Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

Old 2008-10-05, 17:01   Link #401
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquigleone View Post
Why aren't Thora's torrents listed on animesuki.
Because THORA also does licensed anime which Animesuki does NOT allow.

At the time Macross Frontier ever gets licensed... then directing you to their links would be prohibited as well.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
TwilightHack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 13:44   Link #402
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post
Because THORA also does licensed anime which Animesuki does NOT allow.

At the time Macross Frontier ever gets licensed... then directing you to their links would be prohibited as well.
GG and several other groups do licensed series, they're still listed? Why GG, Menclave or Eclipse and not THORA?
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 21:00   Link #403
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

any info for the next ost?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 11:36   Link #404
4Tran

Macross 7 posts moved to the Macross 7 thread.

Please keep in mind that, while the discussion had some merit, this thread isn't really here for discussion. It's supposed to be a place where someone can pop in and ask a question and get a straightforward answer. A question like "why do people dislike X?" is more condusive to a real discussion rather than a quick answer, so it doesn't belong here.
Old 2008-10-07, 12:35   Link #405
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Ah, let me just quote back some relevant parts of my post that got moved too:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptGloval View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Question:

In 25, the interaction/conversation of Alto, Ranka and Sheryl, in MF reality has never been existed, hasn't it?

Certainly the feeling and emotions can be transmitted through, but I think the actual image and interaction was built up by Sheryl alone.

At first I thought it was a form of telepathy, but the scene of Sheryl was healed while still lying on the floor unconscious make me think otherwise. It would be illogic for a singer who try to take control an vast army, a pilot who fighting for his life, and an unconscious singer to communicate in any mean. Unless all brain system was connected and the whole conversation was happened in 1 sec or less
If this was Star Wars, it's something like Ranka having achieved a level of mastery of the Force. Then sensing a disturbance in Sheryl, she instructed the midichlorains to behave nicely.
My answer here got moved too:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangalowres View Post
What is the protoculture and why should someone sing for those guys on the planet in episode 11 and 12.
Basically, the "singing to Protoculture" part was a mistranslation by Chihiro. I was baited into speculating based on this mistranslation.
CaptGloval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 15:57   Link #406
Lockgar

Quote:
If this was Star Wars, it's something like Ranka having achieved a level of mastery of the Force. Then sensing a disturbance in Sheryl, she instructed the midichlorains to behave nicely.
If this series had the force it would be even more AWESOME! You would just need some ninja cyborgs to complete the transition..... O wait.....

Technically they did have it in robotech, but they call it protoculture. .

Quote:

Basically, the "singing to Protoculture" part was a mistranslation by Chihiro. I was baited into speculating based on this mistranslation.
"Protoculture serves both to refer to the first extraterrestrial humanoid civilization itself ("Proto Culture" or Proto Kerlchuun, what means "Old Culture" or "Ancient Culture" in Zentradi language) and earthling culture itself."

So I wouldn't know what that means ether, under that meaning, unless they where calling themselves that for what ever reason.

I also believe its probably a mistranslation, but this series had me confused with how they kept on saying protoculture and deculture around randomly. I remember someone saying deculture was a curse word, along the lines of O-CRAP or O-NO in Zentradi which confused me further that there would be a song about it. Which service is to depress the Chinese "I kid of course".
Lockgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 19:45   Link #407
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockgar View Post
"Protoculture serves both to refer to the first extraterrestrial humanoid civilization itself ("Proto Culture" or Proto Kerlchuun, what means "Old Culture" or "Ancient Culture" in Zentradi language) and earthling culture itself."
Nope. "Protoculture" only refers to the original civilzation that died 500,000 years before the start of the stories. The Zentradi only used the word in relation to humanity because humans reminded them of the protoculture.
Old 2008-10-07, 19:57   Link #408
Lockgar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Nope. "Protoculture" only refers to the original civilzation that died 500,000 years before the start of the stories. The Zentradi only used the word in relation to humanity because humans reminded them of the protoculture.
D@mn you Wikipedia, you have failed me.
Old 2008-10-09, 08:19   Link #409
Lockgar

Do you have to be full blooded zentradi too...?

Do you have to be a full blooded Zentradi to enlarge "heh heh heh". Can people Who are half mixed, or 1/4 mixed become giant. Someone once told me you have to be born giant. So if the mother was preganent and decides to become a micron, would that Zentradi baby lose its giant ability? Would a mother who is preganent with a mixed race child hurt the child in some way?
Old 2008-10-09, 09:20   Link #410
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockgar View Post
Do you have to be a full blooded Zentradi to enlarge "heh heh heh". Can people Who are half mixed, or 1/4 mixed become giant. Someone once told me you have to be born giant. So if the mother was preganent and decides to become a micron, would that Zentradi baby lose its giant ability? Would a mother who is preganent with a mixed race child hurt the child in some way?
Any miclone race can probably use the micron chamber to become giant, like Dynamite 7's Graham. There may be unforeseen side effects and health problems, like Millia was worried about in staying other than your natural size for extended periods, though. Also, the legal use of micron chambers is probably highly regulated, and available to Zentradi only, or banned outright for security reasons or lack of facilities to accomodate giants. If Sheryl's account of the other fleets is accurate, Frontier is very liberal regarding integrating full-sized Zentrans as part of their culture and the regular use of micron chambers.
glyph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 02:20   Link #411
kazuo
FUCK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post
The real reason is the director didn't want to overshadow the new VF-25 with the VF-19's awesomeness. The plot reason could be anything from the VF-19 is too expensive/too difficult to handle/too powerful to hand out to frontier fleets in case they rebel. or President Glass simply wants to promote local industry.
The real reason is two-fold, one of which you somewhat touched on in your reply.

1) SMS (the PMC contracted by NUNS to provide protection for the colonization fleet) was testing (or whatever) the VF-25 per the series. This was explicitly mentioned in one of the first episodes.

2) By the time Macross F rolls around (I forget the exact date; mid 2050's?), the VF-19 will have been in service for nearly 15 years. I'd say they would have moved on by then, don't you think?

For instance, the primary variable fighter during Space War I (original Macross, circa 2009-2010) was the VF-1, and by 2012 they had the VF-4; mid 2030's they were at VF-11 (Thunderbolt), and by 2045 (Macross 7) they had production-model VF-19 and VF-22's (based on the prototype YF-19 and YF-21, which were being tested in Macross Plus, which took place in 2040).

Make sense?

Yeah, I'm a bit of a Macross geek.
kazuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 03:45   Link #412
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazuo View Post
The real reason is two-fold, one of which you somewhat touched on in your reply.

1) SMS (the PMC contracted by NUNS to provide protection for the colonization fleet) was testing (or whatever) the VF-25 per the series. This was explicitly mentioned in one of the first episodes.

2) By the time Macross F rolls around (I forget the exact date; mid 2050's?), the VF-19 will have been in service for nearly 15 years. I'd say they would have moved on by then, don't you think?

For instance, the primary variable fighter during Space War I (original Macross, circa 2009-2010) was the VF-1, and by 2012 they had the VF-4; mid 2030's they were at VF-11 (Thunderbolt), and by 2045 (Macross 7) they had production-model VF-19 and VF-22's (based on the prototype YF-19 and YF-21, which were being tested in Macross Plus, which took place in 2040). UN Spacy doesn't work

Make sense?

Yeah, I'm a bit of a Macross geek.
True, but the question was why the mainstay fighter was not a enhanced (previously top of the line) VF-19 from the previous generation which was intended to replace the VF-11 eventually, but an localised upgrade version of the ancient VF-17 Nightmare from two generations back.
glyph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 17:11   Link #413
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post
True, but the question was why the mainstay fighter was not a enhanced (previously top of the line) VF-19 from the previous generation which was intended to replace the VF-11 eventually, but an localised upgrade version of the ancient VF-17 Nightmare from two generations back.
Aside from the cool-factor reasons (not wanting the VF-19 to overshadow the VF-25, obviously), the VF-19 and 22 were expensive fighters. Even in Macross 7, only a handful of elite squadrons had access to the fighter.

In contrast, the VF-17 and the later VF-171 are to-the-point fighters that can be mass produced at a relatively reasonable cost, and its easier to adapt (compared to the 19 and 22) by new pilots.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 01:26   Link #414
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

What does Yakh Deculture mean?
Droplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 16:20   Link #415
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droplet View Post
What does Yakh Deculture mean?
Basically, holy shit!

Yeah.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-10-29, 19:46   Link #416
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

What he said. There's actually very little we could relate it to our own vernacular, as it's a Zentraedi idiomatic expression. So, assume it to be an interjection that can be used to express surprise, delight, amusement, etc... mostly related to protoculture derived forms of expression, like music, movies, etc.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 22:44   Link #417
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

i sometimes wonder if polygamy is legal in macross world
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 04:43   Link #418
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
i sometimes wonder if polygamy is legal in macross world
At least on Macross 7 nobody cares much. Neither about age of consent, it seems...
Old 2008-11-23, 04:46   Link #419
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
At least on Macross 7 nobody cares much. Neither about age of consent, it seems...
The only impression I ever got from 7 was that Max would never cheat on his wife

Beyond that, there was a surprising lack of information.

- Tak

Old 2008-11-23, 09:40   Link #420
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
The only impression I ever got from 7 was that Max would never cheat on his wife

Beyond that, there was a surprising lack of information.

- Tak
i guess maxx won't even try to risk cheating myria and raise her wrath upon him. this may bring up her past mission to kill him.

Tags
q&a