself appreciating Germany's end-game tier x heavy.

Played it on test server along with Maus. Very terrible handling, bad aesthetics and too obese for my playing style. Would not consider.

I don't understand why they would have the E-100 & the MAUS on two separate lines. The former was actually meant to replace the MAUS. If anything, the Maus should be a precursor to the E-100.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 19:06   Link #3082
Sumeragi
Banned

Nope. The E-100 was developed as a parallel development to and was canceled in favor of the Maus, which had been in production for some time.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 19:07   Link #3083
Tak

Quote:
Nope. The E-100 was canceled in favor of the Maus, which had been in production for some time.
Sure, switch the order then. Won't make a bloody difference. Make the friggin E-100 as a precursor to the Maus. There is no point of having two near-identical tanks be on two separate trees.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2013-02-21, 19:08   Link #3084
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Either way i'm still getting the T110E5 for my tier X.
Old 2013-02-21, 19:11   Link #3085
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Sure, switch the order then. Won't make a bloody difference. Make the friggin E-100 as a precursor to the Maus. There is no point of having two near-identical tanks be on two separate trees.

- Tak
You're delusional if you think the order can be changed when the origins are completely different. The German heavy lines are fine the way they are.

In other news, a supertester confirmed that there is a 150 mm version of the VK 7201 in the works.
Old 2013-02-21, 19:15   Link #3086
Tak

Quote:
You're delusional if you think the order can be changed when the origins are completely different. The German heavy lines are fine the way they are.
Right, and the 38(t) eventually leads to the Panzer IV, so whats your point?

And no they aren't.

But a 150mm Lowe? That does not sound like premium.

- Tak

Old 2013-02-21, 19:18   Link #3087
LeoXiao
思想工作

Also a Tier X T-54 alternative with rounded armour.

Also stop fighting you two, unless you want to make better-researched posts that I can actually learn something from.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 19:25   Link #3088
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
The 38(t) eventually leads to the Panzer IV, so whats your point?
1. The roles of those tanks were similar.
2. Heavy tank development was split between Porsche and Henschel/Krupp. The WoT tree follows that lineage.

Quote:
And no they aren't.
Meh, if you can't make things work, it's just you. Don't blame the tanks.
Old 2013-02-21, 19:26   Link #3089
LeoXiao
思想工作

I don't think I'll be getting the E-100 either. I just don't like super big and slow tanks.
Old 2013-02-21, 19:31   Link #3090
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Tell 'em where it hurts Leo, lay down the smack down.

IDK man, i'm still wondering where i should spend my free xp. either i free xp the KV line or KV2 for laughs with UTE, or do the autoloader line on the M7, or move up the Hellcat line. 14 slots open, so i'm still wondering.

Q says to do IS, but Lowe or was it Leo said the KV line was a better IS in the end..... and i want to do commie Russian line for my 2nd tree.

Give me some input ppl. I don't want to regret my mistakes like the Commie T-34, the M5 Stuart Little, the false teeth Crusader, the M7 Healer (which was a joke for its own tier as arty), Church service I has become a joke too (that thing is worthless compared to the Matilda, last 75er bounces on its own tier sometimes, 4.01 sec reload [could be lower if i did BiA], too easy to track, only reason I kept it was the equips I installed on it need gold to remove/destroy)... I was thinking about getting the BP but idk if its worth the time effort compared to the Russian heavies.

I would move into a commie brit tank but I hear bad reviews except for Kimi. Also the Chinese tree is a joke, even tho the higher tier can bounce pretty well, the Germans are dirty Germans, but I like how accurate their guns are.
Old 2013-02-21, 19:43   Link #3091
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Also a Tier X T-54 alternative with rounded armour.

Also stop fighting you two, unless you want to make better-researched posts that I can actually learn something from.
Yeah u 2, y don't u teach me proper engwish. XD
Old 2013-02-21, 19:46   Link #3092
Tak

Quote:
1. The roles of those tanks were similar.
2. Heavy tank development was split between Porsche and Henschel/Krupp. The WoT tree follows that lineage.
Now you are contradicting yourself.

1. The roles of the E-100 & the Maus were similar too, being parallel developments. Hitler chose the Maus because he didn't like how the E-100 went below his radar.

2. Yeah, the 38t and the IV were from two completely different development trees since they are both foreign to each other. Gee, but WoT isn't following that lineage, is it?

Quote:
Meh, if you can't make things work, it's just you. Don't blame the tanks.
Who is blaming the tanks? There are people who like big, bulky hulking metal, and then there are people who doesn't.

So when you said you aren't playing anything but German and Japanese trees, should I accuse you of your inability to make tanks in those trees work, too?

- Tak

Old 2013-02-21, 19:50   Link #3093
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
Yeah u 2, y don't u teach me proper engwish. XD
Proper English?

Also, I can't recommend you any lines without knowing what kind of tanks you like. You said the T-34 was a mistake but I think it's a great tank.

For me tanks have three major characteristics: Armor, Gun, and Mobility, i.e. the "hard stats". In tanks that have turrets, I consider mobility to be the most important, gun to be somewhat less essential, and armor to be not very important at all. Tell me what you prefer and then I can tell you what line might be a good choice.
Old 2013-02-21, 19:56   Link #3094
Tak

Quote:
Tell me what you prefer and then I can tell you what line might be a good choice.
Well, the IS-7 to me has the most to-the-point combination of all the things I like.

It might not have superior side or rear armor, but if I am used to charging in people's faces, the IS-7's superior frontal armor, powerful gun and the speed to catch up will work for me.

- Tak

Old 2013-02-21, 19:58   Link #3095
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
1. The roles of the E-100 & the Maus were similar too, being parallel developments. Hitler chose the Maus because he didn't like how the E-100 went below his radar.
Incorrect, it's because the Maus was fully developed by the time the E-100 was still in the midst of making a single prototype. Heck, the Maus order was officially canceled due to the bombing of potential facilities before the E-100 cancellation but still managed to be developed further.

If you're going to say something, please read up on it.

Quote:
2. Yeah, the 38t and the IV were from two completely different development trees since they are both foreign to each other. Gee, but WoT isn't following that lineage, is it?
*Facepalm*

If what I explained is not clear to you, it is no use explaining it further.

Quote:
Who is blaming the tanks? There are people who like big, bulky hulking metal, and then there are people who doesn't.
Yes, and what does that have to do with your complaining about two different heavy lines?

Quote:
So when you said you aren't playing anything but German and Japanese trees, should I accuse you of your inability to make tanks in those trees work, too?
I make them work, so your point is?
Old 2013-02-21, 20:06   Link #3096
Gravitas Free Zone

Meanwhile... the weekend event sounds great, I just have to choose between trying to fix my computer with a disk image that is not working, or reinstalling a damn lot of software. In case anyone was wondering where I had been all day.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 20:06   Link #3097
Tak

Quote:
Incorrect, it's because the Maus was fully developed by the time the E-100 was still in the midst of making a single prototype. Heck, the Maus order was officially canceled due to the bombing of potential facilities before the E-100 cancellation but still managed to be developed further.

If you're going to say something, please read up on it.
Yeah, and Hitler expressed his dissatisfaction upon learning that Krupp designed another vehicle when another company already had contract. Nonetheless, the project was not canceled like you claimed. Permission to develop the E-100 was obtained from Weapon Testing 6 where construction of the Tiger-Maus/E100 continued.

Quote:
If what I explained is not clear to you, it is no use explaining it further.
Vice versa.

Quote:
Yes, and what does that have to do with your complaining about two different heavy lines?
Because they lack variation, and I see no point in putting two similar tanks on two different trees when they should be categorized in one tree as opposed to two? Do you have to agree with me? No. But thats my opinion.

Quote:
I make them work, so your point is?
Wait, when was the last time you drove a non-German or Japanese tank again?

- Tak

Old 2013-02-21, 20:14   Link #3098
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, and Hitler expressed his dissatisfaction upon learning that Krupp designed another vehicle when another company already had contract. Nonetheless, the project was not canceled like you claimed. Permission to develop the E-100 was obtained from Weapon Testing 6 where construction of the Tiger-Maus/E100 continued.
Read Panzer Tracts 6.

Quote:
Because they lack variation, and I see no point in putting two similar tanks on two different trees when they should be categorized in one tree as opposed to two? Do you have to agree with me? No. But thats my opinion.
The point is, they're not similar, and if you think they're similar that's your problem.

Quote:
Wait, when was the last time you drove a non-German or Japanese tank again?
Let's look at what you wrote:

Quote:
"Those trees" in that context would mean German and Japanese trees. If you meant non-German/Japanese trees, you should have written it differently.
Old 2013-02-21, 20:18   Link #3099
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
Tell 'em where it hurts Leo, lay down the smack down.

IDK man, i'm still wondering where i should spend my free xp. either i free xp the KV line or KV2 for laughs with UTE, or do the autoloader line on the M7, or move up the Hellcat line. 14 slots open, so i'm still wondering.
well KV-2 is good tank but have to be very patient when using derp gun.
US autoloader line generally underwhelming and consider you dont like M5 stuart you probably dont like it
Hellcat is fun tank with AWESOME gun. just make sure to remeber to hide you paper thin armor

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 20:21   Link #3100
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Meanwhile... the weekend event sounds great, I just have to choose between trying to fix my computer with a disk image that is not working, or reinstalling a damn lot of software. In case anyone was wondering where I had been all day.
I thought you rolled over and croaked but i guess i was wrong.

My mistake. Sry ES.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks