AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Rozen Maiden

Notices

Old 2006-04-17, 00:47   Link #2241
Yukinokesshou
ドジ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer
That's funny. We get a banner, but no board of our own...
Well, the situation is the same for a lot of other series, including Full Moon wo Sagashite.

On the other hand, Rozen Maiden is a lot more recent and a thread of 112 pages is quite something. No other thread on the "Fansub" category's first page is as long!

[Edit] 113 pages
Yukinokesshou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-17, 01:18   Link #2242
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukinokesshou
On the other hand, Rozen Maiden is a lot more recent and a thread of 112 pages is quite something. No other thread on the "Fansub" category's first page is as long!

[Edit] 113 pages
Exactly.

*filler text*
Old 2006-04-17, 01:32   Link #2243
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Read my Introduction to Rozen Maiden ... that should get you started on RM.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-17, 03:14   Link #2244
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223
Read my Introduction to Rozen Maiden ... that should get you started on RM.

Also consider how the posts about RM is still going strong
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-17, 03:19   Link #2245
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Yeah, that too ...
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-17, 03:23   Link #2246
grey_moon

Another reason to watch it is for the sheer amount of snacks and cakes consumed... With lots of flower topped hamburgers *spins around in ecstasy*
Old 2006-04-17, 04:24   Link #2247
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

I'm going to try to cook flower-topped burgers today. I want to see if it works.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-17, 05:30   Link #2248
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2
I'm going to try to cook flower-topped burgers today. I want to see if it works.
Dude... whether you succeed or not, I want pictures of what ever gets cooked. And the recipe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra
Iv never seen the series before. Just never got around to it. I guess always so much to watch. Just wondering is it really worth watching; just want opinions and can someone give me a break down of what the series is about? thanks.

~Lost : no offense i couldnt help it
Watch RM for the characters (depth and development of chars in RM is one of its strongest points), for the great OSTs, for the feel-good-moments (i.e, beaten good guy picking himself up from the dust and pwning the bad guy), for the uber cute in a funny comic way moments (of which there are MANY.. that will literally make you laugh OUT loud; it made me!) and not forgeting the heart wrenching sad moments (mainly in Season2, which WILL make you cry).

My point: Dude, if there is a show that is worth watching, its this one.

Last edited by Lost; 2006-04-17 at 05:42.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-17, 05:54   Link #2249
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
Dude... whether you succeed or not, I want pictures of what ever gets cooked. And the recipe.
I've done it several times, although my burgers tend to break as they are a little too gourmet. I can't do the flower tops no more since I used a flower shaped pan I found in Paris and the handle broke. One of my chef friends who is a RM fan uses an up turned flower shaped cookie cutting thingy and cracks the egg into that. Its really important to upturn it if u are using a non stick frying pan or u can scratch the non stick side. Also it gets bleeping hot since it is metal so be careful or u may end up like the Nazi guy in Indiana Jones, although you will have a flower on your hand instead of a amulet....

Oh and before anyone says anything, it actually is quite difficult to get the flower right, the bleeping yolk has a tendency to go towards the edge making it look really bad and also the weight is wrong so it tends to not stay on top of the burger... To get around this let the white drop in first and go semi white and then it will act as a glue holding the yolk in the middle.

Also from what I've been told there are two types of Japanese hamburgers (could you correct me if I am wrong please), there are the ones we are used to in the west and also the ham-bagu which is flavoured with more traditional Japanese stuff and I've been told it is steamed!

Last edited by grey_moon; 2006-04-17 at 08:21.
Old 2006-04-17, 06:19   Link #2250
solwyvern
▲wight
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2
You guys have never tried it?? 0_o?? you don't know what you're missing!!
Old 2006-04-17, 06:37   Link #2251
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by solwyvern
You guys have never tried it?? 0_o?? you don't know what you're missing!!
You should try my double decker egg topped okonomiyaki (Dont have a picture with the flower attempts

The filling is calimari, prawns and crabsticks. The filling inbetween the two pieces is dressed crab
Old 2006-04-17, 06:50   Link #2252
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon
You should try my double decker egg topped okonomiyaki (Dont have a picture with the flower attempts

The filling is calimari, prawns and crabsticks. The filling inbetween the two pieces is dressed crab
LOL!!!!!! Thanks to your directions and tips I'm now really tempted to try it myself lol. And this considering I can't flip an egg without multilating it...
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-17, 07:54   Link #2253
solwyvern
▲wight
*Graphic Designer

...xD! That's great! but I think I'd still go for a hamburger one. *yum* ^~^

edit* ugh! some disturbing rozen pics have turned up at danbooru
Old 2006-04-17, 07:58   Link #2254
Yukinokesshou
ドジ

Heehee, Hinaichigo is so very amusing in episode one when she goes "Hanamaru-chan, Hanamaru-chan! Kiss kiss kiss! You are so tasty!" at the table (right before Suiseiseki gets her hand in the crocodile).

And I just realised what "ichigo daifuku" (a.k.a. unyuuuu) is. It's the mochi thingy! I love red-bean paste daifuku... but I'm not so sure about enjoying one with a strawberry.
Old 2006-04-17, 08:04   Link #2255
grey_moon

Quote:
Heehee, Hinaichigo is so very amusing in episode one when she goes "Hanamaru-chan, Hanamaru-chan! Kiss kiss kiss! You are so tasty!" at the table (right before Suiseiseki gets her hand in the crocodile).

And I just realised what "ichigo daifuku" (a.k.a. unyuuuu) is. It's the mochi thingy! I love red-bean paste daifuku... but I'm not so sure about enjoying one with a strawberry.
I love that scene too, I used it for one of my avatars

Oh I've had one of the mochi thingies before, but they were frozen and I had to defrost them. I wonder what a fresh one would taste like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by solwyvern
...xD! That's great! but I think I'd still go for a hamburger one. *yum* ^~^

edit* ugh! some disturbing rozen pics have turned up at danbooru
Now if that was Flo the piccies would be straight on this forum traumatising us all
Old 2006-04-17, 08:41   Link #2256
Yukinokesshou
ドジ

Quote:
Oh I've had one of the mochi thingies before, but they were frozen and I had to defrost them. I wonder what a fresh one would taste like?

Now if that was Flo the piccies would be straight on this forum traumatising us all
Honestly speaking, I haven't had a fresh daifuku either. I buy mine at a department store counter ("Hon Taka...whatever" in Hong Kong Uny) and even the "fresh" ones on display there had actually been de-frosted in advance!

Plus, my mum has a habit of buying a dozen daifuku at a time and keeping them in the fridge for a week. It really doesn't make a difference whether they're frosted for a day or a week; they're not fresh anyway.

I visited that website with the pictures. Poor Suiseiseki! My favourite character, hmph.

By the way, is it just me, or do any of you also think that anime character designs suit dolls better than actual humans?
Old 2006-04-17, 08:50   Link #2257
grey_moon

Quote:

I visited that website with the pictures. Poor Suiseiseki! My favourite character, hmph.

By the way, is it just me, or do any of you also think that anime character designs suit dolls better than actual humans?
As a big RM fan I have to say dolls are the best, eeeeppppp Childs Play flashback *gibbers in the corner*

As a Sui fan do u think u would have liked her as much as you do now if Hina was not there?
Old 2006-04-17, 08:53   Link #2258
Nightbat®
Deadpan Snarker

Unless we get a Bubblegum crisis scenario there's got to be a 3rd season coming

Torture to leave fans hanging at the end of S2
Old 2006-04-17, 09:15   Link #2259
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Quote:
Ouch that hurts, after all I did for this thread...

These so call *traumatising* pictures posted are all for the greater good. Yes, I'm scarring your eyes and brains are all for you own good.

Blitz must be wishing it's him on the left
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-17, 09:15   Link #2260
Yukinokesshou
ドジ

Quote:
As a Sui fan do u think u would have liked her as much as you do now if Hina was not there?
No, probably not!

Hina in this season was one of my favourite characters too! I can't say the same about Hina in the first season, but I didn't like Suiseiseki back then either. They were both a bit negatively one-dimensional at first, but developed a lot later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightbat®
Unless we get a Bubblegum crisis scenario there's got to be a 3rd season coming
Agreed, and they absolutely must resurrect Hinaichigo somehow!

Quote:
As a big RM fan I have to say dolls are the best, eeeeppppp Childs Play flashback *gibbers in the corner*
Well, no matter what, I think the "squashed wide face with big eyes" concept of anime character design fits dolls better than humans. I've always thought such a design was a bit grotesque and ludicrous for the female human, but dolls are a different matter.

Ah, never before in my life have I made so many forum posts in one day! I guess it's because I'm leaving HK for the UK tomorrow (university tour), and I doubt I'll have internet access there, heheh. I.e. "enjoy it while it lasts" mentality.

Tags
adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, nomad, peach-pit, seinen, sequel, supernatural