AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2011-01-09, 03:43   Link #281
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

One summary for today. I got patient papers to make lol.

Spoiler for Summary:

Spoiler for Red Text:

Spoiler for Blue Text:

This section is in a separate page, Part IV found here. Blog has been updated.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2011-01-09 at 03:56.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 06:18   Link #282
Ayu-ayu
a.k.a. Akari_House

Spoiler for Thoughts on Yasu-Beattrice on "the day after"...:

(MyAnimeList banner on hiatus until I bother to update my MyAnimeList status again...)
Ayu-ayu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 08:36   Link #283
haguruma

Send a message via ICQ to haguruma Send a message via MSN to haguruma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayu-ayu View Post
Spoiler for Thoughts on Yasu-Beattrice on "the day after"...:
Spoiler for Reply:
haguruma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 09:10   Link #284
Ayu-ayu
a.k.a. Akari_House

Quote:
Originally Posted by haguruma View Post
Spoiler for Reply:
Certainly it isn't impossible. I actually originally thought of the end of episode 7 and that Battler could have followed the trail back to the "Golden Land" and found Yasu-Beatrice there (after all, if Eva survived being shot, then...), and then they made their way into the passage. It's also possible Yasu told Battler what happened. But I just began to wonder, though, if the bottle-stories are wrong and Battler did know, and this was yet another thing Yasu didn't really plan for. That said, there's no real evidence one way or the other that I can see. Just another event sealed in the catbox.

Quote:
Spoiler for Reply:

Hm, well, I certainly believe that there was the intended irony there. My initial thought was that it was metaphor, but the way she said it made me wonder if it might also be an illustration of the madness that had been consuming her. But I agree it may be reading too much into it.

Thanks so much for the endscroll translation. That's something I really needed to complete the story for me (for now...of course still looking forward to reading Tsubasa, and later "Rei" when/if it comes out).

(MyAnimeList banner on hiatus until I bother to update my MyAnimeList status again...)
Old 2011-01-09, 15:59   Link #285
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
I like how
Spoiler for Lambdadelta:
Old 2011-01-09, 17:01   Link #286
Sheep_

Thank you for the translation.

;-; I don't think anything in Umineko has made me tear up but this did.
Old 2011-01-09, 17:40   Link #287
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
I like how
Spoiler for Lambdadelta:
Is she really?

While we're on this subject, let me ask something:
Spoiler for EP8:

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 18:22   Link #288
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Spoiler for Answer:
Old 2011-01-09, 18:24   Link #289
Used Can

Spoiler for Some thoughts/interpretations about the final scenes in EP8:
Old 2011-01-09, 18:41   Link #290
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Spoiler for Final Scenes:
Old 2011-01-09, 18:57   Link #291
Used Can

Quote:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Yes, same for me. I thought the same.

Quote:
Indeed. She's bloody amazing.

Spoiler:
Old 2011-01-09, 20:59   Link #292
Kylon99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayu-ayu View Post
I actually originally thought of the end of episode 7 and that Battler could have followed the trail back to the "Golden Land" and found Yasu-Beatrice there (after all, if Eva survived being shot, then...), and then they made their way into the passage. It's also possible Yasu told Battler what happened. But I just began to wonder, though, if the bottle-stories are wrong and Battler did know, and this was yet another thing Yasu didn't really plan for. That said, there's no real evidence one way or the other that I can see. Just another event sealed in the catbox.
If I may offer, that at the very least in Yasu's head, Beatrice is guilty of the sin of killing people over and over again. I think this is how she thinks:

Yasu is a non-person and can never act as a person. She doesn't even 'exist' despite being her initial identity. Shannon, Kanon and Beatrice are the real identities she uses to represent herself. However, in her mind they aren't personalities of her; there is no 'her.' There are only those three. But they're not real, they are characters. So they can be guilty of crimes committed in their own stories, even if those were not crimes in the real world. And so 'Beatrice' must die for her crimes. Even if Yasu does not. But Yasu... is a non-person and non-persons do not have anything, even the ability to commit sins.

Spoiler for For EP8 ????:

Of course, we don't think like that.. we'd like to know what Yasu was really doing... 8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
She was so wicked during the pirate scene, I couldn't help but FUCK YEAH'ing inside my head.
You know, I was really, really hoping Ryukishi had a new sprite for Erika at that moment. I was imagining The Golden Land sailing on with a pirate flag and black sails... and Erika comes out as Fleet Admiral Erika, complete with a French admiral uniform and especially that hat.

Like this: http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/2288/napoleongo.jpg

I'd have her put her right hand in the shirt just like Napoleon too, and draw her half her height.
Kylon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 21:08   Link #293
ClannadDango
A novice to anime

Thanks a lot MeoTwister5 and Ayu-ayu for these translations and updates.
(Though I originally told myself I wouldn't spoil the plot until Witch Hunt's release)
I'm just excited that Will and Dlanor got to team up and well as Erika's return.
Old 2011-01-09, 23:13   Link #294
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylon99 View Post
If I may offer, that at the very least in Yasu's head, Beatrice is guilty of the sin of killing people over and over again. I think this is how she thinks:

Yasu is a non-person and can never act as a person. She doesn't even 'exist' despite being her initial identity. Shannon, Kanon and Beatrice are the real identities she uses to represent herself. However, in her mind they aren't personalities of her; there is no 'her.' There are only those three. But they're not real, they are characters. So they can be guilty of crimes committed in their own stories, even if those were not crimes in the real world. And so 'Beatrice' must die for her crimes. Even if Yasu does not. But Yasu... is a non-person and non-persons do not have anything, even the ability to commit sins.

Of course, we don't think like that.. we'd like to know what Yasu was really doing... 8)
I actually had that idea at some point, after the first time I played EP7. I thought Yasu didn't really "exist," but was only there to tie all these characters. However, the more I re-read the episode, the more I realised Yasu was there she has a personality, and different aspects of her personality are embedded on her characters. There was a point in which it seemed she disappeared. However, no matter how much she tried to deny herself, she was always there. Whenever she looked at the mirror, or whenever she remembered the problem with her body, Yasu was always there. I found it funny because she tried to have people believe many of the characters she created exist, but, at the same time she tried to deny her own existence.

Quote:
You know, I was really, really hoping Ryukishi had a new sprite for Erika at that moment. I was imagining The Golden Land sailing on with a pirate flag and black sails... and Erika comes out as Fleet Admiral Erika, complete with a French admiral uniform and especially that hat.

Like this: http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/2288/napoleongo.jpg

I'd have her put her right hand in the shirt just like Napoleon too, and draw her half her height.
That'd have been amazing.
Old 2011-01-09, 23:30   Link #295
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
That'd have been amazing.
Please don't dwell on what could have been. Well, if EP8 makes it to other mediums, we can hope to at least see the hat...

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 23:47   Link #296
ameskitty
Kupo

I...actually finished this a week ago . Then I got distracted by Ougon Musou Kyoku...

I liked it, surprisingly. There were definitely ways that the story could've worked into the ending better - in particular, I think Ange was a little too awkwardly stuffed in and maybe came in a bit too late - but...it worked. I'm satisfied, and the point of the series makes sense.

The episode itself was probably more awesome than the ending. There were some pretty funny/ironic scenes in there (trollgoats and Lambda in general ftw), and the riddles were a nice diversion (oh, Kanon...at least I'm a nerd and got that question almost right away).

...it's also just struck me how ridiculously postmodern this entire series is, or maybe that's just because I've finally got to reading about that concept. As I've unknowingly thought it's an interesting line of thinking for a while, I can now see why I mostly liked the series even with the unexplained Shkanon antics (Krauss and Jessica are dumb, yes, I get it, but...it still feels like plot hole-level stupidity. Or at least a lack of an interesting subplot if they're supposed to know.). I can also easily see why a lot of people didn't like it - not generally something you usually associate with the mystery genre. To each his/her own, whatever : P.

I'm curious as to what will be in Rei. I doubt it will be much more than crazy beach antics and what-if scenarios, but...you never know.

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
ameskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 23:54   Link #297
Kylon99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameskitty View Post
I'm curious as to what will be in Rei. I doubt it will be much more than crazy beach antics and what-if scenarios, but...you never know.
I'd just like to declare right now that I wouldn't mind seeing Hachijou Ikuko in a swimsuit. Mmmm... Besides, Battler and Ikuko living together for that long... even if it's in really bad taste, I have to admit I wondered just how much of their life extended to ... 'other' ... activities. :3 EDIT: Looks like so did Rifyu. :3

Hey, Takano Miyo turned out really well with her leopard skin swimsuit, didn't she?

Last edited by Kylon99; 2011-01-10 at 01:48.
Kylon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 01:44   Link #298
luckyssol

You know what Battler likes...
Spoiler:

Wait... we will never know which is the truth. I hate you Ryukishi!
Old 2011-01-10, 02:13   Link #299
Used Can

Wait... She had boobs? I hadn't noticed them before.
Well, I should have known better, since R07 adds tits to everything - except Lion. (I'd say Rika, but there's Bern.)
Old 2011-01-10, 05:27   Link #300
Ayu-ayu
a.k.a. Akari_House

Quote:

Yes, this is more or less how I see Yasu as well....very well explained, thanks.

On another note, I really am intrigued by the parallel between fans that are wanting to call Ryuukishi07's "bluff" and the Witch Hunters' identical reaction to Ikuko deciding to not show Eva's diary. That he anticipated this reaction in his own work really makes me wonder if this should be interpreted as a hint in itself somehow. Personally I'm convinced there is a truth concealed in the catbox, but unsure if the full solution exists within the puzzle, or if he has yet to spring his "last Queen's move".