AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Another

Notices

View Poll Results: Another - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 24 34.78%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 33.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 18.84%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 7.25%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 5.80%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-20, 16:44   Link #21
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
They attributed it to the curse because they saw him try to push away the knife (I kinda lol'd at that). It clearly looked like he was being manipulated by something. Of course, it may have just been him going completely loco but given the context it's safe to assume he was forced to do this by the phenomenon.
I took it as a tease that he might instead go after one of the students, but that's still an acceptable answer.
Old 2012-02-20, 16:45   Link #22
MChiefMM

It was hinted that Kouichi was in town one and half years earlier, maybe than he met twin tail and something happened. It's possible that twin tail is another but maybe she is someone that we don't know yet
Old 2012-02-20, 16:59   Link #23
Rayneing
Trombe!

Oh my god that melting scene was so disgusting and over the top. Excellent nightmare sequence. Also, I don't really think Akazawa and Misaki did a good job of explaining how Sakakibara isn't the Another. I would still have doubts if I was in his situation.

Also, if that theory about Sakakibara being in Yomiyama over a year ago for his aunt's funeral turns out to be true, that would be a good explanation for why Akazawa knows him (via handshake, hahaha) but does not remember him. After all, Reiko would be the Another in that case, which would mean that all memories of Sakakibara's previous visit would have to be erased, not just his, but everyone else's as well. Not sure why he'd shake hands with Akazawa during that encounter, but it's certainly not impossible.
Old 2012-02-20, 17:11   Link #24
blackstormattack

3 letters: WTF?

But still awesome, cant wait for the next episode, wondering if fanservice / another murder
And how can Mei know Kouichi is net the one that is death? Is she it after all? DUNDUNDUNDUNNN.....
Old 2012-02-20, 17:12   Link #25
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Except we all know the fanservice will last a full ten seconds, then -- BAM!
Yeah that Preview has troll written all over it.

Does the extra have to be from the class,Izumi looked into if Kouichi had siblings but appart from that everyone seems to think the extra has to be from the class.
If that's the case my gut instinct is still Izumi,her brother was in class 3 two years ago so she could have died then and I would like the irony of the head of countermesures being dead

Remember we were told that class trips weren't held in 3rd year but in fall of the 2nd year,wonder if that was changed after what happened 15 years ago.

Prologue watch:
We now know what this is
Will we finaly see the nice boat next week?
Old 2012-02-20, 17:36   Link #26
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Anyone notice that Mochizuki was wearing a t-shirt with Dali's "The Persistence of Memory" on it? Hmm...
Old 2012-02-20, 17:42   Link #27
VDZ

I realized something while watching this episode. The memories related to the Another are erased at the end of the year. It's never even been hinted at that the memories could be erased at any point before that - in other words, even if the Another were to die during the year, they would carry on with the knowledge of the Another's death, not forgetting anything about him/her until the end of the year.

Now, with that in mind, let's say you figure out who the Another is, and are convinced that if the Another is no longer alive, the phenomenon stops. If tensions rise high enough, someone will eventually kill the Another. So far, we've been assuming that means game over, the human party won, but thinking more realistically...as nobody is aware that the victim is the Another, it will be seen as a regular murder until the end of the year.

So here's my theory. In the Class 3 of 1983, during the school trip at the shrine, a combination of tension, paranoia and desperation caused conflicts inside the class to escalate, leading to violent conflicts that eventually resulted in the death of three students: The two students mentioned this episode, and the Another. Naturally, such a grotesque event does not go unnoticed, and the rest of the school year was disrupted and police and the legal system got involved. This dragged on for the rest of the year, until at graduation, everybody involved lost memories of the Another - including the murders at the school trip and its consequences. Nobody remembers why the two students died, but they assume it was because of the phenomenon. The school trip was rescheduled from third year to second year, but nobody remembers why. And when asked about any details of the school trip, how they solved the problem, the rest of the year - people can only recall vague traumatic experiences, but no longer have the memories of what happened at that time, as the majority of half a year's worth of memories was erased.

It's possible Reiko was also caught up in the paranoia and ended up killing or at least severely injuring a classmate, leading to the bird's quote: "Why, Rei-chan? Why?" The guy mentioned in this episode sounds like he was a prime suspect during the investigation that no longer exists, still haunted by accusations (correct or not) he can no longer remember.
Old 2012-02-20, 17:50   Link #28
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDZ View Post
Spoiler for theory:
Nice going,I could really get behind this thory!
Old 2012-02-20, 17:54   Link #29
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I'm torn by this episode on three fronts with three different emotions.

On one hand I'm glad I've watched this at 6am instead of 6pm, that way I can spend the entire day trying to flush out those fucked-up memories instead of going to sleep with them. And Danshi-Koukousei would really help later... Seriously, what's with them going for the throat?! I'm sensitive there...>.>

On the other hand, I'm sufficiently intrigued at the constant pace of development that we're getting with the main plot mystery as more clues have been revealed. Looks like there will be a good old fashion horror showdown in a creepy old building.

And finally, I'm glad that the other noticeable students have stop ignoring Kouichi and Mei. It'll be a waste of their characters if they spent 4/5 of the series just ignoring the main characters. In particularly I'm glad that Akazawa is a rather friendly, understanding and easy-going person... You know, when she's not worry about the class.

Next week, a beach episode... YOU CAN'T FOOL ME !!!
Old 2012-02-20, 17:55   Link #30
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Wow that scene was crazy. So we they have more clues to work on. So i though Mei's fhe around either, but she is heading to her parents home.
Old 2012-02-20, 18:01   Link #31
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Anyone notice that Mochizuki was wearing a t-shirt with Dali's "The Persistence of Memory" on it? Hmm...
I did but since I have such a hard time with names in this series I didnt say anything, but yeah that was sweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen
And finally, I'm glad that the other noticeable students have stop ignoring Kouichi and Mei. It'll be a waste of their characters if they spent 4/5 of the series just ignoring the main characters. In particularly I'm glad that Akazawa is a rather friendly, understanding and easy-going person... You know, when she's not worry about the class.
Im glad that she doesnt hold Kouichi responsible, I could kinda see someone with her characteristics doing that so it made me happy to hear her say that.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2012-02-20, 18:12   Link #32
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

I... Don't get the reference ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Im glad that she doesnt hold Kouichi responsible, I could kinda see someone with her characteristics doing that so it made me happy to hear her say that.
Yeah, I'm really glad we don't have to go through that drama
Old 2012-02-20, 18:54   Link #33
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan

When Sakakibara said the coffee was bitter and sweet, I thought he was making a sly comment on twintails.
Old 2012-02-20, 19:25   Link #34
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I... Don't get the reference ?

The image on Mochizuki's shirt is of a very famous surrealist painting by Salvador Dali. It's been the topic of much speculation, with some people saying it's a comment about how Einstein destroyed the notion of time as a fixed and linear concept. Dali, for his part, said it represented "Camembert cheese melting in the hot sun."
Old 2012-02-20, 19:30   Link #35
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
The image on Mochizuki's shirt is of a very famous surrealist painting by Salvador Dali. It's been the topic of much speculation, with some people saying it's a comment about how Einstein destroyed the notion of time as a fixed and linear concept. Dali, for his part, said it represented "Camembert cheese melting in the hot sun."
And how does that work for a curse that seems to be selecting the Another from the list of the people it had once killed?
Old 2012-02-20, 19:45   Link #36
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Remember kids, Tatsuji-sensei says: "It's not a curse, it's a phenomenon!"

As for how "The Persistence of Memory" is related, it could be anything from a simple reminder that Mochi-kun is an art otaku to a play on words with the title (since the impersistence of memory is a key to the phenomenon) to something more specific.
Old 2012-02-20, 19:51   Link #37
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

That was brutal. I can't believe they censored it though. Good thing this is a series worth re watching.

And a beach episode!? Excellent.
Old 2012-02-20, 20:41   Link #38
Diveman

Oh a troll-beach episode, I enjoy those...but of course we ALL KNOW that something is gonna happen there; actually I would be extremely surprised if nothing happened at all.

I also started thinking Mei was the Another, but then if she's going to her parent's house that should put her out of suspect right?

Also she "did" mention a Father, she said oto-san and oka-san, so yeah she has both of them alive.
Old 2012-02-20, 20:58   Link #39
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDZ View Post
I realized something while watching this episode. The memories related to the Another are erased at the end of the year. It's never even been hinted at that the memories could be erased at any point before that - in other words, even if the Another were to die during the year, they would carry on with the knowledge of the Another's death, not forgetting anything about him/her until the end of the year.

Now, with that in mind, let's say you figure out who the Another is, and are convinced that if the Another is no longer alive, the phenomenon stops. If tensions rise high enough, someone will eventually kill the Another. So far, we've been assuming that means game over, the human party won, but thinking more realistically...as nobody is aware that the victim is the Another, it will be seen as a regular murder until the end of the year.

So here's my theory. In the Class 3 of 1983, during the school trip at the shrine, a combination of tension, paranoia and desperation caused conflicts inside the class to escalate, leading to violent conflicts that eventually resulted in the death of three students: The two students mentioned this episode, and the Another. Naturally, such a grotesque event does not go unnoticed, and the rest of the school year was disrupted and police and the legal system got involved. This dragged on for the rest of the year, until at graduation, everybody involved lost memories of the Another - including the murders at the school trip and its consequences. Nobody remembers why the two students died, but they assume it was because of the phenomenon. The school trip was rescheduled from third year to second year, but nobody remembers why. And when asked about any details of the school trip, how they solved the problem, the rest of the year - people can only recall vague traumatic experiences, but no longer have the memories of what happened at that time, as the majority of half a year's worth of memories was erased.

It's possible Reiko was also caught up in the paranoia and ended up killing or at least severely injuring a classmate, leading to the bird's quote: "Why, Rei-chan? Why?" The guy mentioned in this episode sounds like he was a prime suspect during the investigation that no longer exists, still haunted by accusations (correct or not) he can no longer remember.
^ This, oh god, this. This is the theory I will be following until new information is brought up.

In other news, I severely enjoyed the mood dissonance between the preview's visual and music.
Old 2012-02-20, 21:03   Link #40
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Arya, he wasn't trying to prepare a fish after all...
Ah~ah, can't feel sorry for the guy. Part of the bullying, the fact he chose to teach that classroom, and traumatizing a whole bunch of peo... well, they were part of the bullying too, so oh well, but still, he dirtied the desk and ground! They had no fault. Poor desks and ground. I think some guy vomited too.
If you wanted to die, I'd think there were less painful ways to do so though, than rather... err, stabbing yourself in the neck. Not that I would know first-hand.
I wonder how much money gets the janitor to clean that mess .
Closed Thread

Tags
horror